Post your daily workout

Comments

• Random_WookieRandom_Wookie Posts: 1,097
    DonJon wrote:
    DonJon wrote:
    Yeah exactly. When I get that heavy if I try to go too low the back just begins to arch.

What can I do at the gym today Wookie....Im bored and in one of those moods :roll: . Pick me a workout :lol: and Ill give it a crack

nfi on the workout, but what have you done the last few days? perhaps a class of some kind? or something you would not normally do?

Nah Im not a class man. Might do some weightish crap today. Maybe some bent over rows or some cable action....yep thats its...Im gonna have a stability/core day.

CABLES AND BALLS AND BOSU

i put a couple of cycle/spin classes into my weekly schedule as it helps to mix it up a bit
    Rod Laver Arena - Feb 18, 2003
    Rod Laver Arena - Nov 13, 2006
    Adelaide Oval - Nov 17, 2009
    Etihad Stadium - Nov 20, 2009
    BDO Melbourne - Jan 24, 2014
    New York - May 02 - 2016

Powered by Pearl Jam
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    zenith wrote:
    i have white chocolate mudcake in the fridge. :?

I had a chicken kebab for lunch.....with cheese......I feel so bad! :( I never eat crap at lunch...but my brother wanted to take me out for lunch. :roll:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    zenith wrote:

I had a chicken kebab for lunch.....with cheese......I feel so bad! :( I never eat crap at lunch...but my brother wanted to take me out for lunch. :roll:

i just had some noodles, crispy chicken and some dashi beef, washing it down with 1.25ltr of coffee milk and a block of chocolate for desert!
    New York - May 02 - 2016

Powered by Pearl Jam
  • zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    zenith wrote:

well dad came round for a coffee, so i had a slice of mudcake too :roll:

ill go for a big walk tonight
    impatience is a gift ........
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    25 V Sit Ups
    20 push ups
    15 chins
    10 burpees
    5 vertical push ups
    3 sets

1.5km run

Getting a bit slack on my Fridays :roll:

BEER TIME
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    ok - 6km walk just done in 40mins .... mudcake gone 8-)
    impatience is a gift ........
    1.8km fast walk for 300m / jog for 300m (15 mins and was so stuffed after it!)
    20 minute stretch/workout including 25 sit ups, 25 push ups, 25 leg rolls, 15 squats, 5 lunges each leg and other things
    10 minutes of yoga
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Yesterday a 1.5 mile hike witht he dogs followed by a 54.54 mile bike. Today a 2.25 mile hike with the dogs followed by a 16 mile bike. I hope I have a chance to swim this afternoon, but I doubt if that will happen. Eventually a house has to be cleaned and groceries bought.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
    20 minute stretch/workout including 30 sit ups, 30 push ups, 30 leg rolls, 20 squats, 10 lunges each leg, 25 straight leg raises (each), 25 toe out leg raises (each)....and other things like holding plank position etc.

My thighs aren't anywhere near as sore but my lunges aren't going down as far as the ones last week which killed me.

I had sore calves all weekend and today -- from jogging perhaps?

More walking/jogging to come this afternoon after work.

I really enjoyed my 10 minute online yoga session last night at 11 o'clock. Looks so easy but was really hard. Going to do some more tonight....I found it really relaxing.
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    20 minute stretch/workout including 30 sit ups, 30 push ups, 30 leg rolls, 20 squats, 10 lunges each leg, 25 straight leg raises (each), 25 toe out leg raises (each)....and other things like holding plank position etc.

My thighs aren't anywhere near as sore but my lunges aren't going down as far as the ones last week which killed me.

I had sore calves all weekend and today -- from jogging perhaps?

More walking/jogging to come this afternoon after work.

I really enjoyed my 10 minute online yoga session last night at 11 o'clock. Looks so easy but was really hard. Going to do some more tonight....I found it really relaxing.

did you stretch after your workout? also keep up the good work
    New York - May 02 - 2016

Powered by Pearl Jam
    saturday: nothing unless you count the two trips arround the corner for food
    sunday: nothing unless a quick walk to suppermarket
    monday:

25 mins strecthing my back
    PT session which i struggled through

rest of week looks iffy as my back is still a little stiff and sore and I am getting sick! w00t double wammy!
    New York - May 02 - 2016

Powered by Pearl Jam
    Yeah wookie careful with that back mate.

Good work Ziggy...but dont overdo it. One would assume that the shins are from running...are your shoes ok?.

Good to see a bit of running in there too. Just keep building till you can run (say) 1km without stopping.

And plank holds a VERY good for your core and lower back but be very careful that your form is good. Doing next to a mirriror helps so you can see that you're no t lowering or dropping the hips too much

did you stretch after your workout? also keep up the good work

The workout has stretches throughout it and also at the end.

And thank you! I'm REALLY enjoying my exercising so far and having this forum is helping a lot.

On Saturday I was hungover and didn't do anything. On Sunday I sat there for nearly 2 hours saying "It's the weekend -- I don't need to exercise" then finally thought "no, I want to tell DonJon that I did something on the weekend" so pulled my finger out and exercised and now I am soooo glad I did! :D
    DonJon wrote:
    Yeah wookie careful with that back mate.

Good work Ziggy...but dont overdo it. One would assume that the shins are from running...are your shoes ok?.

Good to see a bit of running in there too. Just keep building till you can run (say) 1km without stopping.

And plank holds a VERY good for your core and lower back but be very careful that your form is good. Doing next to a mirriror helps so you can see that you're no t lowering or dropping the hips too much

I don't think i'm overdoing it.......but I do have a fucking sore neck and had a headache all weekend.

I def think I need new shoes.

Plank is friggin hard....I was doing the easy plank on my knees in the beginners workout but now I'm doing the intermediate workout the plank is the proper plank on your toes and fuck me dead it's hard. :shock: But I'll get there. 8-)
    Wait till you start holding them for 2-3 mins a go ;)

Its a good sign that you are getting a buzz/kick from it too
    Okay, I have a question for all you wise people here. How do I look more like the first chick in the black top and less like the chick in the white top?

Earlier this year, my sisters started walking up this big hill and they both bulked up quite quickly and started to look like little muscle builders (we're all about 5'1). I do not want to look muscley -- I want to look lean, defined and fit. Would the chick in the white top be doing a lot more weights do you think?

Basically, what adds the bulk? Because I don't want bulk.

3872377741_de1c031d8e_o.jpg
  • PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 787
    It looks like the girl in white does A LOT more upper body work with WEIGHTS, as opposed to the other girl who has a more slender appearance. The girl in white obviously implements a strength training routine that involves working her biceps, tri's, shoulders, and chest. This is why she appears a lot more muscular than the girl in black.

Not to mention, diet/calories have a lot to do with it as well. She probably takes in a larger amount of calories than the smaller girl in black. I wouldn't worry too much as far as getting too bulky as long as you are doing your cardio and not lifting to heavy
    150 burpees 15.42secs...pretty happy for a Monday. Last time I was 17mins something about 8 months ago

500m run
    15 reverse chins
    20 sit ups on ball
    3 sets
    It looks like the girl in white does A LOT more upper body work with WEIGHTS, as opposed to the other girl who has a more slender appearance. The girl in white obviously implements a strength training routine that involves working her biceps, tri's, shoulders, and chest. This is why she appears a lot more muscular than the girl in black.

Not to mention, diet/calories have a lot to do with it as well. She probably takes in a larger amount of calories than the smaller girl in black. I wouldn't worry too much as far as getting too bulky as long as you are doing your cardio and not lifting to heavy

Thanks for explaining it to me! I might stay away from weights in general......I'm scared! :shock:
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Okay, I have a question for all you wise people here. How do I look more like the first chick in the black top and less like the chick in the white top?

Earlier this year, my sisters started walking up this big hill and they both bulked up quite quickly and started to look like little muscle builders (we're all about 5'1). I do not want to look muscley -- I want to look lean, defined and fit. Would the chick in the white top be doing a lot more weights do you think?

A lot of it is genetics too.

I am going to start doing planks. I quit for a period of time and it is so hard to start again.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Easy explanation, the one in the white has balls ;) ..and if not, she probably has done a cycle or two of roids and of course trains with heavy weights and downs like 57 protein shakes per day..

Anyway, I ate and drank like I was back in college again Friday, Saturday and Sunday..Jesus, I hate Mondays..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
    This morning:

20 minute stretch/workout:
    - 30 sit ups
    - 30 push ups
    - 30 leg rolls
    - 20 squats
    - 5 lunges each leg
    - 25 straight leg raises (each)
    - 25 toe out leg raises (each)
    - and other shit like plank etc

10 minutes yoga

I didn't do any walking/jogging yesterday.....and I feel bad.....will have to make up for it this afternoon

I'm wearing a skirt today I haven't worn in 6 months or so because it got too tight.....pulled it out this morning and it's not tight anymore and is also sitting waaay down on my hips and will definitely need to be taken in once I tone up more --- oh yeah!

This has now become my favourite thread 8-)
  • 60-120 minutes 5 times a week of

Road cycling

Swimming laps

or

Running.

love it.
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    This morning:

- 30 sit ups
    - 30 push ups
    - 30 leg rolls
    - 20 squats
    - 5 lunges each leg

10 minutes yoga

I didn't do any walking/jogging yesterday.....and I feel bad.....will have to make up for it this afternoon

I'm wearing a skirt today I haven't worn in 6 months or so because it got too tight.....pulled it out this morning and it's not tight anymore and is also sitting waaay down on my hips and will definitely need to be taken in once I tone up more --- oh yeah!

DONT SPAM IT THEN!! This thread is sacred to me

There is no way you have dropped a dress size already after 4 days :lol:

Are you having a day off there Ziggy? Take tomorrow off...doctors orders
    DonJon wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    This morning:

- 30 sit ups
    - 30 push ups
    - 30 leg rolls
    - 20 squats
    - 5 lunges each leg

10 minutes yoga

DONT SPAM IT THEN!! This thread is sacred to me

There is no way you have dropped a dress size already after 4 days :lol:

Are you having a day off there Ziggy? Take tomorrow off...doctors orders

I'm not spamming it............am I? I'm staying totally on topic. :x Aren't we allowed to ask questions? :roll:

No you dick :lol: .....I've lost a dress size over the last 6-8 weeks from eating really healthy and drinking less. I've only just started the exercising part this week.

I had Saturday off -- I was hungover. So no need for a day off. 8-)
    No you are not spamming at all. I just dont wont this thread to go awol. Just protective of this one :?

Dont be training everyday mate...you'll overdo it.....especially when new to it
  • Cycled three days in a row - Sat, Sun, Mon. Quads were sore last night. Total mileage for the three days was only 95 miles though. Seems like more than that - some of it was hilly.

I did an openwater swim in a lake filled with green gunk yesterday morning. Won't do that again. I hope I don't get that brain eating bacteria.

I bought the Garmin 310XT GPS/Heart rate monitor - the first waterproof Garmin made for triathletes. I am still trying to figure it out - lots of controls. I swam with it yesterday morning and it said I swam 1.27 miles. I'm not sure about that. I don't think I swam that far. I'm just wondering if it also counts the hand moving back during the stroke. I will have to look at the manual (only 56 pages long - and that is 8.5in. x 11in. pages).

Stress fracture seems to be healing - just slowly. I can pretty much walk without pain now. Still haven't tried running.
  • Did 60 minute run this morning, 7 miles.

Felt good, being home after 3 days on the road and not in the best locations for running.

Hoping to squeeze in 15-30 minutes at the pool today. It's a bit cool, so my young boys might not be up for swimming today.

School starts in 1 week, so this will give me some alone time at an indoor pool. Looking forward to it.

Triathlon is 13 days away.
  • Did 60 minute run this morning, 7 miles.

Felt good, being home after 3 days on the road and not in the best locations for running.

Hoping to squeeze in 15-30 minutes at the pool today. It's a bit cool, so my young boys might not be up for swimming today.

School starts in 1 week, so this will give me some alone time at an indoor pool. Looking forward to it.

Triathlon is 13 days away.

What triathlon?

What distance?
  • Reston Triathlon.

Northern Virginia, about 26 miles west of Washington, D.C.

1 mile swim

22 mile bike

6.2 mile run

My first triathlon after 12 years of marathons and ultra marathons