~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    I’m sorry, Dave. 
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,840
    GlowGirl said:
    Dave, I am so sorry. I know how you feel. Of course it hurts. You lost a family member. I had a feeling last night when you said she had trouble walking. My last two cats who passed start walking all wobbly (like they were drunk) the day before. From your posts here I know how much you cared about her. I assume that is her photo as your avatar. I can't remember if you have other cats as well. I am sure she had a great life. We are here for you.
    yeah pretty much that's how Kali was walking (wobbly). Yes that is her in my profile pic. That's probably my favorite pic that I have ever taken. I did have another cat, Willow, who passed away like 3 years ago. Got Kali when she was a year old (mainly as a companion for Willow in '08) luckily they got along pretty well and Kali lived a long life, 14 1/2 years. So that's good.
    My condolences Dave I love my pets so much it’s tough when they pass on ..
    I’m sorry, Dave. 

thank you!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I’m so very sorry, Dave. Those of us who’ve lost ours know how you feel. It hurts; just know you gave her a wonderful life of being loved.

That is a great photo, by the way. 
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    RIP Kali!

When I cam home from work today, she was on the floor twitching so i called the vet and they told me to come over. While i was waiting for the doctor she passed away. I was expecting to put her down, but it obviously still hurts :cry:
    I'm so sorry to hear this. RIP sweet Kali.
    Sending thoughts and virtual hugs to you.

"Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    I’m so very sorry, Dave. Those of us who’ve lost ours know how you feel. It hurts; just know you gave her a wonderful life of being loved.

RIP Kali!

When I cam home from work today, she was on the floor twitching so i called the vet and they told me to come over. While i was waiting for the doctor she passed away. I was expecting to put her down, but it obviously still hurts :cry:

Thanks, Still hurts. feels weird not having a cat in my apartment though. Keep turning around and expecting her to be there :sighs:

I'll probably get another one (or two) eventually but not yet obviously. I'll know when the time is right.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    hedonist said:

RIP Kali!

Thanks, Still hurts. feels weird not having a cat in my apartment though. Keep turning around and expecting her to be there :sighs:

I'll probably get another one (or two) eventually but not yet obviously. I'll know when the time is right.
    Yes, you’ll know. And when the time comes, may the sweet outweigh the bitter :)
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,825
    Hi @eeriepadave - How are you doing. Just checking in. And, yes. You will know when the time is right to get a new kitty. Let us know when you do.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,947
    hedonist said:

RIP Kali!

Sorry man...that sucks.

We have two that are buds. We always laugh when they come parading through the living room together. Like they are making their rounds.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,907
    RIP Kali!

@eeriepadave

my heartfelt condolences on the loss of Kali. I know that ache and pain. I’m thankful for you though, that you had all those lovely years together. We had a similar situation when we lost Stella. We had planned on euthanising her on a Wednesday; she had a vapour lock and was dead within a minute on   Sunday. Even expecting it, it was so sudden.

sending hugs and warm thoughts your way.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    thanks everyone. I'm doing better. Got her ashes a few days ago. donated her diabetic food and insulin to the vet, so another cat could use it. Still miss her.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    thanks everyone. I'm doing better. Got her ashes a few days ago. donated her diabetic food and insulin to the vet, so another cat could use it. Still miss her.
    You will, most probably for a good while. We still muse about the Beans (lost her in April of last year).  
  • Options

• Options

I feel like I am interrupting something. 
  • Options
    More like you caught them…at something. 
  • Options
    Her sleepy belly was fully exposed — as if daring me to risk yet more scratches on my arm. I didn’t take the bait :lol:

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT!

Those with weak stomachs may want to avert their eyes!

(We had the pups away for the weekend, and Groucho really missed his buddy.)

Like, gag me with a doggy biscuit!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT!

Those with weak stomachs may want to avert their eyes!

(We had the pups away for the weekend, and Groucho really missed his buddy.)

Like, gag me with a doggy biscuit!
    Gnarly!

Groucho and Rose look similarly-sized now. 
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    Her sleepy belly was fully exposed — as if daring me to risk yet more scratches on my arm. I didn’t take the bait :lol:

That belly looks hard to resist. I may have risked the scratches.

• Options
    @eeriepadave sorry for your loss.  I know it sucks...
  • Options
    This was my introduction to our new rescue kitten Milton. My gf has been wanting to get another cat since Zappa Cat went to Heaven. I told her to go see this cat and bring the carrier just in case. She went back the next day and brought him home. I picked him up and tucked him under the covers w me and he went to sleep on me. This was 2 months ago. 

More cuteness to follow…
  • Options

• Options
    He’s absolutely adorable!
  • Options
    cute kitties
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

Congrats! He is super cute. They are so fun at that age. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,674
    Three of my very favorite walking trail feral cat buddies.  The black and white in the middle is Tippy.  He is particularly attentive when I walk by and talk to him.  It's like he knows.  Love that Tippy!
    IMG

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    Three of my very favorite walking trail feral cat buddies.  The black and white in the middle is Tippy.  He is particularly attentive when I walk by and talk to him.  It's like he knows.  Love that Tippy!
    IMG

I'm surprised they let you get that close.  I swear Twinkle toes, our black cat, was feral.
  • Options
    They really took to the camera. 
  • Options
    This was my introduction to our new rescue kitten Milton. My gf has been wanting to get another cat since Zappa Cat went to Heaven. I told her to go see this cat and bring the carrier just in case. She went back the next day and brought him home. I picked him up and tucked him under the covers w me and he went to sleep on me. This was 2 months ago. 

More cuteness to follow…
    Awesome. 

The night we took home our two rescues, Alice curled up on my lap & dozed off pretty quickly (after exploring the house of course). 

What a great feeling & start to the relationship. 

Congrats on the new addition. 
  • Options

More cuteness to follow…
    Awesome. 

The night we took home our two rescues, Alice curled up on my lap & dozed off pretty quickly (after exploring the house of course). 

TY everyone.  He is 2 handfuls.  He yields to me but nibbles on my GF.  He climbs on my chest just before my alarm goes off and purrs in my ear.  He gets excited when the alarm goes off because he gets his rubs and gets a meal in a few minutes.

creatures of habit.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    edited November 2021

More cuteness to follow…
    Awesome. 

TY everyone.  He is 2 handfuls.  He yields to me but nibbles on my GF.  He climbs on my chest just before my alarm goes off and purrs in my ear.  He gets excited when the alarm goes off because he gets his rubs and gets a meal in a few minutes.

creatures of habit.
    It took months for Alice to curl up in my wife's lap, she definitely warmed up to me right away. 

Then one of my buddies came over and she curled up in his lap as soon as he sat down, I figured it was a gender thing. 

Needless to say my wife was bullshit when Alice curled up in a stranger's lap but not hers after several months.  :D
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on