Post your daily workout

Comments

• RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I ran 7 miles yesterday - very slowly. I am trying to build back my endurance. It was a tough running day though the wind was blowing very hard, and there is a lot of debris still lying around. The State Park in which I usually run was closed to everyone due to "widow makers." Those are loose or hanging limbs that can fall or break loose at any time. I think all of my trail routes in the State Parks and National Forests are closed. :( No telling how long it will be before I am able to trail run again. Oh well.

Today I washed my truck and will wax it before the day is over. Does that count? It is such a beautiful day if I get time I may get out on my bike.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    6 clean & press 60kg
    12 reverse grip chins
    12 dips
    8 burpees
    6 sets 33 mins
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    DonJon wrote:
    6 clean & press 60kg
    12 reverse grip chins
    12 dips
    8 burpees
    6 sets 33 mins

Ohhh baby! You're sooo strong! :P

I'm pretty good at burpees.....did a pretty good one after lunch today! ;) What the hell is a burpee?
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    One of these little bastards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_Dq_NCzj8M
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    DonJon wrote:

Ohhh....so that's what a burpee is! You're fucking crazy!
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    50 reverse grip chins (all kipped)
    50 pushups
    50 sit ups
    50 squats
    2 sets

3 x 10...16kg wood chops (both sides)
    1.5km treadmill
    Page 10! What the heck?

After 3.5 weeks the pool at our gym finally reopened. I swam this morning, but it was hard to get in the groove. Only did 1,000 yards and rested every 250.

I ran 5.0 miles yesterday - a tempo run - and did a bit better than I have been. I really, really need to lose this 10 lbs I gained last November, December, January! I would be much faster!
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
    Disgraceful....page 10!!!

My excuse...benn on holidays

First day back for a week...and feels great to be back

10 x 40kg clean & press - 1 set
    5 reverse chins, 10 pushups, 15 squats - 5 sets

Repeat x 3. Took 29.55.

Last time I did this 6 months ago I only got 2 sets out plus a 3rd clean & press...so this time an extra 25 chins, 50 pushups and 75 squats so Im happy with that
    This new Pit sucks arse. I reckon about 20% of the people that used to post are still here

7 elbow raises 40kg
    7 thrusters 40kg (c*nts)
    7 burpees
    7 suats
    7 V sit ups
    7 reverse chins
    7 dips

7 sets 29.55 mins. Goal was under 30
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Missed all of this week except for today, and only 2 days last week...so I took it easy today.

Barbbell bench press, 3 sets of 10, 165lbs
    Barbbell squats, 3 sets of 10, 185lbs
    Wide-grip hanging pullups, 3 sets of 5 (using full body weight only)
    Seated calf raises, 3 sets of 10, 190lbs
    Dumbbell swivel military press ("Arnold" military press), 3 sets of 10, 25lbs each
    EZ Curlbar seated curls, 3 sets of 10, 45lbs
    Dips, 3 sets of 10 (using full body weight only)

I'll hit the pavement for a 30 minute run tonight.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    DonJon wrote:

Just watching someone do those made me want to throw up. :o
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Friday 2 hour hike with Petey
    Saturday 2 hour hike with Petey
    Sunday 1 hour hike with Petey!
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    on 2nd day of gym

FUCK

that's all i'm saying
    wah
    HELLO PANTABULOUS!!!!! Popped in to see if you were still around. Aint been in here for a couple of weeks...doesnt look like much has changed....there's still fuck all going on in here

Set1
    30 burpees
    30 reverse chin ups
    30 thrusters 32kg
    30 Kettle Bell Swings 28kg
    600m run

Set 2
    20 burpees
    20 reverse chin ups
    20 thrusters 32kg
    20 Kettle Bell Swings 28kg
    600m run

Set 3
    10 burpees
    10 reverse chin ups
    10 thrusters 32kg
    10 Kettle Bell Swings 28kg
    600m run

38.21mins. Dont reckon I could go much quicker at current fitness level. Pretty much stopped for no more than 20 secs here or there plus the walk downstairs to the treadmill took maybe 25-30 secs.

A mate did it in 32mins - he did NOT stop at all and literally jogged to the treadmill so Im convinced this cannot be done any quicker that 30 mins and thats if all the equipment was next to each other.

Burpees and thrusters - my two favourites in the same workout. Cant call the old DonJon a wimp
    holy shit DonJon,.. seriously.. :shock:

the she-men made me do abs work 'til i crawled out the door last week..

still cannot laugh without feeling that wonderful feeling of PAIN

:?
    wah
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    walking, walking and more walking.

does wonders for the body and the mind.
    Nice shirt.
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    DonJon wrote:
    30 Kettle Bell Swings 28kg

I am not swinging any weight towards my private parts!
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    i just killed my shoulders and back at the gym today! it was shoulders and back day. great workout. hour and a half of hard training. feel great!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Nothing but biceps for me today! triceps tomorrow... Chest wed... back and shoulders thurs and arms sat... can't wait to hit it today (stressful day at work)
    This was yesterdays

10 deadlifts 80kg
    10 vertical push ups
    10 dips

9 deadlifts 80kg
    9 vertical push ups
    9 dips

etc
    etc
    down to 1 rep per set

3 x 20 floor wipes 40kg

15 burpees
    15 reverse chins

Tonight Im doing the Bondi to Bronte run along the headland/beach which involves lots of stairs :o
    10 x clean & press (30kg) with a lunge on both feet
    10 x chins
    300m row

6 sets 29.52mins

3 x 1min plank holds with 30 sec break
    how did those stairs go DonJon?

2 weeks at gym, 1 week off 'cos i just got back from holidays.. gonna be farked next week

i've been in 3 mosh pits over a short period so my leg muscles are awesome HA HA
    wah
    No quality work outs for me. I was out of town last week to attend mediation training. The hotel "fitness room" had an eliptical trainer, treadmill, and a spin bike with a saddle the size of a tractor seat! No way was I going to get on that thing - don't need no chafing!

I did walk to and from the training center - a little over 4 miles round trip. I ran in the evening too - but no long runs, and that was about it.

Hubby and I got out our road bikes yesterday for the first time this year and road close to 16 miles. I ran a little over 3 miles after that.

Swam this morning - 1,250 yards - did not feel productive. I had to stop and rest every 250 yards or so. I guess the week plus off did not do me any good.
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    Riverrunner, be the dolphin!

I have no idea what it's like to swim that many yards. If someone asks me, Do you want to go swimming, I reply with Is there a coffee bar in Atlantis?
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    Riverrunner, be the dolphin!

I have no idea what it's like to swim that many yards. If someone asks me, Do you want to go swimming, I reply with Is there a coffee bar in Atlantis?

Ha! That's so funny. If I am a dolphin I am the slowest dolphin in the ocean. Yeah, I can stay on top of the water and I don't worry about drowning, but........... I move forward very slowly. It is very frustrating!

And you would be surprised at how easy it is to swim that far. And by easy I mean easy on your body. It is nothing like running a long distance or lifting weights. Yes, I may be tired after a long, hard swim, but I don't feel like I have beat myself up - like after a long run.

Haiku, how is the running going? Any races that you are planning for?
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    i usually run every other day with the distance increasing throughout the week. on off days, i relax 8-)

example:
    Sun--2.5 miles
    Tues--4.5 miles
    Thurs--5.5 miles
    Sat--7.0 miles

i was never much of a runner until about 5 years ago. but now, with a balanced & (somewhat) healthy diet, i'm in the best shape of my life.

i'm excited to get back into swimming, though. i think it's about time that i make use of Baylor's student facilities. esp. considering how much i have to pay to fund them! 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 wrote:
    i usually run every other day with the distance increasing throughout the week. on off days, i relax 8-)

example:
    Sun--2.5 miles
    Tues--4.5 miles
    Thurs--5.5 miles
    Sat--7.0 miles

i was never much of a runner until about 5 years ago. but now, with a balanced & (somewhat) healthy diet, i'm in the best shape of my life.

i'm excited to get back into swimming, though. i think it's about time that i make use of Baylor's student facilities. esp. considering how much i have to pay to fund them! 8-)

Hey if you have access to a good pool take advantage! When I visit college campus aquatic centers I get jealous. We swim in a pool at our gym with 6 lanes and 5 feet deep at the deepest point. We have to share it with water aerobics folks and pool walkers/runners.
    how did those stairs go DonJon?

2 weeks at gym, 1 week off 'cos i just got back from holidays.. gonna be farked next week

i've been in 3 mosh pits over a short period so my leg muscles are awesome HA HA

Yallow sweet cheeks. Stairs went fine...got a lovely swim after it

Havent logged in here for ages. In fact my password was no longer being accepted for some strange reason. GOOD TO SEE people still working hard.

Ive been training 4 days a week and feeling right on top of my game at the mo. Did my first strength session today and it was so strange to have breaks in between. Felt like I was bludging!!!

Doing the aussie crossfit games too pants. Im in big trouble!!!!!!!!

Got video of a few sessions. Very interesting to watch yourself under duress/stress/pain. A few swear word and lots of sweat and dribble on the floor. Bitta snot out the nose. When I work out how to utilise on computer Ill forward it to you for a laugh

Calf raises and squats in the moshpits hey?? KOL??? How were they?
  • yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    edited March 2009
    First off, I recently lost 30 pounds(since mid Jan) and looking to lose another 30. Here is my workout and eating habits.

I don't drink soda anymore or my favorite drink of all REDBULL. Its moslty water and lipton decaf Iced tea

I eat a lot healther now. A lot of salads, grilled chicken, hard boiled eggs, fish etc.. during the week.

I am a garbage man so this is what I do: Garbage man workout consits of Running, Step Ups and Downs, Lifting, Squatting and Pulling. I do that for about 6 hours a day 5 days a week. My route is about 1500 residential houses on Mon/Thurs and 1700 residential houses Tues/Fri. On Wed we(me and my partner) float around to other areas so its never the same.

Also, I will go out on the weekend and get a nice dinner, doesn't matter what it is. I figure I "workout" everyday and eat very healthy during the week so one night will not bother me. Also, I don't over eat when I go out, I will eat my fill and be done with it. I used to be the type of person that if you stick me in front of a full plate I would clear it no matter what(that all stems from my childhood, I wasn't allowed to leave the dinner table until I cleared my dinner plate). I should note that I am not obese or anything, I gained a lot of weight in the last 12-16 months due to surgeries and being laid up but now is time to change all of that.
    Post edited by yoke on
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    wow, Yoke! 30 lbs in 2 1/2 months?? that's impressive! good job!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com