The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    It's Friday, it's almost quitting time, and I am looking very forward to going and buying a fresh 12-pack of some of the finest local Utah beer.

Happy Friday everyone.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Last couple of nights:

Elysian Bete Blanche Tripel
    Full Sail Brewers Share ESB
    Ninkasi Mason's Irish Red
    Ninkasi Spring Reign
    Ninkasi Total Domination IPA
    Ninkasi Tricerahops Double IPA
    #FHP
    Last night had a Cascade Lakes Cyclops IPA.
    #FHP
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Picked up some Troegs Nugget Nectar and some Dogfish Head Pangea. All being placed in Fenway Faithful and I's evergrowing beer cellar.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,199
    youngster wrote:
    Picked up some Troegs Nugget Nectar and some Dogfish Head Pangea. All being placed in Fenway Faithful and I's evergrowing beer cellar.

Keep that Nugget Nectar cold and them hops fresh!
  • I've had several of the Yazoo Brewing Hop Project beers lately....varied but all very good.

But the big news is that the bill that would increase ABW limits here from 5% to 8% was passed by the house today...on to the senate...God i hope this passes
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,988
    Jackson Hole, Wy.
    Just watched a little high school basketball and then headed directly to Snake River Brewing to try the limited on-tap 'Gros Vonster'. Shit was delicious. Gonna fill the growler on the way out of town Saturday.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    Just put a few big bottles in the mini-fridge - Foret, and Allagash's Tripel Reserve & Curieux; along with a sixer of Dale's Pale Ale. Good times.
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,065
    Just put a few big bottles in the mini-fridge - Foret, and Allagash's Tripel Reserve & Curieux; along with a sixer of Dale's Pale Ale. Good times.

Good beers!!! I'm jealous, Oskar Blues doesn't distribute to Michigan.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    Drinking a Jebus Freak Irish Stout - my own concoction. I don't think there's much alcohol in it, but it's freaking delicious.
  • capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270
    Just had a Flying Dog Raging Bitch. Never had it before but it was pretty good.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Horos wrote:
    Last couple of nights:

I've heard this is quite good. It does not come to Georgia unfortunately

Bigdaddywil- that is too bad about oskar blues. their G'Knight imperial red is one of my favs

capthowdy1027- Its been a while since i had raging bitch but i seem to remember thinking it was okay too

I've just been drinking sierra nevada torpedo's. love that beer.

To whoever posted the untapped app. THANK YOU. i really dig that
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Just had a Flying Dog Raging Bitch. Never had it before but it was pretty good.
    We had the Doggie Style last week which was also pretty damned tasty.
    Silly story....my drinkin buddy called that day after he had picked it up the day before and was asking me what I thought we should drink that night....I said well I figured we'd start with the doggie style....he said damn i hope nobody is listening to our conversation

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
    Just had a Flying Dog Raging Bitch. Never had it before but it was pretty good.
    We had the Doggie Style last week which was also pretty damned tasty.
    Silly story....my drinkin buddy called that day after he had picked it up the day before and was asking me what I thought we should drink that night....I said well I figured we'd start with the doggie style....he said damn i hope nobody is listening to our conversation
    That is funny. Doggy Style is their pale ale right?
    that is my fav of theirs (blue bottle)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Yeah that's the one....I've only had one other from Flying Dog and I can't remember what it was....is their amber called Mosquito Bite? Yeah...the one with the big skeeter on it

mfc2006 wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Just about to open a bottle of this....yum....

Deschutes Hop Henge Experimental IPA

from their site...
    "Hop Henge Experimental IPA is our annual exercise in IBU escalation. An outrageous amount of Centennial and Cascade hops are added to each barrel, with a heavy dry-hop presence as well. It is dense and muscular, with a blend of crystal, pale and carastan malts creating an overall biscuity characteristic. It’s all hop, no apologies."

i've gotta say that this is incredibly tasty. my wife even likes it & she usually hates IPA's.
    Had that a couple of night ago really tasty.

Last night had Lawnmower Lager from Caldera and Mission Brewery 2012 Celebration Ale.

Love that untappd but taking me forever to enter all my beers.
    #FHP
    intodeep wrote:
    Horos wrote:
    Last couple of nights:

Bigdaddywil- that is too bad about oskar blues. their G'Knight imperial red is one of my favs

capthowdy1027- Its been a while since i had raging bitch but i seem to remember thinking it was okay too

They have a 4 packs of 22s out right now, it has Total Domination IPA, Tricerahops Double IPA and 2 seasonals. It runs about 15-17 dollars, be glad to ship you one if that's possible.
    #FHP
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    Anybody seen Sierra Nevada in cans yet?

http://www.craftcans.com/sierra-nevada-cans-have-landed
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    Horos wrote:

Same here - I've got a bunch of bottles I'm holding onto until I can log them in, starting to take over my basement!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • In the interest of drinking everything I had picked up a couple bottles of Lindeman's Peche Lambic on last visit to the store.....tried it last night and it was just was a figured...fruity as shit and pretty much undrinkable. I'd never had a lambic before

Horos wrote:
    intodeep wrote:
    Horos wrote:
    Last couple of nights:

They have a 4 packs of 22s out right now, it has Total Domination IPA, Tricerahops Double IPA and 2 seasonals. It runs about 15-17 dollars, be glad to ship you one if that's possible.
    I may have to take you up on that at some point. Let me know if there is anything in Georgia you want and maybe we can set up a trade
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    In the interest of drinking everything I had picked up a couple bottles of Lindeman's Peche Lambic on last visit to the store.....tried it last night and it was just was a figured...fruity as shit and pretty much undrinkable. I'd never had a lambic before
    Sounds about right. I don't think I've had the peche, but I've had their framboise (raspberry) and it is super sweet. I could see drinking maybe 2 or 3 ounces as dessert or pouring it over ice cream, but that's about it. Unfortunately, I ordered a pint of it. It was tough to finish. My wife ordered a Red Monk, which is St. Bernardus Abt 12 with a few ounces of framboise in it, and that was actually quite good.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    DFH Aprihop
    SN Torpedo Cans

That's whats on the menu tonight
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • adam42381 wrote:
    In the interest of drinking everything I had picked up a couple bottles of Lindeman's Peche Lambic on last visit to the store.....tried it last night and it was just was a figured...fruity as shit and pretty much undrinkable. I'd never had a lambic before
    Sounds about right. I don't think I've had the peche, but I've had their framboise (raspberry) and it is super sweet. I could see drinking maybe 2 or 3 ounces as dessert or pouring it over ice cream, but that's about it. Unfortunately, I ordered a pint of it. It was tough to finish. My wife ordered a Red Monk, which is St. Bernardus Abt 12 with a few ounces of framboise in it, and that was actually quite good.
    Yeah you are pretty much right...might have been good on ice cream or something. My store also has the framboise and I guess get it one day too just because its there....but damn....i had a hard time finishing the bottle. That probably should've been a night cap after a long night of drinking

• So how are the Stone brews for those of you who have had them? I of course can't get them around here but I'm thinking hard about ordering some today. I figured I'd get two bottles each of Arrogant Bastard, Double Bastard and the Vertical Epic 11-11-11....a bit pricey with $15 shipping added but would it be worth my while to broaden me horizons a bit?

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    So how are the Stone brews for those of you who have had them? I of course can't get them around here but I'm thinking hard about ordering some today. I figured I'd get two bottles each of Arrogant Bastard, Double Bastard and the Vertical Epic 11-11-11....a bit pricey with $15 shipping added but would it be worth my while to broaden me horizons a bit?

Stone makes a good brew. I've had the arrogant and the smoked porter. the smoked porter is one of my favorite porters out there. i don't remember a ton about the arrogant....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Arrogant Bastard, Double Bastard, and the barleywine (forget the name) was really good from Stone
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Well I went ahead and placed the order and got myself one of these glasses to go with the beers

stone-arrogant-bastard-gg-beer-glass-lg.jpg

• Mamasan23 wrote:
    Horos wrote:

Same here - I've got a bunch of bottles I'm holding onto until I can log them in, starting to take over my basement!!!
    I just downloaded this. I like the brewgene app as well

• Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Arrogant Bastard, Double Bastard, and the barleywine (forget the name) was really good from Stone

Was drinking some Oaked Arrogant Bastard the other week, mighty tasty!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2