Options

~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• Options
    This was my introduction to our new rescue kitten Milton. My gf has been wanting to get another cat since Zappa Cat went to Heaven. I told her to go see this cat and bring the carrier just in case. She went back the next day and brought him home. I picked him up and tucked him under the covers w me and he went to sleep on me. This was 2 months ago. 

More cuteness to follow…
    Awesome. 

The night we took home our two rescues, Alice curled up on my lap & dozed off pretty quickly (after exploring the house of course). 

What a great feeling & start to the relationship. 

Congrats on the new addition. 
    TY everyone.  He is 2 handfuls.  He yields to me but nibbles on my GF.  He climbs on my chest just before my alarm goes off and purrs in my ear.  He gets excited when the alarm goes off because he gets his rubs and gets a meal in a few minutes.

creatures of habit.
    It took months for Alice to curl up in my wife's lap, she definitely warmed up to me right away. 

Then one of my buddies came over and she curled up in his lap as soon as he sat down, I figured it was a gender thing. 

Needless to say my wife was bullshit when Alice curled up in a stranger's lap but not my hers after several months.  :D
    HA!  The GF does the same thing when she sees Milton climb on my lap yesterday.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,876
    This was my introduction to our new rescue kitten Milton. My gf has been wanting to get another cat since Zappa Cat went to Heaven. I told her to go see this cat and bring the carrier just in case. She went back the next day and brought him home. I picked him up and tucked him under the covers w me and he went to sleep on me. This was 2 months ago. 

More cuteness to follow…
    Awesome. 

The night we took home our two rescues, Alice curled up on my lap & dozed off pretty quickly (after exploring the house of course). 

TY everyone.  He is 2 handfuls.  He yields to me but nibbles on my GF.  He climbs on my chest just before my alarm goes off and purrs in my ear.  He gets excited when the alarm goes off because he gets his rubs and gets a meal in a few minutes.

creatures of habit.
    At least he waits until just before your alarm goes off. Lately, mine have not given me that consideration. They have been averaging a good hour before my alarm is set to go off. Impatient little things they are :angry:

• Options
    GlowGirl said:

More cuteness to follow…
    Awesome. 

creatures of habit.
    At least he waits until just before your alarm goes off. Lately, mine have not given me that consideration. They have been averaging a good hour before my alarm is set to go off. Impatient little things they are :angry:

One of mine has been creeping on me around 3... that's my fault for getting up @ 4 in the spring & summer to exercise... now that the dark cooler autumn mornings are here the 4 AM workouts are out the window, but somehow Alice didn't get the memo. 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Flea comes into the bedroom as soon as I wake up. She never lays on my lap though; that’s reserved for my husband only :angry:

:lol:
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    A simple trip to the bathtub/shower means no more rude awakenings; at least, it's worked with every cat I've ever had that problem with.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    A simple trip to the bathtub/shower means no more rude awakenings; at least, it's worked with every cat I've ever had that problem with.
    HA!  Will that cure them from jumping on the counter?
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    edited November 2021
    18 years old now. He's earned his fireside rights.

Post edited by eddiec on
  • Options
    eddiec said:

He certainly has. Lucky kitty. My cats would love it if I had a fireplace. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    eddiec said:

He certainly has. Lucky kitty. My cats would love it if I had a fireplace. 
    One of those “women’s” channels runs footage every year around Christmas of cats and kittens and pups frolicking in front of a fireplace. Can’t have that in this condo!
  • Options
    Progression from interest to full-on GIMME :lol:

Man, she is nuts for peacock feathers. 
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    Progression from interest to full-on GIMME :lol:

Man, she is nuts for peacock feathers. 
    That’s great!! She looks all riled up by the end. My cats love those feather toys as well. It keeps their attack skills intact. 
  • Options
    Bought my cat an Advent Calender (?). 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

So cute. One of my cats lets me rub his belly like that. He loves it. The other one, not so much. She won't scratch me if I try, she just runs off.

• Options
    Only thing better than a cat’s exposed belly is a welcoming one 😺
  • Options
    One of these goobers loves the belly rubs, the other just waits on her back like a feline bear trap baiting my hand. 

• Options
    Did you really think that exposed fang would go unnoticed?

That is too damn cute. 
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849

Aww.  So sweet!
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options

These two!!
  • Options
    Sweetness. 
  • Options
    The struggle is real. 

• Options
    The mouth!

Ours had a good tussle today. Out of nowhere, George got up and calmly strolled away.

Silly cats. 
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    The mouth!

Ours had a good tussle today. Out of nowhere, George got up and calmly strolled away.

Silly cats. 
    It's funny how quickly those brawls can end... as quickly as they begin sometimes. 

I particularly love the stare down as they contemplate whether to continue or back away / give up on it. 
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    GlowGirl said:

These two!!

awwww!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:

These two!!

awwww!
    Thanks Dave. This was the day after my booster shot and I was chilling in bed most of the day. They were right there with me. This was too cute to not capture on a photo. By the way, how are you doing?

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

These two!!

awwww!
    Thanks Dave. This was the day after my booster shot and I was chilling in bed most of the day. They were right there with me. This was too cute to not capture on a photo. By the way, how are you doing?

I don't get sick too often, but I remember about 5 years or o ago I had a 24 hour stomach bug and felt like shit. My one cat, Willow, laid next to me in bed all day.

I'm doing ok, still think about my kitties everyday :smile:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    “Guys, it’s not even CLOSE to 5:00”

Post edited by hedonist on
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    “Guys, it’s not even CLOSE to 5:00”

I recognize that stare. My cats have perfected it. Relentless!!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    Our Xmas has hit a bump my daughter & wife had to take our Theo to vet this morning she was not herself at all since last night 6:30 she vomited twice! Got call she’s di hydrated fever of 104 normal for cats is 102, vet said gas stuck or obstruction so they are headed to emergency vet clinic to get some kind of scan to really get answers today! Ughhh merry Christmas to all the kitties out in the PJ world 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    I hope Theo will be okay! I’ve heard that this time of year is typically busy for vets and our little friends who are fascinated by tinsel.