Options

~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    ldent42 said:

SD48277 said:

Sebastian looks as though he is 5 seconds away from f*cking someone up.

That someone being chance, lol.
    Poor Chance.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I love Chance's nose and Sebastian's ear position.

A bit late, but still - meow!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JomZJyXTDdk
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,755
    Aw, that's mean. If someone did that to my cat I'd probably punch them out.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I think it's funny...my cat loved it when I pushed him around in a box. If there was a box somewhere, he'd jump in and meow until I pushed him around the house in it.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    That is pretty funny
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    Cats + cardboard = them and me happy.

Also, cats + bubblewrap.

And wrapping paper.

And lasers.

And any combination thereof.
  • Options
    Or just any paper/paper like product.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options
    So...basically...anything.

(seriously, George goes nuts over dust and styrofoam)
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,255
    RKCNDY said:

kinda mean, but i laughed. i would try that on either of my cats if i knew it would be safe
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    hedonist said:

So...basically...anything.

(seriously, George goes nuts over dust and styrofoam)

Mine like any paper, whether it's bills, legal documents, or school stuff. Also plastic bags. And there was this really large bubble mailer once too.

And some of my shoes.

Anything that isn't their cat beds or scratching posts.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Fenris goes crazy every time I come home with groceries. He looks in all the bags, rubs all over them and when I empty one he jumps in and sits there until the next bag is empty then he jumps in that one. Any bag really, pocketbooks, totes paper plastic...it's his favorite playground :-)
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Found a 6 pack of ping pong balls for $1at the grocery...looks like a kitty will be having fun later!
  • Options
    I highly recommend peacock feathers. Sure they'll be decimated within an hour (if that) but man oh man do they love it.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Well, poor Fenny was in the doghouse with the Mr. last night when Fen peed on the floor outside his box. He does this from time to time. The pan is one of the high back ones but once in a while he stands on his tippy toes and has at it. It's usually just a squirt so why he's marking there I have no idea. Anyway, when I got home he was shut out of the living room and Ant was none too pleased with the King of the House. Maybe it's time to finagle something...We tried a pan with a lip around it but the pee leaks through the seam so the higher pan worked better.
    I know it's a scent thing b/c he was doing it when I cleaned the pan. But now I sprinkle some of his old little in with the new littler and he stopped doing it when I the clean pan. And he wasn't doing it every time. It's very confusing!
    Post edited by Sprunkn7 on
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 said:

Well, poor Fenny was in the doghouse with the Mr. last night. I was out at a wine tasting and got a text "you should care less about tasting wine and more about your cat pissing on the floor". He does this from time to time. The pan is one of the high back ones but once in a while he stands on his tippy toes and has at it. It's usually just a squirt so why he's marking there I have no idea. Anyway, when I got home he was shut out of the living room and Ant was none too pleased with the King of the House. Maybe it's time to finagle something...We tried a pan with a lip around it but the pee leaks through the seam so the higher pan worked better.
    I know it's a scent thing b/c he was doing it when I cleaned the pan. But now I sprinkle some of his old little in with the new littler and he stopped doing it when I the clean pan. And he wasn't doing it every time. It's very confusing!

Wait hang on. The cat peed on the floor outside his litter box and your man texted you while you were out to give you some kind of guilt trip about it?

I mean I could understand being upset if he peed on the couch/bed/carpet and texting you to let you know it happened - but if he pissed on the floor right outside the box it takes 2 minutes to get a paper towel and clean that up. I think your man needs to calm his titties.

My cat pees outside the box occasionally too but I don't know if she's doing it on purpose or by accident cuz I've never actually seen her do it. One time it was really annoying because the floor is not even and she peed a LOT so it rolled down and formed a puddle at the corner. THAT was frustrating.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I mean I could understand being upset if he peed on the couch/bed/carpet and texting you to let you know it happened - but if he pissed on the floor right outside the box it takes 2 minutes to get a paper towel and clean that up. I think your man needs to calm his titties.

Agree. I think he's jealous of my cat lol and believe me, I didn't feel guilty at all! Ant's harmless, he cleaned it up but he can't understand if Fen gets so much attention why then he still sometimes pees outside his box. Personally I don't think it's a big deal. I do know he does it on purpose tho.
    It's a feline mystery!
    As for Ant and his text...hahah, maybe I shouldn't have put that out there. (I took it down cause it makes him look like an a**hole, which by all means he was) I think he got home from work and was like GD, not again! He did his duty and cleaned it up and probably wanted me to feel bad about it (which I didn't) and be mad at the cat (which I wasn't) :bring_it:
    Post edited by Sprunkn7 on
  • Options
    Well, we've reached a new low with George.

SCARED OF PORK CHOPS.

Delicious-smelling pork chops actually caused him distress, albeit temporarily.

Thank goodness he's so fucking cute.

• Options
    Pork chops can be quite intimidating.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,947
    George looks to me like he's saying, "Get.... those fucking pork chops... OUT OF HERE!!" Haha!

Annie's latest thing is steamed broccoli cooled to medium warm. She will not take "no" (and why would I deny her anyway? :wink: ) for an answer!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    pork chops? oh Fenny would do a circle meowing dance for a pork chop
  • Options
    SD48277 said:

Sebastian looks as though he is 5 seconds away from f*cking someone up.

:rofl:
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    Aafke said:

This evening I had to say farewell, to my dear tomcat Crumble, after being in my life for eighteen years, being born on my lap, he peacefully past away this evening. Crumble was an enormous tomcat, which was his savior, because he had the most gentle soul, I've ever seen in a cat. He was gently to every person or animal he met... Not for once I've ever heard him growl, to any living being... The only thing he could do very loudly was purr, which he did a lot.

I know he has reached an respectable age. He had a good life, apart from suffering from kidney failure the last years of his life. He was very much loved and loved all the attention he could get (which was a lot).

The first few years of his life he was an indoor cat, and when we finally got a house with a yard, he loved being outdoors. Lying purring in the sunshine... But in the evening he always returned home for an extensive cuddle.

The last days of his life he became so fragile, his feet could no longer carry his weight, which wasn't a lot anyway, and was no longer interested in his food, so I knew it was his time. This morning I've carried him outside in the backyard, so he could enjoy the sunlight and could cool down his body temperature, which could ease his passing, which did work... early in the evening he pasted away... I know it better for him this way, but i sure as hell, miss my dear friend, I will always remember him, the silence he left behind is breaking my heart....

I'm very thankful for the long period of time we could share. I'll never stop loving you Kruimpie, I'm gonna miss you so much!!!

Awwww, poor sweet boy . . . I'm grateful for his wonderful life and so sorry for your loss.
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    ldent42 said:

Sprunkn7 said:

Well, poor Fenny was in the doghouse with the Mr. last night. I was out at a wine tasting and got a text "you should care less about tasting wine and more about your cat pissing on the floor". He does this from time to time. The pan is one of the high back ones but once in a while he stands on his tippy toes and has at it. It's usually just a squirt so why he's marking there I have no idea. Anyway, when I got home he was shut out of the living room and Ant was none too pleased with the King of the House. Maybe it's time to finagle something...We tried a pan with a lip around it but the pee leaks through the seam so the higher pan worked better.

Wait hang on. The cat peed on the floor outside his litter box and your man texted you while you were out to give you some kind of guilt trip about it?

My cat pees outside the box occasionally too but I don't know if she's doing it on purpose or by accident cuz I've never actually seen her do it. One time it was really annoying because the floor is not even and she peed a LOT so it rolled down and formed a puddle at the corner. THAT was frustrating.
    I admit that this is where my mind went too. If my partner sent me a text like that I'd be really pissed off. It's the "you should care less about wine tasting and more about..." part. :unamused:

As for the litter box thing.... what about a covered litter? You can get REALLY big ones now, so even cats who aren't into that are usually okay with them. They also significantly reduce tracking. I take the door flap off of mine because I found that tripped the cat out a bit. Without the door she finds it a lot more welcoming.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,947
    Aafke said:

This evening I had to say farewell, to my dear tomcat Crumble, after being in my life for eighteen years, being born on my lap, he peacefully past away this evening. Crumble was an enormous tomcat, which was his savior, because he had the most gentle soul, I've ever seen in a cat. He was gently to every person or animal he met... Not for once I've ever heard him growl, to any living being... The only thing he could do very loudly was purr, which he did a lot.

I know he has reached an respectable age. He had a good life, apart from suffering from kidney failure the last years of his life. He was very much loved and loved all the attention he could get (which was a lot).

The first few years of his life he was an indoor cat, and when we finally got a house with a yard, he loved being outdoors. Lying purring in the sunshine... But in the evening he always returned home for an extensive cuddle.

The last days of his life he became so fragile, his feet could no longer carry his weight, which wasn't a lot anyway, and was no longer interested in his food, so I knew it was his time. This morning I've carried him outside in the backyard, so he could enjoy the sunlight and could cool down his body temperature, which could ease his passing, which did work... early in the evening he pasted away... I know it better for him this way, but i sure as hell, miss my dear friend, I will always remember him, the silence he left behind is breaking my heart....

I'm very thankful for the long period of time we could share. I'll never stop loving you Kruimpie, I'm gonna miss you so much!!!

I missed this earlier post- so sorry to hear this Aafke. What a sweet kitty. Best wishes to you and yours.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

ldent42 said:

Sprunkn7 said:

I admit that this is where my mind went too. If my partner sent me a text like that I'd be really pissed off. It's the "you should care less about wine tasting and more about..." part. :unamused:

As for the litter box thing.... what about a covered litter? You can get REALLY big ones now, so even cats who aren't into that are usually okay with them. They also significantly reduce tracking. I take the door flap off of mine because I found that tripped the cat out a bit. Without the door she finds it a lot more welcoming.
    Chance is really fat.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    ldent42 said:

PJ_Soul said:

ldent42 said:

Sprunkn7 said:

Chance is really fat.
    How about building a cover. Just build a big box that fits over it that is big enough for the fat ass to get into. :lol: Surely you (better yet, your guy who sent you the snotty text, hahaha) can rig something. Cat pee outside of the litter box is intolerable.
  • Options
    George is a fatty too, and we got him a large corner-type covered one with a mat underneath. It works pretty well.
  • Options
    The pan is under the sink in the bathroom since I live in a pretty small place. It has the drain that comes down so I can't get a closed in one. If he keeps it up I may just get a tote and cut out the front for him to step into.

As for the text...he got his don't worry. He said he was just letting me know...please :nuh_uh:
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I personally keep the litter on the balcony. I really can't stand to have it in the house. I do have to keep the sliding door open 24/7 to do that of course, even in the winter, but it's worth it (and luckily I live where it's not impossible because of the weather). It's nice to be able to do that. But fortunately my surviving cat is a perfect lady when it comes to using the litter. She has NEVER gone outside of it (she's 13). But the one that died a couple of years ago was a complete nightmare. I actually had to keep a fucking TARP ON MY BED for the last year of her life. Otherwise she'd SHIT in my bed, and peed a few times too. She just stayed right off it with the tarp. It was awful.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on