Options

~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:
    When George is drinking water, we call this his “Caesar pose.”

That is so funny. I have never seen a cat lie down to drink water. He does look like someone should be feeling him grapes as he reclines. Cute little guy.
    Little?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    My thoughts precisely! 

Actually, I think his girth contributes to his Caesar-ism. 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,835
    hedonist said:
    My thoughts precisely! 

Actually, I think his girth contributes to his Caesar-ism. 
    Tristan has some girth issues as well. Over the past 4 years I have gotten him down from 18 pounds to just under 14 pounds. The vet thinks he could still lose about two more. There was an episode of King of Queens where Doug said that he used to be called Fatty McButterpants. At that time Tristan was at his heaviest and my ex started calling him that. Once in a while I still catch myself using that nickname on him, especially when he tries to steal Daisy’s food. 
  • Options
    It’s funny, I just don’t have the heart to call him anything like that to his face :lol:

Good on you (and Tristan) for tackling his weight. I just wish that Flea didn’t always horn in on his playtime, this depriving him of it. The boy needs activity!
  • Options

I have been wanting to get this box out of my apartment and into the recycling bin for the past few days. Someone is making me feel guilty about taking away his new favorite place to nap. He gets one more day with it then out it goes. 
  • Options
    Jackson Galaxy mentioned that cardboard (corrugated is preferable) regulates their body heat and makes them feel secure. 
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    We call this one Queen Tubby. :lol:

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    I ❤️ Mama. 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    hedonist said:
    Jackson Galaxy mentioned that cardboard (corrugated is preferable) regulates their body heat and makes them feel secure. 
    You don’t say… 

• Options
    That is one secure-looking (and possibly ornery?) cat =)
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    You don’t say… 

I am glad I am not the only one that has to clean up cardboard shreds.

• Options
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:
    You don’t say… 

I am glad I am not the only one that has to clean up cardboard shreds.

She did that a lot in the 1st year or 2 we had them, the mrs. & I figured it was an anxiety thing as they bounced around a bit between foster homes, before we adopted them; she doesn't do it as much in recent years.

Hedo, she's only ornery when she wants food... or affection... which is all the time.  :D
  • Options
    Good thing I bought a dozen of these :angry:

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,845
    hedonist said:
    Good thing I bought a dozen of these :angry:

wow!  That is one reason why i don't have a "leather" computer chair.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Oh, she’s done a number on that thing. At least it keeps her away from the “good” ones!
  • Options
    They can be destructive. My last couch was leather, and by the time I got a new one that thing was covered in scratches. My cats don't purposely scratch furniture, but just from their jumping on the couch and an occasional wrestling match, it definitely was scratched up. When I got rid of that one and bought the one I have now, I made sure it was not leather. I also selected the fabric that was labeled "pet friendly". Two years on, it has no snags in the fabric at all. So, lesson learned about leather couches.
  • Options

Things that make me go Awww!
  • Options
    Sweetness. Ours do that every so often, though not as snuggly as yours. 
  • Options
    Thought i was gonna have to put down my cat today. Came home from work and she wasn't there "mentally". She's on diabetes and Saturday she seemed fine. Sunday also seemed pretty good except she didn't really eat anything towards the end of the day. Usually when I get home from work she usually meows and greets me. She didn't today, thought she was under the bed or something. Found her in the bathroom just staring at the wall picked her up and when I put her down she was just wandering around  like she had dementia or something. Called my vet and asked if I could bring her in even though i didn't have an appointment, they said yes. They took her blood ad glucose and all that stuff. Apparently her glucose level was really low and that is why she was acting that way. They gave her some glucose gel for her mouth and that seemed to work. They told me to keep an eye out for her to make sure she's eating and all. She seems to be better now, she drank some but hasn't eaten anything yet. So that's a relief I was expecting the worse to be honest. :smile:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Glad it turned out ok, Eerie. 
  • Options
    Me too. So frightening, and heartbreaking to visit those shots.

Good on your vet for taking her unscheduled, and you for being a good parent to her. 
  • Options
    Thought i was gonna have to put down my cat today. Came home from work and she wasn't there "mentally". She's on diabetes and Saturday she seemed fine. Sunday also seemed pretty good except she didn't really eat anything towards the end of the day. Usually when I get home from work she usually meows and greets me. She didn't today, thought she was under the bed or something. Found her in the bathroom just staring at the wall picked her up and when I put her down she was just wandering around  like she had dementia or something. Called my vet and asked if I could bring her in even though i didn't have an appointment, they said yes. They took her blood ad glucose and all that stuff. Apparently her glucose level was really low and that is why she was acting that way. They gave her some glucose gel for her mouth and that seemed to work. They told me to keep an eye out for her to make sure she's eating and all. She seems to be better now, she drank some but hasn't eaten anything yet. So that's a relief I was expecting the worse to be honest. :smile:
    What a relief!! I am glad it was something that the vet could resolve. Did they give you glucose gel to bring home in case it happens again. I think people who are diabetic can also get disoriented if their blood sugar is not properly regulated. I’m sure that was scary. You seem to be on top of it. So, that is great. I hope she starts eating soon, if she hasn’t already. 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. She seems to be a little better. Although I haven't seen her eat recently :disappointed:

I was able to pick up some glucose gel at Walgreens. So that's good.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    not looking to well for kali. She seems a little better. Looks like she has trouble walking and mostly just lies on her side. Looks like she has lost lots of weight. Doesn't eat too often, she is drinking though. I go back to the vet on Saturday for a follow up, but i really don't know how much longer she has. She's getting up there in age at 14 1/2. :disappointed:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    not looking to well for kali. She seems a little better. Looks like she has trouble walking and mostly just lies on her side. Looks like she has lost lots of weight. Doesn't eat too often, she is drinking though. I go back to the vet on Saturday for a follow up, but i really don't know how much longer she has. She's getting up there in age at 14 1/2. :disappointed:
    I’m sorry to hear this. It is always hard when they start to decline. I’ve been through it with a few cats over the years. It never gets easier. Consult with the vet. But you will likely know when it is time. They just let you know. Sending good thoughts to you and Kali. 
  • Options
    Yes, good thoughts from here too. They let us know, and we just know when their life isn’t making them happy anymore.

It hurts, no matter what. 
  • Options
    RIP Kali!

When I cam home from work today, she was on the floor twitching so i called the vet and they told me to come over. While i was waiting for the doctor she passed away. I was expecting to put her down, but it obviously still hurts :cry:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Dave, I am so sorry. I know how you feel. Of course it hurts. You lost a family member. I had a feeling last night when you said she had trouble walking. My last two cats who passed start walking all wobbly (like they were drunk) the day before. From your posts here I know how much you cared about her. I assume that is her photo as your avatar. I can't remember if you have other cats as well. I am sure she had a great life. We are here for you.
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    My condolences Dave I love my pets so much it’s tough when they pass on ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    I didn’t realize till now that Theodora is sticking her tongue out at me 😀
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....