Post your daily workout

Comments

• mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Now that Christmas is over - back to healthy eating....

Even though its freezing outside - I still bundle up and walk for 1 hour.

I'm at the gym 2 to 3 times per week :D
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Flat tire as I left for the gym.... but I still fucking made it! It was a short (40 minute) workout though

Back -

jacking up a car and removing the lug nuts
    wide grip pull ups, reps: 18, 16, 14
    bent over rows, 3 * 10
    back "machine" pull downs 4 * 10 - 12
    seated rows 4 * 10 (then 1 burn out set of 25)
    lat extensions 4 * 8 - 10

Abs -

hanging knee raises 12, 10, 10
    hanging leg raises 25, 20, 18, 15
    behind-the-head rope pull downs 150 lbs, 3 sets of 10
    sit ups - to failure, 3 sets
    oblique twists 2 sets of 10
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • shoulders and triceps

dumbell raises
    arnold presses
    lateral delt raise
    front delt raise
    shrugs/rear delt supersets
    bradford press (these are awesome)

skull crushers
    weighted dips
    behind the head rope extensions
    tricep pushdown with v-bar
    rope pushdown
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    35 mins walk up my hill
    10 squats
    5 lunges each leg :lol: (those fuckers hurt...as do the squats...but lunges kill me)
    Misc ab exercises

My abs have been so sore the last two days.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Anyone ever buy an elliptical machine?
  • 15 minutes of various youtube music videos to random cardio, jumping jacks, squat thrust, running in place, push ups, sit up than super set a total body work 10 excercises (switched daily) 1x25 of each excercise, with no rest in between, than go up in weight by 10 lbs and repeat 1X15 of the same with no rest. Run 1-2 miles every other day.
  • JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    Bump!

Been a while since posting on this thread, will try to do more this year.

Anyway here is how I opened up 2011,with a workout called...20-11!

20-11

20 Power Cleans 115/83

20 Thrusters 95/63

20 Over head Squats 95/63

20 Hang Power Snatches 45/33

20 Push Presses 45/33

20 Burpees

20 Pullups

20 wall ball shots 20/14

20 Toes to bar

20 Box Jumps

20 Pistols
    Took 20:44 to complete.
    Jw
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    Jason P wrote:
    Anyone ever buy an elliptical machine?

Yeah I have one. I find it so hard to use though. I'm in pretty good shape as I keep active and exercise regularly but I still find it really hard to use. My legs get tired after about 5 minutes. I keep trying though, i'm hoping with time it'll get easier.
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    megatron wrote:
    first workout since i broke my heels 4 weeks ago. i'm sore.
    quitting drinking sunday for 30 days to get back in shape. it's night and day results for me with no booze

How'd you manage to break your heel??? :shock: Ouch.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Muay Thai is an awesome workout. Great for physical fitness as well as self-defense.
    I knew it all along, see?
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Ran 3 miles on the treadmill before work.

And so it begins...
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)

And so it begins...
    you go, girl!!!!
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Lizard wrote:

And so it begins...
    you go, girl!!!!
    :lol:;)
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    doing 12oz curls.

i'm ripped
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    Wow, some great workouts listed..
    I havent really been on a daily regime since living in Tahoe. I may have to move back to for that purpose alone..

Ski a couple hours every morning followed by 40 laps in the natural mineral hot springs pool...not everyone is able to pull it off though due to location and other attributes of course.

I called it the 2-40 component.
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    Lizard wrote:
    megatron wrote:
    quitting drinking sunday for 30 days to get back in shape. it's night and day results for me with no booze

i was running some fartleks by a lake downtown and in the midst of a dead sprint i didnt see a small drop off coming. it was only about 5 ft and thought i could just jump and go with it but i was running so fast i couldn't slow down and landed full speed right on the heels. fractured the left and stress fractured the right. pretty awesome.
    i'm an idiot
    but i'm back, and i run on my toes anyways so i don't need no stinkin heels
    megatron wrote:
    Lizard wrote:
    megatron wrote:

i was running some fartleks by a lake downtown and in the midst of a dead sprint i didnt see a small drop off coming. it was only about 5 ft and thought i could just jump and go with it but i was running so fast i couldn't slow down and landed full speed right on the heels. fractured the left and stress fractured the right. pretty awesome.
    i'm an idiot
    but i'm back, and i run on my toes anyways so i don't need no stinkin heels

AAhhhhh!!!!!!! Glad you are on the mend....
  • did "the bear" on Monday... it's a f'ing killer!

Power clean
    front squat
    overhead press
    back squat
    rear overhead press

that is one rep. Do 7 reps. That is one set. Do 5 sets. Puke.

Weight: 95, 95, 115, 115, 135. Last set I didn't do the front squats.

Yesterday: ran 3.5 miles

Today: going back to some isolation weights. Chest, triceps, and abs.
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Hard for me to get motivated right now. We've had really cold weather. I managed to run 12.5 miles on Sunday and the temp was in the 20's. Yesterday morning there was snow and ice on the ground so I willed myself to go to the gym and get on the dreadmill. I managed 4.5 miles but it took every bit of willpower that I had. I am an outside person! This morning I got on the trainer at the house and completed the daily bike program (but I chose a short one - only 45 minutes). Tomorrow morning the temps will be single digits. I wonder if I can make myself go to the gym again.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • The New Year's resolution crowd is already thinning out! :D

A rare combo for me: a back, shoulders and abs workout.

Wide grip pull ups
    Bent over rows
    Seated rows
    Back-iso machine

Lateral raises (6 sets)
    Front raises (6 sets)
    Rear delts
    Shrugs
    Bradford press

250 sit ups
  • JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    This morning, the classic:

"Fran"
    21-15-9
    Thrusters 95 lbs
    Pull-ups

4:21 to complete, PR'd this by well over 90 seconds from previous work.
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    125 pull-ups today..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    The Champ wrote:
    125 pull-ups today..

is that your term for masturbation ?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Jwmcc wrote:
    This morning, the classic:

"Fran"
    21-15-9
    Thrusters 95 lbs
    Pull-ups

4:21 to complete, PR'd this by well over 90 seconds from previous work.

Dude that is a seriously good time for Fran - AWESOME stuff

Training for Crossfit Games at the moment

Did 150 burpees today in 13.55mins - pretty happy
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    30-40 min walks up the hill with jogs on the flat homestretch
    Up to 50 laps now in the pool
    Ab work (really noticing an improvement there!)
    Some squats, lunges etc

Having 1 to 2 days off a week. Been doing that since week or two before Xmas. Feel like I'm toning up which is great!

Thinking I need to step it up though....more jogs, introduce some weights maybe....need more work on my legs and butt....more everything really. I'm getting pretty tiny....but I want to see faster improvement. :x

Oh! And five weeks off drinking and smoking!

Hey DonJon! :wave:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,955
    Serious question here - any P90X'ers here? I'm not a fan of infomercials, but I hear nothing but good things about this, and that even makes me more hesitant.
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    1,600 yds in the pool today - 64 lengths.

Plan on doing 11 mile trail run this weekend - weather looking o.k. for Saturday - will probably have to walk some of the steep hills.

Working on strengthening shins due to past injuries.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,669
    Serious question here - any P90X'ers here? I'm not a fan of infomercials, but I hear nothing but good things about this, and that even makes me more hesitant.

yes, yes, 100x yes.

The program is great and it works. I use the workouts for my primary exercise routine at home and it works me much better than anything I could do short of invest in a pricey, knowledgeable personal trainer. I was training for and running 1/2 marathons and doing some p90x got me in much, much better shape very quickly.

The most important thing for any program is the diet though.... its about 90% of the importance, so you would want to follow the p90x diet as close as you can.

As far as equipment, it could be very minimal. You can get away with resistance bands and that is it. a pull up bar that fits in a doorway is nice, a yoga mat, yoga block(s), push-up bars,and weighted gloves are all helpful things, not necessarily required that you can get over time. I have an adjustable dumbbell set which is gold for this program.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,955
    MayDay10 wrote:

yes, yes, 100x yes.

The program is great and it works. I use the workouts for my primary exercise routine at home and it works me much better than anything I could do short of invest in a pricey, knowledgeable personal trainer. I was training for and running 1/2 marathons and doing some p90x got me in much, much better shape very quickly.

The most important thing for any program is the diet though.... its about 90% of the importance, so you would want to follow the p90x diet as close as you can.

As far as equipment, it could be very minimal. You can get away with resistance bands and that is it. a pull up bar that fits in a doorway is nice, a yoga mat, yoga block(s), push-up bars,and weighted gloves are all helpful things, not necessarily required that you can get over time. I have an adjustable dumbbell set which is gold for this program.

Awesome. Thanks. I just have a few questions to ask, so I sent you a PM.
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063

I did the program minus the diet part..eat sensibly--lots of protein and watch the carbs, especially in the evening. No real secret though...it requires you to train intensely 1 hour per day 6 times per week...so inevitably a routine like that will improve your fitness level...the plyometrics disc I still use no doubt..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'