Post your daily workout

Comments

• zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    zenith wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Ab exercises......what should I do?

And I'd just like to thank everyone here for helping me and giving me advice! 8-)

cant beat the good ol crunch, front and side - done properly ....

Front and side....please explain?

front (front abs) and side (obliques)

if you want to make them harder, instead of knees bent, rest them up on a coffee table, or a swiss ball - or harder still, hold your legs up in that position with nothing to rest them on.
    impatience is a gift ........
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    zenith wrote:
    if you want to make them harder, instead of knees bent, rest them up on a coffee table, or a swiss ball - or harder still, hold your legs up in that position with nothing to rest them on.

Ziggy, at first just focus on holding your abs tight throughout all exercises..or else you'll drive yourself crazy trying to get a six-pack...it's all about shedding the fat around the belly....anyway, chick abs are not sexy ;) ..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    zenith wrote:

What's the proper position to work obliques?
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    The Champ wrote:
    zenith wrote:

Ziggy, at first just focus on holding your abs tight throughout all exercises..or else you'll drive yourself crazy trying to get a six-pack...it's all about shedding the fat around the belly....anyway, chick abs are not sexy ;) ..

Yeahhh....I want to shed that belly fat for sure! Damn beer! :x

But I don't want to get hard....I like being soft. The hard 6 pack terminator woman look just isn't me at all! :lol:

Thanks for the advice, Champ!
  • Random_WookieRandom_Wookie Posts: 1,097
    sit ups should be done slow and steady! doing twenty slow is better than 20 fast!
    Rod Laver Arena - Feb 18, 2003
    Rod Laver Arena - Nov 13, 2006
    Adelaide Oval - Nov 17, 2009
    Etihad Stadium - Nov 20, 2009
    BDO Melbourne - Jan 24, 2014
    New York - May 02 - 2016

Powered by Pearl Jam
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    zenith wrote:

What's the proper position to work obliques?

front abs
    http://www.flashmavi.com/weight_trainin ... cise.shtml

obliques - just cross your elbow over to meet the diagonal knee (eg right elbow to left knee) this will work the muscles on the side of your abdomanals, your obliques - tones your waist
    I've been doing this 20 minute stretching, sit ups, push ups, other basic stuff routine every now and then for about a year now --- it's amazing how hard it is to do such simple movements....for me. :lol:

http://www.realage.com/videos/workouts/ ... r-workout/

This is a screenshot from the video -- I couldn't believe how hard that was at first! lol Easy now though. One exercise makes you sit with one knee bent and one leg right out in front of you, hands around bend knee and you lift the straight leg up and down as high off the ground as you can! That exercise still kills me! :?

4249780001_14994648001_th-4249780001-vid14994785001-img0000.jpg
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Tongue on the roof of the mouth when doing sit ups....supports neck muscles

Good stomach exercise http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m844j8L5jIE but keep the back straight
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    I've been doing this 20 minute stretching, sit ups, push ups, other basic stuff routine every now and then for about a year now --- it's amazing how hard it is to do such simple movements....for me. :lol:

http://www.realage.com/videos/workouts/ ... r-workout/

This is a screenshot from the video -- I couldn't believe how hard that was at first! lol Easy now though. One exercise makes you sit with one knee bent and one leg right out in front of you, hands around bend knee and you lift the straight leg up and down as high off the ground as you can! That exercise still kills me! :?

4249780001_14994648001_th-4249780001-vid14994785001-img0000.jpg

thats a bit like a yoga stance - the sphinx - works all your core muscles. in class all the girls carry on like 1 minute of it is torture, but i just zone out ... make patterns out of the marks on the floor matts - that sort of thing. so long as you keep your core tight its easy to pass the time.
    DonJon wrote:
    Tongue on the roof of the mouth when doing sit ups....supports neck muscles

if you dont you are in for one sore neck! happen a couple of weeks ago to me!
    New York - May 02 - 2016

Powered by Pearl Jam
    Thanks for the links guys!

You know what? I can't even touch my toes! How bad is that!!! I wonder how long it will take me until I can?

I don't look really unfit but I obviously am. :roll:
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    I dont think I can touch my toes either.

Yeah wookie Ive got a slight sore neck from 150 chins the other day...still :o
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
    does sitting down count? if not then no i cant either
    New York - May 02 - 2016

Powered by Pearl Jam
    DonJon wrote:
    I dont think I can touch my toes either.

Yeah wookie Ive got a slight sore neck from 150 chins the other day...still :o

i had to get up and try ... :lol:

just ....

makes those hammies hurt tho ....
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    touching your toes has nada to do with being fit, and everything to do with being flexible. i am terribly unfit, but i can easily touch my toes, lay my palms on the floor flat while standing straight. i am merely flexible, always have been. my husband has never been able to touch his toes and tho he is not as fit as he once was....he's still heaps more fit than i am! he was a runner in his younger years, and runners are notorious for being less flexible.

point being - don't beat yourself up over not being able to touch your toes. flexibility is a seperate issue from being fit, tho the two can go hand in hand, if you want them to.

outside of a lot of walking/stair-climbing M-F....i don't have a daily workout, tho i will....eventually. ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

I think I put flexible and fit in the same category. I've been doing a bit of stretching to help with my flexibility. Maybe I should start doing yoga?
    yoga is boring - except for a streach warm down .... just keep excersising, you'll get more flexible .... and if your flexible where & when it counts, who cares if you can touch your toes ;)
    today

15 mins strecting my back
    3 * 15 @ 50kg lat pull down
    3 * 15 @ 30kg chest press on a swiss ball
    2 * 22 @ 30kg bent over row
    2 * 10 push ups
    20 mins strecting my back amd chest