Post your daily workout

Comments

• Did an hour of strength today...had to go SLOW and keep my heart rate low...if my breathing gets too deep or rapid I wind up in a coughing fit :oops:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Ms. Haiku wrote:
    How many of you that live a running or work out lifestyle include coffee as part of that lifestyle?

I am runner/swimmer and coffee is a huge part of my lifestyle.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,511
    crunches on ball...3/50
    15 mins on bike
    bench...3/10..up to 230 pds
    preacher curls...3/10...50pds
    shrugs...3/10...90pds
    lat raise...3/10....90pds
    incline bench...3/10...120pds
    pec flies...3/10...135pds (i did 240 pds of this last week just to see how much i could do. too tired to try that today)
    www.myspace.com
  • fucking fuck it...
    alright, i know this isn't a "tell us about your latest gym mishap or injury" thread, but it just so happens that on friday afternoon i was doing my thing and towards the end of the weights session i was doing some lateral raises and on about the 3rd one something tore and my right shoulder has been giving me agony since then. so there goes my good run with weight training down the toilet - will prob need a few months off harder upper body stuff now. sucks, but there are worse things that could happen after all, and it'll be an excuse to finally do some of that cardio i've been wanting to do... and there's a pearl jam tour upon us so who cares?! good debrief, thanks :D
    Sydney 3 1998; Brisbane 1 2003; Sydney 1/2/3 2003; Brisbane 1/2 2006; Sydney 1/2/3 2006; Melbourne 1/2 2006; Adelaide 2009; EV Solo Sydney 1 2011.
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,987
    I have been in your shoes half a dozen times... sucks big time.

Everytime I got to the point where I thought I should go big... I went bust. Happened either in the gym or on my own doing odd things. One of the two major setbacks was throwing long fly balls for my little league baseball team. Stretched something in my right arm that still aint right, and that was 4-5 years ago. The other major blow was blowing out my knee last October trying to tune in the radio so I could hear game 3 of the World Series. Now both knees hurt most of the time...

I guess my bright side was I did see PJ 3 times this fall and my knees held up!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • I have been in your shoes half a dozen times... sucks big time.

Everytime I got to the point where I thought I should go big... I went bust. Happened either in the gym or on my own doing odd things. One of the two major setbacks was throwing long fly balls for my little league baseball team. Stretched something in my right arm that still aint right, and that was 4-5 years ago. The other major blow was blowing out my knee last October trying to tune in the radio so I could hear game 3 of the World Series. Now both knees hurt most of the time...

I guess my bright side was I did see PJ 3 times this fall and my knees held up!
    thanks Given to... injuries are a bastard hey - so unexpected a lot of the time, especially it seems with weight training. just wish i'd had some warning so i could just not have done that exercise on fri, but as you say can happen doing other stuff anyway. i guess we all just end up with something that's a little compromised and we have to work around. but geez we're lucky to be even able to use our bodies like this in the first place eh - i'm conscious of never taking it for granted. bring on pj aus tour - only 9 days til adelaide for me!
    Sydney 3 1998; Brisbane 1 2003; Sydney 1/2/3 2003; Brisbane 1/2 2006; Sydney 1/2/3 2006; Melbourne 1/2 2006; Adelaide 2009; EV Solo Sydney 1 2011.
  • Got through a regular hour long session and no coughing fit :mrgreen: First time in a week - felt great!
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    How many of you that live a running or work out lifestyle include coffee as part of that lifestyle?

Most definitely. I have a penchant for 8-10 schooners afterwards as well :lol:

Went early this morning

10 burpees
    10 dips
    15 push ups
    15 V Sit ups
    400m run

6 sets

A good one this morning
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
    fucking fuck it...
    alright, i know this isn't a "tell us about your latest gym mishap or injury" thread, but it just so happens that on friday afternoon i was doing my thing and towards the end of the weights session i was doing some lateral raises and on about the 3rd one something tore and my right shoulder has been giving me agony since then. so there goes my good run with weight training down the toilet - will prob need a few months off harder upper body stuff now. sucks, but there are worse things that could happen after all, and it'll be an excuse to finally do some of that cardio i've been wanting to do... and there's a pearl jam tour upon us so who cares?! good debrief, thanks :D

Does this have anything to do with how you were feeling the other day?

Not your rotator cuff is it?
  • DonJon wrote:
    fucking fuck it...

Does this have anything to do with how you were feeling the other day?

Not your rotator cuff is it?
    nothing to do with the other day, but it is my right shoulder and i have dislocated it and had a reconstruction before, so rotator cuff's pretty weak. think it might be subscapularis muscle? tour so close now!!!
  • I gave the treadmill a miss today and done no weights for my legs (leg press/extension).
    Got a sore knee, a pain on the interior, and a pain on the side of my shin.
    Thought I'd rest it, no need to stuff myself up before PJ concerts.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • back in the H2o and it felt great.

Thinking of running some this week too, but have to get my Vibram's back 1st.

So it might be a week of pool.
  • pool again, 60 minutes. could have gone longer.

one day I am going to see just how long i can go.
    THIS IS A THREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I fly out tomorrow for a (nearly) 3 weeks hiatus to follow this band we all love, around Australia/

So whilst I will be exercising in hotel gyms and mainly running, I doubt it highly that Ill be around in here often.......SO

TRAIN HARD peeps and keep up the good work. Ill be seriosly needing to get back into it when I get home :lol::lol:
  • can I claim getting out of bed? :lol:
    Rod Laver Arena - Feb 18, 2003
    Rod Laver Arena - Nov 13, 2006
    Adelaide Oval - Nov 17, 2009
    Etihad Stadium - Nov 20, 2009
    BDO Melbourne - Jan 24, 2014
    New York - May 02 - 2016

Powered by Pearl Jam
  • zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    im claiming the adrenaline of excitement waiting for this last week to fly by .... id say its giving me a better workout than any stupid cardio set could any day
    impatience is a gift ........
  • ran 5 miles yesterday.

still waiting my vibram replacements.

going to hit the pool again this week.
  • I've been depressed, & in pain the last few months. Longest break from working out since I've moved to Florida 5 years ago :cry: . Just starting out again this week & through past experiences I "KNOW" to take it slow at first. 1st day, cardio for 40 minutes on the bike, stretching & sit-ups. 2nd day light leg workout. 3rd day rest ;) . 4th day shoulders. Its good to be in the jacuzzi again.
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Since it's too cold to swim, I'm back to the treadmill and the weights. :geek:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I'm still here, and still working out. Just haven't been posting too much. It's nice to read about everyone's workouts though.

I swam 1,250 yards in the pool this morning. I'm struggling because I have changed by kick (more from the hip) and am trying to pull harder so it is tiring me out, but hopefully I will improve my speed by next year's tri season.

Stress fracture is healing to the point that I am running three days per week on trail or track - no pavement yet. Ran 4 miles on Saturday. I'm just so slow now. I hope to be back up to speed as far as running by February 13 when I want to do a half marathon.

Cycling is mostly on the trainer now although our weather has been great. It's just that it is dark by the time I get home.

I am trying to hit the gym two days per week for strengthening. I am thinking about trying the P90x (or something like that) over the winter. I need to do some research on it.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • I'm still here, and still working out. Just haven't been posting too much. It's nice to read about everyone's workouts though.

I swam 1,250 yards in the pool this morning. I'm struggling because I have changed by kick (more from the hip) and am trying to pull harder so it is tiring me out, but hopefully I will improve my speed by next year's tri season.

Stress fracture is healing to the point that I am running three days per week on trail or track - no pavement yet. Ran 4 miles on Saturday. I'm just so slow now. I hope to be back up to speed as far as running by February 13 when I want to do a half marathon.

Cycling is mostly on the trainer now although our weather has been great. It's just that it is dark by the time I get home.

I am trying to hit the gym two days per week for strengthening. I am thinking about trying the P90x (or something like that) over the winter. I need to do some research on it.

What races do you plan on doing?

I know I will be doing the Reston Triathlon, my local race here in northern VA. Registration opens November 30th and usually fills that day.

Are you familiar with the Total Immersion approach to swimming? Might be worth a look.

Make sure you pull back on that running every 2 weeks. The season is a long way off so don't over train with the running. Your cardio and legs come back fairly quick.

I haven't rode my bike for 6 weeks now. I used to love cycling but haven't been motivated in years like I am with swimming and running.

But with that said I am going to bike more before the triathlon season, I know my time can improve greatly with more training.

Keep up the good work and remember don't push the running.
    What races do you plan on doing?

I know I will be doing the Reston Triathlon, my local race here in northern VA. Registration opens November 30th and usually fills that day.

Are you familiar with the Total Immersion approach to swimming? Might be worth a look.

Make sure you pull back on that running every 2 weeks. The season is a long way off so don't over train with the running. Your cardio and legs come back fairly quick.

I haven't rode my bike for 6 weeks now. I used to love cycling but haven't been motivated in years like I am with swimming and running.

But with that said I am going to bike more before the triathlon season, I know my time can improve greatly with more training.

Keep up the good work and remember don't push the running.

I'm not sure what "big" event we will do next year. I'm not doing a Half IronMan for sure. Probably longest tri will be Olympic and longest runs will be 1/2 Marathons. I will be running the Fly with the Eagles Half Marathon in Crab Orchard Wildlife Refuge in February http://run.olm.net/halfmarathon.htm - a local race. I might do the Land Between the Lakes Trail Run, Grand Rivers, Kentucky - the short one, which is 14+miles in March- also a local race. And then River to River Relay in April across Southern Illinois. We have always wanted to do the Chattanooga Triathlon in July but haven't gotten around to it. Maybe in 2010. We have done the Memphis in May Triathlon several years in a row now, which is the middle of May. I don't know for sure about this year. Some friends mentioned wanting to do the Illinois Marathon/Half - inaugural race I think - which is the beginning of May. Then we have several local sprint triathlons - two in April, one in May, one In September. And then Nashville has several too, but they fill up so fast you have to plan ahead for those.

When is the Reston Triathlon? Is it a sprint? Must be a good race to fill up so quick.

I am going to be careful with the running. I was running so good in 2007, but 2008 and 2009 were nothing but injuries. Don't want 2010 to be like that.

As to the bike I usually am on the trainer all winter - never really take time off the bike, but bike time is greatly reduced. Sitting on the trainer inside the house makes me as crazy as being on the treadmill at the gym. But I do have a book of good trainer workouts which makes it more tolerable. My husband and our friends do quite a bit of mnt. biking in the winter at Land Between the Lakes but I am a terrible mountain biker! I enjoy it but am just so bad at it that I don't do it much so usually end up trail running.

Keep me updated on how the Vibram shoes (not really shoes are they?) are working out. Two friends got them but I don't think they have ran in them yet. I think they are just wearing them around the house to get used to them.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • The Reston Tri is Olympic distance.

2010 race is Sunday September 12th.

The race fills up fast because Northern Virginia is an fairly wealthy section of the country and many triathletes come from the middle to upper middle class. At least from what I have witnessed.

My Vibram KSO Trek model just came today and all I can say is WOW. I can't wait to get them out on the trail. I had the KSO and did a few trail runs in them and loved it. But the treks are going to be great. They have a thicker sole, meaning rocks won't hurt as much, but also maintaining the barefoot feel. The upper section is more durable as well.

They call it packer leather or high performance leather. It breathable but perspiration resistant.

I'll walk one more day in them and then run on Thursday.

I'll do some laps tomorrow.
    Not much posting here as in Adelaide for show 2. Ran around the river and university the other day. Finding it hard to train but running most days.

Train hard fight easy 8-)
  • zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    my joggers are taking up valuable packing space - youd better damned well try ;)
    impatience is a gift ........
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I'm back on the treadmill. :? :P

I temporarily stopped lifting the weights because I hurt my wrist. :geek:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • legs today
    leg press 4sets
    leg ext.4 sets
    hack squats 4 sets
    leg curls 3 sets
    calf raise 3 sets

usually do abs on leg day not today :shock:
    The bus came by and I got on!!!!!
    DonJon wrote:
    Not much posting here as in Adelaide for show 2. Ran around the river and university the other day. Finding it hard to train but running most days.

Train hard fight easy 8-)

Have fun. Wish I was there.
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    Finally got my ass back to the gym this week. Had not been since before Philly and have been battling a cold since I got home (not to mention recovering from the abuse I had inflicted upon myself for four days in Philly!).

Legs and shoulders today. Nothing heavy on weight since I haven't been for awhile but I'll still be lucky if I can walk by Monday. Love leg day but hate it too.... ;)
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • walked 40 minutes to the gym, for a 45 minute cycle class. Been a little lazy with my posting over last couple of weeks and with my workouts. :o
    Rod Laver Arena - Feb 18, 2003
    Rod Laver Arena - Nov 13, 2006
    Adelaide Oval - Nov 17, 2009
    Etihad Stadium - Nov 20, 2009
    BDO Melbourne - Jan 24, 2014
    New York - May 02 - 2016