~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

The big spoon and the little spoon. 

awwww.  I was thinking of getting Kyra a playmate in the next few months.
    You should. These two are 11 years apart in age but still hang out together constantly. But when I first brought Daisy home Tristan was not happy for a few weeks. But he got over it and they have been bonded ever since. 
    i was looking at adoptable cats where i got Kyra and there is one that seems to be destined to be with me possibly. Her name is Kia and she is also a calico, about the same age and supposedly get along well with other cats. Not sure how Kyra is around other cats though. I think she might be ok, but not 100% sure. I might go and check her out this weekend

Awesome! Keep us posted for sure. 
    I adopted Kia. So far not too bad. She seems sweet. She’s in another room now so Kyra doesn’t do anything. They do know each other is there though. Kyra obviously hissed at her. Here she is.

KIA is gorgeous! 

thank you.

Although i'm not sure if she's adjusting well. When i first got her she seemed fine (although scared). Kyra obviously wasn't too happy at first and hissed and growled at her. But now she seems fine with her. She goes up to Kia but now Kia growls and hisses back at her. They don't really fight fight. Maybe swiped at each other a few times.

Also I rarely see Kia move around. She stays in the same spot for hours. I also rarely see her eat except sometimes if i bring the food to her. She was a feral cat before and the fosters who trapped her said she had multiple litters of kittens. They also said she became more social and let people pet her. Doesn't like to be held though. I am able to pet her although a few days ago she hissed and growled at me a few times.

There is a two week "trial run" and while I would love to see it work out i'm not 100% sure.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,803
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

You should. These two are 11 years apart in age but still hang out together constantly. But when I first brought Daisy home Tristan was not happy for a few weeks. But he got over it and they have been bonded ever since. 
    i was looking at adoptable cats where i got Kyra and there is one that seems to be destined to be with me possibly. Her name is Kia and she is also a calico, about the same age and supposedly get along well with other cats. Not sure how Kyra is around other cats though. I think she might be ok, but not 100% sure. I might go and check her out this weekend

I adopted Kia. So far not too bad. She seems sweet. She’s in another room now so Kyra doesn’t do anything. They do know each other is there though. Kyra obviously hissed at her. Here she is.

KIA is gorgeous! 

thank you.

Although i'm not sure if she's adjusting well. When i first got her she seemed fine (although scared). Kyra obviously wasn't too happy at first and hissed and growled at her. But now she seems fine with her. She goes up to Kia but now Kia growls and hisses back at her. They don't really fight fight. Maybe swiped at each other a few times.

Also I rarely see Kia move around. She stays in the same spot for hours. I also rarely see her eat except sometimes if i bring the food to her. She was a feral cat before and the fosters who trapped her said she had multiple litters of kittens. They also said she became more social and let people pet her. Doesn't like to be held though. I am able to pet her although a few days ago she hissed and growled at me a few times.

There is a two week "trial run" and while I would love to see it work out i'm not 100% sure.

Give KIA some time. 
    She will figure it out.
    Soon enough she will be laying on your lap and purring. 

Took my cat Pancakes, also a feral, a good 4 weeks to finally come out of the basement. He wouldn't eat much either. Now the fat slob is king of the house, weighs about 125lbs, takes up more room on the bed than I do. And I wouldn't have it any other way.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,883
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

KIA is gorgeous! 

thank you.

Give KIA some time. 
    She will figure it out.

Took my cat Pancakes, also a feral, a good 4 weeks to finally come out of the basement. He wouldn't eat much either. Now the fat slob is king of the house, weighs about 125lbs, takes up more room on the bed than I do. And I wouldn't have it any other way.
    Agreed. I adopted a kitten who had been traumatized. She hid for 3 weeks. I would hear her eating and using the litter box in the middle of the night. But rarely saw her for those first 3 weeks. One night I was laying on my bed and she jumped on it. I made a move to pet her and she ran back away and hid. But that was the first step. Within a few months she was a total lap cat and would love for me to hold her and play with her. She also became friends with my other cat. I had her for 17 years and still miss her. So, maybe Kia just needs a bit of time. But no judgment if you don’t feel she is a right fit for you or Kyra. If she is not meant to be for you then you will know it. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    Theo my female cat she’s so smart! The other day she comes through their cat door holding her harness in her mouth it had come off she wanted to show it to me, I took it from her and put it back on after adjusting it to fit a bit better..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Theo my female cat she’s so smart! The other day she comes through their cat door holding her harness in her mouth it had come off she wanted to show it to me, I took it from her and put it back on after adjusting it to fit a bit better..

:lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495

• Options
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

KIA is gorgeous! 

thank you.

Give KIA some time. 
    She will figure it out.

Agreed. I adopted a kitten who had been traumatized. She hid for 3 weeks. I would hear her eating and using the litter box in the middle of the night. But rarely saw her for those first 3 weeks. One night I was laying on my bed and she jumped on it. I made a move to pet her and she ran back away and hid. But that was the first step. Within a few months she was a total lap cat and would love for me to hold her and play with her. She also became friends with my other cat. I had her for 17 years and still miss her. So, maybe Kia just needs a bit of time. But no judgment if you don’t feel she is a right fit for you or Kyra. If she is not meant to be for you then you will know it. 
    she's slowly coming around. She's fine with me but still a little awry of Kyra. Still growls at her but I think Kyra wants to make friends with her. Just saw the two of them under the bed about a foot apart from each other so that's a good sign. Then again earlier today Kyra chased Kia.

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

Congrats. She is beautiful. Look at those big green eyes. Hopefully, they will become friends in a few weeks. It definitely is not instantaneous as you know. When I brought Daisy home I thought Tristan would take to her right away since he was really close with my other cat before she died. It didn’t take that long for him to tolerate Daisy. But they didn’t get all curled up together for several weeks. If Kyra seems stressed out about Kia Feliway seems to work. It calms them down. 

Feliway? Never hear of that, will look into it though. I tried seperating them and slowly introduce them but it's kinda hard when you live in a  small one bedroom apartment. Had Kia in the bathroom first then I tried to slowly open the door and she got out. Kyra saw her and luckily just hissed at her. Right now Kia is under the bed and Kyra is in another room on top of the sofa chillin'
    Feliway did not work for our late feral kitson, Leia. But...she was just mad at life all of the time. 

I play meditation music for Juliet. She loves it! 

After having worms (eww) this week, she decided she did not like her food offerings anymore. Had to switch up on flavors. She's back to clearing the bowl and running for the foods machine when it dispenses. 

2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

Congrats. She is beautiful. Look at those big green eyes. Hopefully, they will become friends in a few weeks. It definitely is not instantaneous as you know. When I brought Daisy home I thought Tristan would take to her right away since he was really close with my other cat before she died. It didn’t take that long for him to tolerate Daisy. But they didn’t get all curled up together for several weeks. If Kyra seems stressed out about Kia Feliway seems to work. It calms them down. 

Feliway? Never hear of that, will look into it though. I tried seperating them and slowly introduce them but it's kinda hard when you live in a  small one bedroom apartment. Had Kia in the bathroom first then I tried to slowly open the door and she got out. Kyra saw her and luckily just hissed at her. Right now Kia is under the bed and Kyra is in another room on top of the sofa chillin'
    Feliway did not work for our late feral kitson, Leia. But...she was just mad at life all of the time. 

I play meditation music for Juliet. She loves it! 

After having worms (eww) this week, she decided she did not like her food offerings anymore. Had to switch up on flavors. She's back to clearing the bowl and running for the foods machine when it dispenses. 

It is so frustrating when they won't eat food that they have happily been eating before. My cats only eat wet food, and it sucks to have a case of it, and then they suddenly decide - nope I don't like this one anymore.

Juliet reminds me of my first cat, Indigo. She was all black with big green eyes. I think of all the cats I have had - she was the sweetest.

• Options
    The house is overflowing w/ cat beds & other comfy places to sleep, but they still only want the spot the other one is currently in… the struggle is real. 
  • Options
    The house is overflowing w/ cat beds & other comfy places to sleep, but they still only want the spot the other one is currently in… the struggle is real. 
    Great photo. Mine do that as well sometimes. 
  • Options

Good morning. 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Awesome shots, both of you (or all four of them).
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    Awesome shots, both of you (or all four of them).
    How are George and little Flea doing?
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    GlowGirl said:

Good morning. 
    ❤️
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    GlowGirl said:

Good morning. 
    ❤️

awww. I doubt i'll be seeing that with my two cats anytime soon (or at all). Still not quite getting along. Not fighting but a lot of hissing/growling especially with Kia (don't think she like Kyra too much :tongue:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    GlowGirl said:

Good morning. 
    ❤️

awww. I doubt i'll be seeing that with my two cats anytime soon (or at all). Still not quite getting along. Not fighting but a lot of hissing/growling especially with Kia (don't think she like Kyra too much :tongue:
    You never know. It still has only been a short time. Interestingly, my first two cats were female and they got along well but were never besties. When one passed I got another female and same thing. No hissing or fighting, but not much curling up together. When one of them passed someone who had a lot of experience with cats told me I should get a male cat. They suggested that cats of opposite sexes get along better. They also felt that male cats were more affectionate. So I got my first male cat - Tristan. He is super affectionate but not more so than a few of my female cats have been. However, I have noticed that he was very sweet with both my female cats that he has been with and accepted Daisy really fast after Nico passed. He is the only male cat i have had so I don’t have anything else to go on. But based on this experience I plan to always have one male and one female. 
  • Options
    We’d heard the same about sexes, GG. George took to Beans with no issues and has pretty much welcomed Flea…well, she walks all over him and he won’t stand up for himself 😂

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,018

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Ours watch us on PS2 sometimes. It’s hilarious. 
  • Options
    Note the back paws. And that belly…sigh.

• Options
    hedonist said:
    Note the back paws. And that belly…sigh.

So lady-like. Adorable!!
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,018

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

• Options
    Those are great, jose! I thought the first one was an actual print on the fabric. 
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    Those are great, jose! I thought the first one was an actual print on the fabric. 
    Thanks we keep both in after 4 they are not allowed out till next morning! So they both sit there in afternoon catch the suns rays it makes for perfect silhouette..
  • Options
    George turns 12 today :smiley:

• Options
    Happy birthday, George!

Give him an extra scritch behind the ears for me.

We had to put our Alice down two weeks ago... we think she had a stroke... whatever happened, she wasn't going to recover. She's always had health issues, and we knew she wouldn't reach old age, but we still hoped for more time. She was only 9 or so, we adopted them 6+ years ago. 

She was the sweetest thing on the planet & only wanted to be in your lap or otherwise cuddled up next to you (& food... LOTS of food). It was mostly dudes too... took her months to sit in my wife's lap, but we had a guy in once to do an energy audit & she was in his lap before he could get his computer opened up... little hussy  :D 

The 4:00 AM hour was lonely AF the first few days, as she would routinely snuggle up under my arm in bed before my alarm would go off. Waking up to nothing those first couple of mornings sucked, but that's part of the deal. 

We know we did the right thing, but that doesn't help the void that's there every time I sit or lie down... only time will help that. We also still have Chains, thank goodness... if Alice was our only cat, our house would be a pretty depressing place these last couple of weeks. But our little screwball tortie keeps us entertained.

If heaven exists, Alice is there, & no one is making her get up from their lap. 

• Options
    Oh Merk, I’m so very sorry. Those days and nights after are the absolute toughest. How’s Chains adjusting?

I’ve always thought there’s not much to dislike about having a cat or dog, but saying goodbye to them is always so painful.

You gave her a safe, loving home. And she knew :smile:
  • Options
    Happy birthday, George!

Give him an extra scritch behind the ears for me.

We had to put our Alice down two weeks ago... we think she had a stroke... whatever happened, she wasn't going to recover. She's always had health issues, and we knew she wouldn't reach old age, but we still hoped for more time. She was only 9 or so, we adopted them 6+ years ago. 

She was the sweetest thing on the planet & only wanted to be in your lap or otherwise cuddled up next to you (& food... LOTS of food). It was mostly dudes too... took her months to sit in my wife's lap, but we had a guy in once to do an energy audit & she was in his lap before he could get his computer opened up... little hussy  :D 

The 4:00 AM hour was lonely AF the first few days, as she would routinely snuggle up under my arm in bed before my alarm would go off. Waking up to nothing those first couple of mornings sucked, but that's part of the deal. 

We know we did the right thing, but that doesn't help the void that's there every time I sit or lie down... only time will help that. We also still have Chains, thank goodness... if Alice was our only cat, our house would be a pretty depressing place these last couple of weeks. But our little screwball tortie keeps us entertained.

If heaven exists, Alice is there, & no one is making her get up from their lap. 

Sorry, thoughts are with you
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD