~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• PJSiren said:

Yup, Beans is about 1.5 years old, and Eliot is 4.5, he's just like bugger off you little turd! Nothing serious with them either...Beans likes to bite though but Eliot usually worms his way out and punches him...lol Eliots a puncher...

His Nick name should be mr. punchy!
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    PJSiren said:

Yup, Beans is about 1.5 years old, and Eliot is 4.5, he's just like bugger off you little turd! Nothing serious with them either...Beans likes to bite though but Eliot usually worms his way out and punches him...lol Eliots a puncher...

Your cat is named Beans!!!!! Let me explain why this excites me so much:

So one day, my younger sister comes home from school--she must've been in kindergarten or 1st grade at the time, I am 4 years older than her--and announces to my dad and I that "Francis Scott Key wrote the national anthem with the help of his cat, Dr. Beans." My dad and I just crack up laughing. This turned into a running joke over the years, and would always elicit laughter in all of us. We thought she was out of her mind. A couple years ago, my sister and I looked it up, and turns out there WAS some dude named Dr. Beans who was on the same boat as Key when he wrote the anthem, but played no part in helping to write it and definitely was not a cat.

So ever since, I vowed to name the first cat I own myself Dr. Beans. I hope one day it can happen, as the bf is allergic to and doesn't like cats :(

But it makes me happy to see a cat out there named Beans :)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Seems a popular kitty name, I had a cat named EllotBean, so PJSiren's kitties' names made me giggle, cause they're Elliot Spencer and beans! Lol kinda cool!
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    samjam said:

PJSiren said:

So one day, my younger sister comes home from school--she must've been in kindergarten or 1st grade at the time, I am 4 years older than her--and announces to my dad and I that "Francis Scott Key wrote the national anthem with the help of his cat, Dr. Beans." My dad and I just crack up laughing. This turned into a running joke over the years, and would always elicit laughter in all of us. We thought she was out of her mind. A couple years ago, my sister and I looked it up, and turns out there WAS some dude named Dr. Beans who was on the same boat as Key when he wrote the anthem, but played no part in helping to write it and definitely was not a cat.

So ever since, I vowed to name the first cat I own myself Dr. Beans. I hope one day it can happen, as the bf is allergic to and doesn't like cats :(

Omg, that is such a cute story!!! I wonder what the teacher actually told them that she turned into writing with his cat....haha...I love it!
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • PJSiren said:

samjam said:

PJSiren said:

Omg, that is such a cute story!!! I wonder what the teacher actually told them that she turned into writing with his cat....haha...I love it!
    I know right??
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    Mine (Chance) is obese. She was nearly starved to death when my dad found her. They used a former dry food bucket (one of the big ones from Costco) for a mop bucket and he'd left it in the back porch/deck/thing and this tiny little thing was dragging herself over to it. Obviously that wasn't here so I wasn't there for it but when he sent her to me I couldn't believe how small she was. When we got her to the vet I was surprised to learn she was actually older than we thought, she was just small because she was nearly dead from malnourishment. I swear she must have never forgotten nearly starving to death because even 8 years later she still eats like she's afraid she'll never see food again. She was 20lbs last vet visit.
    The food thing isn't her only trauma either. I figured she must've been disposed of by someone who didn't want her cuz she took to the litter box immediately and with no issues whatsoever. Later on I realized she's terrified of boxes. Normally getting a cat into a carrier is not an easy task, some cats are just like "NOPE" when they see that thing, but generally cats love boxes. Not Chance. She will not go into one by herself, though she'll sniff around it and stuff. At first I thought she was just kind of dumb, so I tried to put her in an empty box so she could see how much fun it is, but nope - she freaked the fuck out. I kinda figure thats how they got rid of her. Damn cat's got PTSD.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    ldent42 said:

Mine (Chance) is obese. She was nearly starved to death when my dad found her. They used a former dry food bucket (one of the big ones from Costco) for a mop bucket and he'd left it in the back porch/deck/thing and this tiny little thing was dragging herself over to it. Obviously that wasn't here so I wasn't there for it but when he sent her to me I couldn't believe how small she was. When we got her to the vet I was surprised to learn she was actually older than we thought, she was just small because she was nearly dead from malnourishment. I swear she must have never forgotten nearly starving to death because even 8 years later she still eats like she's afraid she'll never see food again. She was 20lbs last vet visit.
    The food thing isn't her only trauma either. I figured she must've been disposed of by someone who didn't want her cuz she took to the litter box immediately and with no issues whatsoever. Later on I realized she's terrified of boxes. Normally getting a cat into a carrier is not an easy task, some cats are just like "NOPE" when they see that thing, but generally cats love boxes. Not Chance. She will not go into one by herself, though she'll sniff around it and stuff. At first I thought she was just kind of dumb, so I tried to put her in an empty box so she could see how much fun it is, but nope - she freaked the fuck out. I kinda figure thats how they got rid of her. Damn cat's got PTSD.

I had a cat that had PTSD with plastic grocery bags...we figured that's how they dumped him...we found him in the street in our neighborhood and took him in immediately...he was such a sweet baby, but come home with groceries in the plastic bags and he'd make himself scarce...he was deathly afraid of that rattle sound they make...
    Tattooed Dissident!
    PjSiren, as sad as I am to hear that happened to your baby, I'm glad mine isn't the only one with these types of issues. Ppl used to think I was making a joke when I said that. I'm like I know ptsd when I see it.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    ldent42 said:

PjSiren, as sad as I am to hear that happened to your baby, I'm glad mine isn't the only one with these types of issues. Ppl used to think I was making a joke when I said that. I'm like I know ptsd when I see it.

Oh no, your's is definitely not the only one...you should watch Jackson Galaxy's show sometime....he deals with cats that sometimes suffer from stuff like that...
    Tattooed Dissident!
    Oh my god I hate that show. The one couple with the 500 litterbox around the apartment cuz of the cats pouring peeing problems, and the guy who refused to allow the cats in the bedroom so they use the little kitty airhorn thing.... And don't even get me started on the bitch who didn't want her home to look like a "crazy cat lady house" and so wouldn't allow a windowsill perch...

I hate people.
    ldent42 said:

Oh my god I hate that show. The one couple with the 500 litterbox around the apartment cuz of the cats pouring peeing problems, and the guy who refused to allow the cats in the bedroom so they use the little kitty airhorn thing.... And don't even get me started on the bitch who didn't want her home to look like a "crazy cat lady house" and so wouldn't allow a windowsill perch...

I hate people.

Yeah there are some annoying people who have pets I know...but I adore Jackson! He's badass! :tongue:
    Tattooed Dissident!
    I actually learned a lot from him. I had looked at his website too much his homeopathic stuff is way too over priced.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    PJSiren said:

ldent42 said:

Oh no, your's is definitely not the only one...you should watch Jackson Galaxy's show sometime....he deals with cats that sometimes suffer from stuff like that...
    Love Jackson and his show! I randomly met him a couple years ago and told him the same thing =)
    ldent42 said:

I actually learned a lot from him. I had looked at his website too much his homeopathic stuff is way too over priced.

It is...I wanted some for Beans, I thought his calming elixir might help my cat be more calm...cuz Beans is sooooo rambunctious...I'm hoping he outgrows it as he ages...he is only 1.5 years old right now...but like he has two speeds, like he's on speed, or he's asleep...the cat is nuts! And his stuff is so expensive...
    Tattooed Dissident!
    hedonist said:

PJSiren said:

ldent42 said:

Love Jackson and his show! I randomly met him a couple years ago and told him the same thing =)
    That's awesome!!! I would love to meet him! :smile:
    Tattooed Dissident!
    PJSiren said:

ldent42 said:

It is...I wanted some for Beans, I thought his calming elixir might help my cat be more calm...cuz Beans is sooooo rambunctious...I'm hoping he outgrows it as he ages...he is only 1.5 years old right now...but like he has two speeds, like he's on speed, or he's asleep...the cat is nuts! And his stuff is so expensive...
    I had to get a skin & itch thing but wound up buying it from PetCo because it was a lot cheaper than the Jackson Galaxy one - but it was from his website that I learned about those homeopathic things.
    ldent42 said:

PJSiren said:

ldent42 said:

I had to get a skin & itch thing but wound up buying it from PetCo because it was a lot cheaper than the Jackson Galaxy one - but it was from his website that I learned about those homeopathic things.
    Yeah, I learned about that stuff from him, on his show...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Love Jackson!! Jealous of Hedo for getting to
    Meet him! When Imeet him I'll have met all my
    Animal Heros, save for Steve Irwin! I've met and worked with Tom Callahan,( the Priginal Horsewhisperer, the guy the book of same title was written about.) Buck Brannonman, ( another one), Jane Goodall five years before she died, and Cesar Millan. Now I just have to
    Meet Tia Torres, and Jackson Galaxy, and my animal Heros Wishlist will be as complete as it can be..
    WH, you got Willie and Waylon - give me Galaxy! (but I do wish that meeting for you)

I think I'd hug the hell out of Tia Torres if given the chance and if she'd let me. One of the bad-ass'est women I've seen.
  • Right?? She is awesome!! She's like the Buck Brannonman, ( Google this guy, his story is amazing!! Or you can watch the movie about him, Buck) of Pit Bulls! I think I'd cry if I got to meet her! ( I cried when I met Jane Goodall.. She was so nice.. She was a great hugger too!).
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    Sam is wishing all the kitty freaks a happy easter weekend :smiley:
    She has been suffering from some kind of a cold lately and we brought her to the vet and put her on antibiotics. She was having a weird cough thing going on. First we thought she wants to get rid of a hairball, but it was more pronounced. According to the vet, she does not seem to have astham, phew. She seems to be better, the cough is gone. I think the stress with the big move caused it. Poor little thing, ripped out of her familiar world and put into a new place with new smells and constantly changing landscape... She has become super vocal, is talking to us all the time. she makes a lot of "curring" sounds, like a little pigeon. It is super cute. Her favourite game at the moment is fetching bottle caps, and since she is not yet super accustomed to the pergo floor, she slides all the time when she chases them :lol:

• :-) love the pic, Leezestar! How cute!!

Right?? She is awesome!! She's like the Buck Brannonman, ( Google this guy, his story is amazing!! Or you can watch the movie about him, Buck) of Pit Bulls! I think I'd cry if I got to meet her! ( I cried when I met Jane Goodall.. She was so nice.. She was a great hugger too!).

Jane Fucking Goodall? :bow:

Leeze, is that adorably large-eared kitty yours? Beauty! I hope she's better soon - cats crave stability, I think. Despite our best intentions, many uproots can mess with them.

Glad she's getting some good loving from you and your honey :)

Sam is wishing all the kitty freaks a happy easter weekend :smiley:
    She has been suffering from some kind of a cold lately and we brought her to the vet and put her on antibiotics. She was having a weird cough thing going on. First we thought she wants to get rid of a hairball, but it was more pronounced. According to the vet, she does not seem to have astham, phew. She seems to be better, the cough is gone. I think the stress with the big move caused it. Poor little thing, ripped out of her familiar world and put into a new place with new smells and constantly changing landscape... She has become super vocal, is talking to us all the time. she makes a lot of "curring" sounds, like a little pigeon. It is super cute. Her favourite game at the moment is fetching bottle caps, and since she is not yet super accustomed to the pergo floor, she slides all the time when she chases them :lol:

Sooooo cute!!!! Glad she's getting better!!!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    I added some bunny ears to her, but the rest is our fluffy poo :smile: She makes us laugh all the time. Throughout the daytime, when she wakes up, she comes to my office door and makes a noise. When I look at her, she nods and makes the pigeon sound haha She is freaking adorable. We waited to move her until we finally moved in as well. The house was not completely done at that point and she of course noticed all the commotion at the old place too. Now, she has lots of windows and since I put bird feeders out, she has her own little tv.
    We have become so attached to her that it feels like she is one of us. Crazy cat people :blush:
  • Crazy Cat people are the best!
    Oh I know how you feel...I just love my babies so much....I dunno what I would do without them.
    Tattooed Dissident!
    Tattooed Dissident!