Options

2008 Patriots

Comments

• Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    4th and 1 on the 12 ... Bill going to gamble?

looks like it ... wait, what happened? time out? some really odd unorganized items coming out of coach these days ... it's almost like he feels he has to over gamble based on not having Brady.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    jimed14 wrote:
    another good drive for the Pats ... amazed how well they are running the ball.
    Well, the AFC South have been running all over the Colts' rushing defense, so that was a great gameplan and it's working well so far.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    Ya-know, other than the whoopin' the Patriots got from the Dolphins, the defense isn't that bad.

I'll give them a mulligan for the San Diego game since they stayed & practiced in California for the 2 weeks in San Francisco & Diego. If they came home for practice, maybe they would have had a better game against the Chargers.
  • Options
    that personal foul call on Thomas could cost them the game ....

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    LongRd. wrote:
    Ya-know, other than the whoopin' the Patriots got from the Dolphins, the defense isn't that bad.

the secondary is extremely suspect.

the thing that gets me, everyone said the PAts had the easiest schedule in the leauge ...

well, right now, not one team in the AFC east is under .500

• Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Two game killers. Seymour's idiocy and Gaffney's high school drop. Ahhggggh!!!

Still a chance if we can stop them here.
  • Options
    play of the game here coming up ... 3rd and 7.

• Options
    Wilds wrote:
    Two game killers. Seymour's idiocy and Gaffney's high school drop. Ahhggggh!!!

Still a chance if we can stop them here.

missed one ... the Pats have actually scored 4 times in this game, Colts 3 times ...

Pats need to turn FGs into TDs.

• Options
    9 seconds left... :(

A long toss to Moss or game's over!

EDIT: GAME OVER. great game though.

AFC Standings
    5-3: Jets(2-1)-Pats(1-1)-Bills(0-2)
    4-4: Dolphins(2-1)
  • Options
    tough loss, really thought they should of had this one ...

• Options
    J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!

3 way tie.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,138
    jimed14 wrote:
    tough loss, really thought they should of had this one ...

Really pissed me off THAT call, let that one get away. Bills/Jets next at home they're coming along.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!

3 way tie.
    Don't feel too confident with #4 there bro'....

I gotta say, even if the records are the same, Cassel is playing better than Favre halfway through the season.
  • Options
    g under p wrote:
    Really pissed me off THAT call, let that one get away. Bills/Jets next at home they're coming along.

Peace
    Yeah the next stretch outings will be determine the postseason picture for the AFC East teams.

At this half-way point, I gotta admit, the 'Fins might be the best team overall, mainly because of their defense.
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    You have to admit, despite all the injuries, the Pats are doing better than most expected. I can see them making the playoofs this year by wild card. Hopefully.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    You have to admit, despite all the injuries, the Pats are doing better than most expected. I can see them making the playoofs this year by wild card. Hopefully.
    Yeah, me too. I really like this Cassel kid, one thing he's better than Brady is with his mobile ability. He doesn't have Brady's eyes or arms though.

It's the defense that needs to play better, especially against big plays or LONG time-killing drives.
  • Options
    That was perhaps the most frustrating football game I've seen in many years, and I'm a lifelong Pats fan. Gaffney drops a TD pass, the useage of timeouts, the unnessary roughness call sending them back 15 yards....they could have won that game and they didn't. Arrrrrrrrrgh.
    model role model
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Belechick's in game coaching was fucking awful yesterday..all is well with the world..at least for a week :)..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    big game today ... vs buffalo

really need this one.

• Options
    we can do it. the bills are playing like shite.

p.s. your sig is incredible
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    P-a-t-s!!!!!
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    we can do it. the bills are playing like shite.

p.s. your sig is incredible

that they are.

not counting Brady, the Pats have a lot of injuries...maybe not more than the Bills but at least Bill gets his players prepared to play.

i still can't believe the Bills gave Jauron a 3 year extension! that man frustrates so many Bills fans...

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    well, damn, this is a hell of a good start.

• Options
    Shock of the game ...

New England's good running? no

Buffalo's weak offense? no

How about the stat they just laid on us .... Randy Moss is close to moving into 11th on the all time receiving yards list ...

Currently 11th .............. Irving Fryar!

Wow, that could have won you a beer at a bar ... 11th? Never would have thought Fryar was that high.

edit, just looked it up, he's 12th in career receptions too ... http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FryaIr00.htm?redir

• Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    Shock of the game ...

How about the stat they just laid on us .... Randy Moss is close to moving into 11th on the all time receiving yards list ...

Wow, that could have won you a beer at a bar ... 11th? Never would have thought Fryar was that high.

edit, just looked it up, he's 12th in career receptions too ... http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FryaIr00.htm?redir

The only Patriot jersey I've ever bought and I had PEE WEE on the back. You remember he had that pee wee herman dance after touchdowns. He had the only touchdown in the 86' Super Bowl and the first ever reciever taken #1 overall in the NFL draft out of Nebraska.

Loved him in NE Patriots and I believe he played for a long time over 12 years at least.

Oh HUGE win today by the PATRIOTS, need to win next week THURSDAY against the JETS who won 47-3 against the Rams.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    Shock of the game ...

Yeah, he actually had some of his best years after the Pats, and he played for some good 10 years after he was let go, including 4 Pro Bowls.

Some more Fryar facts from Wikipedia: He holds an NFL Record for having touchdowns reception from 19 different passers and having at least two touchdown receptions in 16 consecutive seasons. Fryar also became the first player to record a touchdown reception in 17 consecutive seasons.
  • Options
    Yeah, he actually had some of his best years after the Pats, and he played for some good 10 years after he was let go, including 4 Pro Bowls.

Some more Fryar facts from Wikipedia: He holds an NFL Record for having touchdowns reception from 19 different passers and having at least two touchdown receptions in 16 consecutive seasons. Fryar also became the first player to record a touchdown reception in 17 consecutive seasons.

I knew he had good seasons in Philly and Miami ... but man, I just didn't think he accumulated that many yards.

Still have vivid imagies of him dancing on the bench getting the Pats' crowd riled up with the towel waiving.

• Options
    Thursday night vs the Jets ... anyone seen SpreadtheJAM recently??? Let's refresh our memories from his earlier Jets v Pats predictions ...

:D
    Can't wait to see My New York Jets roll all over the pats this weekend in the meadowlands. pats reign is officially over i hope you chumps enjoyed it.
    Trust me you're going to wish i wasn't here come sunday night.
    J-E-T-S- Jets jets jets. Can't wait for the game, and can't wait to here from this thread after cassell implodes today.

JETS 24 Pats 20.

JSBE wrote:
    so what happens if the pats win?
    Not possible.

• Options
    Pats at home tonight ... biggest game of the season ...

Time to channel the power of Mosi

• Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    Pats at home tonight ... biggest game of the season ...

Time to channel the power of Mosi

Big game is right....I love the old school PATRIOTS like Randy Vataha, Sam *THE BAM* Cunningham, John *HOG* Hannah, Russ Francis, and Steve Grogan. http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nfl/nengalnd/patriotsimages.html

I have the Old Logo still my fav.

Peace