Post your daily workout

Comments

• usually just focus on arms n chest... do ~50 pullups, ~100 pushups, random freeweight stuff for triceps and biceps... every other day usually... try to do situps every once in awhile too... still young enough that it doesnt really matter 8-)

i need to get a new gym membership though soon
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    ok approaching my pre-2009 PB, only half a km off :?

contemplating going to a kitchen tea or the Adelaide street circuit on Sunday :o

You should be getting on a treadly and chasing Lance thru Adelaide :D
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
    DonJon wrote:
    [Last summer I was in the carpark at a beach and taking off my wetsuits in between two cars with a mates car door open as a shield towards 30 people standing in front of the car watching the ocean.

As I got the wetsuit down near my knees (with my manhood just hanging out) he decides to start beeping the horn. Everyone turns around (including kids, hot chicks and the elderly), I start panicking , falling into the next car etc .

Funny stuff

Ha! And there is no quick way out of a wetsuit! I guess it could have been worse if you had fallen on the ground. Sounds like you got a good reason to get even with your mate.

I couldn't fall on the ground because I just kept bumping into doors and cars. Ended with a few bumps and bruises.

Had a good run on the weekend. Ran straight for 30 mins which is the most Ive ever done - usually get board after about 15 mins. So based on my gym treadmill speed of 5.40 per kn then I musta run 5k

From someone who detests running - Im stoked. Back to gym after lunch
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    DonJon wrote:

Be careful...... running is soooo addictive! I was going through with withdrawal last week, but back at it this week. I was in spin class about 40 minutes yesterday and then moved to the treadmill for about 50 minutes. This morning I did 2.25 miles of trail running, so I feel so much better.

I think, if the schedule works out that I am going to do body pump class on my lunch hour tomorrow, after swimming (before work).
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    well, as of late...it's been shovelling!!!!! was sweating it out there today, shovelling 10" of snow. :lol:
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
    DonJon wrote:

Be careful...... running is soooo addictive! I was going through with withdrawal last week, but back at it this week. I was in spin class about 40 minutes yesterday and then moved to the treadmill for about 50 minutes. This morning I did 2.25 miles of trail running, so I feel so much better.

I think, if the schedule works out that I am going to do body pump class on my lunch hour tomorrow, after swimming (before work).

Man I been trying for years and there will never be any addiction here. Over short runs Im fine but I just know I get so bored of it.

Im fine doing it with something else. Im the type the wants to get down and do 15 burpees every km coz Im over it.....and burpees suck!.

Im must admit tho I really look forward to going for the run - just not so much whilst doing it
    Whizbang wrote:
    well, as of late...it's been shovelling!!!!! was sweating it out there today, shovelling 10" of snow. :lol:

Shoveling snow is quite a work-out! And 10" is a LOT of snow to me. :)
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • I sat around on my ass today... But, tomorrow, 30 minutes of cardio in the morning and lifting in the evening... Anyone got tips for losing a little belly fat? I'm trying, but sometimes it feels futile.
    Dirty Thirties (with Monday-itis)

30 wall balls 10kg
    30 box jumps 24inch
    30 incline push ups (1 foot for feet)
    30 ball smashes
    400 sprint
    4 sets

Took a little under an hour
    First two sets were about 10 mins each, then about 14 and last probably 17/18

Those box jumps at 24 inch are a mental challenge. Before you start you are thinking 'no way will I make it that high'
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Heading out for a two hour snowshoe!!!
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    I've always wanted to snowshoe and cross country ski, but we have no snow!!! Well, we have some, but maybe once or twice per winter and it goes away after a couple of days. Last year was an exception, but it was ice that lasted for days - couldn't do much with that, especially with the trees and limbs falling down around you. But anyway, one of these days we are going to take a winter vacation and do some of the fun snow stuff.
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Heading out for a two hour snowshoe!!!

Yeah Id love to give that a go. How hard is it? and is it more the thin air/breathing or just hard getting thru the snow?
    Sooooo close to a spew today....had to stop for 45secs on set 4 and hover over the bin for a bit but I pushed thru and got the last set out. Resistance, cardio, resistance, cardio, vomito

15 thrusters 30kg
    15 burpees
    15 pushups
    600m run
    4 sets
    I really love the Snow shoeing. It is very easy, and I do some hills too. I have a new pair of step in boots, and they are awesome! Now I'm looking in to getting some ice cheats, as so far this Winter here in NY that is what we have had the most of, very dangerous icy conditions. I can't work out on a machine anymore...spent too much of my life doing that already, I've got to be outside in nature I do weights only inside...hard to motivate myself.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    hahahaha well i'm house/babysitting this week so without my bike, i thought i had an easy week

wrong

everything hurts, and i'm still walking to/from work and passing by a lot of cyclists warming up for the day..

passed team saxo bank today :o
    wah
    PJaddicted wrote:
    I really love the Snow shoeing. It is very easy, and I do some hills too. I have a new pair of step in boots, and they are awesome! Now I'm looking in to getting some ice cheats, as so far this Winter here in NY that is what we have had the most of, very dangerous icy conditions. I can't work out on a machine anymore...spent too much of my life doing that already, I've got to be outside in nature I do weights only inside...hard to motivate myself.

Sounds good. Wish it was snowing here today....its soooo hot and muggy.

No exercise today just water, air con and cold beer tonight
    hahahaha well i'm house/babysitting this week so without my bike, i thought i had an easy week

wrong

everything hurts, and i'm still walking to/from work and passing by a lot of cyclists warming up for the day..

passed team saxo bank today :o

Just chase kids around the yard that'll keep you fit

Why are you hurting? Legs from your bike?

Im gonna have a bet today on the race...a sneekt few on Oscar Perreiro
    Interesting article about the basics of fitness and what type of exercise is what

http://www.smh.com.au/news/lifeandstyle ... 49268.html
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    DonJon wrote:
    Interesting article about the basics of fitness and what type of exercise is what

http://www.smh.com.au/news/lifeandstyle ... 49268.html

noice!! yup ran after the kiddies all week, i slept like a baby last night

doing nothing 'til Monday next week

:)
    wah
    http://www.ncstaff.net/oed/SnowshoeingT ... utPage.htm

Going out everyday for the next five days. I went last night at dusk....it was great.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
  • ajedigeckoajedigecko Posts: 2,430
    20 mile ride/ 2miles of world trail.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • my daily workout????

i drag my fat ass out of bed and go to work for 10 hours.....

then i put my fat ass back in bed............
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Monday - swam 1,000 yards & Body Pump
    Tuesday - ran 3.5 miles at the track (intervals).
    Wednesday - swam 1,250 yards & strengthening
    Thursday - ran 5.33 miles.
    Friday - rest (except for walking dogs)
    Today - 40 minutes spinning & 57 minutes running on the treadmill. Boy, will I be glad when we get some warmer weather. Now I am taking the dogs to the farm to do a little hiking and let them run, but it is so cold!
    my daily workout????

i drag my fat ass out of bed and go to work for 10 hours.....

then i put my fat ass back in bed............

That's "work" not a "work-out." :D Unless you are a pro-cyclist or something. Or maybe a mail carrier (one that walks- not a rural carrier).
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    legs and shoulders today.....my favorite.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
    3 mile trail run.
    PJaddicted wrote:
    http://www.ncstaff.net/oed/SnowshoeingTheUnder-UsedWinterWorkoutPage.htm

Going out everyday for the next five days. I went last night at dusk....it was great.

I really enjoyed that article. It really made me want to try snowshoeing. We are actually preparing for a "major winter event" here in Southern Illinois and Western Kentucky. Depending on whether we get snow or ice, I might could go snowshoeing....... if I had snowshoes.
  • lets see....todays workout????

i went to mcdoodles and bought a couple cups of coffee.....

then i did four loads of laundry.....

i cooked breakfast.....

and now im gonna go work for 10 hours.....

fuck......im gonna be exhausted when i get home tonight......hehehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    lol, total beginner starting with 3 sets of 10 press ups and 3 sets of 15 sit ups. Not sure what leg ones i can do and if it's really needed or not :P

If your muscles are sore should you rest a day and let it go down or wait for it to totally heal? Do you not loose the muscle you have built up?
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    today i signed up for my first half marathon... (Hamptons NY)

then went to the gym and ran 7.3miles in an hour!