The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    had three floyds - robert the bruce and gumball head at yardhouse last night. very very good
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    shep wrote:

I've had the dark truth, double wide IPA, The Sixth Glass (a quadruple), and a Tank 7... of them the dark truth and the double wide were my favorites...

I also have one of there limited releases in my beer aging fridge... the 2011 Bourbon Barrel Quad... it's clocked in at some ridiculous ABV, so i thought it might be a good idea to age it a bit, judging from the other beers i've had from the brewer...

smart man. i have one aging as well. but my brother in law & i had some when we bought it...holy crap. :shock:

it's so flavorful....wow. but yeah, it is strong.

i'm opening my extra bottle someday soon, i think. :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    White trashing it tonight....went single wide
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • ekwiptekwipt Posts: 532
    Can't decide what to open tonight...
    Driftwood-Singularity Russian imperial stout
    Howe Sound-Megadestroyer Licorice stout
    Green Flash-Imperial IPA
    Lagunitas IPA
    ...Decisions, decisions...
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Got a half growler of DFH 120 Min. IPA........holy shit......15-20%........and $32.

Pretty good for how strong it is but a couple of glasses and I'm buzzed.
    #FHP
    Horos wrote:
    Got a half growler of DFH 120 Min. IPA........holy shit......15-20%........and $32.

Pretty good for how strong it is but a couple of glasses and I'm buzzed.
    :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    81 wrote:
    guitar59 wrote:
    Where should we stop and what should we look for in the NW corner of Arizona and SE corner of Nevada (Flaggstaff/Vegas)? The Mr. loves the IPAs and I am a pale ale gal.

Sierra Nevada :lol:

Although I am sure we will find California brews in Arizona (in fact we are counting on finding Stone and Sierra Nevada), we were actually looking for some unique brew pubs and local brews that might not leave the state. ;)
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    adam42381 wrote:
    Horos wrote:
    Faithfull Ale has finally hit Oregon at $10.59/bottle.
    Good price. Too bad the beer is mediocre.
    I still had to buy some even though I've had it. Told some friends that how insane I am, I bought it just because it says Pearl Jam on it.
    #FHP
    Horos wrote:
    adam42381 wrote:
    Horos wrote:
    Faithfull Ale has finally hit Oregon at $10.59/bottle.
    Good price. Too bad the beer is mediocre.
    I still had to buy some even though I've had it. Told some friends that how insane I am, I bought it just because it says Pearl Jam on it.

deep end.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    guitar59 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    guitar59 wrote:
    Where should we stop and what should we look for in the NW corner of Arizona and SE corner of Nevada (Flaggstaff/Vegas)? The Mr. loves the IPAs and I am a pale ale gal.

Sierra Nevada :lol:

Although I am sure we will find California brews in Arizona (in fact we are counting on finding Stone and Sierra Nevada), we were actually looking for some unique brew pubs and local brews that might not leave the state. ;)

oh...thought this was a quiz...carry on.

check ratebeer.com or beeradvocate.com both good sites

both stone and sierra are good quality even rated beers
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Tonight.. Bell's "Hell Hath No Fury"

very strong, and very good..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    Went to Belgian Beer Fest in BMore last night ... just woke up and not happy about it.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Got a 4pack of DFH Olde School today. I'll try 2 and hold 2. I didn't realize it was 15% :shock:
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    Someone please blow up the Belgian Empire...I am still drunk I think.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Anyone here on Untappd? Super cool site, check it out if you get a chance!
    http://untappd.com/home
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Mamasan23 wrote:

I have the app on my phone but I forget to use it most of the time.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I tried the DFH Ta Henket over the weekend and it smelled like bad dog food. It tasted slightly better than it smelled but I only gave it a couple sips. :(
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • davidtrios wrote:
    had three floyds - robert the bruce and gumball head at yardhouse last night. very very good

Both very good. Gumballhead is so good...especially on tap.
    Mamasan23 wrote:

I have the app on my phone but I forget to use it most of the time.

can't see myself ever using that.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • shepshep Posts: 5,764
    Over the weekend I tried an Avery Brewing Maharaja... wasn't much of a fan... it's a very citrusy hopped IPA... unfortunately that's not how I prefer my IPAs. I could still taste the beer in the back of my throat when i got up the next morning... :sick:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I use it all the time - well, I did use it all the time until I cut back on drinking to 1-2 days a week 5 weeks ago. Add me as a friend, if you'd like. Same username as here. I'm at 770 beers - 377 unique - going back to November 2010.
    http://untappd.com/user/adam42381/
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    adam42381 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I use it all the time - well, I did use it all the time until I cut back on drinking to 1-2 days a week 5 weeks ago. Add me as a friend, if you'd like. Same username as here. I'm at 770 beers - 377 unique - going back to November 2010.
    http://untappd.com/user/adam42381/

Awesome! just requested you, I'm Smerrill23. I am jealous of your beer intake sir.
    81 wrote:
    can't see myself ever using that.....

Elitist pig! :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2

it would be curious to see how many different beers i've consumed. 377 is a pretty impressive number. doubt i'm that high.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I have been going to Taco Mac for tha past two years and i'm up to 300 beers. Now they do it weird if you have it on draft that counts as one if you have it in a bottle that counts as another one. So 300 over the past two years there is a little exagerated.

But then again it only counts what i drink there and its only been keeping track the past two years :D

I am downloading that app now it looks pretty cool thank you for sharing
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    edited February 2012
    intodeep wrote:
    I have been going to Taco Mac for tha past two years and i'm up to 300 beers. Now they do it weird if you have it on draft that counts as one if you have it in a bottle that counts as another one. So 300 over the past two years there is a little exagerated.

But then again it only counts what i drink there and its only been keeping track the past two years :D
    We have a similar place, World of Beer, that opened in August 2011. They also count it as 2 different beers if you drink the same thing on draft and in a bottle/can. Also, my wife's drinks are allowed to count toward my total. I'm at 217 - approximately 30-40 are hers - which is good enough for number 10 on their list. Number 1 is at 417! The leader's girlfriend works there do he uses her 40% discount. He also gets beers to go in 6 packs which they also count.
    Post edited by adam42381 on
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    shep wrote:
    Over the weekend I tried an Avery Brewing Maharaja... wasn't much of a fan... it's a very citrusy hopped IPA... unfortunately that's not how I prefer my IPAs. I could still taste the beer in the back of my throat when i got up the next morning... :sick:
    :( that is one of my all time favs :(
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    81 wrote:

Sierra Nevada :lol:[/quote]

Although I am sure we will find California brews in Arizona (in fact we are counting on finding Stone and Sierra Nevada), we were actually looking for some unique brew pubs and local brews that might not leave the state. ;)[/quote]

oh...thought this was a quiz...carry on.

check ratebeer.com or beeradvocate.com both good sites

both stone and sierra are good quality even rated beers[/quote]

Thanks for the general advice...seems that lack of great suggestions from anyone has resulted in a change in plans...actually we were on the fence as to where to vacation ...decided to go to Seattle and the Olympic Peninsula.

Any suggestions for brewpubs there? Does anyone have a fave Northwest beer they think we should try? We have a book or 2 to reference, but could always use more info. We are travelling with kids, so are looking for family friendly places.
  • guitar59 wrote:
    ...decided to go to Seattle and the Olympic Peninsula.

Any suggestions for brewpubs there? Does anyone have a fave Northwest beer they think we should try? We have a book or 2 to reference, but could always use more info. We are travelling with kids, so are looking for family friendly places.
    Had a great time at the Pyramid brewhouse when I was out there. Its literally right next to Safeco Field where the Mariners play. Great beers at Pyramid.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    guitar59 wrote:

Had a great time at the Pyramid brewhouse when I was out there. Its literally right next to Safeco Field where the Mariners play. Great beers at Pyramid.
    Great idea...Mr. Guitar can take the kids to a ball game (the Yankees play the Mariners 3 times the week we visit) and I can sit in Pyramid and try all the ales!
  • rcsrcs Posts: 711
    guitar59 wrote:
    guitar59 wrote:

Great idea...Mr. Guitar can take the kids to a ball game (the Yankees play the Mariners 3 times the week we visit) and I can sit in Pyramid and try all the ales!
    Hey, where's that new avatar? ;)
    E agora? Faz xixi na mão e deita fora!