~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• badbrains - so sorry to hear about Jinxy and Nico. I had one really big cat my whole life, he weighed 15 pounds in his prime and he was all muscle. He was sick for a few years. He had GI ulcers that they could never discover the cause of (biopsies were sent to KState and CSU vet hospitals to no avail.) I so get that "look" that Nico gave you, because Wheezer gave me the same one. I loved him terribly and although he has been gone 19 years, I still miss him. It amazes me that I can't stop loving and wanting a cat in my life, knowing how much it hurts when we lose them. Our new little girl, Eva has a very similar personality to Wheezer. I'm so glad we found her. Hang in there, man. You made Jinxy's last 1 1/2 years wonderful.
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Sorry about the loss of your kitties. I post in the dog thread all the time, but rarely here. We have two black cats (rescues) and one of them, 12 year old Lexi, developed this huge tumor near her back leg. The options were cutting out as much as they could and radiation for 20 days in a row with no guarantee or amputating her leg - not a 100% guarantee, but a better prognosis.

We went with the amputation - she had the surgery last Friday morning and we picked her up Saturday. The doctor said cats (and dogs) almost all of the time adapt completely to becoming tripods. (Who knew they called three-legged pets that?) Lexi has been super affectionate (not her usual personality) and acts like she doesn't care about her missing leg. She's pissed about the cone though.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

badbrains - so sorry to hear about Jinxy and Nico. I had one really big cat my whole life, he weighed 15 pounds in his prime and he was all muscle. He was sick for a few years. He had GI ulcers that they could never discover the cause of (biopsies were sent to KState and CSU vet hospitals to no avail.) I so get that "look" that Nico gave you, because Wheezer gave me the same one. I loved him terribly and although he has been gone 19 years, I still miss him. It amazes me that I can't stop loving and wanting a cat in my life, knowing how much it hurts when we lose them. Our new little girl, Eva has a very similar personality to Wheezer. I'm so glad we found her. Hang in there, man. You made Jinxy's last 1 1/2 years wonderful.

Thank you for this. And congrats on Eva! I'm sure you'll give her an awesome life!
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    So unfortunately the cancer in my kitty is coming back on her lip and we can't afford the removal of the lymphnode right now....so I dunno what's going to happen....praying that it doesn't spread before we can get it removed....but there are no guarantees...but I have tried to make peace with the fact that I have given her a good life in case she does get sick and pass...
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
    PJSiren said:

So unfortunately the cancer in my kitty is coming back on her lip and we can't afford the removal of the lymphnode right now....so I dunno what's going to happen....praying that it doesn't spread before we can get it removed....but there are no guarantees...but I have tried to make peace with the fact that I have given her a good life in case she does get sick and pass...

I feel your pain.
    badbrains said:

PJSiren said:

I feel your pain.
    Thanks! And I'm so sorry for your recent losses!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • I am
    So sorry to read all the kitty troubles! Bad brains, your kitties were lucky to have had you for their person, PJSiren, I will be praying for your kitty. Ginny, congrats on your new(?) kitty. I love the name Eva! Scooter is doing well, he's been mine for a year now! I finally hot to go get him yesterday, and I missed him so terribly!! He's all fat and happy these days! Yay!

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,747
    only cat problem i'm having is one of them is constantly pooping on the floor/rug. X( I know she knows how to use the litter box cause i've seen her use it and i know it's not my other cat. She never goes pee on the carpet/floor so that's good, it's always the liquid kind too never the "hard" stuff :-S She has her yearly check up soon i'll see what the doctor says.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

I am
    So sorry to read all the kitty troubles! Bad brains, your kitties were lucky to have had you for their person, PJSiren, I will be praying for your kitty. Ginny, congrats on your new(?) kitty. I love the name Eva! Scooter is doing well, he's been mine for a year now! I finally hot to go get him yesterday, and I missed him so terribly!! He's all fat and happy these days! Yay!

Both cool names! I like Eva and scooter reminds me of a name that would've fit jinxy perfectly. Happy for you getting scooter back. I'm sure he missed u too. Fatboy lol
  • oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    edited October 2014
    Yw badbrains. Eva is the other half to our now 7 y.o. rescue pug, Zsazsa. ;) My 11 year old named them. When I asked him how he knew about the Gabor sisters, he told me he learned about them on his Alf DVD's. image Sorry to hear about your little girl PJSiren. I will keep my fingers crossed. Tree - I am so glad that Scooter is back home warming your heart. We got Eva 2 months ago, she is 6 months old now. And I love her bunches. eeriepadave - Eva had a little trouble with the box right after we got her. https://aspca.org/pet-care/virtual-pet-behaviorist/cat-behavior/litter-box-problemsI read this article and tried moving her water dish. Apparently she thought it was too close to the litter box. Now all is right with the world. And of course, she has run of the house most of the time. She has a bed, a perch where she can see out of the second story window, a soft rug, loves to sleep on the couch, chairs, beds, but her favorite nap spot . . . . the recycling box. ;)
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Reading about the kitties lost and the ones not doing so well health wise hurts my heart. Hugs to all of you that have lost or are going through something now. I had to text my sister for a kitty update just to feel better about being so far away from them after reading these posts. I don't know what I would do without my wee terrors.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Reading about the kitties lost and the ones not doing so well health wise hurts my heart. Hugs to all of you that have lost or are going through something now. I had to text my sister for a kitty update just to feel better about being so far away from them after reading these posts. I don't know what I would do without my wee terrors.

I know this feeling all too well! While I was gone, I'd call my sis and make her hunt Scooter down so I could hear his meow over the phone! I know I'm a dork! But I missed him! Hoping the kitties are doing better today, and their people too! Hugs to all!
    edited October 2014

Yw badbrains. Eva is the other half to our now 7 y.o. rescue pug, Zsazsa. ;) My 11 year old named them. When I asked him how he knew about the Gabor sisters, he told me he learned about them on his Alf DVD's. image Sorry to hear about your little girl PJSiren. I will keep my fingers crossed. Tree - I am so glad that Scooter is back home warming your heart. We got Eva 2 months ago, she is 6 months old now. And I love her bunches. eeriepadave - Eva had a little trouble with the box right after we got her. https://aspca.org/pet-care/virtual-pet-behaviorist/cat-behavior/litter-box-problemsI read this article and tried moving her water dish. Apparently she thought it was too close to the litter box. Now all is right with the world. And of course, she has run of the house most of the time. She has a bed, a perch where she can see out of the second story window, a soft rug, loves to sleep on the couch, chairs, beds, but her favorite nap spot . . . . the recycling box. ;)

If I didn't know better I would say Eva was my Beany's twin except beans has a black nose....but otherwise so very similar!!!! SO cute!!! And thank you so much!
    Tattooed Dissident!

Reading about the kitties lost and the ones not doing so well health wise hurts my heart. Hugs to all of you that have lost or are going through something now. I had to text my sister for a kitty update just to feel better about being so far away from them after reading these posts. I don't know what I would do without my wee terrors.

I know this feeling all too well! While I was gone, I'd call my sis and make her hunt Scooter down so I could hear his meow over the phone! I know I'm a dork! But I missed him! Hoping the kitties are doing better today, and their people too! Hugs to all!
    Thankfully my little girl isn't sick yet, so that keeps me hopeful! I got mushed on just a little bit ago...she's such a sweetie.
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Scooter hanging out in his cat tree.

Scooter hanging out in his cat tree.

Wow, that's fucken awesome! :D
    LOL Scooter is too cute! He's literally hangin' out...what a silly kitty! I can totally see my Beans doing that if we had a cat tree like that...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • He races around the outside of that thing through that hole, chasing his tail!! Keep trying to get it on video, but I never quite catch it in time! Lol
    badbrains said:

almost/kinda like one of my cats did awhile back
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • badbrains said:

Love cats!!! They're almost liquid!!

badbrains said:

They're so chill. Like they know they're cool.
  • Someone missed me while I was off chasing PJ around the mid-west. She won't let me up :x

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Someone missed me while I was off chasing PJ around the mid-west. She won't let me up :x

Awww!!
  • northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    edited October 2014
    This is her "I'm sorry were you freaking out and crying for a week while I was off at someone else's house getting pampered but I'm home now so what's the big deal" face.

But she is home now so my little runaway is mostly forgiven.

So I just got back from the vet with Tabby Lu because her cancer is back...and the lump is infected again, they gave her an antibiotic shot, but we can't have the lump removed again without removing half her jaw because of the way it's grown back, so at this point all we can do is manage it, we still don't know if it's spread into her body yet, but she's lost more weight so I think it might have....basically, I think we're just going to manage her comfort level and everything...and the infection, and let her tell us when it's time.
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • PJSiren said:

So I just got back from the vet with Tabby Lu because her cancer is back...and the lump is infected again, they gave her an antibiotic shot, but we can't have the lump removed again without removing half her jaw because of the way it's grown back, so at this point all we can do is manage it, we still don't know if it's spread into her body yet, but she's lost more weight so I think it might have....basically, I think we're just going to manage her comfort level and everything...and the infection, and let her tell us when it's time.

I'm so sorry to hear this! Poor Tabby Lu. Hugs from here.

PJSiren said:

I'm so sorry to hear this! Poor Tabby Lu. Hugs from here.
    :( sorry, thoughts are with you
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    PJSiren said:

Oh man, fuck, so sorry to hear this. God damn cancer! Sounds like you guys know what u have to do, and just enjoy every moment u have her. My heart hurts for tabby and u. :(
  • I'm gonna have to stop reading the kitty and doggie threads as they hurt my heart too much everytime a fur baby is lost or not doing well, this is why it takes me years to get another pet when I lose one.

I'm sorry about Tabby Lu PJSiren, hugs from another kitty lover.

• I'm gonna have to stop reading the kitty and doggie threads as they hurt my heart too much everytime a fur baby is lost or not doing well, this is why it takes me years to get another pet when I lose one.

I'm sorry about Tabby Lu PJSiren, hugs from another kitty lover.

I know!