Post your daily workout

Comments

• yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    mfc2006 wrote:
    wow, Yoke! 30 lbs in 2 1/2 months?? that's impressive! good job!

thanks, still working on getting lower. I was never heavy but I just lost control in the last year or so. Time to get in control again.

Yeah it wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be(it is hard but worth it). I tell you the big thing was Soda and all. I think that alone I lost 10 pounds.
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    yoke wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    wow, Yoke! 30 lbs in 2 1/2 months?? that's impressive! good job!

thanks, still working on getting lower. I was never heavy but I just lost control in the last year or so. Time to get in control again.

Yeah it wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be(it is hard but worth it). I tell you the big thing was Soda and all. I think that alone I lost 10 pounds.

i agree. i used to be a big fan of diet coke for some reason. i still have one every once in awhile, but mainly stick with water. that & not eating out as much combined with running had the same effect. as soon as i cut the crap out of my diet, it came right off.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Yoke you deserve a massive congratulations!!! I love hearing stories like that and you should be fuckin proud of yourself. Sounds like you treat your body how its meant to be treated. Keep up the good work.

Fran....because its friday

21 thrusters
    21 chins
    15 thrusters
    15 chins
    9 thrusters
    9 chins.
    Didnt use the clock and did 30kg on the thrusters. Reckon it was around the 4 min mark

800m treadmill and a few plank holds

Was meant to be may day off but I snuck out of the office for 30mins
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • scw156scw156 Posts: 442
    I didn't read all the pages in this thread.

Beginners, I suggest you purchase "Starting Strength" 2nd Edition, Mark Rippetoe

It's basic barbell techniques etc. Learn it, love it.

Also, stop eating like pigs :)
    The Sentence Below Is True
    The Sentence Above Is False
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    scw156 wrote:
    Also, stop eating like pigs :)

Oh, but I LOVE food, beer and wine! And let me tell you, the middle age female metabolism really, really sucks! Unless there is a famine, of course! Then I'd die last. :)
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
    2.5km row

400 run
    15 reverse chins
    15 push ups
    10 push press 30kg
    15 ball sit ups
    4 rounds
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    5 weeks into gym! gained 300g and effin proud haha! increased muscle mass fo sho 8-) clothes are looser and my heart rate has improved.. feeling so much better :)
    wah
    Yay Pants thats great to hear...specially noticing the heart rate. Soon your pants may too big to wear

Worked my balls off today and had no more than a 20 sec break on about 3 occasions

Best my endurance has been for a while and I finished only 2mins behind my old trainer

20 burpees
    20 reverse chins
    400m row

5 rounds 32.26mins

First set I did in 4.20. 2nd around high 5's. Set 3 I started my breaks and did 8min. The last two sets were around 7min
    hahaha better not i don't wanna buy new fucking clothes

how the hell do you do that with a 20 sec breather?
    wah
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Monday Lunchtime:
    Barbell Bench Press, 175 lbs, 3x10
    Dumbbell Lunges, 35 lbs each, 3x10
    Pull-ups (using body weight), 3x5
    Standing Calf-raises, 200 lbs, 3x10
    Military Press Machine, 90 lbs, 3x10
    Bent-over Lat Rows, 75 lbs, 3x10
    Bicep curl machine, 70 lbs, 3x10
    Dips (using body weight), 3x10

Monday evening after work:
    30 minute run
    75 push-ups (50 before run & 25 after)
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
    Saturday: Swam 1,750 yards (in the pool)
    Cut & moved storm debris
    Ran 10 miles.

Sunday: cut & moved storm debris - too tired to do much else.

Monday: Swam 1,000 yards (pool)
    Road Ride - 21 miles w/ lots of headwind.

Tuesday: Ran 3.5 miles including 2 miles speed work.
    Plan to go to the gym - we shall see.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
    2km row warmup

12 x 60kg bench press (its been a while)
    12 reverse chins
    8 sets in 30.20....was meant to be under 30

3 x 20 sits up with 10kg medicine ball...30sec break in between

Shoulders are rooted
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    10 pull-ups, 3 sets
    15 push-ups, 3 sets
    20 squats, 3 sets
    25 sit-ups, 3 sets
    30 jumping jacks, 3 sets
    stretch
    15 minute run

4 times a week.

I like to keep it simple. Keep the body moving without over doing it. I'm not trying to loose weight or anything.
    Good to see some new faces in here but whats it doing on page 3?

Went to watch the Aussie Crossfit games on the weekend. 3 mates were in it. Some absolute freaks in there Ill tell you

The first heat was
    10Clean & Press 60kg
    15 dips on the gymnastic rings
    20 kettle bell swings 24kg
    3 sets had to be done in 15mins

The fella that won it (ex SAS although I reckon he's still serving) did his heat in 5.49 minutes. UNBELIEVABLE
    http://www.kirstydunphey.com/success14.html

Second heat
    21-15-9Reps
    Burpee,
    Pull Ups,
    400m Row
    He did in 8.06

Compare that to my fat arse!!!!...today I had close to the best workout Ive ever had.

Sets 21-18-15-12-9 (aka 5 sets)
    Burpees
    kettle bell swings
    600m run
    33.21mins

The first set of burpees (21) I got out in 1min
  • I'm starting this tonight!

http://www.fit-2gether.com/post/2009/03 ... ogram.aspx

I've signed up for the Run for the Cure at the beginning of June as my incentive to keep up with the training! :)
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Going to increase to 20 press ups and 30 situps - 3 sets in a few days i think.

GO ME!!!
    I'm starting this tonight!

I've signed up for the Run for the Cure at the beginning of June as my incentive to keep up with the training! :)

Congrats on starting a training plan and registering for a race. It is addicting and so much fun.
  • ajedigeckoajedigecko Posts: 2,430
    15 mile ride............world trail x2
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • I'm starting this tonight!

Congrats on starting a training plan and registering for a race. It is addicting and so much fun.

Thanks. I'm pretty excited about it. The brisk walk tonight had to be canceled though due to the friggin' snow storm we're experiencing. Looks like my program will have to start tomorrow! :(
  • Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    I exercise my mouse hand.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    ok - so this thread used to be huge on the old pit ... and is on the alt pit too :?

ok, last month started getting right back into daily workouts - no more lazy arse, its too dark/cold/late/early/what the fuck .. :roll:

so this morn, same - 20mins weights, then 40 mins on the cross trainer. wendsday nite ill box for 1/2 hour then 1/2 hour circuit

now - donjon ... your the regular on here - ??? for you - i got this xtrainer last month - my core strength is not too bad, and i didnt think my cardio was either. (i can do that boxing/circuit hour without any trouble.) but this xtrainer has me sweating like ive never seen - like puddles of sweat. ive been doing swaps of 15 up to 23 mph (i think its in miles ... perhaps its kms??) over a song (average about 4 minutes) so i get a slow/fast heartrate ... and im ok with it all - but sweat!!! ive not done a lot of work on one of these before - is this normal???
    impatience is a gift ........
    GDay luv.

Good to hear you are committing big time. Does the cross trainer have arm movement? All I can offer is that its more 'entire' body than just running?!?!? And when boxing your downstairs was not moving as much as it now is on the trainer.!?!?!

All I can think is you are moving 'more' body parts than previously. Either that or you've started drinking the same amount of beer I do. I row 1km to warm up and my face is lathered!

5 burpees
    10 reverse chins
    10 dips
    400m row

5 sets. Easy peasy Japanesy.

Doing a beep test today about 8 of us so this morning was just a warm up. A little nervous about the beep test coz I FUCKIN HATE RUNNING!
  • zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    DonJon wrote:
    GDay luv.

Good to hear you are committing big time. Does the cross trainer have arm movement? All I can offer is that its more 'entire' body than just running?!?!? And when boxing your downstairs was not moving as much as it now is on the trainer.!?!?!

All I can think is you are moving 'more' body parts than previously. Either that or you've started drinking the same amount of beer I do. I row 1km to warm up and my face is lathered!

5 burpees
    10 reverse chins
    10 dips
    400m row

5 sets. Easy peasy Japanesy.

Doing a beep test today about 8 of us so this morning was just a warm up. A little nervous about the beep test coz I FUCKIN HATE RUNNING!

yea its the full body movement
    but, boxing is kick - (so legs too)

ah well - its doing something i guess

so - today, hour long walk already & box/circuit tonight
    impatience is a gift ........
    Yeah too true. Thats all I can put it down to but its definitely not a bad thing. Damn running

Well Dr StellaPants I just did my first beep test to the sound of that monotonous CD and scored a 15.1 which apparentely means Im
    64.36 ml/kg/min

Care to explain that one Miss Academia?

They suck and are so boring. My mate did 15.8 and another trainer 16.5

But I am told that 15 is fantazmagorical score. Considering my pissed mate the other week was telling me Id be lucky to do a 10. DICKHEAD
    21 cleans 20kg dumbell
    21 chins
    21 knees to elbows
    6 sets

Felt like shit today. One of my worst ever
    fuckin a donjon that's 3km in 15 mins yeh? not bad !!!

the rest - don't ask haha

i've been doing gmy for a good 7 weeks now, gained 3kg and dropped many cm's.. i bloody better not need new clothes

feeling GREAT
    wah
    Not too sure about the time but Ive been told the result is pretty high. Up to about 10 was just like a slow jog. The 11s and 12s were a fast jog and once I hit 13.4 (or there abouts) I remember thinking "fuck Id better concentrate here" and from that point it was pretty much head down and sprint.

Oops yep you are correct
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-stage_fitness_test

The first 12 mins was a walk in the park and the last 3.5 to 4 mins were so much quicker and intense. It really catches up with you.

Great to hear your efforts and Im so glad you feel better for it. How many times you training a week?
    can tell ya now last time i did the test (yr 10 PE?) i didn't get 10 haha! you did damn good!

did you do it alone or with others? i read somewhere with others you're likely to go further.. interesting

gym-ing it 3-4 times a week, choosing stairs instead of lifts, knocking down those bloody slow-walkers in my 15min power walk from the train station to work.. all good!! apparently my ass looks good too ;) hahahahaa
    wah
    can tell ya now last time i did the test (yr 10 PE?) i didn't get 10 haha! you did damn good!

did you do it alone or with others? i read somewhere with others you're likely to go further.. interesting

gym-ing it 3-4 times a week, choosing stairs instead of lifts, knocking down those bloody slow-walkers in my 15min power walk from the train station to work.. all good!! apparently my ass looks good too ;) hahahahaa

I did it with others (trainers) who got a 15.8 and the other gent (a commando so he had no excuse) got mid 16s. Yeah a group Id agree would help. What would help even more (and you can definity get ready for these things) is when you get to each end, turn and crouch in the sprint position. I just sorta stood sideways then turned and ran on the buzzer. That split second became crucial during the last part where I just couldnt find the 'pace'....mind you I was hurting heavily in the breathing by then. Def could have doen a few more points if I was prepared but Ill leave that till whenever I decide to try again....probably in 5 years.

"stairs not lifts" Love it!!!3-4 is great Im so stoked about what you are doing.

As for your arse, well (and this is coming from the king of arses!) what a wonderful little added bonus but Id have to judge that to confirm your friends estimations :). I doubt you not tho.

I went for a paddle this morning then walked to work on this fine morning. Left the study books at home - day off. Gonna go and for dinner tonight and completely forget about study for a day after my 25 hours on the weekend.

Double thumbs up on the walkers....may have to recruit you to come help me in Chinatown one day
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    training for a half marathon. ran 4 1/2 miles today. various runs throughout the week, culminating with an 8 mile run Sunday