Post your daily workout

Comments

• Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    3 miles on the treadmill.

Happy National Running Day! :)
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    FARTLEKS about 3-4 times a week.

they are everything. getting borderline ripped.

they suck though
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Feel like Ive cheated on my favourite thread by not coming in here daily as I used to.

Hope everyone is training hard

Competed in Crossfit comp in Australia the other week

Workout # 1

As many rounds for time within 10 minutes.....
    5 x 80kg deadlifts
    5 x pushups
    5 x 24 inch box jumps

I got 11 sets out and was pretty stoked. A few guys did 13 and 14 sets.

These are the 'elite' men who did same workout but 120kg deadlifts and then had to do box jumps with 20kg....most of whom are special forces chaps
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWK3Y54NOWA

Workout 2
    100 x 16kg kettle bell snatchs and a 400m run - cant remember my time but finished midfield overall
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • he still standshe still stands Posts: 2,835
    I'm tired of my usual week...

shoulder/abs.... cardio at night
    back/bi's..... cardio at night
    legs/abs
    chest/tri's
    abs/cardio

anyone have good workout ideas?
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,511
    buncha slackers...
    www.myspace.com
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    help me...i need to get back at it....stress level is high and i need it...has anyone done P90X?
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    I miss DonJon :(
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    ZiggyStar wrote:

what happened to that dude?
    www.myspace.com
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    ZiggyStar wrote:

crushed by barbells. deeply disfigured and so now haunts the basements of gyms, wearing a cape and half a hockey mask.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    ZiggyStar wrote:

crushed by barbells. deeply disfigured and so now haunts the basements of gyms, wearing a cape and half a hockey mask.

he's like slimer from ghostbusters but leaves a trail of protein shake
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    Sawyer wrote:
    help me...i need to get back at it....stress level is high and i need it...has anyone done P90X?

Great for conditioning and overall muscle tone.........but there are more effective ways to gain muscle mass though. Depends on what your goals are.
    UpSideDown wrote:
    Sawyer wrote:

Great for conditioning and overall muscle tone.........but there are more effective ways to gain muscle mass though. Depends on what your goals are.

if you wanna spend a couple hundred bucks to work out in your living room gahead..

or you could bang out some push up/pull up/burpee/jump squat type stuff and murder some sprints.
    stress gone
    money still present
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    megatron wrote:
    UpSideDown wrote:
    Sawyer wrote:

if you wanna spend a couple hundred bucks to work out in your living room gahead..

or you could bang out some push up/pull up/burpee/jump squat type stuff and murder some sprints.
    stress gone
    money still present

Well......p90x can be had for like $80 on ebay.......and it does help motivate, keeps you to a routine and offers guidance as well........

But I agree.....once you know what you are doing, p90x really isnt necessary. Ab Ripper X is pretty badass though.
    yea i always make fun of p90x like all that stuff is common knowledge. but of course it's not. it is great if you're in need of direction and committed. i wouldn't mind checkin it out.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,181
    Mon: I have a 45 minute cycling class and 15 minutes of abs the I work on weightlifting woking on chest +arms + shoulders. Wed: same thing legs in weightlifting. Friday: 1 hour cycling class then a yoga class afterwards. After the kids football season cycling up to 40 miles on A1A along the Palm Beaches, Sunday too. :D

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I swim almost everyday. I'm going to have to switch to walking after dinner once it gets a little cooler.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Now that my kids are back in school, I'm starting my routine again.... weights, running, bike - whatever I can squeeze into my morning at the gym. Plus, working out with friends - makes it so much easier... :thumbup:
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    i'm in night school now. work 7-5. class 7-9:45 4 times a week. i'm going to get fat
    Alright....last August 25 I started posting in here and lost a heap of weight before tour which has continued for the past year....I've probably gone down 2.5 dress sizes and I'm now 53 kgs / 116 pounds. I'm 5"1'.

I'm going to New Zealand in 8 weeks for a holiday....and I want to strip any remaining fat and get tight, toned, compact and fit(ter). I'm pretty skinny now so don't really need to lose weight....just replace it with small muscles so I get nice lines of definition. I do not (and I repeat DO NOT) want to bulk. My frame is too small for bulk.

So I'm going to exercise for the entire 8 weeks and see how much of a difference I can make to my body!

I've started jumping rope....done 4 sessions now over 8 days....fuck it's hard....but feels so good.

And I've also started doing random youtube 5 or 10 minute workouts for abs, arms etc -- try to do a couple of different ones a day. I get bored so like to change it up with different videos.

Which leads me to my question....what is the best butt exercise/s?
    squats or lunges....
    www.myspace.com
    Hmmm.....there seems to be various ways to lunge. What's best?

This way (lunging and then going up and down without moving feet):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z05Zv-9 ... re=channel

Or this way (lunging one leg, feet together, next leg, feet together etc):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_RYVmpWDq4

Or is there no difference?
    Squats -- should I being doing the toes forward ones....or toes angled outwards? I'm thinking forward but thought I'd double check.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dvU-oKw ... re=channel
  • and deadlifts! Don't forget the deadlifts
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    and deadlifts! Don't forget the deadlifts

What are they? *runs to youtube*
  • ZiggyStar wrote:

They are great for your butt. Give it really good lift. Good for your back too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hW36j9frZg
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    ZiggyStar wrote:

They are great for your butt. Give it really good lift. Good for your back too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hW36j9frZg

Hmmm....I don't have a bar....and the bulkiness of that chick scares me! :?

Any others?
    And when people say "do lunges and squats to get a good arse", how many are they talking about doing in each session?

Twenty? Fifty? Hundred?
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    YO team whats going down?

Miss this little thread better start getting back in here.

Cut my toe on the rocks in the surf and had to get stitches. Been no running for me for about a month.....lots of rowing and strength work. Lots of beer too - got a nice little tummy :lol::lol:

Feeling pretty out of shape but still getting there 3 days a week

Ziggy yes lunges and squats....even weighted lunges are good. Do say sets on 20 (10 each leg) and do maybe 5-6 sets amongst other stuff. Promise Ill email ya

Yesterday 8mins of pain....2min wallballs/2min 22kg kettlebell swings (alternating 2 sets of each) for number of reps... got 141. Think ive done 200somthing when fit :cry::cry:

Another Crossfit Games in 9 weeks so Id better start ramping it up
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
    DONJON!!!!!!!!!

:clap:
    DonJon wrote:
    Ziggy yes lunges and squats....even weighted lunges are good. Do say sets on 20 (10 each leg) and do maybe 5-6 sets amongst other stuff. Promise Ill email ya

You better email me, fucker! :x Sorry to hear about your foot.

Thanks for the advice ---- 5-6 sets of 10 each leg. (Meanwhile I'll probably die from doing 1 set of 10 on each leg! :lol: haha)

Will jumping rope make me bulky? I've read that it's even better than running/jogging....and a hell of a lot more convenient for me when I get home from work after dark.