Tomatoes
    DSCN1356.jpg
    Cauliflower
    DSCN1357.jpg
    Hot peppers
    DSCN1358.jpg
    Carrots
    DSCN1360.jpg

I'm loving my first ever veggie garden! I can't wait to indulge in all the goodness. :D
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • Options
    Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854
    can someone please tell me exactly how to post a pic here?

I use photobucket.com to upload pictures then use the image codes on my posts.
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    I'm here!! I'm here! Sorry it took so long. :oops:

DSCN1349.jpg
    My first pea!!
    DSCN1351.jpg
    Yummy lettuce.
    DSCN1354.jpg
    Tomatoes
    DSCN1356.jpg
    Cauliflower
    DSCN1357.jpg
    Hot peppers
    DSCN1358.jpg
    Carrots
    DSCN1360.jpg

I'm loving my first ever veggie garden! I can't wait to indulge in all the goodness. :D

WOWZERS!
    :shock: :shock: :shock:
    that looks AWESOME cinngirl! you've planted a LOT! is it ALL from seed? i am truly impressed. you are going to be buried in fresh produce - lucky girl!
    :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854
    No no...only the carrots, lettuce, peas and onions are from seed. The rest I bought as babies, :)

Thanks!
  • Options
    No no...only the carrots, lettuce, peas and onions are from seed. The rest I bought as babies, :)

Thanks!

*only*.....hahahaha. :D
    still quite impressive!
    and that lettuce looks fantastic - i'm coming over for a salad soon. ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Riot_MacRiot_Mac Posts: 473
    I'm here!! I'm here! Sorry it took so long. :oops:

That is a nice looking garden! I will post some updated pics of mine soon.
    "hear my name, take a good look, this could be the day."
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    DSCN1137.jpg
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    DSCN1137.jpg
    Is that zucchini?
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    DSCN1137.jpg
    Is that zucchini?

it most definitely is!
    i am jealous....my zucchini is no where near bearing any fruit just yet. my egg plant has plenty of buds going, all else is growing wild....but not producing any fruits just yet. not too long tho and bam! buried in veggies! :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    DSCN1137.jpg
    Is that zucchini?
    yes, but it is only about 2 inches long.
  • Options
    DSCN1137.jpg
    Is that zucchini?

it most definitely is!
    i am jealous....my zucchini is no where near bearing any fruit just yet. my egg plant has plenty of buds going, all else is growing wild....but not producing any fruits just yet. not too long tho and bam! buried in veggies! :mrgreen:
    i can't wait to be 'buried in veggies' !
  • Options
    it most definitely is!
    i can't wait to be 'buried in veggies' !

it's awesome, isn't it?
    really looking forward to it.

years ago mr. dream used to can/pickle our jalapenos...i am thinking he'll can all his fresh sauce this year if we get the bounty we are hoping for. normally, we just freeze it...but if we get lots, we won't have room for anything else!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    DSCN1170.jpg

i have tiny green beans! most are about an inch long. one is a bit larger.
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    justam wrote:
    :)

I knew this would be a gardening thread!! :mrgreen:

Ah, but a small part of you was hoping it wouldn't be. :P
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    DSCN1170.jpg

i have tiny green beans! most are about an inch long. one is a bit larger.

very cool!
    8-)

i snapped a bunch of pics of the garden today - beautiful day!
    now if i can get arouind to uploading em all...perhaps i'll share at some point. :)
    garden is growing by leaps and bounds!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Not dirt....water! This Summer we have been redoing our backyard. The pond was the first part of the makeover. We are now in the process of building a two tier stone patio. We (my son and hubby!!!) :D

pond09.jpg
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Not dirt....water! This Summer we have been redoing our backyard. The pond was the first part of the makeover. We are now in the process of building a two tier stone patio. We (my son and hubby!!!) :D

pond09.jpg

gorgeous!
    what an utterly perfect pond!
    ours is a puddle in comparison - haha - but it works for us.

our garden is going CRAZY! we have loads of tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, zucchini and eggplants starting! also had my very first strawberry off the vine this season. few more weeks and i see us buried in produce. i also went and planted a few new perennials this weekend. again, i've snapped some pics....but yea.....need to get em on the computer. i've just not have ad any interest in touching the computer when i am home, especially with all the gorgeous weather we've been having! someday tho.....i'll get em up here.

keep em coming!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    PJaddicted wrote:

Nice!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    PJaddicted wrote:

pond09.jpg
    WOW, just WOW !!!!!
  • Options
    ok, still haven't uploaded any pics :oops: .....hopefully i'll manage before the summer ends. ;)
    that said, the garden is INSANE! we ate our first fresh eggplant of the season a few nights ago - yummy! - and hubby picked our first cucumbers last night! 3 big beauties! so that means my thai cucumber salad for lunch next week - all fresh and homegrown! yay! it's all starting now...soon...buried in fresh produce!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    I live in the Pacific Northwest. What the HELL is the deal with tomatoes this year? Last year we had tomatoes practically falling out of our asses and this year all we have is little green ones. Does anyone else have ideas or suffering the same fate?

We do have a gazillion green beans though and of course the veggie every neighbor hates...zucchini. I swear they all start avoiding eye contact this time of year for fear I'm going to try and push some zucc on them.
  • Options
    I live in the Pacific Northwest. What the HELL is the deal with tomatoes this year? Last year we had tomatoes practically falling out of our asses and this year all we have is little green ones. Does anyone else have ideas or suffering the same fate?

We do have a gazillion green beans though and of course the veggie every neighbor hates...zucchini. I swear they all start avoiding eye contact this time of year for fear I'm going to try and push some zucc on them.

has your summer been cooler and/or wetter than usual?
    our tomato plants aren't as lush as usual, tho plenty of little green tomatoes. however, i think normally the plants would be a lot bigger, and the tomatoes starting to turn red, and yea, also bigger. our summers are usually pretty hot and humid, and not too much rain. this summer has been cooler, not humid and a ton of rain. tomoatoes prefer hot and dry weather - think italy. that's why i think they are not doing as well.

that rhe part i bolded made me laugh. :mrgreen:
    i don't push my produce on neighbors, i share with coworkers. :lol: i make sure to ask first tho if they are interested. i also work in NYC, so many of my colleagues don't have gardens and/or access to home-grown produce so most are appreciative. it's just a pain in the ass commuting/carrying em all around. i brought in 2 cucumbers today :)....my husband has 2 to bring in to his job tomorrow. i foresee some japanese eggplant making it's way in this week too.....and yea...we are having zucchini and eggplant on the grill tonight. 8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    The part that you put in bold print made me laugh too. :D

No one wants extra zucchini!!! ;)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    our tomato plants aren't as lush as usual, tho plenty of little green tomatoes. however, i think normally the plants would be a lot bigger, and the tomatoes starting to turn red, and yea, also bigger. our summers are usually pretty hot and humid, and not too much rain. this summer has been cooler, not humid and a ton of rain. tomoatoes prefer hot and dry weather - think italy. that's why i think they are not doing as well.

i don't push my produce on neighbors, i share with coworkers. :lol: i make sure to ask first tho if they are interested. i also work in NYC, so many of my colleagues don't have gardens and/or access to home-grown produce so most are appreciative. it's just a pain in the ass commuting/carrying em all around. i brought in 2 cucumbers today :)....my husband has 2 to bring in to his job tomorrow. i foresee some japanese eggplant making it's way in this week too.....and yea...we are having zucchini and eggplant on the grill tonight. 8-)

summer has been slower coming now that you mention it. last year our garden kicked so much ass and I'm just comparing everything to that year. From 4 tomato plants, in one day, my husband picked something like 60 tomatoes. I kid you not. I was so friggin sick of tomatoes last year. I guess in some twisted logic, I want that again!
    I imagine you communting and walking the street with some giant cucumber! That would make for an interesting commute I think.
  • Options

summer has been slower coming now that you mention it. last year our garden kicked so much ass and I'm just comparing everything to that year. From 4 tomato plants, in one day, my husband picked something like 60 tomatoes. I kid you not. I was so friggin sick of tomatoes last year. I guess in some twisted logic, I want that again!
    I imagine you communting and walking the street with some giant cucumber! That would make for an interesting commute I think.

grey skies and pouring rain as i type this...

:oops:
    :lol:
    for the record, i put them in a small plastic market bag, and then within my big 'commuting' bag that i carry all my stuff to/from work....so it's really not such a sight at all. just makes my bag a lot heavier hen i carry in a good deal of produce.

you seriously crack me up!

oh, and the zucchini and japanese eggplant, with shrimp, on the grill last night - YUMMM! 8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    today i brought in 2 large zucchini for colleagues....friday i handed out 4 beautiful japanese eggplant.....and perhaps a week or so ago i gave out 4-5 cucumber, my hubby gave out 3. :lol: yep....it's all stock-piling now!

the pepper plants are looking spectacular, especially the thai chili. the red and yello bell peppers, lots of peppers growing, just hope they turn their proper color and we get to pickin' em before the bugs get to em! i am finding the tiny little bugs are getting to the strawberries first. :evil: i got one *perfect* berry a couple weeks ago, now all the rest either browning or bug-infested. eh well...

oh and our late-started yellow squash seeds, growing and creating blooms...so lookin' good for a getting a few squash this summer!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    dawngdawng Posts: 644
    anybody want some zuccinni bread? :)

I finally took pics last night and I will put them up soon. Tomatos and zuccinni are going NUTS - tomatos aren't red yet but they are still growing like mad (they are taller than I am!!!)

Unfortunately - the watermelon, cantaloupe, and cucumbers are all still the same size as when I planted them 2 months ago. :( Just not warm enough I think? Or perhaps I just suck at growing anthing but zuccinni? ;)

Yay for fresh produce!

(Anyone in Seattle want some zuccinni? LOL)
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
  • Options
    dawng wrote:
    anybody want some zuccinni bread? :)

I finally took pics last night and I will put them up soon. Tomatos and zuccinni are going NUTS - tomatos aren't red yet but they are still growing like mad (they are taller than I am!!!)

Unfortunately - the watermelon, cantaloupe, and cucumbers are all still the same size as when I planted them 2 months ago. :( Just not warm enough I think? Or perhaps I just suck at growing anthing but zuccinni? ;)

Yay for fresh produce!

(Anyone in Seattle want some zuccinni? LOL)

:lol:

of all the crops you mention, tomatoes seem to hinge moreso on heat and dry than the others. funny too, in my garden, the cucumbers are INSANE.....and sure, the tomatoes are growing, but not nearly as tall/bushy as usual. so who knows? watermelon, cantalope and cucumbers all grow in the same way, trailers/vining...so i do wonder what's up in your garden there.

zucchini bread sounds yummy! :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    still haven't uploaded my pics.... :oops:
    garden is a JUNGLE!
    got our first batch of tmoatoes....buried in cucumbers, what a crop this year! and the eggplant, outstanding! had our first yellow squash with dinner last night too (started em from seeds quite late, shokced we got any!) and quite delish!

how is everyone's gardens growing?
    8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...