Post your daily workout

Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
edited September 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
I couldn't find the thread for it. Is it in here somewhere :?:
There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I couldn't find it either.

Time for a squeaky clean start??
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Dont tell me we've lost my beloved thread?!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    ok straight back into it

delayed in getting back on the bike in '09... last night was awful, farkin' hot but i stayed on and sweated a river

:?
    wah
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    today i ran 2 miles in 17 minutes then moved to weight machines. since may of 2008 i've lost 70lbs and that includes gaining muscle and stuff! how you are asking yourself? old fashioned way. eat better and get moving. what i tell everyone is "We all know what not to eat, we just have to not eat it!"

i can't wait for spring so i can get back on my mountain bike... i thinks its going to be a whole new experience.

i still probably have another 20lbs to lose... at 220 now. i've never felt better in my life!
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069
    Just started getting back into a workout routine last week after a six-year hiatus. I'm starting out small so as to not burn myself out. Right now, I'm running a little over a half mile with plans to step it up by this week's end. If it weren't for the hills in my neighborhood, I would most likely be doing better. I'm running that 3x a week and mixing in some heavy aerobic exercises two days a week. I'm not grossly out of shape but am about 25 pounds overweight. So far, I'm enjoying it aside from the stiffness.

Oh, and I guess I should probably say I quit smoking last year so I'm finding running a lot easier than it was when I was exercising before.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Hey Ms. Haiku! Thanks for starting this thread up over here!!! Cheers!

...proceed...
    I love to turn you on
    Oh, and I guess I should probably say I quit smoking last year so I'm finding running a lot easier than it was when I was exercising before.

that's great news, keep it up :)

i did something stupid last night and did my interval work outdoors in farkin 40 degree heat, never again, so much sweat :?
    wah
  • same workout I do everyday...

Run behind a garbage truck, toss about 9-12 tons of garbage on the truck a day, well except Wed that is an easier day.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Walk the dog. That was easy.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I walked the dogs too today, which was and will be my only exercise except for stressing (freudian slip I think. I meant stretching). Won't go into the gory details as I explained it on the old board. I know it gets boring listening to me bitch about my ailments and injuries.

But I hope that by Saturday I am back to normal and can complete a long run! It is supposed to be really cold that day, but I think I would prefer running in 32 degree weather than running 2hours on the treadmill at the gym. I'm not sure I can make myself stay on a treadmill for that length of time.

I haven't actually felt very guilty for not doing anything this week. I just want to get better. I am going to pretend the new year starts on Saturday and just write the last 14 days or so off.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
    3 days straight now of 30 mins cycling, still at the interval work

i'm starting to walk straighter now ;)
    wah
    Im off for a date with 2 of the trainers across the road..

Something tells me Im in for a ball tearer.............report back soon.

Hey RiverRunner are you any better yet??
    Good to see some old regulars in here and also some newbies.

Double thumbs up to Lefty and Porchsitter - good effort!!!!!!

Righto first workout post in my new home and it was a walk in the park compared to what I thought was gonna be on todays agenda

500m row
    20 pushups
    400 run
    20 chin ups (on resistance ropes)
    20 V situps
    5 sets

About 6 mins per set

3x 15 reverse grip chins
    Few planks
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Flat Barbell Bench press, 3x10, at 155, 165, 175 lbs
    Barbell Squats, 3x10, 205 lbs
    Wide Grip Pullups, 3x5
    Seated Calf-raises, 3x10, 125 lbs
    Seated Dumbell Shoulder Presses, 3x10, 40 lbs
    Barbell bent-over rows, 3x10, 85 lbs
    Seated Dumbell bicep curls ("hammers"), 3x10, 25 lbs
    Dips, 3x10
    Pushups, 1 set of 50
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    Ok I'm using this thread to get me back on track. I was waking up and running every morning but the last couple of weeks I've had a hard time getting out of bed. Tonight I'm working out with my personal trainer so I don't feel so bad about it this morning. Tomorrow morning better be the day.
  • Grunge100Grunge100 Posts: 178
    I dont know about anyone else, but winter sucks. I fucking hate it. Anyway, I put about 50 miles on my bicycle windtrainer every week. Come march, I should be back on the road putting in 150 mile/week. Cycling is addictive, somewhat like music :lol:
    Light green to green, dark green, brown..
    Every life is falling down
    Brown to black, it's coming back
    Dies to be part of the ground
    Seed to seedling, root to stem
    Grunge100 wrote:
    I dont know about anyone else, but winter sucks. I fucking hate it. Anyway, I put about 50 miles on my bicycle windtrainer every week. Come march, I should be back on the road putting in 150 mile/week. Cycling is addictive, somewhat like music :lol:

I totally agree with the addictive thing> My brother has been telling me for years I should get on his bike and give it a go.

So finally over christmas I put on his shoes and helmet and went a few kms. Absolutely awesome stuff it was and Im now aiming towards purchasing my first bike or getting a hand me down from bro - although his bike are worth thousands, I should go something basic.

Funnt thing was that as aware of it that I was....I ended up ejecting from the peddles without falling on my head
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I use my treadmill four times a week. Usually I make it more interesing by listening to music on my ipod, but occasionally I watch the old black & white movies on TCM.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    DonJon wrote:
    [Funnt thing was that as aware of it that I was....I ended up ejecting from the peddles without falling on my head

I'm impressed. If you are not used to clipless pedals it can be quite a challenge. I made sure I got my first pair of clipless pedals during the winter when I had my bike on the trainer. That let me get used to them before actually getting out on the road. I have never fallen (knock on wood) on my road bike. Now...... mountain biking that is a different story.

I have to tell a funny story about my husband and his first time on clipless pedals. I talked him into doing it. We went on our first ride. For some reason about 8 miles into a 15 mile road in the country he decided to stop. Still don't know why. I look up ahead and "kerplunk" he goes over - feet in pedals. I start laughing (silently of course). He gets up and starts cussing me for talking him into getting clipless pedals. He then kicks his bike into the ditch. I am still laughing hysterically (silently) as he says that when he gets back home he is taking them off. He didn't take them off, and still uses clipless pedals of course. But it was one of the funniest things I ever saw. I just wish I had a video!
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
    ok approaching my pre-2009 PB, only half a km off :?

contemplating going to a kitchen tea or the Adelaide street circuit on Sunday :o
    wah
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    cardio (running a mile or a cardio workout video of some sorts) then yoga mixed with a lil pilates (not every day though, id say more like three times a week)

My favorite thing to do though for cardio is play a good game of Kickball or ultimate frisbee.. Something that is fun but will keep ya running and active ;) not to mention swimming, surfing and all that good stuff..
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,502
    rought week for the jeagler...new job...loooong commute....yada yada yada.....all ive done is 50 pushups every morning :shock: the jeagler will try to get back into the swing of things starting this weekend. its amazing how just a few days of not going ot the gym can make u feel like a pile of dog poop though :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    DonJon wrote:
    [Funnt thing was that as aware of it that I was....I ended up ejecting from the peddles without falling on my head

I'm impressed. If you are not used to clipless pedals it can be quite a challenge. I made sure I got my first pair of clipless pedals during the winter when I had my bike on the trainer. That let me get used to them before actually getting out on the road. I have never fallen (knock on wood) on my road bike. Now...... mountain biking that is a different story.

I have to tell a funny story about my husband and his first time on clipless pedals. I talked him into doing it. We went on our first ride. For some reason about 8 miles into a 15 mile road in the country he decided to stop. Still don't know why. I look up ahead and "kerplunk" he goes over - feet in pedals. I start laughing (silently of course). He gets up and starts cussing me for talking him into getting clipless pedals. He then kicks his bike into the ditch. I am still laughing hysterically (silently) as he says that when he gets back home he is taking them off. He didn't take them off, and still uses clipless pedals of course. But it was one of the funniest things I ever saw. I just wish I had a video!

Yeah well that so easily could have been me - you start to panic as well which doesnt help

Last summer I was in the carpark at a beach and taking off my wetsuits in between two cars with a mates car door open as a shield towards 30 people standing in front of the car watching the ocean.

As I got the wetsuit down near my knees (with my manhood just hanging out) he decides to start beeping the horn. Everyone turns around (including kids, hot chicks and the elderly), I start panicking , falling into the next car etc .

Funny stuff
    rought week for the jeagler...new job...loooong commute....yada yada yada.....all ive done is 50 pushups every morning :shock: the jeagler will try to get back into the swing of things starting this weekend. its amazing how just a few days of not going ot the gym can make u feel like a pile of dog poop though :lol:

Yeah its not hard to lose it is it.

Why doesnt the Jeagler start running to work :D
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    40 min stationary bike
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    40 min stationary bike

You don't find it boring? I have a stationary bike but don't go on it as much as I used to. When I do I can only stand it for 30 minutes the most.

I like to vary my workout. I do cardio maybe three time, I run on the treadmill or go on the stepper. Other days I do a pilates or yoga workout. Pilates has totally transformed my body, i swear by it.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • This thread is almost as interesting as telling me what you had for breakfast.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    This thread is almost as interesting as telling me what you had for breakfast.

ah, you know you love it!

btw what did you have for breakfast? :D
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
    DonJon wrote:
    [Last summer I was in the carpark at a beach and taking off my wetsuits in between two cars with a mates car door open as a shield towards 30 people standing in front of the car watching the ocean.

As I got the wetsuit down near my knees (with my manhood just hanging out) he decides to start beeping the horn. Everyone turns around (including kids, hot chicks and the elderly), I start panicking , falling into the next car etc .

Funny stuff

Ha! And there is no quick way out of a wetsuit! I guess it could have been worse if you had fallen on the ground. Sounds like you got a good reason to get even with your mate.
  • _Crazy_Mary__Crazy_Mary_ Posts: 1,299
    Today I played squash for an hour. On top of that, I'm sore from chest day yesterday.
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.