~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752

I wasn't feeling well last week and my wee one Emma was there to try and make me feel better.

Calico!
    Sammy was a Calico!

Pretty Kitty!
    Calicos are the best, both my babies are calicos and yes she is very pretty and a wee brat as well, about 2 mins after I took the bottom picture she started attacking me from underneath the computer table.....she thought it was great fun.
    another one of Kali
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,613
    Cats! What are you gonna do? I distributed our vitamins this evening in one of those 7-day vitamin sorters and one of the lids didn't close all the way. I turn my back for a few seconds and turn around again and there's Annie, front paws on the table, eating my vitamins! Ever try to eat vitamins? Yuk! It's not like I don't already give here the most nutritious cat found I can find out there. CRAZY CAT!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• We have a crazy cat lady who lives down the street and myself and my two boys are convinced she cat napped our cat Sherlock. :(
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    edited March 2015
    Longueuil said:

Here a picture by Vivian Maier
    (1954. New York, NY)

Love this! That kitty looks a lot like ours :smile: I love all the Vivian Maier stuff!
    We took Sam to the vet today cause she has been having little cough attacks lately. I was scared it might be kitty asthma, but according to the vet, the x-ray didn't suggest that. The vet said it looks as if she has some kind of trachea infection, maybe related to the stress of our move. She is on antibiotics now, and I hope they help. We were so nervous, everything reminded us of Mr. Pickles at the vet. Fingers crossed it is nothing bad.

Eliot Spencer looks gorgeous, and so does Emma <3

Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    It was time for the spring shave, only got bitten 3 times, we are half way there and she only hates me a little.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    Only 3 . . . :lol: Bless her heart!
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    My kitty Emma is currently trying to get some pina colada.....when do you start to worry your cat has a drinking problem???
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • I think our adopted kitty has mange! It's a spot under her chin so I didn't notice it until I had her in my lap. :(
  • I think our adopted kitty has mange! It's a spot under her chin so I didn't notice it until I had her in my lap. :(

Get that treated IMMEDATELY!! Mange can actually cause death in cats! ( not the actual
    Mange, but the stress from it can kill them!) plus, the sooner you catch it, the cheaper the treatment!
  • frozenwithsaltfrozenwithsalt Posts: 765
    edited March 2015

I think our adopted kitty has mange! It's a spot under her chin so I didn't notice it until I had her in my lap. :(

Get that treated IMMEDATELY!! Mange can actually cause death in cats! ( not the actual
    Mange, but the stress from it can kill them!) plus, the sooner you catch it, the cheaper the treatment!

We're taking her in Monday morning. At first I thought the crazy cat had scraped herself climbing through something (she's always getting stuck in something) but when I looked closer I noticed the skin had scaly patches :(

I just don't understand where or how she got it. I was raised with more cats than I can count. Some were indoor but most were barn cats and none of them ever had mange.
    Post edited by frozenwithsalt on
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

Little Sammy 7-4-1998 02-28-2015

I can not begin to express the joy, and love, my little Samantha brought to my wife Kathy and I. From the day Kathy brought her home, the 3 of us were a match made in heaven. For 17 years we shared everything. For seventeen years Sammy would greet me at the door when I came home from work. I would pick her up over my shoulder, and the 2 of us would rub our faces together. Every night for 17 years. We shared every breakfast together. Sammy liked her toast buttered, and her steaks cooked medium rare. But broiled chicken was her absolute favorite! Kathy and I have probably cooked a thousand of pieces of chicken just for Sammy, over the years. At Christmas time, Sammy had her own stocking, that was always filled with all her favorite goodies. Sammy was also very fond of napping. She damned near loved to nap as much as she loved to eat. Sammy wasn't much for playing with toys, she found them to be beneath her. She was much too sophisticated, for silly toys. On the weekends when Kathy would go to bed, if I was still here in the computer room, Sammy would give me about 20 minutes. Then after those 20 minutes Sammy would walk in this room and let me know, by screaming and yelling, in her own little way, that it was time for bed. Funny, as a child my mom couldn't get me to bed, as an adult Kathy cant get me to go to bed, but when Sammy told me it was time for bed, I WENT TO BED!

Sammy and I had a ritual every morning and night. We would start by talking to each other(yeah I said it). We would have a little conversation, and then Sammy would lay on her back, and the EAR ITCHING would begin. For 10-20 minutes twice a day I would rub little Sammy's ears. She would be in heaven. She would just melt. The purring never stopped. For 17 years.

Today the purring stopped.
    There is no more chicken to share.
    There will be no more ear rubs.

I loved you Sammy
    I will forever miss you Sammy
    You will always be "Daddy's little girl".

You were the best damned cat on planet Earth!

I haven't been in this thread for sometime. Sorry to hear this about Sammy speedy. Damn.

And now you have a new little one pancakes, awesome man.
    Candid Scooter.
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863

Candid Scooter.

Awww, Sooooo cute!!!
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • There's a series of those pics from that shot.. He's adorable period.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Gorgeous kitties! Love Scooter's eyes/expression.

Beans says 'sup.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    cute pics everyone :smile:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • imageThere's a series of those pics from that shot.. He's adorable period.
  • Dang it! I double posted sorry!
  • hedonist said:

Beans says 'sup.

Sup Beans???
    hedonist said:

Beans says 'sup.

Oh Beans is a cutie! I have a Beans too...he's a Tuxedo...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Pics, Mandy!!!
    :-)

Pics, Mandy!!!
    :-)

I know I will try to post some on Wednesday on my day off...I'm at work right now...lol
    Tattooed Dissident!
    PJSiren said:

hedonist said:

Beans says 'sup.

Two Beans on the board! Such a great name (with wonderful variations).

Tuxedo's are pretty ones. I also love the odd, asymmetrical markings.

hedonist said:

PJSiren said:

hedonist said:

Beans says 'sup.

Yup, and he has a mustache...he's a little terrorist...that's his nickname because he likes to bite...just the other day was our 1 year anniversary of getting him, so he's about 1.5 years old now...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • PJSiren said:

hedonist said:

PJSiren said:

hedonist said:

Beans says 'sup.

Yup, and he has a mustache...he's a little terrorist...that's his nickname because he likes to bite...just the other day was our 1 year anniversary of getting him, so he's about 1.5 years old now...
    Awww! This August 24th will be two years having Scooter, and he was @ 3 when I got him, so he'll be5!
    Eliot Spencer^^^^

Beans^^^^
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Posts: 12,158
    edited March 2015
    Not sure what happened there...
    Post edited by The Waiting Trophy Man on
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
    I love Beans' white 'stache!
    This is our Georgie boy. He meows like a girl =)