Post your daily workout

Comments

• ajedigeckoajedigecko Posts: 2,430
    21 mile ride and world trail x2
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    50 walking lunges
    25 Kettle Bell swings
    50 push press 30kg
    25 box jumps
    50 squats
    25 reverse chins
    25 Knees to Elbows
    25 sit ups
    25 burpees

800m run

25 burpees
    25 sit ups
    25 Knees to Elbows
    25 reverse chins
    50 squats
    25 box jump
    40 push press

MISSION FAILURE!! 50 mins on the nose but missed the last 2 sets plus 10 push press

Im spent and have nothing left
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    DonJon wrote:
    can tell ya now last time i did the test (yr 10 PE?) i didn't get 10 haha! you did damn good!

did you do it alone or with others? i read somewhere with others you're likely to go further.. interesting

gym-ing it 3-4 times a week, choosing stairs instead of lifts, knocking down those bloody slow-walkers in my 15min power walk from the train station to work.. all good!! apparently my ass looks good too ;) hahahahaa

I did it with others (trainers) who got a 15.8 and the other gent (a commando so he had no excuse) got mid 16s. Yeah a group Id agree would help. What would help even more (and you can definity get ready for these things) is when you get to each end, turn and crouch in the sprint position. I just sorta stood sideways then turned and ran on the buzzer. That split second became crucial during the last part where I just couldnt find the 'pace'....mind you I was hurting heavily in the breathing by then. Def could have doen a few more points if I was prepared but Ill leave that till whenever I decide to try again....probably in 5 years.

"stairs not lifts" Love it!!!3-4 is great Im so stoked about what you are doing.

As for your arse, well (and this is coming from the king of arses!) what a wonderful little added bonus but Id have to judge that to confirm your friends estimations :). I doubt you not tho.

I went for a paddle this morning then walked to work on this fine morning. Left the study books at home - day off. Gonna go and for dinner tonight and completely forget about study for a day after my 25 hours on the weekend.

Double thumbs up on the walkers....may have to recruit you to come help me in Chinatown one day

bring it on Chinatown

commando got 16 and you weren't far off that far out DonJon.. you must be fit as fuck :lol:

cheers for the beep test pointer, anymore? i'd love to tackle it in a couple months or so.. :)

cranked it at the gym, had Greek easter yesterday and went crazy :o
    wah
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    increased weights and got a trainer to help me with sit-ups

F*CKED

doing a VO2 max test next week, 'cos i can haha.. should be good
    wah
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Well, I made it through my leg of the River to River Relay on Saturday. 8 team members - 80 miles. Each runner runs 3 segments. I ran #1, #9, and #17 for a total of 10.8 miles or so. #1 and #9 were all on gravel roads - steep hills - 6.6 miles total. I was beat by the time it was over. I ran the first leg fairly fast, but bonked on my 2nd and 3rd segments - really slow! But I finished. My quads were killing me on Sunday, better yesterday, and much better today. My ankles and hips were sore too. Ithink that was because of the gravel - having to balance or stay steady on the uneven surface.

With the completion of that leg I can say I have ran all 80 miles of the River to River Relay. That was my goal 9 years ago after I completed my first time in Relay as a substitute on somebody else's team.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
    increased weights and got a trainer to help me with sit-ups

F*CKED

doing a VO2 max test next week, 'cos i can haha.. should be good

Let me know how you go! Its gonna hurt. I did a 500m row in 1.33 on Monday - that VO tooood me.

Nick got 16.8 in the beep test which is A LOT more than my 15.1. Its about an extra 500m and 1min at FULL sprint. Its exponential. The diff between (say) 8 and 9 compared to between 14 and 15 is substantial.

Monday

500m row 1.33mins

100 walking lunges
    21 reverse chins
    21 sit ups

80 walking lunges
    18 Reverse chins
    18 sit ups

Sets then

500m row 1.45 just to throw me over the edge.

Today
    10 clean & press 30kg
    10 kettle bell swings 26kg
    10 reverse chins
    200m run
    7 sets 39.56mins
    Well, I made it through my leg of the River to River Relay on Saturday. 8 team members - 80 miles. Each runner runs 3 segments. I ran #1, #9, and #17 for a total of 10.8 miles or so. #1 and #9 were all on gravel roads - steep hills - 6.6 miles total. I was beat by the time it was over. I ran the first leg fairly fast, but bonked on my 2nd and 3rd segments - really slow! But I finished. My quads were killing me on Sunday, better yesterday, and much better today. My ankles and hips were sore too. Ithink that was because of the gravel - having to balance or stay steady on the uneven surface.

With the completion of that leg I can say I have ran all 80 miles of the River to River Relay. That was my goal 9 years ago after I completed my first time in Relay as a substitute on somebody else's team.

And I always wondered where you got your name from. Well done on your achievements ( a long term goal for sure!!)

Ive been talked into a 4km fun run on Mothers Day for Breast Cancer. Ive got an exam the day before and then gonna go get smashed afterwards. Run is gonna suck. Whilst I admit 4kms in a walk in the park its gonna suck coz I get so bored I know Ill stop about 2 kms in then berate myself for stopping when there was no need to but for boredom.

May have to park my eyes on some sexy ladies bum to pace me thru :)
    DonJon wrote:
    And I always wondered where you got your name from. Well done on your achievements ( a long term goal for sure!!)

And I live 3 blocks from the Ohio River. Most of my running routes that leave from my house in some way or another run by the river.
    DonJon wrote:
    Ive been talked into a 4km fun run on Mothers Day for Breast Cancer. Ive got an exam the day before and then gonna go get smashed afterwards. Run is gonna suck. Whilst I admit 4kms in a walk in the park its gonna suck coz I get so bored I know Ill stop about 2 kms in then berate myself for stopping when there was no need to but for boredom.

Actually you have the right idea. A way to keep pushing is to get behind somebody that is as fast as you or a bit faster and then say you are going to beat them in the race. And if that person happens to have sexy ladies bum then so be it. :)
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    DonJon wrote:

And I live 3 blocks from the Ohio River. Most of my running routes that leave from my house in some way or another run by the river.
    DonJon wrote:

Actually you have the right idea. A way to keep pushing is to get behind somebody that is as fast as you or a bit faster and then say you are going to beat them in the race. And if that person happens to have sexy ladies bum then so be it. :)
    i run well.. but youre right.
    when i run with my buddy(i think hes 1/2 kenyan)i have to dig deep to hang with his pace and im always twice as sore
    running is so mental
  • ajedigeckoajedigecko Posts: 2,430
    circuit train
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,986
    PX90 Yoga, with a bad knee

Sweating like a fat man.

Havent posted here much (used to post as Jaaamfaan) but have been lurking. I usually weight train, but they closed down my gym in August and it has taken me until now to build a bad ass home/garage gym. I bought the PX90 dvds and upgraded my weight bench, bought a power rack, basically stole a set of 5 - 30# rubber coated dumbbells, and just last month was able to get a leg press/ hack squat and a T-bar row station.

This is the first year in over 8 years that I am not coaching Little League baseball or basketball, so I am getting back on my mountain bike and gonna train my ass off. The only negative is that I had a "sports injury" while tuning in the radio to hear game 3 of the world series. I fell from a rail and blew my knee out and it still aint right and I am afraid to go see the Dr again for fear he will tell me that my plans to take over the world will have to wait until after surgery and recovery.

Oh and I finally figured out what the hell a "burpee" is. I could live without doing too many of those. :o
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
    Howdy Given to... Come in here more often but never hassle my favourite burpees :)

500m row
    15 push ups
    15 elbow raises 24kg
    15 kettle bell swings 24kg
    15 thrusters 24kg
    15 burpees
    3 rounds

30 V sit ups
    cobra holds
    Dirty Fran

21 thrusters 40kg (and I got the whole lot out and my heart has never been elevated so quickly)
    21 reverse chins
    800m row

15 thrusters 40kg
    15 chins
    600m row

9 thrusters
    9 chins
    400m row

Sit ups and holds for 10 mins
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,986
    P90X Legs and Back
    Abripper X

Gonna try for a bike ride later if the weather cooperates.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
    Competed in my first "real" (outdoor) triathlon for this racing season. It was an open water swim in really, really cold water. Because it was only 385 yards I did not wear my wetsuit. When I first got in I thought "I can't do this." But then you kinda get used to it and just do it. Of course, I was as slow as ever on the swim. Then I transitioned to a short bike ride - 5 miles. That allowed me to chase down a few people that got ahead of me on the swim. Then transition to a 2 mile run and I caught a couple of other people although not as many as I thought I would. But I must have done o.k. cuz I got 1st in my age group (females). And yes there was at least two others because they gave away 3rd place and 2nd place trophies too.

My worst mistake was in transition. I took the wrong bike shoes - instead of grabbing my tri shoes with only two velcro straps I grabbed my usual road bike shoes with two velcro straps and a third strap with a ratchet buckle thingy so that took extra time. I took off my hair band for the swim cuz it always comes out anyway. But then I misplaced so when I came out of the water I had to dig around in my tri bucket for another hair band. In such a short tri those are timely mistakes. Plus, I just swim really, really slow. Nor do I swim straight. Instead of making a straight line to the swim exit I kinda did a parenthese line ) - not straight, in other words.

But it was fun. And I got a trophy! No matter how old I get I still love trophies!!
    10 deadlifts 80kg
    10 incline push ups
    10 chins
    10 burpees
    10 V sit ups
    5 rounds

800m run and some core
    10 thrusters 40kg
    15 reverse chins
    20 sit ups
    25 pushups
    4 sets

1.5km run
  • Sumo-style oshi-dashi (or pushout), first thing in the morning after a cup of tea
  • Mind you, some mornings, it's more of a splishy-sploshy. :lol:
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Fins.... that is so, so wrong.... :mrgreen:
    Embarrassing and painful incident last night. I crashed my bike WHILE ON THE TRAINER IN FRONT OF THE TV! My first non-mountain bike crash. Funny now, but not so funny lying on the living room floor with my bike on top of me. Although the weather has warmed up here we have had on and off rain for over one week. Last night I was so tired of worrying about when and where to ride so as to avoid getting caught in the on again and off again showers I said to hell with it and got my trainer out. I set it up and put my bike on it in a hurry. Then I got on it and started pedaling away. After about 15 minutes the left side of the skewer fell out of the trainer bracket and down I went on my left side in the living room floor - oak flooring. My husband was upstairs, heard the loud crash and came racing down stairs. I landed on my wrist (even though I know you are not supposed to I must have put it down instinctually), but not broken - a couple of sore spots but that is all. My husband checked my bike out and I got up. Then he said "are you going outside to ride now?" I said yes and he said "it is easier to dry off than mend a broken bone." So then I rode until the big black cloud got close and made it back before the next down pour.

Too bad there is no video or photos.
    Yes too bad there isnt a video of that. Sounds like a good watch - glad to hear you are ok.

Damn I dont know how you run. I did a 4km fun run on sunday and it was the most unfun thing Ive done. Think I rather do 20 mins of chin ups or burpees. Why am I resigned to the fact Ill never enjoy it.

9 deadlifts 80kg
    15 push ups
    21 box jumps
    400m run
    4 sets

25 mins flat. Disgusting for a monday. Last time (before the stress of my exams last week) I did this in 23 something
    Running - it seems like you ever love it or hate it - no in between.
    i need a good quickness/vertical routine.
    anyone no about that or a good website?
    What do you mean by vertical routine?

50 reverse chin ups
    50 push ups
    100 squats
    3 sets 41.42mins

That hurt today. By set 2 and by about number 20 I was doing only 5-7 chins at a time
    DonJon wrote:
    What do you mean by vertical routine?

50 reverse chin ups
    50 push ups
    100 squats
    3 sets 41.42mins

That hurt today. By set 2 and by about number 20 I was doing only 5-7 chins at a time

increasing vertical jump

i found one though..mainly plyometrics
    Righto Id better google that.

Easy friday

15 reverse chins
    15 push ups
    15 20kg kettle bell swings
    15 situps
    400m run
    3 sets

Bitta stretching after my bruising remedial massage yesterday
    600m run
    9 kettle bell swings 24kg
    15 burpees
    21 reverse chins
    3 sets
    26.21mins

sit ups and stretch
    I did the Memphis in May Olympic Distance Triathlon yesterday: (.9 mile swim - 24 mile bike - 6.2 mile run). I had not trained specifically for this tri so was mostly doing it as a training event. When I finished I was relatively happy with my performance, especially on the run. I did better than I thought I would. However, when I got home last night I checked the results and I was in the bottom third of my age group waaahhhh! Of course, my swimming always sucks no matter how I train. My bike was slower too or else everyone else was faster. I am usually right in the middle of the pack on biking, but a little lower this year. As to running I am usually a little above the median, but this year in the middle or a couple of notches lower. So I was disappointed. I am so competitive. But I am happy that I am able to complete and it was fun despite high wind conditions and cold temps - it did not get above 70 degrees yesterday.

We camped at the triathlon site the night before and got very little sleep. The wind blew very hard and made a lot of noise, and people were out late working on the tri set up and got there very early too. Plus some guy camping must have rolled over on his/her car keys during the night because a car alarm went off and it took a long time for somebody to turn it off.

On the swim - in a small lake - the wind was so strong that it was choppy. I got a little motion sickness at the beginning. Plus they did start times by lottery this year and I had some fast age groups behind me. They beat the crap out of me in the water (because I am so slow and they want to get by fast). I got hit in the stomach and got the breath knocked out of me. Some guy just about pulled my tri shorts off! And I swallowed a lot of that nasty green water due to the waves. But I finished and I guess that is what counts.

On the bike, the wind was again ferocious. I thought the cross winds were going to knock me down. When we turned into the head wind I thought I was going to stop when one especially strong gust hit. Everyone was so glad to get off of the bike, that I heard very little complaining about the hilly run. I didn't complain either. It was better than that miserable bike ride.

So you may be asking why anyone subjects themself to this torture? It may not sound like it, but it is fun.
    Too funny about the car alarm. As much as I think you are nuts I can totally understand your passion....just dont know how you go for sooo long. Awesome effort - that is brilliant stuff. Congrats!!!

40kg cleans
    24 inch box jumps
    Knees to elbows
    250 row (under 1 min)
    5 sets of 21,18,15,12,9

Took me ages today I even turned the clock off much to my partners disgust. I suck dogs ball today.

My grip felt weak and for some reason I kept getting psyched out on the box jumps. Whilst it is very high, Ive used this height for 2 year. Dont know what it was today. Lack of confidence