2 Dogfish Immort
    2 Dogfish Olde School
    Anchor Our Special Ale
    Mad Elf
    Bluepoint Winter
    Rogue Santas Private Reserve
    Southern Tier Old Man Winter Seasonal
    Great Lakes Christmas Ale

Also stocked up on a lot of wine, Jameson, Jack and Woodford for the holidays. Going to be a drunk month.

Nice!! Can I come over? :lol:
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,639
    mca47 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Just got back from the store. I got

2 Dogfish Immort
    2 Dogfish Olde School
    Anchor Our Special Ale
    Mad Elf
    Bluepoint Winter
    Rogue Santas Private Reserve
    Southern Tier Old Man Winter Seasonal
    Great Lakes Christmas Ale

Also stocked up on a lot of wine, Jameson, Jack and Woodford for the holidays. Going to be a drunk month.

Nice!! Can I come over? :lol:

Haha, any time, man. This is to go on top of a case of Brooklyn Winter I got last night and a few 120's, Faithfull, Hellhound, Cigar City Russian Imperial, and Bitches Brew that I already had. I usually don't stock up like this but kind of liking it.
  • Options
    Olde school=A+. That's some shit
  • Options
    Immort ale is scotch in a beer, it's crazy.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Olde school=A+. That's some shit
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    I brought back a bunch of cans and bottles today in exchange for their last 12pack of SN Tumblers. Like 10 bucks worth of redemption. One last enjoyment of fall at the end of the night tonight. Probably save the rest for winter.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    just picked up some sweet water 420 extra pale ale
  • Options
    conman wrote:
    Sounds like something you'd sneak into the MMJ show later this month conman.
  • Options
    conman wrote:
    haha! not yet, gotta wait another 6 months until i get out ofthe navy :P
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,724
    The wife bought me a home brew kit for my birthday...I've been talking about buying one for ages now but just never got around to it. VERY excited to start brewin my own! Any home brewers have any tips for a rookie? Or perhaps, there is an entire thread about this *searches for home brewing thread*

Here's a good page with info:

http://www.howtobrew.com/section1/index.html

My tips are to use actual hops and not pellet hops. Also, make sure everything is good and sanitized. Your local brew shop should hook you up with tips and advice. My shop makes kits for $35-40. Try to avoid kits that are in a can and come from far away. Have fun, it's pretty easy with only basic cooking skills.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    conman wrote:
    Sweetwater is the local beer here. Their extra pale is not bad. a little different, but not special. I drink it when i go to a resturant and they have bass, guiness, miller lite, amber bock, blue moon and sweetwater 420 (seems those listed before are at every resturant and they throw sweetwater in because it is local)

Their IPA i think is the best of Sweetwater's year round line up. It is a unique IPA in that it has more of a grapefruit flavor than a lot of the others. Its not for everyone but easily my fav from Sweetwater

They released Fresh Sticky Nugs recently which was a nice red but if you are not in the area i don't know if it will be easy to find.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    conman wrote:
    Sweetwater is the local beer here. Their extra pale is not bad. a little different, but not special. I drink it when i go to a resturant and they have bass, guiness, miller lite, amber bock, blue moon and sweetwater 420 (seems those listed before are at every resturant and they throw sweetwater in because it is local)

Their IPA i think is the best of Sweetwater's year round line up. It is a unique IPA in that it has more of a grapefruit flavor than a lot of the others. Its not for everyone but easily my fav from Sweetwater

They released Fresh Sticky Nugs recently which was a nice red but if you are not in the area i don't know if it will be easy to find.
    yeah the extra pale ale wasn't bad, just wasn't great
    fresh sticky nugs sounds like something i will look for :lol:
    i'll keep an eye out for the IPA too, thanks!
  • Options
    Go Beavers wrote:
    The wife bought me a home brew kit for my birthday...I've been talking about buying one for ages now but just never got around to it. VERY excited to start brewin my own! Any home brewers have any tips for a rookie? Or perhaps, there is an entire thread about this *searches for home brewing thread*

Here's a good page with info:

http://www.howtobrew.com/section1/index.html

My tips are to use actual hops and not pellet hops. Also, make sure everything is good and sanitized. Your local brew shop should hook you up with tips and advice. My shop makes kits for $35-40. Try to avoid kits that are in a can and come from far away. Have fun, it's pretty easy with only basic cooking skills.
    I don't know what kind of kit you got, but my buddy got a Mr. Beer a few months back and as long as you follow the instructions to the T you're just fine with that particular one. It's definitely a beginner's kit. That said, we have done two batches – actually finished off the second batch last night – and we will be brewing a third batch tonight. The beer has actually been quite tasty. We just had the 'blonde' brew and I would drink that stuff over several other blondes I've had....especially Shiner.
    We hope to expand our operation in the near future. It's good fun and good beer, but the waiting is the hardest part.

Also, we tried some Lazy Magnolia Indian Summer last night for the first time and it was quite tasty. It could easily be a go-to brew for summer grilling and what not, but it's brewed year round. Magnolia is Mizzip's only brewery and I really don't know how widely it is distributed, but they've got some damn good beers
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    It's Friday...what's the plan for everyone this weekend? Anything special scheduled for consumption?
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    It's Friday...what's the plan for everyone this weekend? Anything special scheduled for consumption?

I have some Great Lakes Burning River chillin
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

Oh man that looks awesome. We dont get that here.

Did you catch this 81? Greatest beer collection around.
    http://beernews.org/2011/12/one-of-the-top-ten-nastiest-beer-cellars-in-the-country-video/

I'm going to the store in the next hour, so I'm watching this for inspiration.
  • Options
    I'm going to make a run to the beer store down the road again in the morning...probably get 4 or 5 treats. I wish i was there now

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    First one on the night was a blue point winter. Decent, nothing special.

Southern Tier Old Man Seasonal Winter. I like it a lot.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,826
    I don't know if it was Otter Creek Oktoberfest, or their Winter Ale, but one of them was really fucking good.
  • Options
    I got me a growler of Schlafly Christmas Ale. This shit is really good.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    81 wrote:

Oh man that looks awesome. We dont get that here.

Did you catch this 81? Greatest beer collection around.
    http://beernews.org/2011/12/one-of-the-top-ten-nastiest-beer-cellars-in-the-country-video/

I'm going to the store in the next hour, so I'm watching this for inspiration.

That video is a little over the top. It's like Seinfeld filming a video of all his Porche's. That guy will be dead before he can drink all that beer. May as well film the shelves of a beer store but if he can afford it, good for him.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    adam42381 wrote:
    Drinking a Cigar City Marshal Zhukov's Imperial Stout. I know, I'm a lucky bastard.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/17981/45973
    ycqAn.jpg

Just poured one of these. God damn this is so dark beer.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,442
    chicory stout.

thank you dogfish head
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    my dad got me to pick some of that chicory stout up...pretty nice. however when i spend loot on beer i want to get fucked up too and 5% just isn't doing it for me haha.
  • Options
    RW81233 wrote:
    my dad got me to pick some of that chicory stout up...pretty nice. however when i spend loot on beer i want to get fucked up too and 5% just isn't doing it for me haha.

See above. Good shit
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,826
    Aaaaaaannnnnd onto the Summer Love.
  • Options
    BubbaBubba Posts: 630
    Just had a few Anderson Valley Winter Solstice. Everything I've had from them is very good. Big fan of them and Breckenridge Brewery, the Vanilla Porter is amazing.
  • Options
    JP's back on the board. Welcome back kid.

Just grabbed some DFH Palo Santo Marron and DFH Immort. Gonna be a twisted next few hours.
  • Options
    I had a big weekeend of new ones to me.

I made a trip Saturday morning....
    Shipyard Export
    Warsteiner Dunkel
    Tommyknocker Jackwhacker
    Bayou Teche smoked cherrywood

Also picked up growler of Lazy Magnolia's limited release of Ginger Jacque Ale

Then an old friend came over Saturday evening with
    Rogue Amber
    Flying Dog Amber

the fridge is well stocked

• Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,505
    I haven't had a beer in over a week. I overdid it last weekend so I decided to take a week or so off. I planned on going a little longer, but World of Beer is hosting a Dogfish Head night tonight and I don't think I can skip it after seeing the draft list:

60 Minute
    90 Minute
    Raison D'Etre
    Chicory Stout
    My Antonia
    Namaste
    Pangea
    Immort Ale
    Pearl Jam Twenty Ale

http://ftmyers.wobusa.com/Events/Specia ... spx?id=269
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.