Options

~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Sebas is not in my bed and now I can't sleep. :grimacing:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    National Cat Day...Recognize!

imagephoto 2015-07-01 07.39.24_zpsmgacsvid.jpg" />
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    ^^^I love that face.

Every day is a celebration of we cater to our cats.

• Options
    When I saw this morning that it was National Cat Day my reaction was "if you have a cat (or multiple cats) EVERY day is National Cat Day.)
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,269
    ldent42 said:

When I saw this morning that it was National Cat Day my reaction was "if you have a cat (or multiple cats) EVERY day is National Cat Day.)

Happy National Cat Day from Willow and Kali :smile:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    Sprunkn7 said:

National Cat Day...Recognize!

imagephoto 2015-07-01 07.39.24_zpsmgacsvid.jpg" />

Sprunkn7, this kitty looks small still is it a new addition? Boy or Girl? Looks a lot like my Eliot, but a bit lighter in the fur color, Eliot is a chocolate point, but it's so dark that his nose actually looks black.
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options

ldent42 said:

OMIGOSH DAT BELLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    Give Kali a belly rub from me :smiley:
  • Options
    Also Nice to see I'm not the only one with a bunch of VHS tapes. I've recently decided to throw out the ones that were home recorded off TV. Well most of them anyway.
  • Options
    AafkeAafke Posts: 1,219
    edited October 2015
    This evening I had to say farewell, to my dear tomcat Crumble, after being in my life for eighteen years, being born on my lap, he peacefully past away this evening. Crumble was an enormous tomcat, which was his savior, because he had the most gentle soul, I've ever seen in a cat. He was gently to every person or animal he met... Not for once I've ever heard him growl, to any living being... The only thing he could do very loudly was purr, which he did a lot.

I know he has reached an respectable age. He had a good life, apart from suffering from kidney failure the last years of his life. He was very much loved and loved all the attention he could get (which was a lot).

The first few years of his life he was an indoor cat, and when we finally got a house with a yard, he loved being outdoors. Lying purring in the sunshine... But in the evening he always returned home for an extensive cuddle.

The last days of his life he became so fragile, his feet could no longer carry his weight, which wasn't a lot anyway, and was no longer interested in his food, so I knew it was his time. This morning I've carried him outside in the backyard, so he could enjoy the sunlight and could cool down his body temperature, which could ease his passing, which did work... early in the evening he pasted away... I know it better for him this way, but i sure as hell, miss my dear friend, I will always remember him, the silence he left behind is breaking my heart....

I'm very thankful for the long period of time we could share. I'll never stop loving you Kruimpie, I'm gonna miss you so much!!!

Post edited by Aafke on
    Waves_zps6b028461.jpg
    "The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed".- Carl Jung.
    "Art does not reproduce what we see; rather, it makes us see."- Paul Klee
  • Options
    Aafke said:

This evening I had to say farewell, to my dear tomcat Crumble, after being in my life for eighteen years, being born on my lap, he peacefully past away this evening. Crumble was an enormous tomcat, which was his savior, because he had the most gentle soul, I've ever seen in a cat. He was gently to every person or animal he met... Not for once I've ever heard him growl, to any living being... The only thing he could do very loudly was purr, which he did a lot.

I know he has reached an respectable age. He had a good life, apart from suffering from kidney failure the last years of his life. He was very much loved and loved all the attention he could get (which was a lot).

The first few years of his life he was an indoor cat, and when we finally got a house with a yard, he loved being outdoors. Lying purring in the sunshine... But in the evening he always returned home for an extensive cuddle.

The last days of his life he became so fragile, his feet could no longer carry his weight, which wasn't a lot anyway, and was no longer interested in his food, so I knew it was his time. This morning I've carried him outside in the backyard, so he could enjoy the sunlight and could cool down his body temperature, which could ease his passing, which did work... early in the evening he pasted away... I know it better for him this way, but i sure as hell, miss my dear friend, I will always remeber him, the silence he left behind is breaking my heart....

I'll never stop loving you Kruimpie, I'm gonna miss youn so much!!!

a sad but beautiful story. Hugs....
  • Options
    I'm crying in public for Kruimpie. Sorry for your loss Aafke :hug:
  • Options
    Sprunkn7, this kitty looks small still is it a new addition? Boy or Girl? Looks a lot like my Eliot, but a bit lighter in the fur color, Eliot is a chocolate point, but it's so dark that his nose actually looks black.

This was taken a few months ago, which would put him at about a year and a half. I think he's full grown now and hes darkened a bit. His papers say he's a Lilac Point but I think he might have a mix in him. He was in a high kill shelter in an area that's well known for breeding cats and if they aren't "sellable" they just let them go to fend for themselves. He was about a year when I got him and he was 10 pounds. I believe now hes about 12. 100% Siamese personality. When I brought him to meet the vet he asked if I ever had this breed before and when I told him yes he said then I know what I'm in for...a long term demanding companion...lol
  • Options
    I'm so sorry, Aafke. Many of us know how that pain is like nothing else.

Here's to 18 years of your love back and forth. That's what it's about.

Be well.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Sprunkn7 said:

Aafke said:

The last days of his life he became so fragile, his feet could no longer carry his weight, which wasn't a lot anyway, and was no longer interested in his food, so I knew it was his time. This morning I've carried him outside in the backyard, so he could enjoy the sunlight and could cool down his body temperature, which could ease his passing, which did work... early in the evening he pasted away... I know it better for him this way, but i sure as hell, miss my dear friend, I will always remeber him, the silence he left behind is breaking my heart....

I'll never stop loving you Kruimpie, I'm gonna miss youn so much!!!

a sad but beautiful story. Hugs....
    Sorry for your loss but 18 years is a lovely lifetime for a cat
    So heart breaking are you needing the feeling for a kitten to fill
    The empty space..
  • Options
    Thanks people for all your kind words. Yes, 18 years is a beautiful lifetime for a cat. I know it was time for him to move on, the vet diagnose his kidney failure over three years ago, and by the time of the diagnosis the vet predicted Kruimeltje wouldn't last until Christmas of that same year. I decided to give him a nice old day, with lots of fresh food, like chicken, beef and fish, and he has pulled through over three years, he has managed too reach an respectable age, but it was his time to move on...

I know all that, but that doesn't lessen the missing. I simple loved him so much... Therefor I decided to take my time to mourn over him. Besides taking in another kitten, would start a war between my three remaining purring hairballs...
    Waves_zps6b028461.jpg
    "The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed".- Carl Jung.
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    Aafke, I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that you gave Crumble a wonderful life, and a lovely passing. :heartbreak:
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Aafke said:

Thanks people for all your kind words. Yes, 18 years is a beautiful lifetime for a cat. I know it was time for him to move on, the vet diagnose his kidney failure over three years ago, and by the time of the diagnosis the vet predicted Kruimeltje wouldn't last until Christmas of that same year. I decided to give him a nice old day, with lots of fresh food, like chicken, beef and fish, and he has pulled through over three years, he has managed too reach an respectable age, but it was his time to move on...

I know all that, but that doesn't lessen the missing. I simple loved him so much... Therefor I decided to take my time to mourn over him. Besides taking in another kitten, would start a war between my three remaining purring hairballs...

If this was me I would be balling my eyes out....my last cat was left behind by (mean) people that moved behind us. At first I just fed him, then slowly he would come in to sleep in bad weather. He was a Tom also and loved the outdoors so I never took him out of his element. In 9 years he never once went potty inside. He would go out in a snowstorm to pee. When he got sick I couldn't leave him outside for the other animals to kill him and after 3 nights of howling and the heart wrenching weakness of him trying to walk on shaky legs that couldn't hold him I took him in for the vet. Took me a long time to get another cat. About 3 years.

No other cat will fill his paws...they are all unique.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 said:

Aafke said:

If this was me I would be balling my eyes out....my last cat was left behind by (mean) people that moved behind us. At first I just fed him, then slowly he would come in to sleep in bad weather. He was a Tom also and loved the outdoors so I never took him out of his element. In 9 years he never once went potty inside. He would go out in a snowstorm to pee. When he got sick I couldn't leave him outside for the other animals to kill him and after 3 nights of howling and the heart wrenching weakness of him trying to walk on shaky legs that couldn't hold him I took him in for the vet. Took me a long time to get another cat. About 3 years.

No other cat will fill his paws...they are all unique.
    Your so right... no living creature is replaceable, they are all unique, Kruimeltje shared almost half my life with me... and every cat has his or her own personality. By trying to replace that personality you will deprive both of the cats
    Waves_zps6b028461.jpg
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Happy National Cat Day from my 19 year old little ball of love, Leo!

"Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    Aafke said:

The last days of his life he became so fragile, his feet could no longer carry his weight, which wasn't a lot anyway, and was no longer interested in his food, so I knew it was his time. This morning I've carried him outside in the backyard, so he could enjoy the sunlight and could cool down his body temperature, which could ease his passing, which did work... early in the evening he pasted away... I know it better for him this way, but i sure as hell, miss my dear friend, I will always remember him, the silence he left behind is breaking my heart....

I'm very thankful for the long period of time we could share. I'll never stop loving you Kruimpie, I'm gonna miss you so much!!!

awwww sorry image yeah you are right seems like he led a good life for the most part. thoughts are with you
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

OMIGOSH DAT BELLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    Give Kali a belly rub from me :smiley:

she does like them. you can pet her just about anywhere and she doesn't mind
    samjam said:

Happy National Cat Day from my 19 year old little ball of love, Leo!

wow he's almost as old as you are :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,983
    Great photos, everyone! Happy National Cat Day!
    It's time to play, "attack the rug"!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Ugggg, Fen wanted to play at 4:30 this morning and was just relentless!
  • Options
    The stars aligned this morning and I was able to get a pic of Chance & Sebastian together.

• Options
    Adorable! Sure it's just the angle, but it looks like Chance is wearing a little jaunty hat.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Adorable! Sure it's just the angle, but it looks like Chance is wearing a little jaunty hat.

:lol: custom orthotic sneaker hat!
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    Love the photos of Crumble. He looks like he was an amazing cat. Great name, too. Sorry for your loss but glad you had each other.
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    Sebastian looks as though he is 5 seconds away from f*cking someone up.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    SD48277 said:

That someone being chance, lol.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,983
    SD48277 said:

Haha! My thoughts exactly! I've seen that look on cats enough to know to keep my hands to myself.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.