Post your daily workout

Comments

• RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I BrisK I wrote:
    lol, total beginner starting with 3 sets of 10 press ups and 3 sets of 15 sit ups. Not sure what leg ones i can do and if it's really needed or not :P

If your muscles are sore should you rest a day and let it go down or wait for it to totally heal? Do you not loose the muscle you have built up?

You need to work out all body parts including legs IMO. It is not good to develop and strengthen some muscles and not others.

If you are sore, my uneducated recommendation (I am more of a runner-cyclist than body pump type), but I think you should do some sort of recovery work-out. Maybe on the spin bike or treadmill. Or do some strengthening that focus on other muscle groups.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
    lephty wrote:
    today i signed up for my first half marathon... (Hamptons NY)

then went to the gym and ran 7.3miles in an hour!

Congratulations on signing up. That is great motivation to start that training. Good work-out. You are faster than Iam, but you are probably considerably younger too. Do you have a specific training plan?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    PJaddicted wrote:
    http://www.ncstaff.net/oed/SnowshoeingTheUnder-UsedWinterWorkoutPage.htm

Going out everyday for the next five days. I went last night at dusk....it was great.

Damn I wish I had snow in my backyard

We only get sludge here in Australia. Good article too.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
    I BrisK I wrote:
    lol, total beginner starting with 3 sets of 10 press ups and 3 sets of 15 sit ups. Not sure what leg ones i can do and if it's really needed or not :P

If your muscles are sore should you rest a day and let it go down or wait for it to totally heal? Do you not loose the muscle you have built up?

In your situation I would suggest to rest a day in between. Make sure you stretch well immediately afterwards.

The more your body gets used to it the less you will get sore. I remember the days when Id be in the shower and couldnt even put my hands on my head
  • _Crazy_Mary__Crazy_Mary_ Posts: 1,299
    Today I went downhill skiing with my 4 and 5 year old. Getting their gear from the car to the lift is a workout in itself! Not to mention putting on their boots, coats, goggles and helmets....
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    lephty wrote:
    today i signed up for my first half marathon... (Hamptons NY)

then went to the gym and ran 7.3miles in an hour!

niiiice! when is it?

had a shocking Sat night and woke up crack'o'sparrows Sunday to do some cycling

yup - good cure
    wah
    Today I went downhill skiing with my 4 and 5 year old. Getting their gear from the car to the lift is a workout in itself! Not to mention putting on their boots, coats, goggles and helmets....

You poor thing. YOur post made me laugh.

I used to teach the Milo ski school down in Perisher and the amount of times I wanted to wrap a pole around one of their heads :eek: Kids anywhere from 3 to about 9 or 10......tough stuff
    Everything done for number of reps. 1 min each exercise, 10 sec break in between exercises and 1 min between sets. 5 sets

Sumo Press 25kg - 26,21,15,16,13
    Squats 39, 31, 28, 27, 31
    Push Press 24,19,17,17,22
    Burpees 14,10,13,12,12
    Pushups 29,26,27,22,23
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    wtf is a sumo press?

still just doin my 30 mins on the bike,, even in this heat..

outdoors :shock:
    wah
    T'would be these little things - and my apologies they arent press that I did at all.....they were pulls
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC_eRZW3p2A

I saw the news last night about the temp down your way and had a chuckle.

Are you riding your bike in the pool?
    50 thruster (26kg kettle bell)
    500m run
    50 elbow raises (26kg)
    500m run
    50 kettle bell swings (26kg)
    500m run
    50 V Sit Ups (these were like a holiday)
    500m run
    50 burpees (yep you betcha)
    500m run
  • DonJon wrote:
    T'would be these little things - and my apologies they arent press that I did at all.....they were pulls
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC_eRZW3p2A

I saw the news last night about the temp down your way and had a chuckle.

Are you riding your bike in the pool?

ouuuuuuuuch

funny bastard - nah

i was bang on 2 weeks straight of good work and i haven't been on for 6 days now.. and feeling gross and gluggish

too farkin' hot
    wah
  • Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,200
    Hmmmm.....well how about my daily routine?? hehehe

I get up usually around 11am or so. Have a smoke or 2. Go to work if I have too. And ummm.....smoke some more, and usually don't eat very well.

I think that about covers it!

And to think, I use to be a sprinter on my college track team! :mrgreen:
    Does cutting and hauling limbs count as a workout? I live in the midst of the federal disaster area which includes the southern seven counties of Illinois and all of Kentucky. We have had no power since Tuesday, 1/27/09. Still no power at home. Living with a gas log for over 1800 square feet of house and temps in the 20's F last week. On Tuesday and Wednesday I actually did some strengthening at home and got on the trainer. But on Thursday/Friday/Saturday did nothing but pull and cut limbs, and shovel ice.

I ran yesterday cuz temps got up close to 50F and the sun was out. But my legs were so tired from walking around in sludgy ice and pulling ice covered limbs around that it was not a good workout.

Our gym is still without power so not able to workout there either. I wonder how long it will take for them to re-heat the pool after being without power for so long.

It has been wild living without cell phone service, no electric, no internet, etc. Services gradually coming back on, although some come on and then go off again. It is sad, and I don't think we have gotten much media attention.
    ouuuuuuuuch

funny bastard - nah

i was bang on 2 weeks straight of good work and i haven't been on for 6 days now.. and feeling gross and gluggish

too farkin' hot[/quote]

Thats a pretty good excuse tho pants

15 thrusters (30kg)
    20 pushups
    25 lunges (30kg bar overhead)
    30 sit ups
    5 sets - about 45 mins

RIVERRUNNER - you poor bastard. Hope it all gets back to normal soon. Doesnt sound like a fun occasion at all
  • well.. I get up and walk 6 steps to the bathroom, I hurdle the bathtub..once. I do about 10 towel thrusts on my back, legs, hair etc.. walk down about 20 steps to the kitchen, pour some cereal out, stir the cereal...walk to the garage, get into the car... get out of the car and walk around the hallways at the school I work in a few dozen or more times in the day.

and after work go for a nice hour long walk or bike ride on a beautiful path.
  • Earthgirl wrote:
    well.. I get up and walk 6 steps to the bathroom, I hurdle the bathtub..once. I do about 10 towel thrusts on my back, legs, hair etc.. walk down about 20 steps to the kitchen, pour some cereal out, stir the cereal...walk to the garage, get into the car... get out of the car and walk around the hallways at the school I work in a few dozen or more times in the day.

and after work go for a nice hour long walk or bike ride on a beautiful path.
    i hurdle the bathtub... once......hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Our gym is still without power and closed! :(

I tried to run this morning but only got through two miles. I'm still tired and it was really, really cold with a northwest wind blowing. We still have no power at the house so it is dark - really dark - when I get home from work so I am not too motivated to get on the trainer or do yoga or anything. It is boring enough to sit on the trainer and watch tv. Don't know how much I could do just spinning away in the dark. Plus I would have to take a shower in a cold bathroom afterwards (hot water, but a cold room).
    10 deadlifts 70kg
    10 strict reverse grip chins
    10 pushups
    10 sets
  • still recovering and not motivated..

yup
    wah
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    I went to a gym once about 5 years ago. I was bored after about 10 minutes. I've not been to one since.
    Treadmill - 45 minutes this morning.

My gym is still closed due to loss of power, but I went to another gym owned by the same company that owns the one we go to. They let us use it without the "additional fee" because ours has been closed since last Wednesday. It is a lot newer and nicer than ours, but no pool.
  • Hello everyone! What a great thread! Very motivational!

I work out about 4 times a week- treadclimer 30 mins resistants weights 20min and I throw in about 6-7 laps around the track-
  • Byrnzie wrote:
    I went to a gym once about 5 years ago. I was bored after about 10 minutes. I've not been to one since.
    funnygirl wrote:
    Hello everyone! What a great thread! Very motivational!

hehehehe
    wah
  • Byrnzie wrote:
    funnygirl wrote:
    Hello everyone! What a great thread! Very motivational!

hehehehe

Atleast for some..... :mrgreen:
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    I really should have a daily workout. Thing is, for several years I had poor circulation in one of my legs, which would cause it to swell up around the ankle if I was standing on it too long. So walking and running were out of the question. Well, I finally got the 'incompetent vein' removed last March, and it's been great since. Honestly, I would not have been able to go to Bonnaroo last year if not for that surgery. But I haven't yet developed a daily ritual, and I should, because I could stand to lose 20-30 lbs even though at 6'7" I hide it pretty well. I walk a 1/2 mile from my secret free parking spot to work and back, so that's a start, but that's out of necessity, and it really ain't much. So this year, I'm either going to get a gym membership or start taking long walks around the neighborhood. That is, if it ever stops snowing.
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Yesterday:

Flat barbell benchpress: 3 sets of 10, 165lbs
    Front dumbbell lunges, 3 sets of 10, 35 lbs each dumbbell
    Wide-grip pullups (free-hanging using full body weight), 3 sets of 5
    Seated calf raises: 3 sets of 10, 125 lbs
    "Arnold" dumbbell shoulder presses: 3 sets of 10, 25 lbs each
    Bent-over barbell rows: 3 sets of 10, 65 lbs
    Preacher curls: 3 sets of 10, 65
    Dips (using body weight only): 3 sets of 10
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • NoKNoK Posts: 824
    My favorite thing to do though for cardio is play a good game of Kickball or ultimate frisbee..

Whenever I hear the words "ultimate frisbee" I am reminded of the time I was watching a group of people playing that game going crazy with jumps and flips with the frisbee and then the guy next to me walks up to one of them and tells him "its just a frisbee, mate". Since then I've never been able to watch that game without laughing.

As for the thread, running each day and Aikido although my wrist has been fucked lately.
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    Ultimate Frisbee rules! I worked at camp in NH for two summers when I was 17-18 and the staff would end most days with a game of UF. I miss those days.
  • NoKNoK Posts: 824
    Kenny Olav wrote:
    Ultimate Frisbee rules! I worked at camp in NH for two summers when I was 17-18 and the staff would end most days with a game of UF. I miss those days.

Next tour PJ should put an "ultimate PJ frisbee" on sale. Then all us ten clubbers can play a few games while waiting for the show.