Post your daily workout

Comments

• Random_WookieRandom_Wookie Posts: 1,097
    DonJon wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Fuck summer.... :D

i'd like to see that, but as don jon said its best if ya do it for a lifestyle change! i.e. look good always wearning pants

Exactly.......DonJon may have ethical issues teaching someone who is doing it for the wrong reasons :?

Feeling good, sharp and healthy is the reason for doing such things....if you happen to look good then that is a bonus.

Half the males that go to gyms are only there to bulk up - put on muscle mass....its such a bad attitude. Gimme 10mins with any of those steroid freaks and they wouldnt know what hit them.

yeah i am doing it to feel good! and so i can enjoy playing sport a lot more! instead of guys can you please not move so fast!
    Rod Laver Arena - Feb 18, 2003
    Rod Laver Arena - Nov 13, 2006
    Adelaide Oval - Nov 17, 2009
    Etihad Stadium - Nov 20, 2009
    BDO Melbourne - Jan 24, 2014
    New York - May 02 - 2016

Powered by Pearl Jam
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    What are your thoughts on these air glider thingies? I have one at home.

And is that a guy or chick in the photo? :?

lens3724172_1238475277tony-little-gazelle.jpg
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    What are your thoughts on these air glider thingies? I have one at home.

And is that a guy or chick in the photo? :?

lens3724172_1238475277tony-little-gazelle.jpg

have u taken it out of the box? and dude looks like a lady
    New York - May 02 - 2016

Powered by Pearl Jam

have u taken it out of the box? and dude looks like a lady

I've had it for years......why? Crap? Useless?
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    I've had it for years......why?
    just wondering as I know of people who have bought things like that got them and never really used them!
    New York - May 02 - 2016

Powered by Pearl Jam
    :oops: I've used it about 30 times or so.....it's just so boring exercising on the one spot like that. :roll:
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    I cant comment on those things coz Ive never used them one.....and never will. Those machines make me cringe :lol:

Just do own body weight stuff mate.

There is no way your can just rely on lunges. Walk FAST for say 500m then do 5 lunges eac leg. Walk another 500 then do say 10 body squats etc etc. Try to go for about 15-20 mins to start you off. You wont like it but thats all part of it. It took me 3-4 days a week for 3-4 months before I got the bug....so dont give up.

After you have done the first week try to incorporate a slow jog (coz walking aint exercise 8-) ) instead of the run...or alternate...walk one then run one.

Set your self some form of goal each workout but try to do the same 'sort' of workout each time so you can monitor your improvement.

If you are serious then email me workouts (# on reps, time run etc) an Ill keep adding stuff on for you.

This is a BIG call mate. Its a discipline that sucks when you first start but the rewards are incredible. On an equal par to giving up smoking....there is no short term result...it takes a while
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    ive got a cross trainer ... a bit more heavy duty looking than that thing. - its a cardio workout on those. gets you sweating heaps - put your mp3 on and youll zone out in no time

hhmmm - ok - today

(my sets are 12)

3 sets lunges
    3 sets squats,(with a set of standstill squats at the end of the 3rd rep - standstill, is stay in the lower squat position and only half rise ... with a bar over your shoulders, its kind of torture .... )
    3 sets arm lifts
    3 sets biceps curls
    3 sets - im not sure what you call them - they work the shoulders in a pump class ... stand upright, and bend forward at a right angle and keep your back straight, lower the bar to the floor and then back up to your chest, keeping your core tight. works your tummy and your shoulders

so all those are done with 8kg bar

then 3 sets each of crunches, and then obliques ...
    all that above takes about 20 minutes

then walk to work (2kms) then back home tonight (2kms)

and zig .... thats usual for me - and i think im so unfit its not funny. i think my arse is huge, i have a fat tummy, my thighs are like tree trunks. but my friends tell me im mental and i look fine .... i think most girls have a ridiculous self perception problem. we see tiny little stick insects, and think we should look like that.

i really think i need to tone up my midsection and my butt ... but *shrug* i drink and eat shit too ... so unless i stop drinking and eat like im on jenny craig, it's not going to happen.
    impatience is a gift ........
    They are called bent over rows my dear. Very good for your upper back.

Good work Zenith...tho I didnt read it all. Gotta run for bus.

Speak tomorrow
    Okay, well I got home late from work and Leigh had to go out and he doesn't want me walking around the neighbourhood by myself at night time......so I did two youtube workouts instead.....

Today I did:

10 lunges (note: each leg) ;)
    10 squats
    15 mins very fast walking on the spot with other shit thrown in like kicks, moving arms up and down, some star jumps etc
    8-10 mins jogging on the spot (I slowed to a fast march to have a rest every few minutes)

The videos said raise my legs up as far as they will go and move my arms as much as I can when walking/jogging....gee you can feel the difference!

.......and after that piddley amount of exercise I'm stuffed! :lol: I'm so sad.
    DonJon wrote:
    I cant comment on those things coz Ive never used them one.....and never will. Those machines make me cringe :lol:

Just do own body weight stuff mate.

There is no way your can just rely on lunges. Walk FAST for say 500m then do 5 lunges eac leg. Walk another 500 then do say 10 body squats etc etc. Try to go for about 15-20 mins to start you off. You wont like it but thats all part of it. It took me 3-4 days a week for 3-4 months before I got the bug....so dont give up.

After you have done the first week try to incorporate a slow jog (coz walking aint exercise 8-) ) instead of the run...or alternate...walk one then run one.

Set your self some form of goal each workout but try to do the same 'sort' of workout each time so you can monitor your improvement.

Do I have to do the lunges and squats in public while walking/jogging? Can't I just leave that shit for home? Because I'm walking the streets near houses etc and I feel like a dick doing it.
    DonJon wrote:
    If you are serious then email me workouts (# on reps, time run etc) an Ill keep adding stuff on for you.

You're a fucking champ!
    DonJon wrote:
    This is a BIG call mate. Its a discipline that sucks when you first start but the rewards are incredible. On an equal par to giving up smoking....there is no short term result...it takes a while

I'm deadly serious. Two and a half years ago I gave up a 10+ year 20-30 cigarettes a day addiction the first time I tried. If I can do that, I can do anything. I have a lot of will power...and hate failing. Which is why I broadcasted it to all you guys that I want to tone up etc....so then I'll feel guilty if I stop and you'll all know I'm a failure. 8-)
    30 minute walk to gym
    45 minute spin class!

tonight if my back is ok i will try a 3km jog, 10 * 100 meter hill sprints, 3km jog
    New York - May 02 - 2016

Powered by Pearl Jam
    My thighs are so fucking sore today! :shock: Tried to do some lunges and squats....did about 3 of each. :? Help me

30 push ups (girly ones on knees)
    30 sit ups (knees bent)
    80 toe tap thingy majings that apparently work your lower abs
    Good on you Zig. I knew if anyone was going to commit it was you. Ive just seen so many people 'say' they are gonna do it and then go once or twice. It SUCKS for the first couple of months (myabe less) but that all changes. It will be no harder than giving up ciggies

Plenty of stuff around on the net to help you out (especially in relation to form/how to do properly).

Gotta laugh re the lunges in public :lol: . Dont you have a park around? You wont look like an idea there PLUS its not as if you are running down the street naked...its the same as running in public.

Ill give you some other ideas this arvo
    i know this is post your dail workout, but should I train tomorrow? as i strained my back yesterday! gotta love da pain!
    New York - May 02 - 2016