Comments

• davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:
    30 mins on the eliptical 6 days a week
    mon wed fri- bi's, tris
    tues, thurs- back shoulders chest

sweat is just your fat crying

Awesome that you're starting a new workout program David, good luck!! :thumbup: What gym are you going to? I ask because I used to go to Xsport and they offered this free bootcamp class leading up to summer that was GREAT...really kicked me into shape. Ask your gym if they have anything like that!

i go to planet fitness. its very cheap and basic- no classes or anything. but, i like it- it has what i need.
    how's the p90x working out? youre on that right?
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    davidtrios wrote:

i go to planet fitness. its very cheap and basic- no classes or anything. but, i like it- it has what i need.
    how's the p90x working out? youre on that right?

oh nice, I heard that place was awesome!! Some kind of no grunting rule there right? :lol:

Yep I LOVE P90X...kicks my ass every night but I still look forward to doing it!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    P90x is definitely a "shortcut" for anyone.

You can accomplish more in 3 months than you could in a year using your own devices or listening to a semi-unqualified "trainer" who merely wants to sell more sessions.

And its cheaper too and you can do it at home.
  • (monday through friday) run 3 miles, do 50-75 push-ups along the way.

Lost 12 pounds so far. :)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    up for the folk preparing for stereos, i mean bdo 8-)

working on supporting my back for a long day of... bdo.

plank city.
    wah
  • My job is my workout. I rarely get to sit down and always walking!! But on the days off its a good solid hour at the gym.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    I am happy to say, I finally get to post in this thread!
    Got a trainer a couple of weeks ago. After two heart attacks and atrophy to most of my entire body from really never working out, I am doing my best.

We worked on upper body this AM including shoulder presses, and other arm exercises (learning the names :lol: )
    I stamina is for shit, including having difficulties with no weight lifts but I shall keep at it. Totally committed and hope to feel better soon.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    Got a trainer a couple of weeks ago. After two heart attacks and atrophy to most of my entire body from really never working out, I am doing my best.

We worked on upper body this AM including shoulder presses, and other arm exercises (learning the names :lol: )
    I stamina is for shit, including having difficulties with no weight lifts but I shall keep at it. Totally committed and hope to feel better soon.

Keep it up, BD!

I don't really have much time for a workout, but I do ride my bike to work and back over the Brooklyn Bridge (or sometimes Manhattan Bridge) every day. And it's at the point now that I actually feel physically terrible if I miss a day of doing so.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157

swim yourself silly, sir
    you will thank me

you don't have to swim laps at first or at all... aquatic exercises are a good hour workout or longer depending on what all you wanna do & for how long

get your trainer to throw you into the pool.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Can't believe I am bumping this thread :lol:

Lot of core exercise, Lower body combined with shoulder work...

And then 30 cardio on the treadmill...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • I am happy to say, I finally get to post in this thread!

:clap: Good for you Adam.

It'll be almost 2 years since I last visited the gym(car accident). I had 6 months of physical therapy but have done nothing since :fp: . I NEED to get there soon & start getting back in some type of shape. Going have to start again from scratch. I know about muscle memory but I think my muscles forgot :problem: . Really gonna have to take it slow first, but it still won't be easy. I'll start today by taking a walk to the beach 8-) .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!