machine rows
    shrugs

Abs:
    crunches
    machine crunches
    Oblique sit ups
    seated knee ups

Tonight: 3.5 mile jog
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Chest:
    Bench press, 225*6, 245*5, 255*4, 275*3, 225*10 (wanted to try 315lbs but didn't have a spot... haven't done that for 4 or 5 years)
    Incline bench, 155*8, 175*7, 185*5, 185*5, 135*11
    Dumbell press, 75 - 80 lbs, 8 - 10 reps, 4 sets
    Incline dumbell press, 60 - 65 lbs, 6 - 10 reps, 4 sets
    Cable fly/push up supersets, 3 sets
    Decline press, 1 set of 155 lbs til failure (about 15 reps)

Biceps:
    Bar curls, 80 - 90 lbs, 4 sets of 8
    seated dumbell curls, 35 lbs, 3 sets of 8
    preacher curls, 25 lb plates, 3 sets of 10
    hammer curls, 40 lbs, 3 sets, 6 - 8 reps
    pull ups, 3 sets, 10 - 15 reps
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • After listening to Joe Rogan podcasts about smoking and working out I thought I'd try it. Last night I had a couple rips outta my bong and then went for a 3.5 mile run... that. was. AMAZING! I felt like I could run forever and I was FLYING... averaged 7:15 miles. Then I got a fruit smoothie on the walk home and ended up walking for about an hour and listening to trip-hop and it was almost a religious experience. I think I've found a new "routine."

:D
  • Shoulders:
    Push press 135 *10, 145 *9, 155*8, 155*7
    Arnold press 40*10, 45*8, 45*8, 45*7
    upright rows 3 sets of 80-90 lbs, 8-10 reps
    lateral dumbell raises, 4 sets, 40 lbs, 8-10 reps
    rear dumbell raises, 4 sets, 30 lbs, 8-12 reps
    front cable raise, 4 sets, 70-80 lbs, 8-10 reps
    shrugs, 5 sets, 120lb dumbells, 12-15 reps
    bradford press, 1 set til failure (35 reps)

Abs:
    hanging leg raises, 3 sets 15-16 reps
    hanging (oblique twist) leg raises, 3 sets 12 - 15 reps

Tonight I'm trying the smoke/run regimen again. :D
  • ajedigeckoajedigecko Posts: 2,430
    i have a team in place and could use two more.....we will be involved with "Tough Mudder" Denver Co, June 26th.

if you are interested, send me a message and we can work out the details.

toughmudder.com
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Leg day yesterday... squats, leg press, leg curls, extensions, lunges, calf raises

today is biceps and triceps day...

bar curls
    dumbell curls
    pull ups
    preacher curls
    hammer curls
    skullcrushers
    weighted dips
    narrow grip press
    rope overhead extension
    tricep press

tonight is smoke/walk around the grocery store cardio time. :D
  • still lifting...

Monday - shoulders
    Tuesday - back/abs
    Wed - Legs
    Thursday - Biceps/Triceps
    Friday - Chest/abs

cardio three nights per week. Usually I run anywhere from 2 to 5 miles.
  • Here's my weekly workout:
    Day One:
    Bench Press
    DB Flys
    Skull Crushers
    One-Arm DB Pulls
    Pushups
    Close Grip Bench/ Dips

Day Two:
    Straight Bar Curls
    Preacher Curls
    DB Curls
    Situps
    Wide Grip Preacher Curl or Pullups

Day Three:
    Shrugs
    Military Press
    Corner Straight bar
    DB Squat
    Leg Curls

I've been using this workout for going on three months now, with the aide of multi's, IsoElite thermos, AMP whey and either Jack3d or AMP equivalent, my body-weight went from 160 at the beginning of the year to 141 this morning. Zero soda, sweet tea, minimal fried foods and a beer or two a week. I drink at least a gallon of water a day, and lots of fat-free milk. I've got free weights, db pairs up to 45lbs while using an old GNC 15 in 1 weight bench. Thoughts? Suggestions? What can I add or take out of my work-out. I guess all that really matters is I feel friggin great. I've really trimmed down, my clothes are big, and I fit into jeans I couldn't even think of wearing this time last year.
  • Here's my weekly workout:
    Day One:
    Bench Press
    DB Flys
    Skull Crushers
    One-Arm DB Pulls
    Pushups
    Close Grip Bench/ Dips

Day Two:
    Straight Bar Curls
    Preacher Curls
    DB Curls
    Situps
    Wide Grip Preacher Curl or Pullups

Day Three:
    Shrugs
    Military Press
    Corner Straight bar
    DB Squat
    Leg Curls

I've been using this workout for going on three months now, with the aide of multi's, IsoElite thermos, AMP whey and either Jack3d or AMP equivalent, my body-weight went from 160 at the beginning of the year to 141 this morning. Zero soda, sweet tea, minimal fried foods and a beer or two a week. I drink at least a gallon of water a day, and lots of fat-free milk. I've got free weights, db pairs up to 45lbs while using an old GNC 15 in 1 weight bench. Thoughts? Suggestions? What can I add or take out of my work-out. I guess all that really matters is I feel friggin great. I've really trimmed down, my clothes are big, and I fit into jeans I couldn't even think of wearing this time last year.

that is a good "beginner" workout, I'd suggest moving up to a more "intermediate" workout and doing it four to five days per week instead of three. As far as specific workouts, weights, intensity, etc... it really depends on what your goals are. If your goal is to gain muscle the plan is going to be very different than excersizing to be healthy (and look good but not hugely muscular).

Either way, you should DEFINITELY add cardio to that. It doesn't really matter what it is - jogging, swimming, eliptical, etc - but you need to get your heart rate up for extended periods of time at least twice a week.

edit: the cardio isn't for losing weight (which doesn't seem to be an issue anyway for you) it is just for general health. All kinds of studies show that cardio, done on a regular basis, will do everything from dramatically reduce your chances of a heart attack to eliminate depression and anxiety.
  • Leg day:

SQUATS - 225 * 8, 255 *7, 275 *6, 315 *5, 335 *4, 345*3, 225 * MAX (14 reps, then I about puked)
    one legged squats (step up to bench) - 30 lb dumbells, 3 sets of 10
    leg curls - 4 sets of 8 to 10 reps
    straight leg deadlifts (light weight.... my lower back is f'ed) - 3 sets of 12 - 15.
    standing calf raise machine - 5 sets of 8 - 15 reps
    sitting calf raise machine - 3 sets of 8 - 12 reps

ouch... gonna need to eat a couple pounds of creatine today and get about 12 hours of sleep tonight to repair those muscles.
  • Great info he still stands, thank you! Would you recommend breaking up my workouts into 4 or 5 days? This is the work-out that I've used for many years, when I'm working out. I've always been pleased with the results, but yes it is a beginner workout. I've always done 3 work-outs per week, to give my body time to heal. I'm 36 now so it's not as easy to recover. As far as cardio, I've been thinking of jump-jacks or running around the track a little bit. I work at a hospital and the only time I get to sit is when I'm on lunch-break. So for the most part I'm active.

Question about the creatine, did you have to "load" for it to be effective? I have some but I'm a bit unclear about the load process, if it's necessary.

As far as my goals, I've already lost the weight I've wanted to lose. I've definitely gained muscle, now I want to gain a bit more and maintain. Again I do feel great! :)
  • Great info he still stands, thank you! Would you recommend breaking up my workouts into 4 or 5 days? This is the work-out that I've used for many years, when I'm working out. I've always been pleased with the results, but yes it is a beginner workout. I've always done 3 work-outs per week, to give my body time to heal. I'm 36 now so it's not as easy to recover. As far as cardio, I've been thinking of jump-jacks or running around the track a little bit. I work at a hospital and the only time I get to sit is when I'm on lunch-break. So for the most part I'm active.

Question about the creatine, did you have to "load" for it to be effective? I have some but I'm a bit unclear about the load process, if it's necessary.

As far as my goals, I've already lost the weight I've wanted to lose. I've definitely gained muscle, now I want to gain a bit more and maintain. Again I do feel great! :)

If you want to gain muscle, then I'd suggest lifting 4 times per week (60 minutes each time) and doing cardio 3 times per week (30 - 40 minutes) at a different time of the day, or on days you don't lift. You really need to watch your nutrition if you want to add muscle... 60% of it is nutrition. And you need to eat A LOT, but not junk food. I eat about 150 grams of protein every day and maybe 3000 - 4000 calories. Lots of lean meat, veggies, fruit, healthy carbs (brown rice, quinoa), and the occasional protein bar or shake.

If you've done that same workout for a long time, DEFINITELY switch up your workouts. The new thing in fitness is to "shock" your muscles by doing new things every month or so. Do some research and find some new excersizes that you haven't done before, and make them compound movements (squats, deadlifts, etc). Try some crossfit or just try doing sprints for a few months.... keep switching it up, but keep the basic philosophy of lifting to cardio ratio of 4:3.

Here is a sample routine, this guy's information is all free and as good as information that you pay for:

http://www.scoobysworkshop.com/schedintermediate.htm

Cardio... jumping jacks isn't enough and will get tedious! Try jogging or just a good hike (up hill and down).

As far as creatine, it just for muscle recovery. It helps repair the "microtears" in the muscle that make them sore, so that I can get back in the gym the next day and hit it hard again. It really is only needed if you're an advanced weight lifter and sore every day from lifting hard.
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    Ran around the Washington DC Mall. It was a gorgeous day! Runners out in full force, volleyball players, kickball players, softball players, walkers, kites, it was just a beautiful time to run :)
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • "workout haiku"

seven mile run Sunday night
    tonight I run five
    pumping iron every day
  • he still standshe still stands Posts: 2,835
    everyone still keeping at it? It is almost bikini season!

I'm lifting 5 hours per week and running 2x-3x per week, usually 5 or 7 mile runs.

I've gone for some personal bests on the lifts the last few weeks and (not to toot my own horn) they are;

bench; 335lbs
    squat; 405lbs
    deadlift; 425lbs
    pull ups; 30 (without stopping)
    pushups; 110 (without stopping)

it feels so much better to be in good shape than to be drinking and smoking (cigs) three or four times per week!!! :D:D:D
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    I lost 30 pounds in less than 2 months. Now I'm paying for it. Didn't know losing so much weight so fast is VERY bad for you. Haven't exercised in 3 weeks, I want to, but can't.
    I'll be back
    Shoulder Day

Clean & Jerk; 135*8, 155*8, 185*5, 185*4, 205*1
    Seated dumbell press; 65* 8, 8, 7, 7
    Lateral dumbell raise; 35* 12, 12, 10
    Front dumbell raise; 35* 10, 10, 9
    Rear delt machine/rubberband extension supersets, 3 sets
    Shrugs; 4 sets

and here is the new thing I tried today...

7 sets of seated lateral dumbell raises. 15 lbs. 15 reps per set. no greater than 30 seconds of rest per set... OUCH!!! it hurts so good...

Tonight; 5 mile run
    back and abs today, 5 mile run tonight

fun fact for today;

deadlifts... put on 405 lbs and did FIVE REPS YO! I'd put on more weight but I injured my back a few years ago and I don't want to push it. not to toot my own horn but um... toot toot
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    i am still doing my girlie workouts at least 4 times a week
    but i have tendonitis in my elbow now - toot toot!!! :D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    ugh... yikes... phewww.... :sick: :oops: :wtf:

Leg day today;

squats, 4 sets * 6 - 10 reps (225, 225, 275, 315)
    hack squats, 3 sets * 8 reps (185, 225, 225)
    leg curls, 3 sets * 10 - 12 reps
    leg extensions, 3 sets * 10 - 15 reps
    "step ups" onto a bench w/ 20 dumbells, 3 sets of 10
    standing calf raises, 3 sets * 12 - 15 reps
    seated calf raises, 3 sets * 10 - 15 reps

oy vei
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Surprised to hear The Fixer in my spin class Wed.
    At least I heard 1 good song!! :D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    this has been my routine recently.

Weights (about 60 minute sessions):

Monday - Shoulders/abs
    Tuesdays - Back, biceps, abs
    Wednesday - Legs
    Thursday - Chest, triceps
    Friday - abs and TRX or other type of "crossfit" workout

Cardio

Monday - 3 mile run. ~8 minute miles
    Tuesday - 1 mile run. Sprints; 100m sprint/100m walk for 5 or 6 laps
    Thursday - 5 mile run ~8-9 minute miles

REALLY seeing results now. The owner of the gym I go to said that I should compete in a bodybuilding competition!!! So happy with my lifestyle changes :D ...although I still smoke every now and then :lol:
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    running - plus weights.... :D
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    i go heavy on mainly legs, chest and back on different days and mix in this routine. may look douche but it works. just pick 10 movements and do each for 60 secs with 15 secs in between. it will whoop your ass

http://www.menshealth.com/spartacus/workouts/
    leg day today, mixed it up a bit;

front squats; 3 sets (185, 205, 225) * 8 reps
    back squats; 3 sets (225, 235, 245) * 8 reps
    incline leg press; 3 sets (lotsa weight) * 6 - 8 reps
    leg curls; 3 sets
    leg extensions; 4 sets
    sitting calf raises; 4 sets
    standing calf raises; 4 sets

the front squats KILLED. Haven't done those for years...
    gym or run six times this week, so far :D

down to 6% body fat and lifting more than I ever have before! yippee!
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Played tennis five times this week....just started playing last Sunday....love it.....keen for more this week...such a good workout! :thumbup:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,504
    keen.
    www.myspace.com
  • Random_WookieRandom_Wookie Posts: 1,097
    only been walking about an hour a day, need to get my fat ass back into some real working out
    Rod Laver Arena - Feb 18, 2003
    Rod Laver Arena - Nov 13, 2006
    Adelaide Oval - Nov 17, 2009
    Etihad Stadium - Nov 20, 2009
    BDO Melbourne - Jan 24, 2014
    New York - May 02 - 2016