Post your daily workout

Comments

• More swimming, 60 minutes.

Still working on my flip turn, this sure does make the laps go by faster.

Will probably run this weekend.
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Did jog no 3 last night -- well jog/walk/jog/walk/jog/walk -- and I timed it and I was only gone for ten minutes! haha It felt like MUCH longer though! haha I skipped a bit before I went and skipped a bit when I got back too -- and I was soooo much more buggered this jog than the others. Feels good though. Will be good when I can just jog continuously for 15-20 mins or so.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    Did jog no 3 last night -- well jog/walk/jog/walk/jog/walk -- and I timed it and I was only gone for ten minutes! haha It felt like MUCH longer though! haha I skipped a bit before I went and skipped a bit when I got back too -- and I was soooo much more buggered this jog than the others. Feels good though. Will be good when I can just jog continuously for 15-20 mins or so.

Excellent I am so happy to read this.

You are going to be amazed at how fast you'll be able to run 30 minutes non-stop, then 45, then 60 and then you are hooked.

Keep it up!
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Excellent I am so happy to read this.

You are going to be amazed at how fast you'll be able to run 30 minutes non-stop, then 45, then 60 and then you are hooked.

Keep it up!

Thanks!! :D My aim is to do 20 jogs over the next 30 days.....but now I'm wondering if I should do a 10 min jog in the morning and a 10 min jog in the evening for a while....just to step it up a bit.
  • I would stick with the one for now.

With running you need to be VERY careful not to over train.

So if you're up to it do a brisk walk at night, the cardio benefits are about the same but running does burn more calories.
    I would stick with the one for now.

So if you're up to it do a brisk walk at night, the cardio benefits are about the same but running does burn more calories.

Okay.....so 1 x jog and 1 x brisk walk each day. And maybe some skipping every now and then. I can't believe how hard skipping is. I remember when I was little I could skip forever and not think about it. I was fucked after a few minutes yesterday! haha I'm so sad! :mrgreen:
  • Skipping is fucking hard.

Or how about the way kids just run around, jump off the top of a slide, crawl into small places.

I miss that flexibility.
    Skipping is fucking hard.

Or how about the way kids just run around, jump off the top of a slide, crawl into small places.

I miss that flexibility.

Yeah me too. I was friggin super excited I could just touch my toes!! hahaha :lol: :?

Man this thread rocks. I can't believe how much I've improved since 25 August....it's awesome! AND I've gone from a size 12/14 (US size 8/10) to a size 10 (US size 6)....all in two months!! AND I've lost three inches off my hips! I'll do proper measurements again on 25 October....fuck, that's tomorrow! So glad I measured myself when I started. 8-)
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    I would stick with the one for now.

Okay.....so 1 x jog and 1 x brisk walk each day. And maybe some skipping every now and then. I can't believe how hard skipping is. I remember when I was little I could skip forever and not think about it. I was fucked after a few minutes yesterday! haha I'm so sad! :mrgreen:

You think skipping is hard? When was the last time you jumped rope????

Don't ignore oceansmademe's advice about over training. You're supposed to add like 10% a week... work into it slowly and MAKE SURE YOU STRETCH BEFOREHAND!!! Most importantly, make sure to stretch you calves. Go to youtube and watch every video you can and DO THEM!

If you aggravate your Plantar Fascia (like I did), you're screwed. It hurts BAD, lasts for weeks or months and there's no real 'cure'... treatment is different for everyone and it really sucks. Imagine someone stabbing your heel with a 6 inch knife and then turning it around while it's stuck in there. :cry:
  • Again awesome that is serious work there.

I am sure you have more energy now too, that's the great and addictive nature of exercise.

About 6 years ago I looked at a photo and couldn't believe my eyes, I looked fat.

245 lbs, but on a 6'4" frame. So I started running again and at one point was down to 185. That was too light so now I am happy and healthy at 200.

Don't ignore oceansmademe's advice about over training. You're supposed to add like 10% a week... work into it slowly and MAKE SURE YOU STRETCH BEFOREHAND!!! Most importantly, make sure to stretch you calves. Go to youtube and watch every video you can and DO THEM!

If you aggravate your Plantar Fascia (like I did), you're screwed. It hurts BAD, lasts for weeks or months and there's no real 'cure'... treatment is different for everyone and it really sucks. Imagine someone stabbing your heel with a 6 inch knife and then turning it around while it's stuck in there. :cry:

Isn't jumped rope and skipping the same thing?
  • ZiggyStar wrote:

Isn't jumped rope and skipping the same thing?

no. skipping http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4xLwK4IUaE
    jump rope on a pogo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUxs4FWP5QE
    Again awesome that is serious work there.

I am sure you have more energy now too, that's the great and addictive nature of exercise.

About 6 years ago I looked at a photo and couldn't believe my eyes, I looked fat.

245 lbs, but on a 6'4" frame. So I started running again and at one point was down to 185. That was too light so now I am happy and healthy at 200.

Yep...definitely have more energy. And less asthma!!

I haven't had an alcoholic drink for 20 days either -- decided to have a month off so I'm not consuming all those extra calories from beer and red wine (I used to drink a good 4 nights a week). I think that had a lot to do with it too. So on 1 November I can have another drink....but on 25 November I'm off for 2 weeks to 4 PJ shows so I'm thinking of trying not to drink much in November so I can lose another dress size. I'd like to be an Australian 8 / US 4....but a FIT looking size 8 / size 4.....not scrawny skinny looking with no muscle!! I hate that look. And I'm only 5'1" btw.

How often do you work out?

Okay....lost in translation....I was doing the second video....without the pogo. The first video made me laugh -- there's no way in hell I'd be skipping like that! :?
  • Ziggy,

First, I am very jealous, but happy for you, that you're seeing SO MUCH PJ. I can only due the 10/27 show. My boys need me, I am a stay at home dad.

I usually workout 5-6 days a week.

Exercise might be the more fitting term. I bike, swim, and run. But lately 70% has been spent in the pool. I just picked it up 11 months ago and can't get enough. The upper body work is great and much needed on my frame.

But in my heart I am a runner. I have done 5k, 10k, 1/2 marathons, marathons, and ultramarathons (50K and 50 miler races).

I enjoy trail running the most.
    Ziggy,

First, I am very jealous, but happy for you, that you're seeing SO MUCH PJ. I can only due the 10/27 show. My boys need me, I am a stay at home dad.

I usually workout 5-6 days a week.

Exercise might be the more fitting term. I bike, swim, and run. But lately 70% has been spent in the pool. I just picked it up 11 months ago and can't get enough. The upper body work is great and much needed on my frame.

But in my heart I am a runner. I have done 5k, 10k, 1/2 marathons, marathons, and ultramarathons (50K and 50 miler races).

I enjoy trail running the most.

Ahhh that is very cool that you are a stay at home dad!

I slackened off for a couple of weeks and now I'm really shitty with myself because I could have been further along. I was doing mainly stretching, core workouts, sit ups, push ups, planks etc. But I realised I needed to do more cardio so now I've started this week.

I wish I had a pool. I grew up with a pool my whole life....I miss it.

WOW! 50 miles! I couldn't even imagine that. I'm fucked jogging around two blocks!! haha I wonder how long it will take me to build up. I'm aiming for 5 times a week....is it essential to have days off?
  • Yes, when running alone I only do 5 or 4 days a week if the milage is heavy. It just beats up your body.

But the other things you list would be excellent during the "off" type days.

Sorry you don't have a pool, it is an excellent non impact workout.

I love being a dad.

My proudest moment, or one of them, was my 6 year old 4 at the time picked up a dried dandoline flower, closed his eyes and said, "Some day I hope to be a dada"

It made me cry then and brought the mist back as I type this.

I am so happy I found this thread.
    Yes, when running alone I only do 5 or 4 days a week if the milage is heavy. It just beats up your body.

But the other things you list would be excellent during the "off" type days.

Sorry you don't have a pool, it is an excellent non impact workout.

I love being a dad.

My proudest moment, or one of them, was my 6 year old 4 at the time picked up a dried dandoline flower, closed his eyes and said, "Some day I hope to be a dada"

It made me cry then and brought the mist back as I type this.

I am so happy I found this thread.

Awwww....that's a nice story! :)

I find that running does jar my back a bit. My bf's been coming with me but he has really sore knees already so I don't think he's going to last the distance!! haha

Okay - 4 to 5 days jogging...and light stuff on the other days.

We have tennis courts about a minutes walk from our house. I'm considering starting to play tennis too. Tennis players always have such nice backs and arms and look so fit. I'm not talking the Williams sisters kind of tennis players....no no no no no! They're TOO fit. :shock:
    My calves are fucking killing me! :shock:

haha Guess I should have stretched first. :? Will I ever learn?
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    All kiddie stuff picked up and put away, Swept and mopped all the floors. Three loads of washing off the line, folded and put away, two loads of washing hung out. All bedrooms tidied, bathroom and toilet cleaned. Pulled weeds out the garden for 1/2 hour. Picked kiddie stuff up from all around the garden. Played footy and chasey with the kids. Walked 600 mtr round trip to neighbours, chased after the dog who had my shoe and was so puffed out I had to sprawl out on the lawn for 5 mins to get my breath back.

Now I understand why I need to do cardio workouts. Thanks for all the great advice.
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    My calves are fucking killing me! :shock:

haha Guess I should have stretched first. :? Will I ever learn?

That's my problem sometimes i forget to warm up and warm down before / after exercise.

Did 10 mins of yoga and then some weights this morning. I'd love to do swimming to be honest i need to take some lessons but its hard finding somewhere that do adult lessons out of office hours.
    13 minute online ab routine (fuck me dead that was hard! :shock: )
    Usual stretches, plank, push ups, lunges etc -- up to 50 push ups now! I could barely do five or ten 2 months ago! haha

Couldn't do any jogging or skipping with a skipping rope on the weekend because my calves were KILLING ME! But they feel a lot better today so will resume my jogs tonight. 8-)
  • cbf'd the work out today, just went for a walk
    Rod Laver Arena - Feb 18, 2003
    Rod Laver Arena - Nov 13, 2006
    Adelaide Oval - Nov 17, 2009
    Etihad Stadium - Nov 20, 2009
    BDO Melbourne - Jan 24, 2014
    New York - May 02 - 2016