The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    youngster wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    youngster wrote:
    Anyone hear that DFH Pangea is being retired? The kid at my local store looked it up today on his iphone and it said it was being retired. So I picked up the second to last bottle just in case. Other notable acquisitions today for youngster:

DFH Fort
    DFH Hellhound
    DFH World Wide Stout (x2)
    Weinstephaner

Fort....quite possibly the most potent beer I've ever had...enjoy sir!

I will. It was described to me today as a "madman". At 18% ABV it should be one to remember......or forget depending on how much I have. :D

:lol: Madman it is!! But it's INSANELY sweet, so it's a sipper for sure.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    conman wrote:
    anyone try the new Sam Adams Alpine Spring yet?
    i saw it at the store last night but didn't get it.. wondering if it's any good
    It's nothing super exceptional or anything like that....to me....but I've had it several times now and I do enjoy it. Good one to sit around and have several

I agree..they had a free "sampling" of that when I hit the beer store last week..it was ok..but I still left the place with a boxful of DFH and no Sam Adams...
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • shepshep Posts: 5,764
    youngster wrote:
    Anyone hear that DFH Pangea is being retired? The kid at my local store looked it up today on his iphone and it said it was being retired. So I picked up the second to last bottle just in case. Other notable acquisitions today for youngster:

Yea, I saw that on BA the other day... was sorely disappointed... I've got 2 bottles on stash, but I was hoping it would come around again cause I really did like it. Never know though, some more might show up down here, as DFH seasonals and limited editions often turn up here much later than everywhere else.

Was at the beer store today and picked up a 4-pack of Aprihop from DFH, and a bomber of The Reverend from Avery (it's a quad)... haven't had either before...

Tonight I think I will either be trying Jester King's Thrash Metal or The Immort-ale in the fridge (that I am still yet to try... :oops: ) Somehow life just keeps getting in the way of the 12% beer... :lol:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Picked up a few Stone's tonight: Double Bastard, Ruination IPA, and Sublimely Righteous.
    #FHP
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I am off on an epic quest to taste the best the uk has to offer. On to the land of room temperature beer and raised pints. Can't wait.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    I am off on an epic quest to taste the best the uk has to offer. On to the land of room temperature beer and raised pints. Can't wait.

Have a good trip brother and we'll raise a few pints when you return.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    conman wrote:
    anyone try the new Sam Adams Alpine Spring yet?
    i saw it at the store last night but didn't get it.. wondering if it's any good
    Not that great, IMO. I preferred Noble Pils. I know they now bottle Noble Pils year-round, I just preferred to have it on draft occasionally.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    Has anybody ever gone to the DFH Beer Dinners? I'm thinking about this one...

http://www.dogfish.com/community/events ... angaea.htm
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    I'm hoping to get my hands on a Wells & Young Courage Russian Imperial Stout next week!!!
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,149
    Last night I had DFH Red & White, Bell's Two Hearted Ale, and Captain Lawrence Saison.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Horos wrote:
    Picked up a few Stone's tonight: Double Bastard, Ruination IPA, and Sublimely Righteous.
    I just had double bastard last night. Loved it big time
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
    Horos wrote:
    I just had double bastard last night. Loved it big time
    Had the Ruination last night, pretty good. Had the Righteous tonight really good.

Pick up a 12oz DFH World Wide Stout and a 22oz HUB Noggin Floggin Barleywine on the way home tonight.
    #FHP
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Had a bottle of the Fort last night. Man, it is amazingly good and just as potent as you'd expect from an 18% ABV beer. Very satisfying.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
    Forgot when I was picking up beers last night had a DFH 90 Min IPA through the Randallizer. Tasty!
    #FHP
    Having a Double Bastard already. What can I say I'm a Sunday lush.
    #FHP
    Started a little local beer club. We're calling it the Sunday Syndicate. Last week was our first meeting the 6 of us tried 9 different beers. Good times.
    #FHP
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,065
    Horos wrote:
    Started a little local beer club. We're calling it the Sunday Syndicate. Last week was our first meeting the 6 of us tried 9 different beers. Good times.

Awesome! Sounds like a great time! Cheers to you!!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • PJFAN13 wrote:
    Yet another Stone to recommend:
    Vertical Epic 11.11.11
    WOW
    Even though I've imbibed a few months (9) earlier than designed, this is a tremendously amazing brew - the Anaheim Pepper finish makes a chile verde/taco/nacho/jalapeno eve that much more enjoyable!
    YUM

I agree - I think 11.11.11 is outstanding. Having purchased two of each bottle through the years - one to save, one to drink immediately - I've enjoyed experiencing all of the various flavors Stone has put into these brews. The only one I haven't been able to try (yet) is 02.02.02. Only got one bottle of that, and after holding onto it for the past decade, it's hard to believe I'll finally be able to pop the cap this year.
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    Horos wrote:
    Forgot when I was picking up beers last night had a DFH 90 Min IPA through the Randallizer. Tasty!
    Now there's one I'm wanting to try.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    Yet another Stone to recommend:
    Vertical Epic 11.11.11
    WOW
    Even though I've imbibed a few months (9) earlier than designed, this is a tremendously amazing brew - the Anaheim Pepper finish makes a chile verde/taco/nacho/jalapeno eve that much more enjoyable!
    YUM

I agree - I think 11.11.11 is outstanding. Having purchased two of each bottle through the years - one to save, one to drink immediately - I've enjoyed experiencing all of the various flavors Stone has put into these brews. The only one I haven't been able to try (yet) is 02.02.02. Only got one bottle of that, and after holding onto it for the past decade, it's hard to believe I'll finally be able to pop the cap this year.
    We just had the '11 tonight. Minutes ago. It was damn good. Loved the mild burn in the throat.

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I stumbled across a nice find on Saturday night. The Knife and Fork restaurant in AC had DFH Immort Ale on tap.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Is it wrong that I'm looking forward to stocking up on otherwise unavailable beers more than the Eddie concert when I head to Memphis?

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I tried Red Brick's Hoplanta which actually wasn't a bad ipa. One i could see myself drinking a few of and not getting tired of them. Its not overpowering. I was surprised Red Brick usually is "just okay" to my taste buds.

Also checked out Deviant Dales IPA. Reminded me a little of Sierra Nevada's newest Ruthless Rye. A little spicy good stuff though
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    Abita strawberry just started hitting the shelves...I usually dislike fruit-flavored beer but one or two of these can really hit the spot sometimes. Just picked up some Cigar City Jai Alai too
    We were but stones your light made us stars
    Having a Full Sail 2011 Reserve Old Boardhead Barleywine.
    #FHP
    A buddy just dropped off a bottle of Epic Mayhem (New Zealand) that I can't wait to try.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • I realize I'm the only one around here affected by this but yesterday was a big day in Mizzip :D

http://www.wlbt.com/story/17142517/stat ... -raise-abw

That's great news. I remember a buddy's dad telling me that years ago he had to buy warm beer in MS. Not sure it was a county regulation...
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • That's great news. I remember a buddy's dad telling me that years ago he had to buy warm beer in MS. Not sure it was a county regulation...
    Thanks...that is exceptional news actually.
    And who knows about the warm beer thing because the laws here have been (and I'm sure will continue to be to a lesser degree) screwed up. In college in starkville they couldn't sell cold beer. I'm guessing that's just a county thing. Here..we have cold beer sales but you can't sell singles and you can't sell it in restaurants.
    I just hope the new governor doesn't make me regret voting for him now ;)

The next I open a 10% Hopslam or a 14.5% Goose Island Bourbon County, I will be even more grateful that I live in WI. :)
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23