Post your daily workout

Comments

• DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    I will answer for you this arvo my dear :)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
    Lifted the intensity majorly today and got thru ok

15 burpees and 500m row - 6 sets

Each set had a 5 min timeframe and if you finished before that then you could take the time as a break.

So each round the burpees were taking 45secs then the rower I got the first coupla sets out in 1.50min so had over 2 min break. By the last set I had a 90break then the row took me 2.25 :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Straight from here into a:
    front side plank hold - 8 sets - 20secs hold/ten secs break
    side holds - 4 sets each side - 20secs hold/ten secs break

The 20 sec hold were pretty easy and and only started shaking with about 2 sets to go but gut will be sore tomorrow me thinks....the only action its seen of late is beer 8-)
    zenith wrote:
    ok sensei donjon .... question ...

jay has decided he needs to bulk up (actually he prob has his eye on a girl :roll: but he's a boy .... what can i expect ...)
    he's 15, 68.9kg and 180 cms tall. he's pretty lean, although you can see him just starting to fill out around his shoulders/upper body - atm he only plays sport .... hes in swim club, squash and basketball.

now prob is - im a girl, and im his mother. so obviously i know nothing ....

quick list of what would be good for him to start with.

This is gonna be pretty boring....tell him to go hang with the steroid boys and just lift weights...no cardio :lol::lol:
    Kidding

He sounds like he's in shape/fit so he's just gonna have to pump iron (gee that makes me laugh that term)

So keeping it simple
    Chest - pushups and benchpress to fatigue
    Shoulders - press (like u do), lat pull downs
    Back - chins (haha good luck). Joking. Bent over rows like you do and for lower back - deadlifts are a ripper (more than just back - good for hammies and glutes
    And last but not least.....for his biceps he's just gonna have to sit there and do curls with all the other meatheads :lol:

Anything else?
  • zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    DonJon wrote:

Anything else?

you shouldnt go asking open questions like that - never know what you'll get hit up for ;)

nah - thats all good - kind of what i figured anyway - when i show him your answer he'll be annoyed some of it is 'like i do' but meh .....
    so what weight would you start him off at?? i only do 10kg. he's already stronger than me, but i dont want to let him do himself some damage.

impatience is a gift ........
    and me .... same old same old with the weights, ..... but, i went back up to 5km on the elliptical today. im doing the brisbane version of even flow in about 1.8kms ;) it's a good song to work to that one, fast, happy, makes you want to work, and you finish your 5km run before you even realise youve started if you loose yourself in it .... but geeez sweat!!! i think i must sweat out 1kg every time i get on that thing in this heat - its not a good look :shock:

and tried on all the old jeans/dresses last night - all fit 8-) even a pair of designer jeans i bought ages ago when i was working a lot thinking id get into them. i think im about 6kg down, but ive only been weighing myself on the c/health scales at work, and i havent been on them for a week or so. ive lost 8cm off my waist tho 8-) very happy. why didnt i pull my finger out of my butt like this before i went on tour huh?????
  • DonJon wrote:
    he still stands...... the above the shoulder would be called a shoulder press :P and 60kg is heavy - nice work

Hi Zenith :P

Ramped it up a little today. Still only about 60% of last years stuff but Im getting better. Only having minor breaks (maybe 1-2 mins) between rounds and none during each round.

10 x 40kg clean and press
    20 V Sit Ups
    10 wide grip chins
    600m run
    4 sets

I'd call it a "military press"... either way is correct.

I was referring to the tricep excersize where you take a dumbell with both hands, lift it above your head, and lower it behind your head, then extend it back to overhead. Still can't remember what it's called...

Not to brag... but I was impressed with my chest strength yesterday. I maxed out on bench... put on 225 lbs and did it 11 times. I've just been using 185 as I get my strength back from my 2 year hiatus and was pleasantly surprised. :mrgreen:

SQUATS today. :( Objective: 6 SETS @ 225 (10 - 15 reps), then lunges until I PUKE. :twisted:
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
    same all round - its a lot cooler here today, makes things easier 8-)
    Ran into an old friend today at the gym - she has just moved offices. So stupid me got talked into doing a spin class on the bikes. Got bored after about 25mins.......

10 x 70kg deadlifts
    10 x 10kg wall balls
    20 pushups
    10 burpees
    4 sets

Going out for a big one tonight so Im gonna strap the backpack on and jog home from the office....maybe 5km!?!?!

AND then it will be beer time :o
    Where is everyone? :?

5 ring dips
    10 burpees
    15 push ups
    20 V Sit Ups

5 sets. Easy monday.

Fuck those ring dips are hard
    DonJon wrote:
    Where is everyone?

i just got home from work :|

and i had a shit day, so i should go rant about it in the aus thread ....

nothing today - it'd do me good to get it out .... but, i couldnt be fucked
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Don't normally post in here. But thought it might be good for some motivation.

Ran for 4kms, I was totally fucked.

Then cycled for about 8km. I wanted to do more. But I kinda felt my lunch was going to come up. So all up, about 45mins of cardio

Been working on my cardio as of late. Haven't done a good weight session in months. Might do one tomorrow if I get motivated. '

Can anyone suggest some exercises? I think I might work on my chest. Bench/inclines etc.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • pjfan31 wrote:
    Been working on my cardio as of late. Haven't done a good weight session in months. Might do one tomorrow if I get motivated. '

Can anyone suggest some exercises? I think I might work on my chest. Bench/inclines etc.

If you're lifting for the first time in awhile, keep it basic.

Bench press (chest, arms)
    Military Press (shoulders, arms)
    Pull-ups (back, biceps)
    Deadlifts (back, legs, pretty much every muscle in your body!)
    Squats (hammies, glutes, quads)
    Lunges (hams, glutes, quads)

Do each one, 3 sets of each. High reps (12-15), low weight (50% of max or lower). Rest 1 minute between each. Should be about a 40-45 minute low-intensity workout, but you'll need at least 3 days rest before you lift again. :D
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
    Nice response above

1km run
    20 burpees
    20 sit ups on ball

600 run
    20 burpees
    20 sit ups on ball

400m run
    20 burpees
    20 sit ups on ball

Ran 4km last night too at a good clip (sub 20mins) so fitness levels coming back. Whoooohoooo :D
  • wow I had a FUN weekend in the city and just got back to the gym today. LOTS of alcohol, cigarettes, and even some other "stuff" that I do once every few years for a good story ;) I am still hurting and today's workout was pathetic.

Bench, Incline Bench, Pushups, Pullups, Lat Pull Downs, Bent-over Rows, another Lat excersize ?

3 sets of 30 sit ups...

didn't even get to curls and other bicep excersizes.

now I feel like I'm gonna get sick.
    he still stands....I dabble in a little stuff here and there and besides feeling like crap I always find that my legs are very heavy for a few days after. Its worth it at the time but damn it hurts afterwards :lol:

Did some deadlifts and squats just to warm up and get the hammies ready.

20mins for number of sets ( I got 6 out). A mate got 8.5 (lifting 60kg) - he is a freak

10 x 50kg power cleans
    9 burpees
    12 pushups

Funny thing was......the hardest part was the pushups. Got the first two sets out straight and then the rest I stopped at least once. Last set I was doing the pushups in lots of 3's :lol::lol::lol:
  • DonJon wrote:
    he still stands....I dabble in a little stuff here and there and besides feeling like crap I always find that my legs are very heavy for a few days after. Its worth it at the time but damn it hurts afterwards :lol:

"excess in moderation" is the key. :D

ran 5 miles today. 9minute miles @ a 2% incline. just needed to burn 800 calories or so cuz I'm feeling FAT. I'm trying to stop smoking and that means I am stress eating... ugh.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,712
    Been keeping up with the workouts since I last posted. Work has been busy but I have been able to make it to the gym 3-4 times a week. Been running a mile and half or so, lifting and finishing with about 6 miles on a bike. Feeling good.
    1km run
    15 burpees
    5 x 50kg clean & press
    15 sit ups

800m run
    15 burpees
    5 x 50kg clean & press
    15 sit ups

600m run
    15 burpees
    5 x 50kg clean & press
    15 sit ups

A few core holds.

Good session - moved thru with very little break.

Finally getting some decent workouts in
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    i've cut back on running and just focused on turning my workout into one giant superset focusing on varying the angles i'm hitting my groups. lots of core and box jumping.
    i'll throw sprints in some days. no more distance running for me
    my chub has melted away.
  • since I only made it 3 times this week, today's workout was another odd one.

3.5 mile run.

standing military press. 135 lbs. 5 sets, 12, 12, 10, 8, 8
    dips. 3 sets of 15
    pushups. 30
    lateral raises 2 sets of 20. 20 lbs.

next week I have to be more serious about the SITUATION!!! :lol:
    hhmmm - ok this week i was rather slack i guess - far too busy with work to do much at all - and the fact that work sucked a bit extra hard didnt help either .....

so - 5 km walk daily to work and back, plus all the running around there. thats it. :oops: ill make up for it this week

:roll: i actually had a rather large trainee nurse look at me one afternoon, in bare feet because id taken my heels off and was going to put my joggers on - she wondered why the bare foot, so i told her i walked to work. The look of shock was a bit amazing. why? dont you own a car?? so i explained that yea, but its healthy and its good for the environment, yadda yadda. she honestly thought i was mental.

of course, she would have been about 120 id guess. working in healthcare. dissing voluntary exercise. :roll:

jeez ive turned into a cynical bitch this week.
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    25 min walk on the treadmill

4 weight lifting exercises - chest / back / shoulders / bi-ceps

10 min cross-trainer

abs cruncher machine
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • sorry been a litte slack on my posting but i have been working out :lol: , been braking in a pair of five fingers and I gotta say I look foward to going for a run in the tomorrow!

A light workout today as I may still be drunk, had a little too much wine yesterday

walk to gym (45 mins)

leg press 3 * 20 sets (150kg,190kg,190kg)
    lat pulll down 3*20 (40,45,50kg)
    single arm dumbell chest press 15kg * 8 reps * 3 sets (was shaking a little due to being hung over)
    dual pulley row 3 * 12 (40,45,50kg)
    sit ups on a swiss ball 2 * 12

will walk home tonight (45 mins)
    Rod Laver Arena - Feb 18, 2003
    Rod Laver Arena - Nov 13, 2006
    Adelaide Oval - Nov 17, 2009
    Etihad Stadium - Nov 20, 2009
    BDO Melbourne - Jan 24, 2014
    New York - May 02 - 2016