~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    Thanks guys! We are thinking only of her....we are having xrays done to see how far it has spread first....then go from there. I appreciate all the love and kind thoughts! <3
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    I have good new to share....we had the xrays done and the cancer would have first spread into her lungs, but her lungs are clear!!!! So we caught it in time. We are going to speak to her primary vet that did the first surgery on friday about having the lymphnode with cancer removed and she should be ok after that!!! I'm so relieved, thank you for your prayers and positive thoughts!!! :-)
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    Great news!! Hopefully she will recover well and fast :)
  • jlaustinjlaustin Posts: 2,355
    That is fantastic news! So happy for you! Here's to a speedy recovery!
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,747

I have good new to share....we had the xrays done and the cancer would have first spread into her lungs, but her lungs are clear!!!! So we caught it in time. We are going to speak to her primary vet that did the first surgery on friday about having the lymphnode with cancer removed and she should be ok after that!!! I'm so relieved, thank you for your prayers and positive thoughts!!! :-)

:D awesome!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,887

<:-P
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    edited August 2014
    The new 4 month old baby at our house. She is at the moment nameless, although my 11 year old is leaning toward Eva G to go with her sister, our 7 year old rescue pug, Zsazsa. ;)100_2220" />
    Post edited by oceaninmyeyes on
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes

The new 4 month old baby at our house. She is at the moment nameless, although my 11 year old is leaning toward Eva G to go with her sister, our 7 year old rescue pug, Zsazsa. ;)image

:D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • So cute :) .. .. .. We need a kitty emoticon !! !!
  • Love the look of shock on her wee face, also that wee pink nose with the spot of black on the upper left is super cute.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    Thanks guys. I haven't had a cat in 16 years and in the time before that I was never without one. My hubs loved to tell the dog that I was "a cat person", with a roll of his eyes. Not that I don't love the pug. Both of these animals are sweethearts. I just hope I can get them to feel that way about each other. :)

I'm thinkin' my kitties need one of these ;)

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,613

^^^ That's great! I should get my cat one of those to mellow her out instead of rough housing with her. She loves to dive under a small throw rug and wait until I poke around the edges with my hand. I've taken to not playing that game much anymore but today the temptation was too great. You can tell by the two bandages on my right hand which of us was the quickest. :))

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:

^^^ That's great! I should get my cat one of those to mellow her out instead of rough housing with her. She loves to dive under a small throw rug and wait until I poke around the edges with my hand. I've taken to not playing that game much anymore but today the temptation was too great. You can tell by the two bandages on my right hand which of us was the quickest. :))

and how much do those costs? lol
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

oooh we have one of those somewhere
    :-? *-:)
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    edited September 2014
    Lost our boy Jinxy last night very suddenly. Fuck u September, that's 2 boys we've lost in this shitty month, Nico 2 septembers ago and now jinxy. We'll miss you Jinxy :(

Jinxy

Yes, that's an EV shirt, we raise smart kids
    Post edited by badbrains on
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    He was a handsome boy. RIP Jinxy. Take care of yourself Badbrains.

As to the shirt, mine seem to love my most expensive tour shirts. Cheap undershirt won't do, only the finest for them.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,887
    badbrains said:

Lost our boy Jinxy last night very suddenly. Fuck u September, that's 2 boys we've lost in this shitty month, Nico 2 septembers ago and now jinxy. We'll miss you Jinxy :(

Jinxy

Oh no! I'm so sorry BadBrains! :( RIP Jinxy.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Thank you Hobbes and PJSoul, still unreal that he's gone. Please, if anyone has a big cat, make sure you get their hearts checked out. Jinxy was only 2 1/2 years old.

Jinxy went from the streets as a baby to a cage in a shelter to going down to the shore condo, bird watching and living happily for 1 1/2 years of his life. I just wish we had more time with him.
    badbrains said:

Jinxy

wow, sorry man. :(

2 1/2? so young!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

badbrains said:

Jinxy

wow, sorry man. :(

2 1/2? so young!
    Yes sir Dave. Thanks buddy. Appreciate very much.
  • jlaustinjlaustin Posts: 2,355
    badbrains said:

Thank you Hobbes and PJSoul, still unreal that he's gone. Please, if anyone has a big cat, make sure you get their hearts checked out. Jinxy was only 2 1/2 years old.

Jinxy went from the streets as a baby to a cage in a shelter to going down to the shore condo, bird watching and living happily for 1 1/2 years of his life. I just wish we had more time with him.

So sorry, BadBrains. We also lost one of our big cats at an early age to an enlarged heart. Very sad, he went from being kicked around on the street by stupid frat boys, to our tiny apartment, then only 3 months in our house. My thoughts are with you.
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

jlaustin said:

badbrains said:

So sorry, BadBrains. We also lost one of our big cats at an early age to an enlarged heart. Very sad, he went from being kicked around on the street by stupid frat boys, to our tiny apartment, then only 3 months in our house. My thoughts are with you.
    Thanks jl, it's devastating. We got him a few months after nico past away from a bad heart, and now jinxy. And you know exactly how we feel. Take comfort in knowing at least your cat enjoyed the remainder of his life with you guys. No matter how short it was. Again, thank you.
  • I'm sorry, badbrains :( We lost our precious Mr. Pickles because of a heart condition too. He was 1,5 years old when we got him out of a shelter on my second day in America two Octobers ago. We had him for two months, then he died. He had cardiomyopathy and there was nothing we could have done. It is a common cat disease, never heard of it before. When older cats get it, you can treat them with medicine. when the youngsters have it, they are usually born with it and it just gets worse and worse. Poor booboos.

I'm sorry, badbrains :( We lost our precious Mr. Pickles because of a heart condition too. He was 1,5 years old when we got him out of a shelter on my second day in America two Octobers ago. We had him for two months, then he died. He had cardiomyopathy and there was nothing we could have done. It is a common cat disease, never heard of it before. When older cats get it, you can treat them with medicine. when the youngsters have it, they are usually born with it and it just gets worse and worse. Poor booboos.

Thank you Leeze, that's exactly what happened with nico. He was around 10 when they discovered his bad heart and 2 1/2 years later, he was gone. I did everything I could to keep him alive. Got to the point where I was giving him 1 shot a day. I swear I could see it in his face when it was time. He gave me that look like, "come on, you did everything you can for me for 2 1/2 years, it's time." He died September 11 two years ago. Man, I miss that fucker too. Now I've had 2 kids (we call our cats kids) pass away from heart desease.

Again, thank you all for your kind words. Means a lot.
  • Always the image of grace and decorum my wee one Emma

Always the image of grace and decorum my wee one Emma

:)) cute
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    edited September 2014
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,613
    badbrains said:

Kurt Vonnegut was here.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:

badbrains said:

Kurt Vonnegut was here.

Lol, I tried to post a pic but failed miserably again. Lol