Post your daily workout

Comments

• DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    MEGATRON wrote:
    DonJon wrote:
    Filthy Fifties today.....aint done for about 6 months. Didnt time but was around the 28-30min mark

50 Box jump, 24 inch box
    50 Jumping pull-ups (did these kipped NOT jumped)
    50 Kettlebell swings, 1 pood
    Walking Lunge, 50 steps
    50 Knees to elbows
    50 Push press, 45 pounds
    50 Back extensions
    50 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball
    50 Burpees
    50 Double unders

Fun old workout....one of my favourites

Good to see some more new faces in here.
    Hope you didnt drown Jennytree

Good to hear this is your sorta stuff. People like you are hard to find.

Ive been training Crossfit style for over two years now. LOVE IT and I dont think Ill ever go back to 'normal' gym training. Bores the life out of me. Lots of own body weight, NO breaks

Wall Shot is a wall ball. A full squat with ball on chest. As you come up you 'press' the ball and throw it 6-10 feet up a wall. A bit like a thruster.

this is the kind of stuff im into. never done a wall shot. whats that?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
    it's not my daily workout, but i'm so proud of myself that I'm posting anyway! i recently started jogging....which I've never ever liked doing and have only done once in the past 6 years.... but last night, I needed to clear my head and jogged for 1.5 miles without stopping!! i had no idea that I could do it and felt so good...i think i know why people go for a run now!

my daily workout is regular ol' weights in the gym, squats, situps, etc...

Thats awesome news well done. I agree with your theory too.

Never been a runner here but turned a corner recently.....and Ive found its all in the head
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    [/quote]Good to hear this is your sorta stuff. People like you are hard to find.

Ive been training Crossfit style for over two years now. LOVE IT and I dont think Ill ever go back to 'normal' gym training. Bores the life out of me. Lots of own body weight, NO breaks

Wall Shot is a wall ball. A full squat with ball on chest. As you come up you 'press' the ball and throw it 6-10 feet up a wall. A bit like a thruster.[/quote]

awesome i actually do that. also throw it up from like a granny toss position straight up.

i usually run like 2 miles. do supersets and pilate type core. then do plyo with the medicine ball and just jumping squats and all that..mixing in sprints.
    its awful sometimes but way more fun then just liftin weights.
  • pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Posts: 3,428
    DonJon wrote:
    it's not my daily workout, but i'm so proud of myself that I'm posting anyway! i recently started jogging....which I've never ever liked doing and have only done once in the past 6 years.... but last night, I needed to clear my head and jogged for 1.5 miles without stopping!! i had no idea that I could do it and felt so good...i think i know why people go for a run now!

Never been a runner here but turned a corner recently.....and Ive found its all in the head

Thank you....it was definitely in my head. and now i'm psyched to have something else to add to my gym workout, especially when i can run on the beach. i feel like a whole new Janet :-)
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
    awesome i actually do that. also throw it up from like a granny toss position straight up.

i usually run like 2 miles. do supersets and pilate type core. then do plyo with the medicine ball and just jumping squats and all that..mixing in sprints.
    its awful sometimes but way more fun then just liftin weights.[/quote]

plyo with the medicine ball??? May have to google that one.

Righto I had one of the best workouts Ive had for a long time today.

Admittedly not very high intensity but I pushed through and didnt break for any more than a 10 second walk to the next piece of apparatus.

21 wall balls 10kg (only stopped on #14 on one set)
    15 reverse chin ups (got em all out)
    9 burpees
    400m sprint
    5 sets 29mins 6secs

Get that up ya.

7 of us did it (all full time trainers). I came 3rd for time. Get that up ya! Burpees into the sprint was the hard part. Wall balls was time to get breathing back. Chins are chins

Really happy today. Just kept pushing thru
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Jennytree wrote:
    I've just started in the pool :D I haven't been in a swimming pool since I was about 12, and I've totally forgotten how to swim. There's a pool beside my house that does Aquafit classes, and while I may not lose too much weight from it, it's more to get me started on the track to exercising and getting into a routine! I'm feckin' huge so every little helps, and I really hate walking!

Wish me luck :mrgreen:

Good luck. I think you are on the right track getting into a fitness routine. Once it becomes part of your routine it is much harder to stop. Also as you lose some weight it will be more fun to walk/run or ride a bike. Also keep in mind that weight training/strengthening kicks up your metabolism. I hate it, but I do it - not as regularly as I should though.

Thanks! I have the class again tonight and I'm looking forward to it. I hope this is the beginning of something real good :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    DonJon wrote:

its awful sometimes but way more fun then just liftin weights.

Righto I had one of the best workouts Ive had for a long time today.

Admittedly not very high intensity but I pushed through and didnt break for any more than a 10 second walk to the next piece of apparatus.

21 wall balls 10kg (only stopped on #14 on one set)
    15 reverse chin ups (got em all out)
    9 burpees
    400m sprint
    5 sets 29mins 6secs

Get that up ya.

7 of us did it (all full time trainers). I came 3rd for time. Get that up ya! Burpees into the sprint was the hard part. Wall balls was time to get breathing back. Chins are chins

Really happy today. Just kept pushing thru[/quote]

DJ,
    Do you do all this indoors or outdoors? I love seeing these sets, and I would try them myself but the biggest problem is finding space in gyms in New York and New Jersey. Most studio space is taken by classes or personal trainers working with clients one on one.
    Jw

i meant plyo with mixed in medicine ball tosses.
    i go out to the tennis courts to do plyo and bring the ball with me so i can do both...my english got mixed up 8-)
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,424
    Cant go swimming today....

Because it is another rainy piece of shit November day here in Chicago...............

This weather sux monkey balls.............
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    [/quote]

DJ,
    Do you do all this indoors or outdoors? I love seeing these sets, and I would try them myself but the biggest problem is finding space in gyms in New York and New Jersey. Most studio space is taken by classes or personal trainers working with clients one on one.
    Jw[/quote]

Do it all indoors mate. I train at hours outside of the 'regular' lunch and after work so the gym is no where near max capacity for starters..

Secondly I train/am friends with the majority of trainers so sharing etc is easier and without sounding like a fuckwit (tho it will), most of the trainers (and of course normal punters) dont train crossfit style so when they see you going from burpees straight to the chin bar they generally just move and watch. (expecting you to have a break Id assume).

Its mainly the chin up bar that you sometimes have to wait for coz it has 2 x cables on it too.

Also we have the clock out and people screaming times/number of sets at each other so those steroid fellas down the end that pump out 5 reps bench then break for 5 mins, seem to even move outta the way
    Id just like to give myself a high five for my post and quote ability.

Apologies
    DonJon wrote:

Thank you....it was definitely in my head. and now i'm psyched to have something else to add to my gym workout, especially when i can run on the beach. i feel like a whole new Janet :-)

Ill never have a love affair with it unfortunate to say.

Nothing nicer that a run on the beach Janet then just fall into the water at the end. Keep up the good work.

And hurry the fark up summer
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    DonJon wrote:

phuck yes

i have now gained 8kg since starting gym 3-4 times a week.. :lol: clothes still fit so it's all good..

GUNNNNNS!
    wah
    DonJon wrote:

phuck yes

i have now gained 8kg since starting gym 3-4 times a week.. :lol: clothes still fit so it's all good..

GUNNNNNS!

Muscle mass!?!?!?!

Thats a fair bit isnt it doc??? That being said my old beer gut which is now an 18 pack, woulda been 8kg and now that that is gone Im still exactly the same weight I was when a fat bastard

Where have you been pants? 4 days!!! Don Jon is gonna buy you some celebratory drinks in Dec.....after we go to the gym :)
    10 x 80kg deadlifts
    20 floor wipes 50kg
    10 reverse chins
    500m row

An easy peasy 4 setkis coz its friday.......and we all know what that means for DonJon....beer beeer beeer and a joint
  • JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    I just looked up on youtube what a floor wipe is, not sure if my shoulders could handle the weight on those :shock:
    DonJon wrote:
    DonJon wrote:

phuck yes

GUNNNNNS!

Muscle mass!?!?!?!

Thats a fair bit isnt it doc??? That being said my old beer gut which is now an 18 pack, woulda been 8kg and now that that is gone Im still exactly the same weight I was when a fat bastard

Where have you been pants? 4 days!!! Don Jon is gonna buy you some celebratory drinks in Dec.....after we go to the gym :)

def. muscle mass.. i do too much leg work and so switched to more cardio in the last week, i'll see where i'm at in 4 weeks 'cos yeh - 8kg is a phucking lot!

haha 18 pack - cmon where's the photo?

i've been internetless and in hiding.. and at the gym ;) bring on the drinks!!!! holding you to that!

done nothing all weekend - bought a speed rope to do work at home for days i can't make it to the gym and weekends - love it
    wah
    Well good for you Im stoked to hear.

No internet hey.....thought you'd been a little quiet. No 18 pack here....I drink too many 24 packs to warrant any tummy definition.

Im doing both nights in Adelaide for tour and if (currently posted dates) are anything to go by....Ill stay in Adel for a few nights then head straight to Sydney (skipping Melb)....plenty of beer time.

10 x 50kg push/press
    10 reverse chin ups
    30 squats
    10 incline push ups
    500 row
    4 sets
    Is everyone on holiday or sitting on the couch smoking bongs?

1km run
    100 Jumping Lunges
    100 V Sit Ups

800m run
    80 Kettle Bell Swings (24kg) - man these hurt today
    80 Squats

600m run
    60 pushups
    60 burpees

Goal was 45mins. Done in 44.58 HAhahah......hows that for on purpose?

Burpees are usually a strong point of mine - not today. I was doing them in lots of 7 and 8. By the end I was like a sack of potatoes hitting the floor. And my hearing went the worst Ive ever had it.

DONE!!!!
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Not sitting on the couch although it may come to that. My ankle/shin/whatever is getting worse and worse. I've got to where I can barely walk so finally supposed to get some xrays this week. I am swimming and cycling though, and trying to do some strengthening too.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
    started doin push ups, v sit ups and reverse and regular pull ups as a warm up then running a mile before work. been a couple days and its not so bad now.
    this is a big deal considering i can barely lift my coffee mug when i first wake up
  • ajedigeckoajedigecko Posts: 2,430
    21 mile ride, world trail x2, circuit train
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
    Good work team

RR you poor thing that must be doing your head in - hope for a speedy recovering.

Megatron applause for the morning sessions.....only thing I can do at that time is a surf as the minute you hit the water you are wide awake.

Friday = FRAN
    50kg thrusters
    reverse chins
    Sets 21,15,9

No clock but reckon around 4.45-5. I got all the thrusters out and all the chins (yep even the 21) but did have a 10 or so sec break between sets. A mate did it in 3.40 which is about this speed
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhATxx3vyr4

After that....
    50 Box jumps
    40 sit ups
    30 pushups
    20 jumping lunge
    10 burpees

Beer time
    happy hour.

ive strained an oblique..it is awful. can barely breath. sneezing is near fatal.
    hope its not the old hernia
  • evenflowevenflow Posts: 401
    I started P90X on Monday. I did the yoga-X workout yesterday and today I'm more sore than any of the previous days. That was the first time I've ever done yoga, and I felt like a complete spaz, but I'm going to keep "bringing it" until the end.

Only 86 days to go :cry: .
    It's all about the music...

http://www.myspace.com/christianjame (Music Page)

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/19598996 (Personal Page)
  • ajedigeckoajedigecko Posts: 2,430
    5 mile ride, world trail x2, 26 mile ride.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
    1km run

12 x 80kg deadlifts
    10 dips
    10 burpees
    10 chin ups (wide)
    4 sets

500m run

Boring and easy
    DonJon wrote:
    Is everyone on holiday or sitting on the couch smoking bongs?

hehe

usual 30min circuit... only doing this x4/wk and the change is incredible...
    wah
    Whats the usual 30 min circuit Pantaloons? Dont get to routinie

15 x 50kg clean (man these have to be one of the hardest lifts ever)
    30 squats
    5 sets 21mins - pretty poor

4 x 5 32kg kettle swing (fuck thats heavy - only ever use 24/26kg)

Some core holds, sit ups and stretching
    i mix up the cardio - all good.. i switch between weights and cardio stations.. still enjoying it 4months in!
    wah