Options

Message from UPS to our European Super Deluxe Customers

Comments

• Options
    BlackCoBlackCo Posts: 4
    Pegasus wrote:
    ad137304 wrote:
    Putain Pegazus arrete de prendre de haut tout le monde, tu ressembles à rien là.

Ten Club should give a refund for every extra euro or pound given by european costumers. When i see shipment for 50 dollars i am not supposed to give anything more to receive the object (ie: i don't care if it comes with us post, UPS, DHL or santa...). OK to say that this might not be a TC mistake but IT IS a TC responsibility.

Hope the TC will do what should be done here: ask for every one a copy of the UPS bill and refund what has been paid.
    si les gens sont cons, c'est comme ca qu'il faut les prendre.
    It's not like I didn't try to warn people for weeks.

it is NOT 10c responsibility to check every single country import policy. That's YOURS.
    How very French of you expecting to be totally assisted instead of taking responsibility :| (for the Mods: I'm French too.. originally)

If you don't like having to pay taxes, talk to your government instead! (or in the case of the French, shout at it :roll: )

Dimitris, I said in your case you have obviously something very wrong going on and should question it, but 99% of people complaining (the ones with £30/€45 fees) do about something that is THE LAW..not 10c decision (who exposed themselves for you by under-declaring the merchandise), not UPS (well, ok their fee is), but the local government!

Dans ce cas je vais te prendre de haut (c'est mieux que de derrière, merci mon dieu)

I must insist ! It is a Ten Club responsibility, that is of course if the TC is competent and reliable. Making sure their clients (us) do not pay more than expected is the least they can do (i mean it's the job !) especially when (out of nowhere) you decide to change your delivery supplier !

(Come again some other time to tell me that i'm assisted dear Pegasus !)
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,788
    and i dont find it slightly surprising santos has taken this up....i bet hes had hundreds and maybe even thousands of emails today.

Its annoying the cost of shipping can not be determined from the packaging too
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    Pegasus wrote:
    ad137304 wrote:
    Putain Pegazus arrete de prendre de haut tout le monde, tu ressembles à rien là.

Ten Club should give a refund for every extra euro or pound given by european costumers. When i see shipment for 50 dollars i am not supposed to give anything more to receive the object (ie: i don't care if it comes with us post, UPS, DHL or santa...). OK to say that this might not be a TC mistake but IT IS a TC responsibility.

Hope the TC will do what should be done here: ask for every one a copy of the UPS bill and refund what has been paid.
    si les gens sont cons, c'est comme ca qu'il faut les prendre.
    It's not like I didn't try to warn people for weeks.

it is NOT 10c responsibility to check every single country import policy. That's YOURS.
    How very French of you expecting to be totally assisted instead of taking responsibility :| (for the Mods: I'm French too.. originally)

If you don't like having to pay taxes, talk to your government instead! (or in the case of the French, shout at it :roll: )

Dimitris, I said in your case you have obviously something very wrong going on and should question it, but 99% of people complaining (the ones with £30/€45 fees) do about so mething that is THE LAW..not 10c decision (who exposed themselves for you by under-declaring the merchandise), not UPS (well, ok their fee is), but the local government!
    I UNDERSTAND WHAT U SAY,,,I PAY FOR A LAPTOP IN USA 850$AND WHEN IT CAMES I PAY 100 EXTRA CUSTOM,,BUT HERE THEY ASK ME THE PAY THE BOX TWICE,,AND 10C MUST PUT THIS TO FANS KNOW IT,,LIKE EBAY,EVERYBODY WRITE WHEN IS GONNA PAY EXTRA,,I MAKE 20 ORDERS IN THE PAST FROM 10C,,WITH MORE MONEY,,250,270,ALOT OF 200,,BUT NO EXTRA,NO TAXES,NO VAT,NO NOTHING,,UPS WAS THE MISTAKE FOR 10C,,THEY SHOULD NOT CHANGE FROM USPS TO UPS COURIER,,,
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dvi2702dvi2702 Posts: 25
    Ten Club + UPS = vomi01.gif
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    Glad i stuck with my plan to get it from HMV on monday..
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Members of the EUROPEAN UNION should NOT pay any taxes because goods bellow the value limit of EUR 150.00 are NOT subject to customs duties.

Council Regulation (EC) No 274/2008 of 17 March 2008:
    http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2008:085:0001:01:EN:HTML

I'm thinking this directive is for goods within the member states, not imported from non-member states, so would not apply to goods from the US. I may be wrong....
  • Options
    jmkjmk Posts: 425
    edited March 2009
    PH109495 wrote:
    I was at work and missed mine being delivered anyway - I'm guessing you guys are being charged VAT? In which case it shouldn't happen, as the value of the goods is less than £105 - which has been the customs duty limit since 1st December 2008 (see here - http://tinyurl.com/cuhpjj).

I didn't check if you got any comments on this, but I checked the link you put there (you're from Great Britain, right?) and it clearly states that the £105 = 150€ limit only applies to the custom fee, and not VAT, which will be collected as before that custom limit came to practice. These are apparently EU regulations as we in Finland got that 150 euro limit to the custom fee a while ago.

We don't have to pay custom fees if the product including shipping is below 150 euros. However we have to pay the VAT which unfortunately for me is 22% here in Finland.

This VAT, which depends on your country's VAT for music recordings (CDs, Vinyls and DVDs), is the only fee that's reasonable and in my opinion in place for us to pay. I was aware of the risk that the box gets caught in the customs when I ordered it. It may not have been, if it would've been sent with normal USPS mail, as the customs don't have time to check the value of every package and many of us have heard or read about packages that came through, without getting caught in the customs even though the value exceeded 45 euros which is the limit here in Finland with the 22% VAT, as they don't collect VAT's under 10 euros (this 10 euro limit probably concerns the whole EU?)

Now as it comes through UPS, they have been informed by Ten Club, that the value is 100 dollars. I believe that UPS now automatically informs the customs of the package that's going to arrive and the value of it. Then UPS clears it from the customs and do the paperwork it involves, sends you the bill of the VAT + 11,50 euros which goes to UPS as their fee of doing the work I just described. I've been told by the local UPS that I get the bill probably after the packet has arrived. Apparently many of you have to pay in cash in order to get the package. I believe I just take the package when it comes on Monday or Tuesday and hope for the best with the amount on the bill.

It's THIS 11,50 (many of you talked about 15 dollars) that I think Ten Club could've paid BECAUSE we paid 50 dollars for shipping. That's just my opinion but I believe some of you international fans agree to this. UPS and Ten Club should have chosen a delivery form were this fee was paid by Ten Club to UPS in advance and taken this from the 50 dollar shipping we paid. This is just my opinion but i believe someone thinks the same way.
    Post edited by jmk on
    Stockholm - 07/07/2012
  • Options
    This is a joke.

When I paid for this it cost me $190 including shipping. I live in Ireland so that was about €150 - €160 at the time. It hasn't arrived yet but does this mean I have to pay another €40 roughly and hope for some sort of refund in the future? Or am I to tell the delivery person to take my package away from me even though I've been dying to get this since I first heard about it? Or will I be covered by the $50 shipping fee?

This is my first experience purchasing something direct from TC and I know it isn't exactly their fault but I believe that they are part to blame; all this sorta stuff should have been checked out before and they should have at least notified us customers about the extra fees at the time of purchase. It pains me to say this but I'm very disappointed with the service. It's caused a lot of confusion :?

Still, I can't wait to get it :)

EDIT
    Just checked my UPS Tracking Information, it said that it's in Dublin now but also this:

THE RECEIVER IS NOT LISTED ON THE BUILDING DIRECTORY. UPS IS ATTEMPTING TO OBTAIN THE INFORMATION AND COMPLETE DELIVERY.

Then it said this:

DIRECTIONS TO THE RECEIVER'S LOCATION ARE NEEDED FOR DELIVERY. UPS IS ATTEMPTING TO OBTAIN THIS INFORMATION. / UPS WILL CONTACT THE SENDER AND/OR RECEIVER REGARDING THE STATUS OR DISPOSITION OF THIS PACKAGE

My billing address is the exact address I've used for all previous internet purchases so all I have to say is what the hell?
    Kind words are the music of the world.
  • Options
    AP159916AP159916 Posts: 3
    10C should have stated in the description that the shipping would be through UPS.

With the book PEARL JAM Vs. AMES BROS LTD. EDITION ($245) there were not any additional taxes.
  • Options
    Hey there, so whats the deal then? Does any body know if we should pay? The UPS guy is coming back the morra.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    snutzyboy wrote:
    Hey there, so whats the deal then? Does any body know if we should pay? The UPS guy is coming back the morra.
    CONTACT TEN CLUB,,,IM NOT,,THEY ASK ME 150 EUROS MORE,,ILL REFUSE,,AND TEN CLUB FIND THE WAY,,
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    redrock wrote:
    Members of the EUROPEAN UNION should NOT pay any taxes because goods bellow the value limit of EUR 150.00 are NOT subject to customs duties.

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2008:085:0001:01:EN:HTML

I'm thinking this directive is for goods within the member states, not imported from non-member states, so would not apply to goods from the US. I may be wrong....

you're completely right.
  • Options
    When I paid for this it cost me $190 including shipping. I live in Ireland so that was about €150 - €160 at the time. It hasn't arrived yet but does this mean I have to pay another €40 roughly and hope for some sort of refund in the future? Or am I to tell the delivery person to take my package away from me even though I've been dying to get this since I first heard about it? Or will I be covered by the $50 shipping fee?

I've ordered plenty of expensive (and sometimes heavy) stuff direct from 10c and have never had to pay a penny extra, thats why I went with them this time, they are usually the most hassle free option for me.

But yeah, I paid it this morning. so total cost for me is €190 approx? Ouch. I was hesitant at €150.

Maybe that initial $50 was intended to cover this kind of thing, and the 10c just got it wrong, or botched their deal with UPS. All i know is that I've paid as much for the fucking shipping (I would consider import charges a shipping charge) as I did for the package. Which is fucking bullshit.
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:

Easy there tiger. You're right, some people are a little too overly pissed, but it sounds like most people did what I did, and assumed that the $50 international shipping charges we all paid would cover that. (ie: the initial $50 was gona be used to pay UPS & taxes, and the balance to be due if it was more.)

Thats $50 on top of the cost of the package, and then got charged $61 more at my door.....so thats a total of $110 "shipping" charges?

10c arent responsible for the UPS charge or taxes, but they sure as shit are responsible for that other $50.

What did that $50 go towards?
  • Options
    JordyWordy wrote:

I've ordered plenty of expensive (and sometimes heavy) stuff direct from 10c and have never had to pay a penny extra, thats why I went with them this time, they are usually the most hassle free option for me.

But yeah, I paid it this morning. so total cost for me is €190 approx? Ouch. I was hesitant at €150.

Maybe that initial $50 was intended to cover this kind of thing, and the 10c just got it wrong, or botched their deal with UPS. All i know is that I've paid as much for the fucking shipping (I would consider import charges a shipping charge) as I did for the package. Which is fucking bullshit.

It's ridiculous my friend.... at least none of us are alone in this though, it means more chance of something being done to remedy it :)
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,450
    CJMST3K wrote:
    I'd be tempted to return the items all together, especially if previous purchases were with USPS with little or no tax and then their choice of UPS makes this an insanely high taxed item. Again, I'm not in your boat - I'm in the US, but I feel for ya. This is just not right.

You've been bitching about the issue all day, and you aren't even effected by the matter?
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:
    I'd be tempted to return the items all together, especially if previous purchases were with USPS with little or no tax and then their choice of UPS makes this an insanely high taxed item. Again, I'm not in your boat - I'm in the US, but I feel for ya. This is just not right.

You've been bitching about the issue all day, and you aren't even effected by the matter?

It's clear in all my posts that "I'm in the US" and "I'm not in your boat"? I like to stand up for what's right, and talk about what's wrong. I have sympathy for those in this situation, and explain my reasoning. Is that a problem?
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    CJMST3K wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:

It's clear in all my posts that "I'm in the US" and "I'm not in your boat"? I like to stand up for what's right, and talk about what's wrong. I have sympathy for those in this situation, and explain my reasoning. Is that a problem?

Not a problem, however, when I hear the expression "standing up for what's right", I think of fighting the real injustices of the world!...but thats just me! Carry on!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Not a problem, however, when I hear the expression "standing up for what's right", I think of fighting the real injustices of the world!...but thats just me! Carry on!

This is not a political injustice, I agree. Not sure what your previous post was about... oh well. Get the torches!! ;)

But seriously, getting hit up for these insane duties when they could have more easily bought it at a local music store without all this hassle and cost... all these fans were sideswiped. I hope it all works out for them. They don't deserve this.
  • Options
    CJMST3K wrote:

I have no problem with it man, I'm very grateful to be honest :D
  • Options
    CJMST3K wrote:

Hey... a compliment. Thanks! :)

Fight the good fight guys. You have a legitimate gripe. Cheers! :D
  • Options
    Its nice to see that all you people in the USA are in agreement with us. cheers
  • Options
    CJMST3K wrote:

No worries man :D

I really wanna know whats going on with that extra $50 I paid for shipping if I have to pay roughly the same when it gets here.
  • Options
    CJMST3K wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:

Fight the good fight guys. You have a legitimate gripe. Cheers! :D

The more people talking about this - whether they are directly affected or not - the more attention it gets, and the better for the folks who have been screwed. I'm not going to place blame here, because obviously that can go in way too many justifiable directions, and it seems to me that the 10club is looking for a solution. With that said: So sorry guys, this sucks! I'd be pissed too. :?

If it were me I would hold on to those receipts, BUT if I hadn't already accepted the package/paid the ridiculous charge, I would refuse the package and try to stop payment through my credit card for the original purchase. 10club can't blame you for that, I don't think. Sure, maybe you should have done a bit more research, but honestly, if they didn't say they'd be shipping UPS and they charged you the $50 for shipping, what credit card company wouldn't agree to stop payment? Maybe I'm wrong, or have just had good experiences in this regard with my credit card companies. I would then buy it when it becomes available locally. I mean, it should be released next week, no? Saving those charges would be worth a few more day's wait, no?

I could certainly be missing a major detail here, but I'm just saying what "I would do"... perhaps figuring anyone cares is a misstep :):lol::D
  • Options
    The more people talking about this - whether they are directly affected or not - the more attention it gets, and the better for the folks who have been screwed. I'm not going to place blame here, because obviously that can go in way too many justifiable directions, and it seems to me that the 10club is looking for a solution. With that said: So sorry guys, this sucks! I'd be pissed too. :?

If it were me I would hold on to those receipts, BUT if I hadn't already accepted the package/paid the ridiculous charge, I would refuse the package and try to stop payment through my credit card for the original purchase. 10club can't blame you for that, I don't think. Sure, maybe you should have done a bit more research, but honestly, if they didn't say they'd be shipping UPS and they charged you the $50 for shipping, what credit card company wouldn't agree to stop payment? Maybe I'm wrong, or have just had good experiences in this regard with my credit card companies. I would then buy it when it becomes available locally. I mean, it should be released next week, no? Saving those charges would be worth a few more day's wait, no?

I could certainly be missing a major detail here, but I'm just saying what "I would do"... perhaps figuring anyone cares is a misstep :):lol::D

I would do that but I live a good few hours drive from anywhere in Ireland that might stock the Super Delux Edition. And It's already been charged to the card too :?

Thanks for the advice anyway man :)
  • Options
    Not a problem, however, when I hear the expression "standing up for what's right", I think of fighting the real injustices of the world!...but thats just me! Carry on![/quote]

This is not a political injustice, I agree. Not sure what your previous post was about... oh well. Get the torches!! ;)

But seriously, getting hit up for these insane duties when they could have more easily bought it at a local music store without all this hassle and cost... all these fans were sideswiped. I hope it all works out for them. They don't deserve this.[/quote]

I agree that it sucks...and I didn't mean to sound like Bono!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I agree that it sucks...and I didn't mean to sound like Bono!

HAHAHAHAHA!

...you're alright JOEJOEJOE. You're alright.

:)
  • Options
    AP159916AP159916 Posts: 3
    JordyWordy wrote:
    redrock wrote:

you're completely right.

WRONG

Goods (with the value limit of EUR 150.00) from any non-EU country are NOT subject to customs duties.

Please note that this directive is from 2008. Until 2008 the value limit was EUR 22.00

Now you have to pay VAT but NOT the customs taxes.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    BlackCo wrote:
    Dans ce cas je vais te prendre de haut (c'est mieux que de derrière, merci mon dieu)

I must insist ! It is a Ten Club responsibility, that is of course if the TC is competent and reliable. Making sure their clients (us) do not pay more than expected is the least they can do (i mean it's the job !) especially when (out of nowhere) you decide to change your delivery supplier !

(Come again some other time to tell me that i'm assisted dear Pegasus !)
    but you DID NOT pay more than you should have. you ARE expected to pay VAT on imported goods. by law. end of story.
    if you paid more than you COULD have paid had you bought it somewhere else, that's YOUR problem, not 10c's. they didn't force you to buy from them. If I'm to spend over €150 on something, I know I make sure to shop around to get the best deal possible!
    It was already 30% more expensive just with the shipping!
    JordyWordy wrote:
    What did that $50 go towards?
    sending 8lbs of goods safely 5000miles across an ocean in a handful of days and delivered to your door?
    check USPS to see how much a 8lbs package ship for: not cheaper and no security/tracking.
    actually, check Royal Mail or Parcelforce for a laugh.
    AP159916 wrote:
    10C should have stated in the description that the shipping would be through UPS.

With the book PEARL JAM Vs. AMES BROS LTD. EDITION ($245) there were not any additional taxes.
    not sure where you are, but in the UK books have 0% VAT so you wouldn't pay VAT on one no matter what its cost (and if there's no VAT there's no associated fee).

considering how ignorant people seem to be about customs, I don't think that telling them it was going through UPS (which also meant coming MUCH faster) would have changed anything. after all it only made it from likely to certain to pay customs.

yes the £11 collected extra by UPS sucks (as does the £8 from Royal Mail, except theirs mean delay) and should be much lower, but that's not 10c's fault there is such a fee, and would have it been included in the postage fee, postage would have been higher and that's all.

I feel sorry for you guys that ended up paying far more than you could have, but it's not 10c's fault you have.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,378
    I like seeing any thread that bashes UPS. I'm in Canada so I feel everyone's pain. I'm sure people noticed as soon as Canadian's realized it was being shipped UPS we all started to complain, because we knew they'd nail us with hefty brokerage fees.

Thankfully the 10c upgraded the shipping to expedited. Its not really my point though.

It seems all international customers who have dealt with UPS know how bad they can be. It's a pity retailers still use them for shipping :(