Options

~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    PJ_Soul said:

I personally keep the litter on the balcony. I really can't stand to have it in the house. I do have to keep the sliding door open 24/7 to do that of course, even in the winter, but it's worth it (and luckily I live where it's not impossible because of the weather). It's nice to be able to do that. But fortunately my surviving cat is a perfect lady when it comes to using the litter. She has NEVER gone outside of it (she's 13). But the one that died a couple of years ago was a complete nightmare. I actually had to keep a fucking TARP ON MY BED for the last year of her life. Otherwise she'd SHIT in my bed, and peed a few times too. She just stayed right off it with the tarp. It was awful.

I used to have a stray that I took in and all the years I had him he never went potty in the house. hardcore that cat, out in a blizzard before he would pee in a box.
    I do clean the box twice a day and when I have people over they've commented how they can't smell "cat". Thats reassuring.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    PJ_Soul said:

ldent42 said:

PJ_Soul said:

ldent42 said:

Sprunkn7 said:

Well, poor Fenny was in the doghouse with the Mr. last night. I was out at a wine tasting and got a text "you should care less about tasting wine and more about your cat pissing on the floor". He does this from time to time. The pan is one of the high back ones but once in a while he stands on his tippy toes and has at it. It's usually just a squirt so why he's marking there I have no idea. Anyway, when I got home he was shut out of the living room and Ant was none too pleased with the King of the House. Maybe it's time to finagle something...We tried a pan with a lip around it but the pee leaks through the seam so the higher pan worked better.
    I know it's a scent thing b/c he was doing it when I cleaned the pan. But now I sprinkle some of his old little in with the new littler and he stopped doing it when I the clean pan. And he wasn't doing it every time. It's very confusing!

Wait hang on. The cat peed on the floor outside his litter box and your man texted you while you were out to give you some kind of guilt trip about it?

I mean I could understand being upset if he peed on the couch/bed/carpet and texting you to let you know it happened - but if he pissed on the floor right outside the box it takes 2 minutes to get a paper towel and clean that up. I think your man needs to calm his titties.

My cat pees outside the box occasionally too but I don't know if she's doing it on purpose or by accident cuz I've never actually seen her do it. One time it was really annoying because the floor is not even and she peed a LOT so it rolled down and formed a puddle at the corner. THAT was frustrating.
    I admit that this is where my mind went too. If my partner sent me a text like that I'd be really pissed off. It's the "you should care less about wine tasting and more about..." part. :unamused:

As for the litter box thing.... what about a covered litter? You can get REALLY big ones now, so even cats who aren't into that are usually okay with them. They also significantly reduce tracking. I take the door flap off of mine because I found that tripped the cat out a bit. Without the door she finds it a lot more welcoming.
    Chance is really fat.
    How about building a cover. Just build a big box that fits over it that is big enough for the fat ass to get into. :lol: Surely you (better yet, your guy who sent you the snotty text, hahaha) can rig something. Cat pee outside of the litter box is intolerable.
    I'd be perfectly happy to let @Sprunkn7 's man build me a box lol

I actually have two litter boxes because when we merged the two cats into the one household things got ugly over the litter box cuz chance is defective as a cat and doesn't bury her waste so Sebastian was constantly beating on her. Putting a second box in the bathroom solved that issue and at this point my mom doesn't want to let me try to get them to share one. (When she came home I thought it would be a space saving measure since her walker barely fits in the bathroom. I pick my battles with her, and this ain't worth it.)

Have you guys seen that mat thing that's advertised on tv to catch the litter that gets kicked out of the box? I was going to buy it but I forgot what it's called.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,947
    A lady downtown and saw this beautiful dog and went up to it an petted it and said, "You're so beautiful I want to take you home and gobble you right down!" So I went home and told Annie cat, "You're so beautiful I could gobble you right down!" and you looked at me like, WTF's up with you? :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,755
    edited November 2015
    ldent42 said:

PJ_Soul said:

ldent42 said:

PJ_Soul said:

ldent42 said:

Sprunkn7 said:

Well, poor Fenny was in the doghouse with the Mr. last night. I was out at a wine tasting and got a text "you should care less about tasting wine and more about your cat pissing on the floor". He does this from time to time. The pan is one of the high back ones but once in a while he stands on his tippy toes and has at it. It's usually just a squirt so why he's marking there I have no idea. Anyway, when I got home he was shut out of the living room and Ant was none too pleased with the King of the House. Maybe it's time to finagle something...We tried a pan with a lip around it but the pee leaks through the seam so the higher pan worked better.
    I know it's a scent thing b/c he was doing it when I cleaned the pan. But now I sprinkle some of his old little in with the new littler and he stopped doing it when I the clean pan. And he wasn't doing it every time. It's very confusing!

Wait hang on. The cat peed on the floor outside his litter box and your man texted you while you were out to give you some kind of guilt trip about it?

I mean I could understand being upset if he peed on the couch/bed/carpet and texting you to let you know it happened - but if he pissed on the floor right outside the box it takes 2 minutes to get a paper towel and clean that up. I think your man needs to calm his titties.

My cat pees outside the box occasionally too but I don't know if she's doing it on purpose or by accident cuz I've never actually seen her do it. One time it was really annoying because the floor is not even and she peed a LOT so it rolled down and formed a puddle at the corner. THAT was frustrating.
    I admit that this is where my mind went too. If my partner sent me a text like that I'd be really pissed off. It's the "you should care less about wine tasting and more about..." part. :unamused:

As for the litter box thing.... what about a covered litter? You can get REALLY big ones now, so even cats who aren't into that are usually okay with them. They also significantly reduce tracking. I take the door flap off of mine because I found that tripped the cat out a bit. Without the door she finds it a lot more welcoming.
    Chance is really fat.
    How about building a cover. Just build a big box that fits over it that is big enough for the fat ass to get into. :lol: Surely you (better yet, your guy who sent you the snotty text, hahaha) can rig something. Cat pee outside of the litter box is intolerable.
    I'd be perfectly happy to let @Sprunkn7 's man build me a box lol

I actually have two litter boxes because when we merged the two cats into the one household things got ugly over the litter box cuz chance is defective as a cat and doesn't bury her waste so Sebastian was constantly beating on her. Putting a second box in the bathroom solved that issue and at this point my mom doesn't want to let me try to get them to share one. (When she came home I thought it would be a space saving measure since her walker barely fits in the bathroom. I pick my battles with her, and this ain't worth it.)

Have you guys seen that mat thing that's advertised on tv to catch the litter that gets kicked out of the box? I was going to buy it but I forgot what it's called.
    Lol, sorry, getting you people mixed up, SMH. :tongue:

I have one of those mats. Yes, the work great (assuming your cat jumps out in the same place all the time, or you surround the box with them or get a huge one. No prob for me since I use the covered box with the hole). I can't believe how much litter is in that mat. Only one day and you realize how much litter actually tracks out. The mat really helps a lot.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I have a mat and it catches a lot of littler on is way out. I still vacuum the bathroom floor everyday cause it still gets all over!
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,413
    We tried mats. Cats said, um, no. They would launch from the box to the floor creating an even bigger mess. Cats 1, humans 0. :lol:
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Bella, 2 or 3 in human years.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Aww she's so precious!!! I wanna pinch those ears! :-)

I saw this on Facebook today. #3 is legit how I sleep every night. http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/56409e86e4b0411d30718932?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,255
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    ^^^ :rofl:
    Cats are dumb sometimes.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

^^^ :rofl:
    Cats are dumb sometimes.

not for nothing, but I had pretty much the same reaction as the cats :lol:
  • Options
    I picked up one of those "plush" blankets at Home Goods. Fen is not usually a kneader but oh man he loves this thing! Kneading and spinning in circles and purring so loud! So far he only goes on it if it's laying on me. I put it at the bottom of the bed and he walks around it and lays on the duvet :monkey:
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,413
    ^^^^ I love the kitty twirl.
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836
    Two kitty houses, couches, chairs and four beds and where does she feel is the best place to sleep? In the laundry basket of course.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347

What a pretty cat! Is this a special breed or something? She looks very cool!
    Our kitty finally has us back after we went on a 10 day trip to Europe. She was not mad at us (yay!), but something was odd. She started going to the bathroom a lot without producing anything, so off to the vet we went. Turned out, she has a bladder infection. No crystals, thankfully, but the vet gave us pain meds, antibiotics, and recommended to put her on a prescription diet. The pain meds were seemingly very strong, on vet day, she walked around with huge pupils, she looked like a cartoon kitty :lol: she also did not sleep at all. It got better after that though. Now the round of antibiotics is through and she seems much much better. She does not like the new wet food though. She does accept the dry one thankfully. Hopefully, in time, she will see that her old diet is a thing of the past and she has to accept the new stuff. It breaks my heart a bit, but what can we do?
    As I said before, we tried to get her on to different food since she only seems to like fish. And the fish only was probably also partly responsible for her bladder problems. I also think that even though we had a person staying with her in our absence, she was griefing and missing us and went on a fast, only eating when absolutely necessary. She probably only went for the dry food and did not drink much and boom. It never gets boring with them...

• Options

Two kitty houses, couches, chairs and four beds and where does she feel is the best place to sleep? In the laundry basket of course.

Cuteness!!!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,255
    edited November 2015
    Post edited by eeriepadave on
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    :lol: Interesting placement of those peppers.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    SD48277 said:

Figures we both noticed that!

Poor kitties - I feel bad for laughing at them but their initial reactions are hilarious.
  • Options
    oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    edited November 2015
  • Options
    ^^ Seen it and loving seeing it again!
  • Options
    There's a lot of stay cats in Turkey right? And I mean that in a way that's different to the way we have like stray cat colonies in empty lots here - I remember something about there just being tons of cats chilling in Turkey in the streets and they're not bothered about humans or anything
  • Options
    hedonist said:

SD48277 said:

Figures we both noticed that!

Poor kitties - I feel bad for laughing at them but their initial reactions are hilarious.
    My sister sent me that cucumber thing, trying to encourage me to try it on my cat and see what happens.... Lucky for my cat, I didn't have any cucumbers at the time, lol, but I still might try it. I like to think that my cat would handle a wayward cucumber COOLER than that though.... =)
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    ldent42 said:

There's a lot of stay cats in Turkey right? And I mean that in a way that's different to the way we have like stray cat colonies in empty lots here - I remember something about there just being tons of cats chilling in Turkey in the streets and they're not bothered about humans or anything

Cats rule in Turkey. Cars will slow down/stop when a cat crosses the road. They are all over the place.
    PJ_Soul said:

My sister sent me that cucumber thing, trying to encourage me to try it on my cat and see what happens.... Lucky for my cat, I didn't have any cucumbers at the time, lol, but I still might try it. I like to think that my cat would handle a wayward cucumber COOLER than that though.... =)

When you decide to do this, please record and post here.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Agreed!

George is scared of everything so guaranteed he'd literally flip and then run away.

I just don't have the heart to do that to them.

(plus, that whole "put your cat's toys in a circle and they'll sit in the middle of it" thing was a huge flop for us)
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,954
    can't wait to see the videos of cats getting revenge on their humans for the cucumber prank :lol:
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

What a pretty cat! Is this a special breed or something? She looks very cool!
    Our kitty finally has us back after we went on a 10 day trip to Europe. She was not mad at us (yay!), but something was odd. She started going to the bathroom a lot without producing anything, so off to the vet we went. Turned out, she has a bladder infection. No crystals, thankfully, but the vet gave us pain meds, antibiotics, and recommended to put her on a prescription diet. The pain meds were seemingly very strong, on vet day, she walked around with huge pupils, she looked like a cartoon kitty :lol: she also did not sleep at all. It got better after that though. Now the round of antibiotics is through and she seems much much better. She does not like the new wet food though. She does accept the dry one thankfully. Hopefully, in time, she will see that her old diet is a thing of the past and she has to accept the new stuff. It breaks my heart a bit, but what can we do?
    As I said before, we tried to get her on to different food since she only seems to like fish. And the fish only was probably also partly responsible for her bladder problems. I also think that even though we had a person staying with her in our absence, she was griefing and missing us and went on a fast, only eating when absolutely necessary. She probably only went for the dry food and did not drink much and boom. It never gets boring with them...

She's got some Siamese in her, apparently.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    SD48277 said:

ldent42 said:

Cats rule in Turkey. Cars will slow down/stop when a cat crosses the road. They are all over the place.
    PJ_Soul said:

I read an article today about how the cucumber thing is actually traumatizing for cats, so I won't be trying it after all. :(
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

SD48277 said:

ldent42 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I read an article today about how the cucumber thing is actually traumatizing for cats, so I won't be trying it after all. :(
    Someone posted a video on ny Facebook of "music for cats". (Is not a YouTube and I can't figure out how to get the link to share here, the website on the video is musicforcats.com) it's supposed to be sounds that are comforting to cats or something and the video has a bunch of cats curling up to sleep in front of speakers etc. I put that shit next to Sebastian and within 20 seconds he ran away :lol:
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,947
    Interesting about cat music, Ident. Will have to check into that. :smile:

I agree about not wanting to try the cucumber surprise on a cat if it causes them undue stress or trauma. Our Annie doesn't like unwanted surprises, that's for sure. The weird thing is though is that she seems to get off on spooking herself. She'll crouch down, put her ears back and gets ready to leap, then she kind of looks around like she's seeing little ghosts running about, then she'll tense a little more, a little more, ear back a little farther, and farther...

...then, BOOM! she's off like a bang. That's when we call her "Rocket Cat!"
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.