Post your daily workout

Comments

• shouler presses 4 * 8, 155 - 165 lbs
    arnold shoulder presses, 4 * 8, 45 lbs dumbells
    lateral raises 4 * 10 - 12, 35 lbs dumbells
    front raises 3 * 10, 45 lb plate
    rear delt raises, 3 * 15, 20 lbs
    shrugs, 3 * 12, 225 then about 50 with 90 lb dumbells
    Shoulder "pump" (1 set of 100 standing presses with a 45 lb bar) OUCH.

Abs abs abs for about 20 minutes... sit ups with a plate, pull downs, knee ups, sitting v's... (not sure about the terminology)

Another 5 mile run tonight.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Back, biceps, abs for 60 minutes this morning.

now a 30 minute run.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Now that the weather has started to cool off - back to running again.... natural high - love it.... ;)
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Yesterday:

SQUATS, 4 sets, up to 265 lbs (OUCH)
    Deadlifts, 3 sets, 275 - 315 lbs
    Leg Presses, 4 sets, a ton o' weight
    Lunges, 1 set of 40 then I about puked...
    Leg curls, 3 sets, 110 lbs
    Calf raises, 6 sets

Today:

Chest and triceps... then a 3 mile run tonight (maybe... it's a rainin cats n dogs)
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    swimming my balls off.
    and some weight lifting.

as always
    im crushing my knee
    stuffing it into a small box
    filled with screws and glass
    bone on bone
    grinding down into dust
    feels great
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    chadwick wrote:
    swimming my balls off.
    and some weight lifting.

as always
    im crushing my knee
    bone on bone
    grinding down into dust
    feels great

This should be in the Balls Thread....do they float?
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    swimming my balls off.
    and some weight lifting.

as always
    im crushing my knee
    bone on bone
    grinding down into dust
    feels great

my package floats
    wait.... scratch the floating bit.

my package sinks to the bottom like stone
    quite heavy
    stone tends to be stiff

:mrgreen:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    swimming my balls off.
    and some weight lifting.

as always
    im crushing my knee
    bone on bone
    grinding down into dust
    feels great

The stick floats but the stones don't, just another sign of Waffle's sense of humor.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    Yesterday:

SQUATS, 4 sets, up to 265 lbs (OUCH)
    Deadlifts, 3 sets, 275 - 315 lbs
    Leg Presses, 4 sets, a ton o' weight
    Lunges, 1 set of 40 then I about puked...
    Leg curls, 3 sets, 110 lbs
    Calf raises, 6 sets

Today:

Chest and triceps... then a 3 mile run tonight (maybe... it's a rainin cats n dogs)

jesus dude. that leg work out is pain.
    i do a similar one but less weight cause my back is f'd.
    i'd prob take a day off before i ran :lol:

i never got results from calf raises until i switched it up. now i before i push off i hold for 5 seconds. then when extended i hold for 3 seconds. it's supposed to force your calf to work instead of your achiles slingin all the weight.
    random tidbit..
  • megatron wrote:
    jesus dude. that leg work out is pain.
    i do a similar one but less weight cause my back is f'd.
    i'd prob take a day off before i ran :lol:

i never got results from calf raises until i switched it up. now i before i push off i hold for 5 seconds. then when extended i hold for 3 seconds. it's supposed to force your calf to work instead of your achiles slingin all the weight.
    random tidbit..

My legs are extraordinarily weak by nature so it has taken a long time to get them strong. And I do squats below parallel where my butt is basically sitting on my heels. That is why 4 sets is all I need and I'm DONE.

minus the deadlifts you should be able to do those excersizes with a tender back. If there is disc issues then no... but if you keep all the weight on your heels when doing "push" excersizes (squats, leg press, lunges) then there should be very little strain on the lower back. (edit) when the weight rolls forward and your pushing with your toes then you engage your back more than your glutes and hamstrings.

that's good to know about the calf raises. I'll try that next time. I've got itty bitty bird legs below the knee. It does usually feel like an achilles workout usually when I do calf raises.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Wait a minute. We are supposed to work out daily?????

:?
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Lizard wrote:
    Wait a minute. We are supposed to work out daily?????

:?

haha... I've worked out 7 times this week and once more tomorrow... but then I won't again until Monday. I just don't feel right if I don't get a good pump or a 40 minute run in...
  • does drinking count as exercise?
    Rod Laver Arena - Feb 18, 2003
    Rod Laver Arena - Nov 13, 2006
    Adelaide Oval - Nov 17, 2009
    Etihad Stadium - Nov 20, 2009
    BDO Melbourne - Jan 24, 2014
    New York - May 02 - 2016

Powered by Pearl Jam
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    Tried the Tracy Anderson Cardio II and Mat workouts today. The cardio is complicated choreography. She breaks it all down in a teaching section, which I didn't bother to go through. I just followed along with her as best I could, which probably wasn't very good but I worked up a good sweat. I felt it in my calf muscles. I really liked the arm portion of the mat workout. That section where she makes you keep your arms out doing various rotations killed! I can see that it would help develop long lean muscles. I didn't feel the workout in my legs or abs a whole lot, probably because it was less intense than what I'm used to. The cardio barre workouts kill my legs...maybe cause the lifts are higher and there are more repetitions. I want to see if I feel any soreness tomorrow. I enjoyed it though. I like her goal of making you leaner and less bulky. She's a good spokesperson for that method cause her body rocks.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • back and bi's today, about 40 seconds of rest in between sets. High intensity is where it's at.

wide grip pull ups (lats), 4 sets, about 12 - 15 per set
    bent over rows, 90 lbs, 4 sets 10 reps
    row machine, 155 - 175 lbs, 4 sets 10 reps
    deadlifts, 225 - 315 lbs, 4 sets 6 - 8 reps
    lat extensions, 90 lbs, 3 sets 10 - 12 reps
    standing bar curls, 80 - 90 lbs, 4 sets 8 reps
    sitting dumbbell curls, 25 lbs, 4 sets 10 reps
    preacher curls, 25 plates, 3 sets 8 reps
    hammer curls, 35 lbs, 3 sets 8 reps
    pull ups until failure
    sit ups for 10 minutes or until I puke :oops:

3 mile run tonight.
  • wow I am SORE after yesterday's workout. Oh well... I have Saturday off.... although I do have my 15 month old son every weekend (and Wednesdays) so that can be a workout just keeping up with him :D

Chest, abs, run

Bench, 4 * 10, 8, 7, 6 reps.... 225 - 255 lbs
    Incline bench w/ dumbbells, 4 * 8 reps, 80 - 90 lbs
    Pec fly's (laying on bench), 3 * 10 reps, 45 lbs
    Cable fly's w/ pushup supersets, 3 * 10 reps, 70 lbs and pushups to failure in between each set
    Machine bench, 3 * 8 reps, ? lbs
    Dips, to failure (probably 10 - 15 reps)
    10 minutes of abs (crunch machine, "love handle" machine [what are those called?], hanging leg raises)
    2 minute run in 15 minutes
  • so am I the only one still working out DAILY? :D oh, if the ladies would like to show some progress reports (pictures) that would be nice.
  • this morning, shoulders and abs:

Military Press
    Arnold Press
    Lateral raises w/ dumbbells
    Lateral raise machine
    Front raise w/ dumbbells
    Front raise w/ machine
    Rear delt pulls with a big rubber band :D
    Shrugs

Crunch machine
    Hanging leg raises
    Oblique twist machine

3 mile run tonight.
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    3 mile run tonight on the treadmill. I"m looking forward to it!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Ms. Haiku wrote:

You look forward to that?! An interesting article I read about chronic cardio:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/chronic-cardio/
  • Ms. Haiku wrote:

initial thoughts:

you have to buy the book... that is the first indicator that it is rubbish.
    the people that look the absolute best do aerobic activity with heart rates of 140 - 160 bpm for 30 to 60 minutes... 4 - 5 times per week in addition to anaerobic training.
    I do agree that many people overdo the running and end up looking like pudgy skeletons... weird...
    It is really hard to find time to work out... when I do... I need to get the most out of my time. A walk isn't gonna do it.

And mostly...

Maybe rationalizing a less difficult workout is a good way to sell books to people who are less dedicated to working out?

then again... I'd have to buy the book to find out if I'm right about my assumptions.
  • Ms. Haiku wrote:

initial thoughts:

you have to buy the book... that is the first indicator that it is rubbish.
    the people that look the absolute best do aerobic activity with heart rates of 140 - 160 bpm for 30 to 60 minutes... 4 - 5 times per week in addition to anaerobic training.
    I do agree that many people overdo the running and end up looking like pudgy skeletons... weird...
    It is really hard to find time to work out... when I do... I need to get the most out of my time. A walk isn't gonna do it.

And mostly...

Maybe rationalizing a less difficult workout is a good way to sell books to people who are less dedicated to working out?

then again... I'd have to buy the book to find out if I'm right about my assumptions.

what are you on about?! You don't have to buy any book, he has a book, but he updates his site every single day with free articles. The guy used to be a long distance runner, and is very well researched, have a dig around the archives. He also gives away a free ebook, which is full of interesting stuff - that was to the right hand side of the page I linked to!

Anyway, how you look is mostly to do with diet. As he quite rightly points out, exercising at such high intensity forces your body into glycogen burning and not the intended fat burning. Yes you can burn off calories at that intensity, but you will makes big dents in your precious muscle tissue too.

In terms of getting the most out of your time - surely if your goal is to burn FAT in the shortest time possible, it would make more sense to aim for a diet/exercise regime that maximises your efforts? If you get the diet right, i.e. mantain a lower blood sugar with minimal insulin spikes, something like walking actually can be very effective.
  • well, you won't be burning muscle tissue if you 1) eat enough and eat right, 2) get enough sleep. You definitely don't need 600 g of carbs per day. Bodybuilders do that much cardio and they're sometimes 300 lbs of muscle. That lifestyle is really unhealthy but it is an example that cardio doesn't eat away muscle if you're putting the right food and the right amount into your body.

I don't know about this guy... like you say... but when I try to dig deep into what he is saying it directs me to buying his book. I want to know about his research....

Finally, and most importantly, the critical FLAW of this guy's plan is that he is comparing what we do now for physical activity to our ancient ancestors... hunters and gatherers. WHY? WHY would we want to be as healthy as those who had a life expectancy of 30 freakin' years? Seems like an illogical assumption to me.

And I still think he is rationalizing a less difficult workout for those who don't want to work as hard and so he can sell those people a book. Just my opinion...
    Had a shockingly sore back for over a week now.....too much computer work.....on this thing for 18 hours a day sometimes.....feels like my whole rib cage moves forward and then I get a stabbing pain right around to the middle of my chest which lasts for about 20 seconds.....and also makes me feel like a can't breathe and sends shooting pains up my neck.....so my hour long Tracy Anderson workout/s have been out.....

But the last couple of days I've done some sit ups, arm weights, lunges, squats etc.....10-15 mins.....feels good to do something.

I think it's time to see a physio.
    edited October 2010
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Had a shockingly sore back for over a week now.....too much computer work.....on this thing for 18 hours a day sometimes.....feels like my whole rib cage moves forward and then I get a stabbing pain right around to the middle of my chest which lasts for about 20 seconds.....and also makes me feel like a can't breathe and sends shooting pains up my neck.....so my hour long Tracy Anderson workout/s have been out.....

But the last couple of days I've done some sit ups, arm weights, lunges, squats etc.....10-15 mins.....feels good to do something.

ouch ziggy
    your 18 hr work load on the computer is crazy.
    im on this thing a lot writing but i dont believe 18 hrs worth.

i'll be swimming in about 45 minutes or so.
    greatest thing in the world for me, swimming.
    the warm water instantaneously soothes my broken down ass.
    amazing.

wonderful for my respiratory system, weight loss, and broken down bone fucking.
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    ouch ziggy
    im on this thing a lot writing but i dont believe 18 hrs worth.

i'll be swimming in about 45 minutes or so.
    greatest thing in the world for me, swimming.
    the warm water instantaneous soothes my broken down ass.
    amazing.

wonderful for my respiratory system, weight loss, and broken down bone fucking.

Chadwick, one day you will understand the joy of geothermal soaking. Super-heated water straight out of the earth. Different pools have different naturally occuring chemicals like lithium. Oh man, some of those lithium pools. It'sa whole 'notha level of relaxed, especially mixed with the green and some wine.

chadwick wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

ouch ziggy

I know! I started my day at 8am and it's now 1.30am and I'm still working on the little bastard! :x
    eyedclaar wrote:

Chadwick, one day you will understand the joy of geothermal soaking. Super-heated water straight out of the earth. Different pools have different naturally occuring chemicals like lithium. Oh man, some of those lithium pools. It'sa whole 'notha level of relaxed, especially mixed with the green and some wine.

That's what I need. Take me.
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:

That's what I need. Take me.

I am gonna assume your geothermal pools are poisonous? Anyhoo, I need a long soak right now as well. Instead of going into the backcountry this weekend, I spent three days re-stuccoing and re-painting my house. Ever applied stucco? Holy tedious fucking shit, batman! On the plus side, my shoulders and arms are now strong enough that I could put a griz in a full-nelson.

eyedclaar wrote:
    I am gonna assume your geothermal pools are poisonous? Anyhoo, I need a long soak right now as well. Instead of going into the backcountry this weekend, I spent three days re-stuccoing and re-painting my house. Ever applied stucco? Holy tedious fucking shit, batman! On the plus side, my shoulders and arms are now strong enough that I could put a griz in a full-nelson.

Of course they're fucking poisonous! It's Australia!! ;)

No to the stucco. Yes to photos of your rippling muscley shoulders and arms! :mrgreen: Just to see the effects of the workout on your muscle tone of course. 8-)