Post your daily workout

Comments

• Whenever I try heavier than normal loads I always concentrate on NOT clenching my teeth and MAKING SURE to BREATHE OUT ON EXERTION. I have given myself headaches like you mention but never can remember what I did to bring them on :oops:

Just make sure to see your doctor if you have an erection that last for more than 4 hours.

Oh sorry, wrong commercial.
    haha thanks mate - if i find a hot doctor i'll make that call :lol:
    Sydney 3 1998; Brisbane 1 2003; Sydney 1/2/3 2003; Brisbane 1/2 2006; Sydney 1/2/3 2006; Melbourne 1/2 2006; Adelaide 2009; EV Solo Sydney 1 2011.
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    i think i hurt my brain :crazy:
    i went to the gym last night, and was starting my workout with chinups then bench presses. all was going okay until i did 1 set of 8 presses on 100kg (more than i've ever done) and as soon as i'd finished that set, i got this incredibly intense headache which i've still got today (the morning after). i eventually gave up on the workout after about 25mins, and don't know whether it was just dehydration (i drink shitloads of water though) or a strain kind of injury or if i've popped a blood vessel in my head? :lol: anyone else ever had this happen so suddenly and linger so long?

Thats really strange!!! Could it be a neck strain.???

Im in the process of changing my chin up style coz sometimes when I started to fatigue Id tighten my neck on the way up and sometimes start to get a slight headache. It was all tensioned based.

Yesterday

10 box jumps
    10 floor wipes 40kg
    10 80kg deadlifts
    500m row

4 sets
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • In 5 weeks I have gone from this:

1-9.jpg

To this:

dodgeball_450.jpg
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Lots of Sex!!!
    Walk Tall, Kick Ass, Learn to Speak Arabic, Love Music, and Never Forget You Come From a Long Line of Truth Seekers, Lovers, and Warriors. HST

CHILLIN LIKE BOB DYLAN!!!
  • DonJon wrote:

Im in the process of changing my chin up style coz sometimes when I started to fatigue Id tighten my neck on the way up and sometimes start to get a slight headache. It was all tensioned based.

Yesterday

10 box jumps
    10 floor wipes 40kg
    10 80kg deadlifts
    500m row

4 sets
    thanks donjon - it could be neck strain. weird, hey. headaches just about cleared up now! i'll work on my chinup technique and maybe drop back to 90kg on presses and see if it happens again tomorrow.
    Sydney 3 1998; Brisbane 1 2003; Sydney 1/2/3 2003; Brisbane 1/2 2006; Sydney 1/2/3 2006; Melbourne 1/2 2006; Adelaide 2009; EV Solo Sydney 1 2011.
    DonJon wrote:

Yesterday

10 box jumps
    10 floor wipes 40kg
    10 80kg deadlifts
    500m row

4 sets
    thanks donjon - it could be neck strain. weird, hey. headaches just about cleared up now! i'll work on my chinup technique and maybe drop back to 90kg on presses and see if it happens again tomorrow.

Let us know how you go.

Ive gone from doing anywhere from 150 to 420 chin ups a week to none!!! :cry:

Been working on my 'new' kipping style to get it right. Ive got a lot more extension in the lower half on the swing. Been a weird thing to 're-learn'

My chest doesnt get as far out as the chick on the right but Im close
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAZaHzd6qAY
  • DonJon wrote:

Let us know how you go.

Ive gone from doing anywhere from 150 to 420 chin ups a week to none!!! :cry:

Been working on my 'new' kipping style to get it right. Ive got a lot more extension in the lower half on the swing. Been a weird thing to 're-learn'

My chest doesnt get as far out as the chick on the right but Im close
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAZaHzd6qAY
    wow man that's amazing - i've never done or seen anyone doing these kipping pull ups before. do you do any gymnastics or is it just for strength/fitness? i might just do straight out chin ups for now, but they look pretty awesome for fitness work.
    Mate they took me ages to learn...probably two years

I train cross fit style which basically means heaps of reps with NO breaks. They are terribly hard to learn (as you can hear the guy say in the video) and believe it or not I was actually forced to learn due to the number of reps I was doing AND the fatigue factor.

Ironic thing is....the more fatigued you are the easier it is to learn how to do them. I used to do 24kg kettle bell swing before hand so shoulders would be busted then jump straight up and aim for 15 chins. Doing this for 6 months and I finally learnt.

Now that Ive been doing them for 2 years I decided to go back to basics and get the 'full' extension down the bottom (more like the chick on the right in vid as opposed the the other two

Hahaha and a definite no on the gymnastics there mate :lol:
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    You're so impressive, DonJon. I guess that's what all the girls say, heh heh? ;) No, seriously....I like reading your posts. You better be showing me some of your moves while we're on tour.....I'll kick back watching you with a beer in hand and a joint in my mouth. :D
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    Yeah coming from someone who aint got a leg over in about 5 years :o

You'll be training with me love!!! Im brining two pairs of shoes so you cant use the "I forgot them" line. YOu may crack a beer for us both when finished.

Got some new ASICS yesterday. They are really bouncy at the moment
    DonJon wrote:
    Yeah coming from someone who aint got a leg over in about 5 years :o

You'll be training with me love!!! Im brining two pairs of shoes so you cant use the "I forgot them" line. YOu may crack a beer for us both when finished.

Got some new ASICS yesterday. They are really bouncy at the moment

Noooo.....I can't exercise in front of you! :?

What I'm really liking right now is skipping.....with a rope....not that gay skipping like little girls that someone linked me other day.....sooo hard but feels so good! I can only do a few minutes at a time though...haha...I like that feeling of being so fucked you can barely breathe.

Five years? :shock: I know for a fact that's bullshit! Man, I'll have girls eating out of your hand if you put me on the case. I get chicks for my mates all the time. However, we're sharing beds and rooms on tour so no sex allowed!!
  • -Buru--Buru- Posts: 1,292
    I am currently walking (at a brisk pace) about 10km, at least 4 times a week.
    Will upgrade to jogging in a couple of weeks, once I lose some more weight.
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

Good work Buru and keep it up. :P

Zig why in the world would you not train in front of me :cry: ? Didnt I help you out with this whole thing :evil:

I wouldnt mind learning how to skip :lol::o
  • -Buru--Buru- Posts: 1,292
    DonJon wrote:
    Good work Buru and keep it up. :P

Zig why in the world would you not train in front of me :cry: ? Didnt I help you out with this whole thing :evil:

thanks, I will try to keep the momentum
    once you manage to turn it into something regular, it is easier to keep on doing it. I haven't reached that point yet, but I have started and am off my bum, at least. :P
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

Great attitude. Love hearing shit like this

I believe you dont even turn it into something regular...it moreso becomes a lifestyle that you need to do.

I have to train minimum 4 days a week. 3 of these days probably negates half the beer I drink and one day maybe improves my fitness levels :lol::lol:

Buru even make you next start run/walk/run etc....even if it just be 200m of each. Before you know it you'll be running 2 kms in one go.

Pop your head back in and keep us updated on your progress. Dont GIVE UP 8-)
    DonJon wrote:

Because I suck and it's embarrassing.......how it's going to be any more embarrassing than the other drunk crap I do on tour in front of you I'm not sure...... :?

I prefer to exercise at night.......when no one can see me.
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    DonJon wrote:

Because I suck and it's embarrassing.......how it's going to be any more embarrassing than the other drunk crap I do on tour in front of you I'm not sure...... :?

Why the fuck is getting fit embarrassing you twit. You cannot do ANYTHING but applaud people getting fit. No one is ever gonna laugh at someone training.

About to hit gym late this arvo
    Tonights menu:

30 squats
    20 push ups
    10 dips
    500m run

Will go for 5 sets then beers
    DonJon wrote:

Why the fuck is getting fit embarrassing you twit. You cannot do ANYTHING but applaud people getting fit. No one is ever gonna laugh at someone training.

:( I'll say it again....no need to be mean to me.
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    DonJon wrote:

What made me go gym was idiots beeping at me jogging.
    I live near a busy road and when I jog down there I always get beeps.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    DonJon wrote:

What made me go gym was idiots beeping at me jogging.
    I live near a busy road and when I jog down there I always get beeps.
    maybe they were encouragement beeps :lol:
  • DonJon wrote:

I train cross fit style which basically means heaps of reps with NO breaks. They are terribly hard to learn (as you can hear the guy say in the video) and believe it or not I was actually forced to learn due to the number of reps I was doing AND the fatigue factor.

Ironic thing is....the more fatigued you are the easier it is to learn how to do them. I used to do 24kg kettle bell swing before hand so shoulders would be busted then jump straight up and aim for 15 chins. Doing this for 6 months and I finally learnt.

Now that Ive been doing them for 2 years I decided to go back to basics and get the 'full' extension down the bottom (more like the chick on the right in vid as opposed the the other two

that is fucking impressive dude. i'm just doing regular weights sessions at the moment, doing 8-10 reps a set for 3 sets each exercise. i skipped chins tonight and was completely headache-free, even did 2 sets of 10 reps of 100kg bench press (i'm sure that's pissweak to you but my best so far) and was okay. a bit scared to get back into some chin up action, but it may have been a one-off i guess. will get back on the horse tomorrow. cheers for the info champ - i'll see you in adelaide; must share a beer.
  • First day working out after 3 days off in a row because of the flu. Did one of my easiest workouts and STRUGGLED to get through. Cardio wasn't so bad, but I feel like I have no strength left. Ugh
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    Yeah this has been a lost week so far, haven't felt this ill in nearly three years. I had a setlist written out Monday night to do Tuesday but the seconds I finished writing it took a turn for the worse. :evil: Hope to get over this enough by the weekend to do something, anything.
    Jw
    DonJon wrote:

that is fucking impressive dude. i'm just doing regular weights sessions at the moment, doing 8-10 reps a set for 3 sets each exercise. i skipped chins tonight and was completely headache-free, even did 2 sets of 10 reps of 100kg bench press (i'm sure that's pissweak to you but my best so far) and was okay. a bit scared to get back into some chin up action, but it may have been a one-off i guess. will get back on the horse tomorrow. cheers for the info champ - i'll see you in adelaide; must share a beer.

For sure big fella always up for a beer :P

To be honest I aint done bench press for years. Pretty sure I couldnt bench 100kg from memory. I very rarely lifts weights (except for deadlifts and thrusters). Mainly own body weight stuff

Day off today
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    Outside running in suburban/urban areas. Approximately 30-50 degrees, possibly dark. Any suggestions on clothes?
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Ms. Haiku wrote:
    Outside running in suburban/urban areas. Approximately 30-50 degrees, possibly dark. Any suggestions on clothes?

Get a reflective vest or carry a small flashlight, you need to be visible for drivers are careless. At least here in America

Clothing, I always run in shorts unless the temperature drops below 20, then I'll add tights.

The key to comfortable running is keeping the core (your chest and stomach area) warm along with your head and hands.

When it's below 40 I wear a hat that covers my ears, the majority of your body heat leaves via your head.

I also add gloves 40 and below. This includes the wind chill. Meaning a 50 windy day will feel like 30 very quick without the sun light.

I love the under armor brand. I wear a long sleeve tight UA shirt with a vest on the cold days.

Hope that helps.

Remember no tights until the temperature goes south of 20 as long as you have a hat, gloves, and core is double layered.

Happy running.
  • Spent 5 days in Orlando. Family trip so not much time for exercise.

Got in limit swimming and ran 2 days. 6 and 3 miles.

Sent my Vibram back today for a replacement pair after the sole began to rip.

Going with the new Five Finger Trek line, a runner specific shoes that is built for comfort in the cold.
    Ms. Haiku wrote:

Get a reflective vest or carry a small flashlight, you need to be visible for drivers are careless. At least here in America

Clothing, I always run in shorts unless the temperature drops below 20, then I'll add tights.

The key to comfortable running is keeping the core (your chest and stomach area) warm along with your head and hands.

When it's below 40 I wear a hat that covers my ears, the majority of your body heat leaves via your head.

I also add gloves 40 and below. This includes the wind chill. Meaning a 50 windy day will feel like 30 very quick without the sun light.

I love the under armor brand. I wear a long sleeve tight UA shirt with a vest on the cold days.

Hope that helps.

Remember no tights until the temperature goes south of 20 as long as you have a hat, gloves, and core is double layered.

Happy running.
    Great! Thank you.

5k on treadmill today. It was quite chilly outside, but I want to be a little stronger before I start to workout outside.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
    How many of you that live a running or work out lifestyle include coffee as part of that lifestyle?
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,987
    Bench 185 x 8 x 2
    Bicep curl 75 x 8 x 3
    Back T-bar row 70 x 8 x 3
    Shoulder side raises 15 x 10 x 3

Incline Bench 95 x 8 x 1, 115 x 8 x 2
    Incline Bicep 30 x 8 x 3; 2 @ suppinate, 1 hammer
    One arm Row 60 x 8 x 3
    Front shoulder raises 20 x 8 x 3; 2 @ alternating, 1 together

Catch a nap and start night shifts...
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06