The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Von Hoffenstieger!
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Just put in an order for a 4 pack of Dogfish Head 120 minute IPA when it comes in around late Feb. Talked to the owner of my local liquor store and he said even if he can't get it on order he is in good with the distributor that can put one aside.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Hey Fenway...just had a Samuel smith winter welcome tonite even though it's currently 65 degrees...we enjoyed it. You?
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Super Bowl Sunday morning!!! Already enjoying an Elysian Idiot Sauvin IPA. Mmmmmmmmmm
    #FHP
  • Hey Fenway...just had a Samuel smith winter welcome tonite even though it's currently 65 degrees...we enjoyed it. You?
    Very much enjoyed it the first time. Might have the other tonight for the game if I can feel any better. Feeling like crap + super bowl sunday = maybe no craft beer for me tonight.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    60 minute ipas and black chocolate stouts for this little game today :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • Grabbed 2 founders Imperial Stouts for today!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    tried some really good craft beers during the game yest:

Goose Island Bourban Country Coffee- excellant
    Lagunita's Red- awesome
    3 Floyd's Zombiedust- way too hoppy for my taste
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    A coworker just came in and gave me:

2 Bell's Hopslam
    A Innis & Gunn Irish Cask
    A Founders Backwoods Bastard

I'm very happy and wish it was not 8am in the morning and I was not at work!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    A coworker just came in and gave me:

2 Bell's Hopslam
    A Innis & Gunn Irish Cask
    A Founders Backwoods Bastard

I'm very happy and wish it was not 8am in the morning and I was not at work!
    Sounds like time for a 'coffee' break. ;)
    #FHP
  • My drinking partner called me up yesterday and said he had picked us up a treat or two for last night and that I needed to drop by last night. Real funny guy he is...he enjoys getting anything and everything he sees that we haven't had....so last night we had a 32oz bottle of King Cobra malt liquor to split :lol:
    Of course it was FAAAAAAR from a fine craft brew but it was surprisingly smooth and nice tasting...I wouldn't recommend drinking more than two of those bottles though or you'd probably wake up in a roadside ditch

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    I'm almost a week in on my first shot at homebrewing - an Irish Stout. The positive is that I somehow got the wife so into it that she agreed to let me build a 3-tap kegerator to finish off the basement! We'll see if it happens.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RW81233 wrote:
    I'm almost a week in on my first shot at homebrewing - an Irish Stout. The positive is that I somehow got the wife so into it that she agreed to let me build a 3-tap kegerator to finish off the basement! We'll see if it happens.

how big of a batch?

i'm gonna go visit the local brew store...i want to build something like a 5 gallon brew house in the shed.

only problem...that's way more beer than i would ever need. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Grabbed up a variety case of Bells and just drank a Bitches Brew, that is some great stuff.

:thumbup:

Bells is really good
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    81 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

how big of a batch?

i'm gonna go visit the local brew store...i want to build something like a 5 gallon brew house in the shed.

only problem...that's way more beer than i would ever need. :lol:
    5 gallon batch...gonna learn to keg and have two taps of homebrew, and one tap of natty light (for Fanch) on at all times.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Hey Fenway...just had a Samuel smith winter welcome tonite even though it's currently 65 degrees...we enjoyed it. You?

I tried that a few weeks ago and wasn't a fan. Something seemed off with the aftertaste...
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Mamasan23 wrote:
    Hey Fenway...just had a Samuel smith winter welcome tonite even though it's currently 65 degrees...we enjoyed it. You?

I tried that a few weeks ago and wasn't a fan. Something seemed off with the aftertaste...
    Well I also was getting a bit of something weird in the aftertasste to start but it lessened to me as I continued drinking. I've still got two in the fridge...I may have to finish them off tonight

• JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Can any one tell me the street value of Hopslam? A sixer is on ebay for $26.99 +$22 shipping. It's not available in NJ :cry:
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    I got a call from Total Wine letting me know my six pack of Hopslam is ready to be picked up. Last year it was $20 for a six pack so I assume it will be around the same price this year.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    adam42381 wrote:
    I got a call from Total Wine letting me know my six pack of Hopslam is ready to be picked up. Last year it was $20 for a six pack so I assume it will be around the same price this year.
    Thanks. It 's available in PA but don't even get me started about the archaic liquor laws in PA.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • shepshep Posts: 5,764
    Had 2 glasses of Saint Arnold limited release Bitter Belgian. For those in the Houston area (if there's anyone other than me in this thread in the houston area :lol: ), it's definitely worth a try. An interesting take on the Elissa

for those interested I'll give some background.. Saint Arnold started a "moveable yeast" series 2 years ago, and this is the last of them. What they did was take their regular IPA (called Elissa) and change the yeast to make a bunch of different tasting beers...

The Bitter Belgian is the last of the series (they used a Belgian yeast strain obviously)... it's much more bitter than the typical IPA... I find it hard to believe that more hops weren't added to the brew, but I'm told they weren't... Anyway, it's a good beer! They only produced it in kegs - so you gotta go out somewhere to try it... I'll be looking for some more on my night out tonight...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    shep wrote:
    Had 2 glasses of Saint Arnold limited release Bitter Belgian. For those in the Houston area (if there's anyone other than me in this thread in the houston area :lol: ), it's definitely worth a try. An interesting take on the Elissa

for those interested I'll give some background.. Saint Arnold started a "moveable yeast" series 2 years ago, and this is the last of them. What they did was take their regular IPA (called Elissa) and change the yeast to make a bunch of different tasting beers...

The Bitter Belgian is the last of the series (they used a Belgian yeast strain obviously)... it's much more bitter than the typical IPA... I find it hard to believe that more hops weren't added to the brew, but I'm told they weren't... Anyway, it's a good beer! They only produced it in kegs - so you gotta go out somewhere to try it... I'll be looking for some more on my night out tonight...

Let me know when you receive the Immort Ale.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Hopslam or Zombie Dust? If I was going to splurge on a couple bottles on ebay which should I try 1st? They're both about the same price.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Microbrew Festival in town tonight. One of my friends birthday as well. Going to be sampling alot of beers tonight!
    #FHP
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Hopslam or Zombie Dust? If I was going to splurge on a couple bottles on ebay which should I try 1st? They're both about the same price.
    For me, I'd have a hard time spending close to $50 for a sixer of almost anything. That said, if I was going to spend the money, I'd spend it on Hopslam simply because it's a much higher alcohol beer. I've never had Zombie Dust (which I've heard is an excellent pale ale), but I think you'll get more bang for your buck with Hopslam at 10% vs. Zombie Dust at 6% ABV.

For the record, retail prices on Hopslam are around $20/6 pack whereas Zombie Dust retails for around $10-12/6-pack.
    adam42381 wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    For me, I'd have a hard time spending close to $50 for a sixer of almost anything. That said, if I was going to spend the money, I'd spend it on Hopslam simply because it's a much higher alcohol beer. I've never had Zombie Dust (which I've heard is an excellent pale ale), but I think you'll get more bang for your buck with Hopslam at 10% vs. Zombie Dust at 6% ABV.

For the record, retail prices on Hopslam are around $20/6 pack whereas Zombie Dust retails for around $10-12/6-pack.

Thanks. I may just grab a bottle or 2.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Today's mini-haul.

12%2B-%2B1
    adam42381 wrote:
    Today's mini-haul.

12%2B-%2B1

Nice haul!
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    Picked up a case of Fade To Black, some oysters, a couple of lamb chops
  • Just left Iron Hill Brewery,really wish the sold to stores.
    Go Birds!!!!