~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Thanks looks cozy. Are you cat-sitting?
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,811
    Our Xmas has hit a bump my daughter & wife had to take our Theo to vet this morning she was not herself at all since last night 6:30 she vomited twice! Got call she’s di hydrated fever of 104 normal for cats is 102, vet said gas stuck or obstruction so they are headed to emergency vet clinic to get some kind of scan to really get answers today! Ughhh merry Christmas to all the kitties out in the PJ world 
    I am sorry to hear this. I hope Theo is doing better. This happened to a friend of mine's cat not too long ago, and she is fine now. The vet thought she had eaten some plastic, and once it passed she was better. Keep us posted.

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    brianlux said:
    Three of my very favorite walking trail feral cat buddies.  The black and white in the middle is Tippy.  He is particularly attentive when I walk by and talk to him.  It's like he knows.  Love that Tippy!
    IMG

I'm surprised they let you get that close.  I swear Twinkle toes, our black cat, was feral.

Just saw this- a little late responding, lol- but yeah, these guys are nearly tame and that is a bit concerning.  I've even had these two come up and rub against my legs.  I worry that they are too tame to be feral.  Not everyone out there is nice to cats.  And I totally love these guys.  If I could, I would take them all home and make them happy and safe. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Jose, I hope things turn out ok for Theo. 

Merry Christmas & happy holidays to all. 

A friend got me a “find the cat” book for Christmas one year. Good practice, as I was perusing that pic like a pro!
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,274
    Folks thanks for the kind words for Theo! She’s home with antibiotic, X-ray was clear blood work too so all good! Last night she still was 104 but this morning it was normal 102.3 and she drank water no food, she’s been up a bit but not herself yet.
    she’s an in/out cat so we have to keep her in for a week Vets orders..just happy her fever broke 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    Folks thanks for the kind words for Theo! She’s home with antibiotic, X-ray was clear blood work too so all good! Last night she still was 104 but this morning it was normal 102.3 and she drank water no food, she’s been up a bit but not herself yet.
    she’s an in/out cat so we have to keep her in for a week Vets orders..just happy her fever broke 
    Glad to hear Theo is doing better!
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,274
    Glad to hear Theo is doing better!
    Gracias 🙏 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Great news!!
    Theo getting better is a sweet gift :)

I love that! I showed my husband and he said, “Why would you microwave a cat?” :lol:
    Juni got an avocado for Xmas. 😂
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
    An avocado with arms? That’s just crazy talk!
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475

Happy New Year, folks.

Great shot. Happy new year, Merk. 

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,819
    hedonist said:

awwww!

I think i'm ready to adopt and get another cat (or two) now. I'm probablt gonna check out Cat Angel Network at the PetSmart near me this weekend. That is where I got Willow and Kali from. They have cat  "adoptionathons" on the weekends.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    hedonist said:

awwww!

I think i'm ready to adopt and get another cat (or two) now. I'm probablt gonna check out Cat Angel Network at the PetSmart near me this weekend. That is where I got Willow and Kali from. They have cat  "adoptionathons" on the weekends.

Good on ya! You know you’ll just know. They will too. 

By the way, we adopted George from a PetSmart too :)

hedonist said:

awwww!

That is great. Keep us posted. 
    hedonist said:

awwww!

Awesome... our two were bonded, and had to be adopted as a package deal... we were originally looking just for one, and I (to my wife's surprise) suggested we get two. 

In hindsight I'm so happy we made the decision we did. 
    hedonist said:

awwww!

Awesome... our two were bonded, and had to be adopted as a package deal... we were originally looking just for one, and I (to my wife's surprise) suggested we get two. 

I have always had two cats. I have never adopted two together. However, they usually bond after a few weeks when I bring in the new one. I like having two. I don't feel as guilty when I go away for a few days. I know they have each other.

GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:

awwww!

I have always had two cats. I have never adopted two together. However, they usually bond after a few weeks when I bring in the new one. I like having two. I don't feel as guilty when I go away for a few days. I know they have each other.

That was my reasoning as well, as we often take off for weekends to my in law's. Now that my wife is working from home, they're not alone as much as they used to be, but regardless, we have the best of both worlds... while they are both very affectionate, one's a lap cat who just wants to be comfortable and the tortie is a high energy screw ball with more personality than most humans I've ever met. At the risk of repeating myself, I'm so happy we decided on two. 

Good luck in the search!! 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,819
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:

awwww!

That was my reasoning as well, as we often take off for weekends to my in law's. Now that my wife is working from home, they're not alone as much as they used to be, but regardless, we have the best of both worlds... while they are both very affectionate, one's a lap cat who just wants to be comfortable and the tortie is a high energy screw ball with more personality than most humans I've ever met. At the risk of repeating myself, I'm so happy we decided on two. 

Good luck in the search!! 

I probably won't get two at a time, but you never know. When i first got Willow I made sure that she would get a long with other cats in case I decided on getting a playmate for her. About 6 months later I did in Kali . I did have a third kitten for a few days (she was found in our apartment complex). the weather was kinda bad so i brought her to my apartment and just had her in the bathroom for like a day or two. Willow was fine with her, Kali on the other hand hissed at her and was not happy with another cat in the apt. Willow and Kali got along pretty well. Rarely fought. Willow was more "motherly" towards Kali (licking her and whatnot). So when Willow died I thought about getting another one. But in the end I think Kali didn't want to have another cat in the place.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Is anybody gonna let me in?

I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

That is awesome!!!
    Great Groucho shot!
    dankind said:

Awww! I love this!!
  • Our new kitten Milton wants to play w our other cats but all they do is find him annoying and they swat at each other.

He then likes to pounce on them when they are coming by.  he likes to bother them when they are in a relaxed mode.  He is becoming a bully...  Where is Jackson when I need him?