Options

~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,997
    I have a REALLY good vet but today was a bit unnerving. Took Annie in for her yearly shots and to find out why she regurgitates (vets word, said it's not "vomiting") about once a week. (We're doing some dietary adjustments- doesn't look serious.) One of her vaccinations is something they give as drops in the nose and two were shots. The two shots went fine- not even a flinch. But the nose drops totally freaked out Annie. I've never seen her like that. It was really stressful. We both took the rest of the day off.

(Now you know what wimps we both are. :blush::grimacing: )
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,279
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,414
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    brianlux said:

I have a REALLY good vet but today was a bit unnerving. Took Annie in for her yearly shots and to find out why she regurgitates (vets word, said it's not "vomiting") about once a week. (We're doing some dietary adjustments- doesn't look serious.) One of her vaccinations is something they give as drops in the nose and two were shots. The two shots went fine- not even a flinch. But the nose drops totally freaked out Annie. I've never seen her like that. It was really stressful. We both took the rest of the day off.

(Now you know what wimps we both are. :blush::grimacing: )

Ugh, I hope it helps! How long do you have to give those to her? As for our kitty's immunotherapy, we don't know when to stop. It's a gamble and we have to see when it catches. She loves licking cardboard, so we always used to let her have any packages that we got in the mail to play with. Now I read something about cardboard box mites... Her allergy test results were peaking in the mite department, so we decided to take all cardboard out of her reach. Poor thing... Good thing is, she also loves cat grass. So that is her nibble to go now.
  • Options
    I had to bury our store cat Goldie today. When I got to work and opened the store room she was curled up on the floor. Right away I saw her eyes- she was named "Goldie" for her gold colored eyes- I knew she was gone. She was my store buddy for over 14 of her 16 or 17 years and she mostly pretty much just hung around me most of the time. It was really, really hard letting her go today. A lot of tears.

• Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    brianlux said:

I had to bury our store cat Goldie today. When I got to work and opened the store room she was curled up on the floor. Right away I saw her eyes- she was named "Goldie" for her gold colored eyes- I knew she was gone. She was my store buddy for over 14 of her 16 or 17 years and she mostly pretty much just hung around me most of the time. It was really, really hard letting her go today. A lot of tears.

I'm so sorry for your loss Brian
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    brianlux said:

Oh man, Brian, I am so sorry.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I'm so sorry, B. I'm sure she loved hanging with you over the years as much as you did with her.

Big hugs.
  • Options
    Thank you, good friends.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764
    brianlux said:

Oh no! I'm really sorry to hear that Brian. :frowning: Hope you're feeling better soon. RIP Goldie.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Thanks, PJ_Soul.

Here's the one photo I have of Goldie. As you can see, she was quite proud of President Gore :smile:

• Options
    Beautiful! Like a physically sturdier version of our Beans.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,279
    brianlux said:

awww sorry Bri.

i'm sure she lived a long and happy life!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    I am so sorry, Brian! She reminds me of Sam a lot. I hope she meets Mr. Pickles in kitty heaven. We adoped him tomorrow, three years ago, on my first real day in America.
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    brianlux said:

awww. I'm sorry :(

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764
    Just discovered that there is a whole channel free on demand that is just constant kittens playing, set to classical music. I am not sure if it's meant for cats or people, lol. I will try it on my cat when she wakes up. :tongue:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    brianlux said:

Thanks, PJ_Soul.

Here's the one photo I have of Goldie. As you can see, she was quite proud of President Gore :smile:

What a great picture. Sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    Thanks again friends! Here's one more of Goldie from a few years ago that I was super happy to find posted by a friend on the store's FB page:

Meanwhile, on a more cheery note here at home... whenever Annie see a squirrel or bird close to the house she runs from window to window as though guarding against a terrible invasion of some sort. And yet last night for the duration of this AWESOME thunder and lighting and rain storm that lasted 3 plus hours she slept right through it like nothing was going on!

• Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836
    I'm sorry for the loss of your Goldie Brian, I toast the 14+ years you had together and mourn with you the loss of a treasured companion.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Aww, Goldie was a cutie...sorry for the loss.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Just discovered that there is a whole channel free on demand that is just constant kittens playing, set to classical music. I am not sure if it's meant for cats or people, lol. I will try it on my cat when she wakes up. :tongue:

Now that my hummingbird live cam is deactivated, I might try this instead :lol:

• Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    brianlux said:

Sorry to hear that :( What a gorgeous girl.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    Thank you, ND, Sprunk and Samjam. :smile:

• Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    brianlux said:

Thanks again friends! Here's one more of Goldie from a few years ago that I was super happy to find posted by a friend on the store's FB page:

Meanwhile, on a more cheery note here at home... whenever Annie see a squirrel or bird close to the house she runs from window to window as though guarding against a terrible invasion of some sort. And yet last night for the duration of this AWESOME thunder and lighting and rain storm that lasted 3 plus hours she slept right through it like nothing was going on!

Dude, one time a bird landed on my air conditioner and my cat was so hell bent on trying to get it he was trying to paw the little side slots thing open - and he nearly fuckin' did too! (I'm pretty high up so that is not okay) but meanwhile when we had that super crazy storm with the thunder and lightning and rain coming down in sheets he was more concerned with MY tossing and turning in HIS bed while he was trying to sleep than what was going on outside. :lol:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,414
    Beautiful pics of Goldie. Sorry for your loss, Brian.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    brianlux said:

sorry for your loss i know its heartbreaking

love the pic btw..
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

brianlux said:

sorry for your loss i know its heartbreaking

love the pic btw..
    Thank you, JWP. :smile:

• Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Anyone else brush their cat's teeth? I just had to start brushing Pennie's teeth. She has gingivitis, so need to keep her teeth and gums healthy. I'm supposed to do it 2-3 times a week. Needless to say she hates it. Anybody else doing it?
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    Oh, that'd go over real well with our cats. Does she fight you on it?