Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

1129130131132133135»

Comments

  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 19,114

    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,169
    dankind said:

    I had a cat, Samantha, she was my angel. I miss her every day.

    Anyway, years back we lived in an apartment that had radiator heat. Every winter when those radiators were turned on, Samantha would come running into the dining room and lay on the radiator for the next 3 months. There were times i would pick her up, and I swear her blood was boiling. hahaha
    Free Boston Lou!!!!
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 30,031
    dankind said:

    I had a cat, Samantha, she was my angel. I miss her every day.

    Anyway, years back we lived in an apartment that had radiator heat. Every winter when those radiators were turned on, Samantha would come running into the dining room and lay on the radiator for the next 3 months. There were times i would pick her up, and I swear her blood was boiling. hahaha
    We built covers and the cats would all hang out on them.  They loved it.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PAPosts: 36,156
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:


    awwww!

    I think i'm ready to adopt and get another cat (or two) now. I'm probablt gonna check out Cat Angel Network at the PetSmart near me this weekend. That is where I got Willow and Kali from. They have cat  "adoptionathons" on the weekends.


    Awesome... our two were bonded, and had to be adopted as a package deal... we were originally looking just for one, and I (to my wife's surprise) suggested we get two. 

    In hindsight I'm so happy we made the decision we did. 
    I have always had two cats. I have never adopted two together. However, they usually bond after a few weeks when I bring in the new one. I like having two. I don't feel as guilty when I go away for a few days. I know they have each other.

    That was my reasoning as well, as we often take off for weekends to my in law's. Now that my wife is working from home, they're not alone as much as they used to be, but regardless, we have the best of both worlds... while they are both very affectionate, one's a lap cat who just wants to be comfortable and the tortie is a high energy screw ball with more personality than most humans I've ever met. At the risk of repeating myself, I'm so happy we decided on two. 

    Good luck in the search!! 

    I probably won't get two at a time, but you never know. When i first got Willow I made sure that she would get a long with other cats in case I decided on getting a playmate for her. About 6 months later I did in Kali . I did have a third kitten for a few days (she was found in our apartment complex). the weather was kinda bad so i brought her to my apartment and just had her in the bathroom for like a day or two. Willow was fine with her, Kali on the other hand hissed at her and was not happy with another cat in the apt. Willow and Kali got along pretty well. Rarely fought. Willow was more "motherly" towards Kali (licking her and whatnot). So when Willow died I thought about getting another one. But in the end I think Kali didn't want to have another cat in the place.

    I went to PetSmart this morning and found a cat (or hopefully she found me). She's about 4 1/2 years old and also a calico cat. She's kinda exploring my apartment, but so far so good. Will post pics later on. Her foster parent named her Kyra, might keep that name, not sure yet.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NYPosts: 4,189
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:


    awwww!

    I think i'm ready to adopt and get another cat (or two) now. I'm probablt gonna check out Cat Angel Network at the PetSmart near me this weekend. That is where I got Willow and Kali from. They have cat  "adoptionathons" on the weekends.


    Awesome... our two were bonded, and had to be adopted as a package deal... we were originally looking just for one, and I (to my wife's surprise) suggested we get two. 

    In hindsight I'm so happy we made the decision we did. 
    I have always had two cats. I have never adopted two together. However, they usually bond after a few weeks when I bring in the new one. I like having two. I don't feel as guilty when I go away for a few days. I know they have each other.

    That was my reasoning as well, as we often take off for weekends to my in law's. Now that my wife is working from home, they're not alone as much as they used to be, but regardless, we have the best of both worlds... while they are both very affectionate, one's a lap cat who just wants to be comfortable and the tortie is a high energy screw ball with more personality than most humans I've ever met. At the risk of repeating myself, I'm so happy we decided on two. 

    Good luck in the search!! 

    I probably won't get two at a time, but you never know. When i first got Willow I made sure that she would get a long with other cats in case I decided on getting a playmate for her. About 6 months later I did in Kali . I did have a third kitten for a few days (she was found in our apartment complex). the weather was kinda bad so i brought her to my apartment and just had her in the bathroom for like a day or two. Willow was fine with her, Kali on the other hand hissed at her and was not happy with another cat in the apt. Willow and Kali got along pretty well. Rarely fought. Willow was more "motherly" towards Kali (licking her and whatnot). So when Willow died I thought about getting another one. But in the end I think Kali didn't want to have another cat in the place.

    I went to PetSmart this morning and found a cat (or hopefully she found me). She's about 4 1/2 years old and also a calico cat. She's kinda exploring my apartment, but so far so good. Will post pics later on. Her foster parent named her Kyra, might keep that name, not sure yet.
    Congrats!! That is very exciting. Definitely post some photos when you get the chance. Kyra is a cute name if you think it suits her. 
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of foreverPosts: 24,066
    Congratulations, Dave. That’s such a great feeling. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PAPosts: 36,156
    edited January 9
    She’s been hiding about 3/4 of the time since I’ve had her though (under bed, chair, dresser). She loves being petted though and when she does come out she “head bumps” me. Hopefully she comes out of her shell soon. few pics (hopefully I get better ones once she feels more comfortable.


    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of foreverPosts: 24,066
    She’s beautiful :)
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 19,114
    Dave, we didn’t see Molly for six months after we got her, but we could see that she was eating, drinking, pooping.

    If you don’t know/recall, Molly became my most beloved companion for all the years she was with us. Every year without her has seemed empty. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NYPosts: 4,189
    Dave, she is adorable. I am sure in a few weeks she will be all over you. Did you decide on the name yet?
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NYPosts: 4,189

    This little girl can bend herself in half. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PAPosts: 36,156
    GlowGirl said:
    Dave, she is adorable. I am sure in a few weeks she will be all over you. Did you decide on the name yet?

    I think i'm gonna stick with the name that her foster parent named her, Kyra. Now she's sleeping/chillin' on the pet bed (which my other cats rarely used :lol: )
    GlowGirl said:

    This little girl can bend herself in half. 


    hehe yeah cats can be very flexible.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 24,666
    hedonist said:
    Thanks looks cozy. Are you cat-sitting?
    My sister cats. Was from christmas eve. Spent it there.

    Don't know what they are called in english, but "Oriental/egyptian" cats are very charming. Very social. i dig em
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PAPosts: 36,156
    Kyra's getting more used to her furever home. Not hiding as much. I've had this pet bed for over 10 years and I think she's used it more in a week than my other two cats did combined :lol:


    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of foreverPosts: 24,066
    She looks quite content there :)
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of foreverPosts: 24,066
    Everyone’s cat has done the loaf, no?

  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NYPosts: 4,189
    Kyra's getting more used to her furever home. Not hiding as much. I've had this pet bed for over 10 years and I think she's used it more in a week than my other two cats did combined :lol:


    Cute. If I bought a cat bed my cats would probably just lie in the cardboard box it came in. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PAPosts: 36,156
    GlowGirl said:
    Kyra's getting more used to her furever home. Not hiding as much. I've had this pet bed for over 10 years and I think she's used it more in a week than my other two cats did combined :lol:


    Cute. If I bought a cat bed my cats would probably just lie in the cardboard box it came in. 
    Kali definitely would have although don't think they come in cardboard boxes (least this one didn't) just got it as is.

    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NYPosts: 4,189
    GlowGirl said:
    Kyra's getting more used to her furever home. Not hiding as much. I've had this pet bed for over 10 years and I think she's used it more in a week than my other two cats did combined :lol:


    Cute. If I bought a cat bed my cats would probably just lie in the cardboard box it came in. 
    Kali definitely would have although don't think they come in cardboard boxes (least this one didn't) just got it as is.

    She looks very at ease. Is she warming up to you. Can you pick her up or does she come sit with you yet?  One of my former cats took months before she fully warmed up to me. Then she totally became a lap cat. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PAPosts: 36,156
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Kyra's getting more used to her furever home. Not hiding as much. I've had this pet bed for over 10 years and I think she's used it more in a week than my other two cats did combined :lol:


    Cute. If I bought a cat bed my cats would probably just lie in the cardboard box it came in. 
    Kali definitely would have although don't think they come in cardboard boxes (least this one didn't) just got it as is.

    She looks very at ease. Is she warming up to you. Can you pick her up or does she come sit with you yet?  One of my former cats took months before she fully warmed up to me. Then she totally became a lap cat. 
    haven't tried picking her up yet. she sometimes comes to sit next to me but it's usually not for that long,

    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PAPosts: 36,156
    Tried to recreate this, didn't quite work out :neutral:


    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NYPosts: 4,189
    edited January 20
    Tried to recreate this, didn't quite work out :neutral:


    It kinda worked. But that photo of Kali is hard to beat. Classic!!
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of foreverPosts: 24,066
    I love that Kali photo!

    Tough to recreate spontaneity :)
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of foreverPosts: 24,066
    What a difference one second makes :lol:



  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PAPosts: 36,156
    hedonist said:
    I love that Kali photo!

    Tough to recreate spontaneity :)
    yeah. That picture is my all time favorite picture that I have ever taken.
    hedonist said:
    What a difference one second makes :lol:




    awww cute
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NYPosts: 4,189
    hedonist said:
    What a difference one second makes :lol:



    Is that little Flea all grown up? Cutie. 
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of foreverPosts: 24,066
    Indeed! She’s a year old now. I believe she’s well into her teenager phase  — uh oh!
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 6,341

  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of foreverPosts: 24,066
    She a cat, she’s an excellent friend, she’s a TV star!
Sign In or Register to comment.