The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    Got my hands on 2 bottles of hopslam.
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,065
    Watching the Red Wings play and drinking a 2011 Founders KBS....delicious!!!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    went with flying dogs ipa

tasty
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Got my hands on a bunch of good shit in my moms hood. And the chick forgot to ring shit up so we got about $80 of beer retail for $40.

Cockeyed Cooper
    Brooklyn sorachi ale
    Dogfish head noble rot
    Allagash four
    Big eye ipa
    And a bunch of loose bottles.

$43 somehow
    And a bunch of random 6 pack
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    And the chick forgot to ring shit up so we got about $80 of beer retail for $40.
    Amazing. Only you could fall into a situation with the most inept cashier on the eastern seaboard. Cheers kid.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Got my hands on a bunch of good shit in my moms hood. And the chick forgot to ring shit up so we got about $80 of beer retail for $40.

Cockeyed Cooper
    Brooklyn sorachi ale
    Dogfish head noble rot
    Allagash four
    Big eye ipa

$43 somehow

I've got a bottle of the Noble Rot too....I haven't tried it yet...
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,952
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Brooklyn sorachi ale

Sorachi Ace is an awesome beer. Up until I bought that bottle of Faithful Ale, I am pretty sure the bottle of Sorachi was the most expensive bottle of beer I had ever bought. And based on the cost of those two beers after having the faithful I wished I had bought another bottle of Sorachi Ace instead.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    And the chick forgot to ring shit up so we got about $80 of beer retail for $40.
    Amazing. Only you could fall into a situation with the most inept cashier on the eastern seaboard. Cheers kid.

:thumbup: A very welcome mistake.
    afroannnie wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Cockeyed Cooper
    Brooklyn sorachi ale
    Dogfish head noble rot
    Allagash four
    Big eye ipa

$43 somehow

I've got a bottle of the Noble Rot too....I haven't tried it yet...

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. Sounds good.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Brooklyn sorachi ale

Sorachi Ace is an awesome beer. Up until I bought that bottle of Faithful Ale, I am pretty sure the bottle of Sorachi was the most expensive bottle of beer I had ever bought. And based on the cost of those two beers after having the faithful I wished I had bought another bottle of Sorachi Ace instead.

I actually hadn't heard of this until I saw it on the shelf. Sounds good. I will probably save it for a month or so until the spring.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Picked up my 3rd bottle of 120 IPA and a 4 pk of Double Trouble IPA.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    arogant bastard = delicious
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    I doubt many of you have access, but the Central Waters Illumination is great. I'm normally not a big fan of theirs, but their specialty 4 packs are usually primo brew.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Jnich2424Jnich2424 Posts: 608
    Drinking one of my Dogfish Head Hellhound's tonight.

Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Got my hands on 2 bottles of hopslam.
    Also had a couple of these earlier. Might have to grab another 6 pack tomorrow.
    Have we had this face off yet?
    Hellhound, Bitches Brew, Faithfull Ale
    I've had Faithfull Ale and it was underwhelming. Wasn't really a fan of Hellhound either. However, I did get a bottle of Bitches Brew the other day and waiting to open.
    How would you guys rank em?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    I see a Nugget Nectar in my near future...
  • I have in my possession two bottles each of Stone Arrogant Bastard, Double Bastard and the Vertical Epic 11-11-11. Now just to decide on which one to try tonight....
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    I've had Faithfull Ale and it was underwhelming. Wasn't really a fan of Hellhound either. However, I did get a bottle of Bitches Brew the other day and waiting to open.

1. Bitches Brew

2. Hellhound

3. Faithfull Ale
    Anyone hear that DFH Pangea is being retired? The kid at my local store looked it up today on his iphone and it said it was being retired. So I picked up the second to last bottle just in case. Other notable acquisitions today for youngster:

DFH Fort
    DFH Hellhound
    DFH World Wide Stout (x2)
    Weinstephaner

Gonna be one hell of a homecoming in a few weeks youngster. We're gonna get wrecked.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    youngster wrote:
    Anyone hear that DFH Pangea is being retired? The kid at my local store looked it up today on his iphone and it said it was being retired. So I picked up the second to last bottle just in case. Other notable acquisitions today for youngster:

DFH Fort
    DFH Hellhound
    Weinstephaner

Fort....quite possibly the most potent beer I've ever had...enjoy sir!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    http://beerpulse.com/2012/03/did-you-know-brooklyn-brewerys-2-market-to-nyc-is-sweden/

You see this Cliffy? Amazing. Hell of an operation they got down there.
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    youngster wrote:

DFH Fort
    DFH Hellhound
    Weinstephaner

Fort....quite possibly the most potent beer I've ever had...enjoy sir!

I will. It was described to me today as a "madman". At 18% ABV it should be one to remember......or forget depending on how much I have. :D

Gonna be one hell of a homecoming in a few weeks youngster. We're gonna get wrecked.

word. 8-)

http://beerpulse.com/2012/03/did-you-know-brooklyn-brewerys-2-market-to-nyc-is-sweden/

Dude, that's fucking incredible. Good stuff.
  • went with the arrogant bastard last night....that is some damn good stuff there.
    I figure I'll have the double bastard tonight to start and then the Vertical Epic on Saturday. Save the other 3 bottles as long as I can hold out....which usually doesn't work so well when I like something

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,952

Brookly Brewery is probably one of my favourite US breweries. They don't do the really crazy out there stuff like DFH does, but pretty much everything I have had of theirs has been excellent. The Brooklyn Pennant ale is a great beer, and the Sorachi ace I had was awesome. Even Brooklyn Lager is a perfect example of how to make that style of beer great. I really which that PJ had given Brooklyn the chance to make Faithful ale since it could have been awesome.

Speaking of faithful I was thinking about something. Unibroue out of quebec makes a beer called Éphémère Cassis which is basically a straight up black currant beer with tons of currant flavour. I wonder if I mixed a bottle of Duvel with a bit of Éphémère Cassis, could I get it to taste like Faithful ale? Because I really thought that faithful tasted like Duvel with a hint of black currant. Unfortunatly I don't really feel like chasing down another bottle of faithful and spending 15 bucks to find out.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/22/14733

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/222/695
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    I didn't care too much for Hellhound as I didn't care for the overpowering lemon aroma. Faithfull was an average beer, at best, in my opinion. I've heard really good things about Bitches Brew, but I haven't tried it yet. I've had a bottle since it was originally released in 2010, but haven't gotten around to drinking it yet. To compare, here are the ratings of all 3 on BeerAdvocate and RateBeer:

Hellhound
    http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/10099/67219
    http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/dogfish-he ... le/142907/

Bitches Brew
    http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/10 ... st&start=0
    http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/dogfish-he ... ew/124599/

Faithfull
    http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/10099/74321
    http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/dogfish-he ... le/156828/
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    anyone try the new Sam Adams Alpine Spring yet?
    i saw it at the store last night but didn't get it.. wondering if it's any good
  • conman wrote:
    anyone try the new Sam Adams Alpine Spring yet?
    i saw it at the store last night but didn't get it.. wondering if it's any good
    It's nothing super exceptional or anything like that....to me....but I've had it several times now and I do enjoy it. Good one to sit around and have several