Post your daily workout

Comments

• megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    mr.pink wrote:
    I really don't feel my lats at all when I do rows. I know its a pretty standard exercise for lats but I just don't feel it there. So I've stuck to pull-ups (wide grip), lat-cable pull downs behind my back, and a free motion machine that has the hands start out wide and the elbows pull down directly to the lats. And instead of rows I've been throwing in more pull-ups with hands close and palms inside. This time, I'm happier with my lats than I've been since high school. I talked to a trainer about the rows, and he showed me the best form for doing them and where to focus, but I still don't feel as though I'm getting as the pump I'm getting from the other moves.

Anyone here really believe in Rows? or what are you doing for your lats?

i just read an article about lat pull downs behind your head. they actually work your shoulders and back more that your lats. i'd switch to front pull downs for lats. i myself have a problem building lats but i'm working on it. doing the "wood chop" on the cable has helped. and planks on my side...bent over single rows with a hand and knee on the bench help me more than regular rows
  • LauriLauri Posts: 748
    Started working with a trainer again this week. I can't quite pinpoint what makes it always so much more satisfying, fun, and effective. Anyway, today I did more of an upper body work out, but all of the work outs are really full-body. He kept increasing my weight today too. Circuit 1: Kettlebell swings, kneeling pulldowns, hyperextensions. Circuit 2: medicine ball slams, wall squat bicep curls, squats w/overhead press. Circuit 3: step ups with medicine ball throw, lunging tricep rows, Russian twists. Three sets of each, followed by punching. It was a fun work out.
    just finished up a bball league game. still the best workout. sooo tired
  • mr.pinkmr.pink Posts: 362
    mr.pink wrote:
    I really don't feel my lats at all when I do rows. I know its a pretty standard exercise for lats but I just don't feel it there. So I've stuck to pull-ups (wide grip), lat-cable pull downs behind my back, and a free motion machine that has the hands start out wide and the elbows pull down directly to the lats. And instead of rows I've been throwing in more pull-ups with hands close and palms inside. This time, I'm happier with my lats than I've been since high school. I talked to a trainer about the rows, and he showed me the best form for doing them and where to focus, but I still don't feel as though I'm getting as the pump I'm getting from the other moves.

Anyone here really believe in Rows? or what are you doing for your lats?

i just read an article about lat pull downs behind your head. they actually work your shoulders and back more that your lats. i'd switch to front pull downs for lats. i myself have a problem building lats but i'm working on it. doing the "wood chop" on the cable has helped. and planks on my side...bent over single rows with a hand and knee on the bench help me more than regular rows

I can see that for the way behind the head lats that are typically done. But I'm facing the other way on the machine and my posture is straight, so I'm bringing it straight down and holding it at the end, getting a great pump in my lats. I haven't done any "wood chops", but plan to incorporate them into my next 3 weeks of working out.
    Twenty-ten watch it go to fire!!!
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    5 muscle ups
    10 pushups
    25 V sit ups
    600m sprint

5 sets
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499
    I recently joined my wife in her Pilates class...my ribs feel like they have been run over by a truck!
    PJPOWER wrote:
    I recently joined my wife in her Pilates class...my ribs feel like they have been run over by a truck!

Your ribs? are you sure? your bones shouldn't be hurting like that. are you sure it's not the surrounding ab muscles?
  • -Buru--Buru- Posts: 1,292
    I try to walk-run (alternate) for about 10 km each day
    of course if it rains then that does not happen
    and some days I feel lazy so that does not happen as well

I did walk quickly 7km and run 3km today
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

Moving has totally thrown my shedule off. I'm in the first week of my "shock". Doing reps of 20 to 25, much less break between sets. I burn out faster, but it actually feels great.
  • Latissimus Dorsi... easy to hit. Very important too because you're upper body width is vital to looking good, which means you need to hit these and your and your Delts (Shoulders) at least weekly. Keep these muscles big and lean, along with a slim and strong core, and you'll get that hourglass shape.

Pull downs (wide grip). Don't need to do it behind the head, in fact I would suggest you don't. Also, if you're strong enough just do wide grip pull ups! If you don't feel the lats BURNING after 3-4 sets of these... then you're doing it wrong.

Another excersize is the Straight-Arm Pull down. Keep your arms straight, using a cable machine, start with your arms perpendicular to your body, and pull down (keeping your arms straight) until the bar hits your legs.

But really, all you need to do is wide-grip pull ups (or pull downs).
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
    mr.pink wrote:
    Moving has totally thrown my shedule off. I'm in the first week of my "shock". Doing reps of 20 to 25, much less break between sets. I burn out faster, but it actually feels great.

Oh I hate stuff like that- I'm very sensitive to any sort of schedule change. Plus when you move you just want to spend your free time getting everything set up and running errands for stuff you need, etc.

This morning was another work out with the trainer. It didn't seem like it would be hard, but I was dying toward the end! first circuit, if I can remember, was clean/press with the kettlebell, bent over rows, single-arm chest press; second circuit was...this weird thing that I hold a kettlebell up with one hand then kinda squat and twist up toward it, followed by lunges coming up into a bicep curl and a shoulder press while standing on one leg, followed by a squat thust type thing on dumbbells, followed by push ups. Then an ab circut- planks, side planks, and russian twists. Then a super set of squats/jumps and lower back raises.

I think I'm gonna be feeling this at like 4pm. My right abductor is already hurting!
    Good work team and we've got some new faces in here to which is always a good thing ;)

Fran

40kg thrusters
    Wide Grip chins
    Sets 21,15,9

6.45min pretty happy with that considering those thruster just nail me

Did some gut work and ran 2km on the treadmill
    this week has sucked for working out. I'm sick now and can't eat. So frustrating. I'm tempted to work out anyway and try to sweat it out, but I have a fever and my legs ache like a virus.
    mr.pink wrote:
    this week has sucked for working out. I'm sick now and can't eat. So frustrating. I'm tempted to work out anyway and try to sweat it out, but I have a fever and my legs ache like a virus.

oo I don't think it's a good idea to work out when you have a fever...
  • JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    "Jackie"

1000m row
    50 Thrusters (45 lbs)
    30 Pullups

Did it in about 12:45 minutes, wasn't an ideal setup at the gym but wanted a challenge today. The pullups took up as much time as the two prior exercises combined.

After a quick recovery suicide sprints in the studio, 5 sets of 2 reps each, with 20 pushups inbetween each set.

Finally, another 1000m row.
  • Ms. Haiku wrote:
    I'm transferring my running number for the Cherry Blossom run to a co-worker as I have not trained as consistently as I would like to have a good 10 mile race by April 11th. I have to say I wasn't looking forward to walking to the DC metro at 5am, and run a 10-mile race with no family to cheer me on.

I do this every time! This is like the 4th or 5th time, and I don't do it for the same reason. Oh well, one day i will run it.

However, this is still my running year. I'm looking forward to running on the treadmill 5k or 10k consistently for the rest of the year. :)

you should give trail running a try. I too live near D.C. and love hitting the Bull Run trails.

last year I did the bushwacker 10 miler. it's an adventure point to point race. you can follow the trail or use the map given to you and attempt to complete it in less than 10.

this year's race is 9/19

http://www.ex2adventures.com/ar-runs.php
    Jwmcc wrote:
    "Jackie"

1000m row
    50 Thrusters (45 lbs)
    30 Pullups

Did it in about 12:45 minutes, wasn't an ideal setup at the gym but wanted a challenge today. The pullups took up as much time as the two prior exercises combined.

After a quick recovery suicide sprints in the studio, 5 sets of 2 reps each, with 20 pushups inbetween each set.

Finally, another 1000m row.

Thats a really good time for that workout - well done!!!
    The chins after those thrusters just stinks of busted shoulders :lol:

5 x 60kg clean & Press
    10 reverse grip chin ups
    10 burpees
    20 V Sit Ups
    3 rounds

Rowed for about 1.5km
    Two WOD's on Sunday

Beginner WOD
    400m row
    21-15-9
    Body Rows
    Air squats

then

"Cindy"
    5 Pullups
    10 Pushups
    15 air squats

16 rounds in 20 minutes.
  • Today I just want to f'in BREAK something (long story and I don't want to start)...

so...

Bench press 225 lbs x 12 reps, 10 reps, then on the third set I got it stuck on my chest on the 8th rep. :oops: Overall I'm pretty happy with that considering that I'm still soft in the middle like rotted fruit.

Incline bench press 185 x 10, 8, 6

Pec fly's. 3 sets of 15

50 pushups.

Skull crushers, 35 on each side, 3 sets of 12

Dips, 10, 9, 6 (this is where I hit a wall)

Rope pull downs for the triceps... 4 sets of 15 using 60-70 lbs

about 300 sit ups with a medicine ball

Now I'm in so much physical pain I could care less about all the damn drama...
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
    did pull ups last night til i couldn't do them with form.
    made it to 111. switched grips throughout. good times...i think i'm about to be real sore
  • jones wrote:
    made it to 111. switched grips throughout. good times...i think i'm about to be real sore

111 pullups... without stopping? That is Herschel Walker-esque.
  • jones wrote:

insane, way to go.

I was in Santa Monica last week and there was a guy down there clearly in his late 50's or 60's.

But the dude was ripped. He was at the strength station doing pull ups. I have never witnessed a back so muscular in my life.
    Fran 6.53mins

Thruster and Chin Ups
    Sets 21,15,9

3 x 90kg deadlifts

1.5km treadmill
    pull ups all day is a pound pizza and guinness. love march madness
    Last Thursday:

"Helen"
    3 rounds
    400m Run
    21 KB swings 1.5 pood
    12 Pullups
    Took 10:21 to finish

Then yesterday:

400m row
    21 Thrusters (65 lbs)
    9 KB swings (1.5 pood)
    400m Row
    15 Thrusters
    15 KB swings
    400m row
    9 Thrusters
    21 kb Swings
    400m row

Done in 12:58
    DonJon wrote:
    Fran 6.53mins

Thruster and Chin Ups
    Sets 21,15,9

3 x 90kg deadlifts

1.5km treadmill

Nice Fran time! I hope to give this one a shot in the next six weeks or so..
  • yesterday I did ~1000 sit ups in varying styles
    4 sets of squats
    ran 2 miles

today (back/biceps):

wide grip pull ups
    narrow grip pull ups
    seated row machine
    upright rows
    bar curls
    dumbell curls
    hammer curls
    2 mile run

maybe I should mix in a forearm excersize...
    jones wrote:

111 pullups... without stopping? That is Herschel Walker-esque.

i wish
    i stopped when i couldn't get to the next one then rested
    can do like 30. then 30
    then 20..then as many.. like 10 at a time til failure.
    "Fight Gone Bad"

1. Wall-ball: 20 pound ball, 10 ft target. (Reps)
    2. Sumo deadlift high-pull: 75 pounds (Reps)
    3. Box Jump: 20" box (Reps)
    4. Push-press: 75 pounds (Reps)
    5. Row: calories (Calories)

Technically I did the Rows first then 1-4.

Total score after three rounds, one minute at each station: 277 reps. Round by round was 106,85,86

I'm hoping in the next few months to get the score to 300+

Jw
    Jwmcc wrote:
    "Fight Gone Bad"

1. Wall-ball: 20 pound ball, 10 ft target. (Reps)
    2. Sumo deadlift high-pull: 75 pounds (Reps)
    3. Box Jump: 20" box (Reps)
    4. Push-press: 75 pounds (Reps)
    5. Row: calories (Calories)

Technically I did the Rows first then 1-4.

Total score after three rounds, one minute at each station: 277 reps. Round by round was 106,85,86

I'm hoping in the next few months to get the score to 300+

Jw

Nice going mate!!

How ironic I did this on friday. Did 5 rounds but counted the first 3. 260 reps and it killed me. Done over 300 before so shows how much condition I have lost in 6 months

Were you getting around the 12-13 calories on the row?