Post your daily workout

Comments

• zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    ZENITH!! That's crazy!!! I couldn't do that.....7 days of only drinking that?!? Wow! That would be full on!!

prob ... i tend to be either ridiculously full on or nothing at all ... no in between
    impatience is a gift ........
  • Mondays and Wednesdays-4 mile run
    Tuesdays and Thursdays- 6 mile run
    Friday-3 mile run
    Saturday- 8+ easy long run
    All days- evenly proportioned weights and strength training
    And of course PJ is definitley on the workout playlist 8-)
    Run and tell the angels that everything is awwwwrigghhtttt...-Dave Grohl, Wembley Stadium
    If it's illegal to rock and roll, throw my ass in jail! -Kurt Cobain
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    zenith wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    What is this lemondetox diet? For how long do you do it? What's it do? Make you lose weight? Or just clean you out? I'm not that worried about my weight anymore....I'll be pretty skinny by tour -- with a fat arse! :x

its really to clean you out, but apparently you drop a bit of weight too - although in all honesty i think it'd be muscle mass.

the pepper kicks your metabolism along - the lemon/syrup cleans your system out - and the saltwater keeps you pooping :lol: - although all be doing the tea - plus still working out a bit (and yes, donjon, i can hear you now ... this is crap, you shouldnt do it, blah blah .... like i said, ive read good things & bad things. Ive even read about it being done up to 10 days - although that is just silly - 7 days will clean you out fine

Lemon Detox Diet Recipe

Take a drinking glass and add 4oz of cold water

Add lemon juice from half of a freshly squeezed Lemon.

Add 2 tablespoons of Pure Maple Syrup. (not maple flavoured) OR 20ml (1 tablespoon) Palm Tree Syrup (you can buy at most Sri Lankan or Indian food stores)

Add a dash of Cayenne Pepper or ground ginger.

Using a spoon stir well. Add 4 oz of cold water then stir again.

You should also have a large glass of water each day with 1 teaspoon of seasalt as this helps stimulate bowl movements.

If you can't stomach the salt water drink this can be substituted with one teaspoon of senna tea replacing the salt.

Take either the salt or senna tea solution in the evening.

It is recommended you have a multi-vitamin or mega multi-vitamin each day.

You should drink at least 6 to 10 glasses of the lemon drink each day and have nothing else apart from the salt or tea drink. The detox process is meant to be followed for between 3 to 7 days.

What do you think I am some sort of nazi :lol:

Im all for detoxing. I do it my self. I wish they'd come up with a detox that you can still drink beer on though 8-)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    DonJon wrote:

What do you think I am some sort of nazi :lol:

Yes! I'm scared of you!
    DonJon wrote:
    Im all for detoxing. I do it my self. I wish they'd come up with a detox that you can still drink beer on though 8-)

How can you drink and eat nothing but water for days on end? I really couldn't do it I don't think.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    Yeah there is no way I could do the one Zenith is doing. I must have food.

Mine is no dairy, alcohol, meat etc

Lots of water, legumes, salad, seeds, brown rice, beans, lecithin, milk thistle. I do it for 8-10 days and you can have 150grams of chicken or fish on two of the night. Those nights were the best!!
    DonJon wrote:
    Yeah there is no way I could do the one Zenith is doing. I must have food.

Mine is no dairy, alcohol, meat etc

Lots of water, legumes, salad, seeds, brown rice, beans, lecithin, milk thistle. I do it for 8-10 days and you can have 150grams of chicken or fish on two of the night. Those nights were the best!!

Oh....I could do that! That would be pretty easy! The no meat thing would be a little bit hard but definitely doable.
    woohoo - this afternoon - after months of not doing it (because my stupid trainer started shagging the stupidest girl in the class even tho they both had kids running around .... and he honestly wondered why i told him he was a dickhead :roll: ) ive jumped back into the boxing sessions

granted i used jay & riley - but ffs, they are both taller than me now .... and i had to tell them every combo 20 times ... but, a 1/2 session & my arms burnt and thats a good thing ... ( and they were puffing too ... teach the little shits some respect ;) )

and as wookie already knows - it solved my db brainfreeze too 8-)

i do wish there was a good place to go do this nearby tho - it bloody whips you into shape. but the aforementioned trainer 's wife kicked him out, so the stupid girl holds circuit / boxing sessions in her shed because she seems to think she's a PT after doing an online course, but doesnt seem to think she needs insurance ... & im not touching that one :roll:
  • after going to shit for a few weeks, i'm back in the game - 2 nights in a row and i'm going solid from now on, to get this hunk of shit (6'1" dude with slight gut) whipped into a hunk of pure manmeat before the summer! doing weights 4 times a week and might throw in a night of cardio in the middle of the week just to keep the heart and lungs working - have lost so much fitness since doing weights only (the last few months). would love to do 20mins cardio at the end of each session but i get to the gym too late and i'm always struggling to finish my weights routines and i don't want to exercise for longer than the 45mins i already do. is this okay donjon? you seem to be the resident adviser.
    fuck lemon detox - i love toxins.
    Sydney 3 1998; Brisbane 1 2003; Sydney 1/2/3 2003; Brisbane 1/2 2006; Sydney 1/2/3 2006; Melbourne 1/2 2006; Adelaide 2009; EV Solo Sydney 1 2011.
    I just went for a jog around two blocks...15 minutes or so...felt sooo good. It was a bit windy and really nice and cool. Had to stop and start though....got pretty puffed. haha

Oh yeah...I bought pants today...and fucking LOVE them! And they look pretty good! 8-) Oh yeahhh.....! So glad I started posting in here 50 days ago. Keeps me motivated!
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    I just went for a jog around two blocks...15 minutes or so...felt sooo good. It was a bit windy and really nice and cool. Had to stop and start though....got pretty puffed. haha

Oh yeah...I bought pants today...and fucking LOVE them! And they look pretty good! 8-) Oh yeahhh.....! So glad I started posting in here 50 days ago. Keeps me motivated!
    good work champion - nothing like a jog when you're a bit windy.
    so no skirt then given good new pants?
    Sydney 3 1998; Brisbane 1 2003; Sydney 1/2/3 2003; Brisbane 1/2 2006; Sydney 1/2/3 2006; Melbourne 1/2 2006; Adelaide 2009; EV Solo Sydney 1 2011.
    ZiggyStar wrote:

good work champion - nothing like a jog when you're a bit windy.
    so no skirt then given good new pants?

Possibly.
  • ZiggyStar wrote:

If your new to running or returning after a long time away taking walk breaks is an excellent strategy.

Next time out walk for 5 minutes every 5 minutes alternate between the two.

As you progress make the running sections longer.

My best marathon time was done by walking for 60-90 seconds at every mile marker.

Good luck.
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    zenith wrote:
    woohoo - this afternoon - after months of not doing it (because my stupid trainer started shagging the stupidest girl in the class even tho they both had kids running around .... and he honestly wondered why i told him he was a dickhead :roll: ) ive jumped back into the boxing sessions

granted i used jay & riley - but ffs, they are both taller than me now .... and i had to tell them every combo 20 times ... but, a 1/2 session & my arms burnt and thats a good thing ... ( and they were puffing too ... teach the little shits some respect ;) )

i do wish there was a good place to go do this nearby tho - it bloody whips you into shape. but the aforementioned trainer 's wife kicked him out, so the stupid girl holds circuit / boxing sessions in her shed because she seems to think she's a PT after doing an online course, but doesnt seem to think she needs insurance ... & im not touching that one :roll:

aw Lindy this is post of the thread! it sounds like Days of our Lives there :? :o
    wah
    letting the Aussie team down :? slack slack slack... made healthier diet choices to make up for lack of gym

but no booze? no dairy? no meat?

not good :? being Greek it would almost be sacrilegious... hell my grandma just forced some ouzo down my poor friends throats the other day :?

YEH! so i'm decreasing weights and increasing cardio 'cos i have packed on a helluva lot of lean muscle mass..

:)
    wah
    zenith wrote:

aw Lindy this is post of the thread! it sounds like Days of our Lives there :? :o

its called a small town ... dont you know why all the aussie soapies are set in little country/beachy/towns (or suburbs that lead to no-where :lol: )
    I had a good one today...maybe it was the thought of exams tomorrow that made me so focussed.

Did 300club (well most of it but changed a few things

50 chins
    50 box jump
    50 one arm kettle press
    50 floor wipes
    50 pushups
    50 burpees.

Did them all in sets of 10. Went well surprisingly :?
    zenith wrote:
    its called a small town ... dont you know why all the aussie soapies are set in little country/beachy/towns (or suburbs that lead to no-where :lol: )

haha nice!!! i wish i lived in Summer Bay :?

good luck tomorrow Sir Don!!!

just back from gym.. sweaty and icky.. i wish i could take credit but it's warm here :?
    wah
    Just got back from jog no 2....felt good again....except it jars my back a bit when I jog.
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Just got back from jog no 2....felt good again....except it jars my back a bit when I jog.

b.r.a.
    zenith wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

b.r.a.

My boobs aren't big enough to be THAT much of a problem........I think I just have a sore back.........but I definitely do have to upgrade to a proper sports bra.
  • I've recently joined a gym.
    I go 4 times a week.
    Each session consists of:
    5 mins power walk on treadmill
    12 mins minimum jog on treadmill
    15 mins intense cycling on excercise bike
    as many reps on the ab machine
    overhead arm extensions
    front arm extensions
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    DonJon wrote:
    I had a good one today...maybe it was the thought of exams tomorrow that made me so focussed.

50 chins
    50 box jump
    50 one arm kettle press
    50 floor wipes
    50 pushups
    50 burpees.

Don,
    What do you use weight wise for the floor wipes? I've been meaning to try them on one of my setlists but I also been having on and off hip flexor issues so I end up shelving stuff like that.

Have to write up the list for tonight now, going for much lighter weights but endurance circuits.
    Jw
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,987
    Went riding my mountain bike with my son for about 1.5 hours. Lots of drops, lots of walking the bike back up the hill. Took a nice digger...

Came home and did 4 different shoulder specific excersises. Working 3 night shifts, so the workout might be the last for a few days.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • I've recently joined a gym.
    I go 4 times a week.
    Each session consists of:
    5 mins power walk on treadmill
    12 mins minimum jog on treadmill
    15 mins intense cycling on excercise bike
    as many reps on the ab machine
    overhead arm extensions
    front arm extensions

great workout here.

if you ever have a day where running seems a bit too much stick with the walking and increase the grade.

Once you hit 8% it's the same as running at a 5.5mph

I did 70 minutes in the pool today, felt like I could have done another 70 but had to get out and work on the bathroom remodel.
    Jwmcc wrote:
    DonJon wrote:

50 chins
    50 box jump
    50 one arm kettle press
    50 floor wipes
    50 pushups
    50 burpees.

Don,
    What do you use weight wise for the floor wipes? I've been meaning to try them on one of my setlists but I also been having on and off hip flexor issues so I end up shelving stuff like that.

Have to write up the list for tonight now, going for much lighter weights but endurance circuits.
    Jw

Mate I only used 40kg for these due to the chins and presses before them as the shoulders were a little fatigued. Ive done 60kg before and had to concentrate heavily...especially with the movement. Very easy to drop the bar.

And yep dont be doing too many of theses with your hip flexor :?
  • cardio & core class and eliptical today - feel great!
  • JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    Tonight's set, could have been a little better but I haven't done these light weight/high repetition nights often so it was good to change things up:

Squat into Military presses 15lbs dumbells, 2 sets 20 reps each
    Pushup circuit with medicine ball, 2 sets 10 reps each pushup routine
    Single arm bent over rows, 30 lbs, 2 sets 20 reps each side
    Uprights, 30 lbs barbell, 2 sets 20 reps
    Pullups/Pylo Pushups, 5 sets, 5 reps on the pullups each, ten on pushups
    Hamstring curls, 40 lbs, 2 sets 20 reps
    Chest Press, 155 lbs, 2 sets 20 reps each
    Wall sits, 2 sets 100 seconds each :shock:
    Inverted rows, 2 sets 15 reps each
    Bicep curls 17.5 lbs dumbells, 2 sets 25 reps each
    Tri-cep dips, 2 sets 10 reps ( had 20 written on the set but my right arm was feeling a little tight so cut back)
    Calf raises, 200 lbs, 2 sets 20 reps each
    Inside Hip abductions, 60 lbs, 2 sets 20 reps each
    Prone Side iso abdominals , 2 sets 20 seconds each side

Not sure what the exact timing was but it was between 35-45 minutes.
    Jw

Not sure what the exact timing was
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,987
    I think I will try what you just did, but not until Friday. I know it will take me longer than what you took. I tend to sit between sets and get caught up listening to the current song for too long.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • 1 hour to go until my torture!
    Aiming at 15 mins jogging on treadmill.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • 1 hour to go until my torture!
    Aiming at 15 mins jogging on treadmill.

16 mins! :D