Separating/Divorcing-Anyone in the process?

Comments

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202

it's the same old shit; we both think we're getting screwed...and we are...by our lawyers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3vjN9k-sgM

Say "we want pre-nup!"
    That was like the fucking bat signal :lol: I knew you'd show up...actually a catchy tune ha!
    I don't think it would have mattered?...the money issues are over child maintenance and visitation and the way it's been handled....and no, i'm not a deadbeat dad, and have never been late on a payment...I'm trying hard not to go into too much detail here, nor give a completely biased acount of it all....but let's just say...ya...imho.....catchy tune :lol:

Yeah, I know nothing about the situation or reality of divorce and wasn't implying anything about you or your wife. Just trying to inject a little levity into the proceedings. And it IS a catchy tune :)
  • pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Posts: 3,428
    Best of luck to the OP...keep yourself busy, don't wait around for time to make things better...these forums can be a lot of help when you're stuck home alone during the tough times...but try to avoid being stuck home alone!

thanks...I'm keeping myself as busy as I can right now, which is a good thing. (well, swine flu is bad for my business as a travel agent, but aside from that, I'm good-busy!)
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056

Yeah, I know nothing about the situation or reality of divorce and wasn't implying anything about you or your wife. Just trying to inject a little levity into the proceedings. And it IS a catchy tune :)

nah, didn't think you were implying anything about me, but it's obvious you know my ex ( ;) )...my deadbeat dad comment was a disclaimer for the board...you KNOW if someone mentions child support as a divorce issue, the knee-jerk = deadbeat dad. Guess the ladies get to deal with the gold digger stuff...all's fair in love n war, right?

good to hear pjgirl2010 :) well, not about swine flu, but you know...
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202

nah, didn't think you were implying anything about me, but it's obvious you know my ex ( ;) )...my deadbeat dad comment was a disclaimer for the board...you KNOW if someone mentions child support as a divorce issue, the knee-jerk = deadbeat dad. Guess the ladies get to deal with the gold digger stuff...all's fair in love n war, right?

I take the philosophy that nothing is ever fair, in love, war, life, or anything else.

I take the philosophy that nothing is ever fair, in love, war, life, or anything else.
    you don't say, I've NEVER got that impression of ya ;) you're right....and a hard ass about it.
    bah...if I had a nickel for every time I asked 'why does everything always have to be FAIR?' during my marriage, I'd probably have enough to pay my legal fees.
    (not that bitter, honest :roll: )
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    not for anything, but this thread is a great read.

especially for someone in counseling. :)

(and my gawd there are some good lookin' newly single pearl jam girls on here!!!)
    I love to turn you on
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,704

(and my gawd there are some good lookin' newly single pearl jam girls on here!!!)
    This statement shows how well conseling works!
    ;)

:mrgreen:
    This weekend we rock Portland
    not for anything, but this thread is a great read.

especially for someone in counseling. :)

LOL--it is a good read, actually...and it's always good to hear that you're not the only one going thru a particular situation--seeing how others are making it through is such a relief and makes it seem like it'll be ooooookkkkkk :-)

• megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    [ makes it seem like it'll be ooooookkkkkk :-)

i played that song 345,652 times during my lil' situation
    made me laught thanks :D
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    PJG10, sorry to hear. At least you are young and have a lot to look forward to. Your at square one and I bet that'll be a great feeling at some point. Im sure it sucks now (ive never been separated/divorced). But like I said, you are young and there is a long road ahead. You are sure to find a betterman.

I believe Im the same age as you and I have never been married/engaged. Most of my close friends arent married either (and no, its not because we are poor or losers). Plenty of time before you need to settle down with someone (if thats what you would like to eventually do).

And lastly, you have an EV show to look forward to.

:P smile
    MayDay10 wrote:
    PJG10, sorry to hear. At least you are young and have a lot to look forward to. Your at square one and I bet that'll be a great feeling at some point. Im sure it sucks now (ive never been separated/divorced). But like I said, you are young and there is a long road ahead. You are sure to find a betterman.

I believe Im the same age as you and I have never been married/engaged. Most of my close friends arent married either (and no, its not because we are poor or losers). Plenty of time before you need to settle down with someone (if thats what you would like to eventually do).

And lastly, you have an EV show to look forward to.

:P smile

thanks...you're right about a lot of things...it always helps to put things into perspective

and i am really looking forward to the EV shows in Philly :-)

• CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169

As am I!!!

I think we should have an 'awesome PJ girl' convergence at my place before nt 2 since cinn.girl will be down :)
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"

As am I!!!

I think we should have an 'awesome PJ girl' convergence at my place before nt 2 since cinn.girl will be down :)

abso-freaking-lutely!!!!! I'm in.

• Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854

As am I!!!

I'm there!! :D:D
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
    Ohhh it's soooo on!!! Par-TAY! :P
    Ohhh it's soooo on!!! Par-TAY! :P

this is such an awesome thing to look forward to....

do you know where King of Prussia mall is? If you do, then you can find me!

do you know where King of Prussia mall is? If you do, then you can find me!

I do...I think. we usually go to the oxford valley mall when I come home.

• LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Watch out Philly guys, some hot looking PJ girls come through your way. ;)

All seriousness, I hope the situation works out alright with the OP. Best of luck!
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009

I do...I think. we usually go to the oxford valley mall when I come home.
    where the hell is that!? :P

well when it's closer to EV time I'll give you the Info :P

I'm going up to see CInnGirl in 2 weeks for Ben Harper, maybe she and I will iron out some party details :D

beer, wine, food.... men bashing.... hehe... just kidding on that last one!

beer, wine, food.... men bashing.... hehe... just kidding on that last one!

no, you're not. 8-)
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
    Only if you don't want me to be :twisted:
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Poncier wrote:

This statement shows how well conseling works!
    ;)

:mrgreen:

:lol: :P

love me some pearl jam girls.....
    I love to turn you on
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    (I know a certain awesome someone here has been helping me a lot with this--THANK YOU)

He just wants to be there when you're ready to give up the goods in your time of need. Just saying. :)
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
    fanch75 wrote:
    (I know a certain awesome someone here has been helping me a lot with this--THANK YOU)

He just wants to be there when you're ready to give up the goods in your time of need. Just saying. :)

hmmm...what do you think, Brandi!?! LOL!

fanch75 wrote:

:o

Shame on you Brandi. ;)
    fanch75 wrote:

hmmm...what do you think, Brandi!?! LOL!

:evil:
    I was already fighting to keep images of scantily-clad pillow fights out of my head...this didn't help ;)
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    I was already fighting to keep images of scantily-clad pillow fights out of my head...this didn't help ;)

so it wasn't just me? phew!! :mrgreen:
    norm wrote:

what do scantily-clad pillows look like? 8-)

norm wrote:

what do scantily-clad pillows look like? 8-)

PillowPeople_MrSandman.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol: