~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    brianlux said:

Interesting about cat music, Ident. Will have to check into that. :smile:

I agree about not wanting to try the cucumber surprise on a cat if it causes them undue stress or trauma. Our Annie doesn't like unwanted surprises, that's for sure. The weird thing is though is that she seems to get off on spooking herself. She'll crouch down, put her ears back and gets ready to leap, then she kind of looks around like she's seeing little ghosts running about, then she'll tense a little more, a little more, ear back a little farther, and farther...

...then, BOOM! she's off like a bang. That's when we call her "Rocket Cat!"

do you call her Rocket Cat or do you sing Rocket Cat? Be honest, B-lux, I'm on to you! :get_outta_here:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    B, our Beans does that too (usually after a healthy poop). We call it "Beanhead Negotiator" because she prefaces the crazy running with poses similar to William Shatner in those Priceline commercials.

Ident, I tried a similar video thing with sounds, images, etc. George was a kitten at the time and totally into it - standing up against the TV, swatting the screen.

Beans got pissed off and went after my ankles.
  • AafkeAafke Posts: 1,219
    edited November 2015
    The artistic talents of our youngest cat Mittens filmed by my youngest son...
    Miracle Mittens.. With Crumble in the background.... When he was still feeling alright.

https://youtu.be/7JnDCcQmP1Y
    Post edited by Aafke on
    Waves_zps6b028461.jpg
    "The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed".- Carl Jung.
    "Art does not reproduce what we see; rather, it makes us see."- Paul Klee
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,613
    ldent42 said:

brianlux said:

Interesting about cat music, Ident. Will have to check into that. :smile:

I agree about not wanting to try the cucumber surprise on a cat if it causes them undue stress or trauma. Our Annie doesn't like unwanted surprises, that's for sure. The weird thing is though is that she seems to get off on spooking herself. She'll crouch down, put her ears back and gets ready to leap, then she kind of looks around like she's seeing little ghosts running about, then she'll tense a little more, a little more, ear back a little farther, and farther...

...then, BOOM! she's off like a bang. That's when we call her "Rocket Cat!"

do you call her Rocket Cat or do you sing Rocket Cat? Be honest, B-lux, I'm on to you! :get_outta_here:
    Haha! I'm gonna have to go with... LOL! ROCKET CAT! Lalala!
    hedonist said:

B, our Beans does that too (usually after a healthy poop). We call it "Beanhead Negotiator" because she prefaces the crazy running with poses similar to William Shatner in those Priceline commercials.

Ident, I tried a similar video thing with sounds, images, etc. George was a kitten at the time and totally into it - standing up against the TV, swatting the screen.

Beans got pissed off and went after my ankles.

"Beanhead Negotiator"- LOL!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Heres the picture for my Christmas card this year!
    imagechristmas photo 2015-11-21 11.52.52_zpspan6ht3q.jpg" />
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
    edited November 2015
    the final product...please disregard the flash splat. It's really clear and came out pretty good!
    imagecard photo 2015-11-22 19.11.33_zpspo0rfizg.jpg" />
    Post edited by Sprunkn7 on
    Sprunkn7 said:

Heres the final product...please disregard the flash splat. It's really clear and came out pretty good!
    imagecard photo 2015-11-22 19.11.33_zpspo0rfizg.jpg" />

Nice! And what a beautiful cat! Full blooded Siamese, I'm guessing?

My family had a Siamese many years ago named Teddie. What a great cat he was!

He was a rescue so I'm not positive Fen is "pure"..lol. My vet has him down as a Lilac Point mix. A mix of what I couldn't say. Honestly when I started looking I was going to try for my first long hair. Instead this guy won my heart.
  • Sam in on our christmas cards this year too :lol: Beautiful cat and card, sprunkn7!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,887
    edited November 2015
    Sprunkn7 said:

He was a rescue so I'm not positive Fen is "pure"..lol. My vet has him down as a Lilac Point mix. A mix of what I couldn't say. Honestly when I started looking I was going to try for my first long hair. Instead this guy won my heart.

Ugh, long hairs. I had one for many years. NEVER AGAIN. I loved her, but what a pain in the ass.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    one of my best friends has 6 long hairs....almost at all times 5 or 6 cats she brushes all the time. everyday...and doesn't travel without them she really is a CCL.
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    Having a difficult day today, it marks one year since I lost Tabby Lu... I miss her so much...
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    PJSiren said:

Having a difficult day today, it marks one year since I lost Tabby Lu... I miss her so much...

Wow. Hard to believe it has been a year. It's tough when we lose our furry friends. Sending you positive energy during this difficult time.
    ELITIST FUK
  • My little shit kitty Emma is fascinated by the show Jessica Jones.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    edited November 2015
    Umm, ND..........."little"?

Schnozz + paws + belly *edit + focused face = freakin' adorable.
  • hedonist said:

She is the little one, compared to Princess Iris she is maybe half the size.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.

My little shit kitty Emma is fascinated by the show Jessica Jones.

Belleh!!!!!! What cutie!
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15

hedonist said:

I was gonna ask what in the holy hell you are feeding these two (feel free to share the sizable beauty of Iris), but then I caught a glimpse of our rather large and ever-growing potato.

Here he is as a lil one.

• northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    edited November 2015
    hedonist said:

hedonist said:

I was gonna ask what in the holy hell you are feeding these two (feel free to share the sizable beauty of Iris), but then I caught a glimpse of our rather large and ever-growing potato.

Here he is as a lil one.

Your little potato is adorable.

Princess Iris
    Post edited by northerndragon on

I would like to send you a box of cat-fur-brushers.

Beauty!

hedonist said:

hedonist said:

Here he is as a lil one.

Princess Iris
    That fur coat :tired_face:
  • Ya she is pretty magnificent, I shave her in the spring it's just easier on both of us. She still stretches out to about four feet plus including the tail. She's Maine Coon/Persian.

• My little shit kitty Emma is fascinated by the show Jessica Jones.

:smiley:
    I caught ours watching Disney's Bears tonight. The ravens, seagulls, and salmon apparently caught her eye! lol
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
    ldent42 said:

hedonist said:

hedonist said:

Here he is as a lil one.

Princess Iris
    That fur coat :tired_face:
    pillow :smiley:

edited December 2015
    I've been on the hunt for a cat carrier...I saw this cool one in the pet store but the price tag made me choke! Onto Amazon I went and they were much cheaper there. Still, not cheap but at least a huge difference from the store. Yesterday Amazon had the carrier I wanted, in the color I wanted...for $19.40. Prime helped me here...free 2 days shipping and for under 21 bucks total I scored. I was like, mmm I know my mom would like this too so I went to order another one an hour later and the price went back to 42.99. Crazy.

imagepetgear photo PG1240SG_f4_zps2sw8nrkk.jpg" />
    Post edited by Sprunkn7 on
    I've been looking for those too since right now we have nothing, and I don't know what we'd do in an emergency. Let us know how it is when it arrives; might have to score a couple of them.
    hedonist said:

I've been looking for those too since right now we have nothing, and I don't know what we'd do in an emergency. Let us know how it is when it arrives; might have to score a couple of them.

ive got two cats and one carrier. I dunno how people get their cats into these modern carriers. Chance would kill me. I have a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally old one that's like a luggage box type thing but the whole top opens and it's clear and it's got three latches like the kind on a toolbox and obviously a bunch of air holes. I haven't been able to find a new one in that style. The plastic ones and the bag ones are just impossible. I went through two plastic carriers and one bag one. I dont understand how people get their cats into those.
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Rare double cat sighting in our house. Lexi in the back (she's the tripod who has cancer) and Nomar in the front.

I was borrowing my moms. She has a small hard one, and a large hard one. The big one is just wayyyy too big and the small one is a horror getting any cat in. They put their front paws out and are like NOPE!!! I'm hoping this one is easier. I'll let you all know how it goes.