Post your daily workout

Comments

• megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    reverse pyramid dumbell bench press. 60lbs, 55, 50, 45, 40lbs: 10 reps each for 3 sets

leg step up knee to elbow/walking lunges 50lbs dumbbells superset: 10 reps each leg 3 sets

skullcrushers/french press/iso single arm curls superset 60lb/60lb/30lb: 3 sets

standing cable incline press 5plates (50lbs?)/trap raise/forearm curls w/ 45lb bar: 10 reps 3 sets

incline bench sit ups/reach for sky crunches/ knee to elbow sit ups superset 12 reps of each. tried 3 sets didn't make it. got 2 done good form. this little set is so simple and way harder than you would thing

hanging reverse crunches 12 reps 3 sets

oblique planks 1 min 1 rep each side
  • JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    DonJon wrote:
    Jwmcc wrote:
    "Fight Gone Bad"

1. Wall-ball: 20 pound ball, 10 ft target. (Reps)
    2. Sumo deadlift high-pull: 75 pounds (Reps)
    3. Box Jump: 20" box (Reps)
    4. Push-press: 75 pounds (Reps)
    5. Row: calories (Calories)

Technically I did the Rows first then 1-4.

Total score after three rounds, one minute at each station: 277 reps. Round by round was 106,85,86

I'm hoping in the next few months to get the score to 300+

Jw

Nice going mate!!

How ironic I did this on friday. Did 5 rounds but counted the first 3. 260 reps and it killed me. Done over 300 before so shows how much condition I have lost in 6 months

Were you getting around the 12-13 calories on the row?

My calories on the row was 22, 17, 19 if I remember correctly. My biggest obstacle was the sumo highpulls since I don't have a lot of experience with those so I had some form issues.
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
    P90X!!!! I have been doing it for about 70 days and it is the real deal. Now, I still like my milk and cookies and am a busy guy so I do to 3-4 times a week and the results are awesome. I can understand that if you do it 6 times a week that you will get ripped. I also slightly modified the routine meaning I axed out the Kempo and Cardio (I play basketball and bike ride for cardio). But the pull ups/push ups/Ab ripper/Yoga and Core work outs are the shit!! I highly recommend it. Also eating right is half the battle. Christ!! I sound like the infomercial.
  • Chest biceps and abs today... the fun stuff!

Maxed out on bench since I haven't done that in years... proud to say I got 225 lbs for 16 reps.
    Incline bench
    Pec flys
    100 push ups

Bar curls
    Preacher curls
    Hammer curls
    Reg dumbbell curls (light... 25, 20, 15 lbs til muscle failure)

probably about 500 sit ups, crunches, oblique twists (or whatever those things are)
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
    I'm starting to understand the disdain in this thread for Thrusters:

yesterday's WOD, which was a slight change from what was on the Crossfit site where I work out since classes got cancelled due to flooding:

1000 m row (3:35)

then

21-18-15-12-9-6-3 reps

Thrusters 65 lbs
    Leg Raises
    Pushups

somehow managed to get it in at 11:50, but my shoulders haven't felt that shot in a long time..
  • I think today I'll just run 4 or 5 miles and do 100 sit-ups or so.

Yesterday I destroyed my upper body... and if I do squats today I won't be able to run the rest of the week.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
    Yesterday,

"Badger"
    3 Rounds for time:

30 Squat Cleans(65 lbs)
    30 Pullups
    800m Run

Took 28:13 to complete, ended up scraping my right leg on the bar during the squat cleans, was bleeding all over the place but there was no way I was quitting halfway through this one.

This morning
    50 Pushups
    400m run
    50 Pushups
    800m run
    50 Pushups
    400m run

12:34 to complete.
    Jw
    Bump,
    Did everyone take off for the spring?
  • Jwmcc wrote:
    Bump,
    Did everyone take off for the spring?

nah... been doing a lot of rock climbing, kayaking, hiking in addition to my normal workouts... gearing up for topless weather. Don't want to have flabby man boobs.

Today I ran 4 miles at lunch at a 1% grade then did leg raises (60) and other lower ab excersizes which I don't know what they're called.

Tonight I'm kayaking for a few hours...

Tomorrow SQUATS baby.
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • was hungover this morn, then I worked out for an hour over lunch and I'm 100%. Weird how a good sweat can make everything feel better!

Chest, traps, and a light leg workout. Oh and a few hundred sit ups.

Under 200 lbs for the first time in years!
    stayed on the coast over the weekend. worked out in a tiny room with weights from 1930. was great. just did some bench dips and thrusters. really all they had was a bench and weird pull up contraption.
    then did some abs and ran on the beach. that was awesome.
  • Random_WookieRandom_Wookie Posts: 1,097
    can i just say i went to the gym :D

1 km on the treadmill in just over 7 mins then had a pt session

12 * 40kg chest press on the swiss ball
    12 * squat with 10kg dumbells should press

12 * 40 kg seated row
    20 * lunges with 12.5kg bar should press

12 * standing single arm row on the cable machine @ 17.5kg
    12 * static lunges on with 7.5kg dumbbells

also walked to work before i want to the gym
    Rod Laver Arena - Feb 18, 2003
    Rod Laver Arena - Nov 13, 2006
    Adelaide Oval - Nov 17, 2009
    Etihad Stadium - Nov 20, 2009
    BDO Melbourne - Jan 24, 2014
    New York - May 02 - 2016

Powered by Pearl Jam
    bench
    thrusters
    bent over rows
    lat pull downs
    run 2 miles
    calf raises
    hammy curls
    bicep curls
    sit ups

dead
  • Random_WookieRandom_Wookie Posts: 1,097
    can i post three days of work outs?

well here goes

thursday
    45 mins cross trainer
    30 secons sprints with 1 and half mins rest for about 15 mins at level 15
    45 secons sprints with 1 min 15 seconds rest for about 15 mins at level 20
    1 min on 1 min off for 15 mins at level 25

friday
    1.2km on treadmill in 10 mins then a pt session

sat

20 km run/walk which i ran about 50% and walked arround 50%
    Rod Laver Arena - Feb 18, 2003
    Rod Laver Arena - Nov 13, 2006
    Adelaide Oval - Nov 17, 2009
    Etihad Stadium - Nov 20, 2009
    BDO Melbourne - Jan 24, 2014
    New York - May 02 - 2016

Powered by Pearl Jam
  • Just discovered Taebo with Billy Blanks....I know, I know, I am late to the party but I am enjoying it! I am taking it slow though otherwise I may end up in A+E (or ER) looking like a pretzel :lol:
    Stand for something or you'll fall for anything (Skindred-Stand For Something)
    Crossfit Saturday morning workout:

1 minute Stations:
    -Pushups
    -Ring Rows
    -Medicine Ball Situps(20 lbs)
    -Row (Calories)
    -Medicine Ball Thrusters(20 lbs)
    -KB Sumo Deadlift High Pull(32 kg)

90 Second Rest between rounds

3 rounds for max reps

Then afterwards during open gym worked on 95 lbs Thursters, Double-Unders, then finished off with a set of 21-15-12-9-5 reps of Ring Dips/Situps.
  • mr.pinkmr.pink Posts: 362
    I recently switched to mornings before work. Its way more convenient, but I dont' like not being completely rest and relax in the hours following heavy weight training. Any opinions?
    Twenty-ten watch it go to fire!!!
    "Filthy Fifty"

For time:
    50 Box jump, 24 inch box
    50 Jumping pull-ups
    50 Kettlebell swings, 1 pood
    Walking Lunge, 50 steps
    50 Knees to elbows
    50 Push press, 45 pounds
    50 Back extensions
    50 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball
    50 Burpees
    50 Double unders

Took me 25:14 to finish, the Wall Ball shots followed by Burpees clearly the worst part of the day.
    Jw
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Jwmcc wrote:
    "Filthy Fifty"

For time:
    50 Box jump, 24 inch box
    50 Jumping pull-ups
    50 Kettlebell swings, 1 pood
    Walking Lunge, 50 steps
    50 Knees to elbows
    50 Push press, 45 pounds
    50 Back extensions
    50 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball
    50 Burpees
    50 Double unders

Took me 25:14 to finish, the Wall Ball shots followed by Burpees clearly the worst part of the day.
    Jw

Hahaha if you went back and read this entire thread you'd see that every time I do FF I make the same comment.....: "wall balls into burpees just nailed me etc" Too funny!! Im silly tho I actually do the chins properly and not jumping. Probably adds a min or so to my time

Havent been in here for ages

Training at the moment for the Crossfit Games here in Oz. Not sure of criteria yet but its a teams event of 3 females/3 males :o
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    DONJON!!!

((hugs))

I miss you! :( ;)
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • nothing like a legs/back workout :(

squats (3 sets, 225 lbs, 10 - 12 reps)
    dead lifts (3 sets, 225 lbs, 10 - 12 reps)
    lunges (3 sets, 30 lb 'bells, 20 reps)
    pull ups (wide grip, 4 sets)
    machine pull downs (narrow grip, 4 sets)
    sitting rows (4 sets)
    shrugs (4 sets)
    nothing like a legs/back workout :(

sitting rows (4 sets)
    shrugs (4 sets)

:lol: @ :(

i feel your pain

i ran interval jog/sprints then did pull ups and squat supersets yesterday...awful. just awful
  • jones wrote:

sitting rows (4 sets)
    shrugs (4 sets)

i feel your pain

i ran interval jog/sprints then did pull ups and squat supersets yesterday...awful. just awful

wow you did supersets with SQUATS??? That is insane. When I do a proper set of squats I then suck air for 3 minutes and feel light-headed.

I didn't even do the lunges today, just the squats and dead lifts... and my legs are BEAT. But I did 4 sets of each. I don't know how bodybuilders do legs three freakin times per week.
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    I fought a silver back gorilla in the octagon.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    jones wrote:

sitting rows (4 sets)
    shrugs (4 sets)

i feel your pain

wow you did supersets with SQUATS??? That is insane. When I do a proper set of squats I then suck air for 3 minutes and feel light-headed.

I didn't even do the lunges today, just the squats and dead lifts... and my legs are BEAT. But I did 4 sets of each. I don't know how bodybuilders do legs three freakin times per week.

yea man. it was awful. i wasn't going super heavy. but it sucked none the less.
  • loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,389
    I've been practicing vegetarian for 2 months. Not that long, I know, but it is for me. Finally caved and ate some steak tonight. Sorta scared that my body won't like it, and how it will affect me. On top of that, I decided to start drinking while grilling the steaks. (thats right, steaks as in PLURAL). About a 6 pack in, I have this uncontrollable urge to run. So I'm gonna give it a go for about 4 miles or so. I'll let you know if I make it or not. But it feels really weird.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    DONJON!!!

((hugs))

I miss you! :( ;)

dont miss me tho do you ;)

& mr buns i miss you too

bloody hell, its been ages since ive been here too - i spose id better add something workout-ish

umm - walking 4kms a day - cross trainer 5kms every second day - other than that - guess what, busy :? ive got exams in 4 weeks tho, so ill get a couple of months off after that
    impatience is a gift ........
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    National Running Day is June 2nd!
    http://www.runningday.org/events/
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • he still standshe still stands Posts: 2,835
    loadedgun wrote:
    I've been practicing vegetarian for 2 months. Not that long, I know, but it is for me. Finally caved and ate some steak tonight. Sorta scared that my body won't like it, and how it will affect me. On top of that, I decided to start drinking while grilling the steaks. (thats right, steaks as in PLURAL). About a 6 pack in, I have this uncontrollable urge to run. So I'm gonna give it a go for about 4 miles or so. I'll let you know if I make it or not. But it feels really weird.

wow. are you alive?