Options

2008 Patriots

Comments

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,399
    stickboy wrote:
    not talking about just one bad loss, I'm talking about everybody is getting older, (Harrison, Seymour, Morris, Bruschi, etc) You DON"T know how Brady is gonna bounce back from a major injury like this next yr and the team simply has no future prospects. AND if you read back everything I wrote, I said that if Brady DOES come back 100% and returns to his old form then REBUILDING will probably be put off for a few more yrs. It's all speculation but I'm just sayin...inevitably the teams gonna have to go thru it just like every great franchise in sports does. It's the price you pay for finishing on top every yr and it shows in the draft big time.
    :
    You mention Seymour...he's 28, will turn 29 in October.
    The other D linemen, Wilfork and Warren are both 27.
    Bruschi and Harrison are on their way out, but the Pats have drafted their inevitable replacements already in Mayo and Merriweather, respectively. Morris is not exactrly a guy who has had much impact on the dynasty years, picked up as a 2nd back and getting hurt last year, the primary back, Maroney, is in his 3rd season and age 23.

Brady is 31, he'll work harder than anyone to recover fully from his injury. He'll be fine next year.

So put away your shovel, the rebuilding process is an ongoing thing in NE, Belichick and Pioli are pretty good at replacing talent as needed. Sorry, your beloved Jets ;) just aren't gonna take over the division anytime soon while Mangenius is mortgaging the future for a flyer on the NFL's career interception leader at age 69 throwing pick sixes to the opponents. Pennington looks a lot better than Brett the Jet thus far this season.

The Pats certainly won't be winning the Super Bowl this year, but look out next year.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    not talking about just one bad loss, I'm talking about everybody is getting older, (Harrison, Seymour, Morris, Bruschi, etc) You DON"T know how Brady is gonna bounce back from a major injury like this next yr and the team simply has no future prospects. AND if you read back everything I wrote, I said that if Brady DOES come back 100% and returns to his old form then REBUILDING will probably be put off for a few more yrs. It's all speculation but I'm just sayin...inevitably the teams gonna have to go thru it just like every great franchise in sports does. It's the price you pay for finishing on top every yr and it shows in the draft big time.
    Theres only one team thats been able to sustain that ''ELITE" status and perhaps even a dynasty and I dont know HOW the hell they do it..but thats the Detroit Red Wings! They finish first EVERY yr almost have won a good share of cups since 95-96 and yet...their prospects keep coming out to be superstars yr after yr! (Holmstrom, Franzen, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, etc) :confused:

How did Ronnie Brown look 1 yr after ACL surgery? Brady will be fine.
    "This guy back here is giving me the ole one more....one more back to you buddy."

- Mr. Edward Vedder 7/11/03

• Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    Poncier wrote:
    You mention Seymour...he's 28, will turn 29 in October.
    The other D linemen, Wilfork and Warren are both 27.
    Bruschi and Harrison are on their way out, but the Pats have drafted their inevitable replacements already in Mayo and Merriweather, respectively. Morris is not exactrly a guy who has had much impact on the dynasty years, picked up as a 2nd back and getting hurt last year, the primary back, Maroney, is in his 3rd season and age 23.

Brady is 31, he'll work harder than anyone to recover fully from his injury. He'll be fine next year.

So put away your shovel, the rebuilding process is an ongoing thing in NE, Belichick and Pioli are pretty good at replacing talent as needed. Sorry, your beloved Jets ;) just aren't gonna take over the division anytime soon while Mangenius is mortgaging the future for a flyer on the NFL's career interception leader at age 69 throwing pick sixes to the opponents. Pennington looks a lot better than Brett the Jet thus far this season.

The Pats certainly won't be winning the Super Bowl this year, but look out next year.
    you mean my beloved GIANTS? ;)
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    you mean my beloved GIANTS? ;)
    Thats why I put the ;).

For a guy who claims to be a Giants fan, you sure do pump up the J-E-S-Ta lot.
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    Poncier wrote:
    Thats why I put the ;).

ah, I guess it's more an anti Patriots thing and my fams all Jets fans unfortunately so I kinda hope they do good at some point. I'm the only true blue giants fan in my whole family so I'm good with that...at least my teams been kinda succesful compared to their long sufferings, lol. I'm actually upset that my lil nephews already decked in green and raised to be a JETS fan :(
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Poncier wrote:
    The Pats certainly won't be winning the Super Bowl this year.

This is exactly what I said after the Jets/Pats game, and now after the beating via Chad/Dolphins at least you all realize as well..no shot for the cheating bastards :)..good luck next year..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Poncier wrote:
    Thats why I put the ;).

Dude that is so hilarious. I was pissing myself when I saw that.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    The Champ wrote:
    the beating via Chad/Dolphins at least you all realize as well..no shot for the cheating bastards :)..good luck next year..
    I and probably 99% of the fans realized this the moment Brady was put on IR.
    I still think the Pats have a legit shot at making the playoffs, but not going anywhere once they get there.
  • Options
    Danimal wrote:
    Dude that is so hilarious. I was pissing myself when I saw that.
    It was quite funny to see on national TV.
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Poncier wrote:
    I and probably 99% of the fans realized this the moment Brady was put on IR.
    I still think the Pats have a legit shot at making the playoffs, but not going anywhere once they get there.

the only thing I'll say is that it's week 3 ...

in 2001, after week 3, did ANYONE thing the Patriots would be the superbowl champs?

last year after week 3, did ANYONE think the Giants would be the superbowl champs?

long way to go.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    the only thing I'll say is that it's week 3 ...

in 2001, after week 3, did ANYONE thing the Patriots would be the superbowl champs?

last year after week 3, did ANYONE think the Giants would be the superbowl champs?

long way to go.

See that Ponc? And I made the comment right after the Pats beat the Jets when the fanbase was in their even more than usual full gloating arrogant glory..and still with the embarrassing loss to the former Jet Chad and the lonely Dolphins, which had little to nothing to do with Brady, there is still considerably more annoying arrogant disillusioned fans who believe the Pats will cheat their way into another Super Bowl win than the 1% you estimated ;)..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    The Chump wrote:
    See that Ponc? And I made the comment right after the Pats beat the Jets when the fanbase was in their even more than usual full gloating arrogant glory..and still with the embarrassing loss to the former Jet Chad and the lonely Dolphins, which had little to nothing to do with Brady, there is still considerably more annoying arrogant disillusioned fans who believe the Pats will cheat their way into another Super Bowl win than the 1% you estimated ;)..

hey, lugnut ...

1) it's not just the Pats, it could be ANYONE that wins this years superbowl ... my point is it is too early to rule anyone in or out (well, except maybe the Chiefs)

2) I was NEVER arrogant re:The Pats after the Jets win (I don't tihnk any of us were claiming "Superbowl" after that win) ... I only wanted to call out the Jets fans that thought it would be a cake walk win for the Jets

Don't put words in my mouth ...

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Jim_ Ed_14 wrote:
    hey, lugnut ...

1) it's not just the Pats, it could be ANYONE that wins this years superbowl ... my point is it is too early to rule anyone in or out (well, except maybe the Chiefs)

2) I was NEVER arrogant re:The Pats after the Jets win (I don't tihnk any of us were claiming "Superbowl" after that win) ... I only wanted to call out the Jets fans that thought it would be a cake walk win for the Jets

Don't put words in my mouth ...

No need to get tough and/or personal. And I see what you did there, very clever changing the 'a' to 'u' to spell 'chump.' Great job by you :)..and if you had read my post/reply appropriately, you would have realized that my statement was not specifically directed at you...but rather it correctly encompassed/described the majority of the pompous and arrogant cheating Patriot fans ;)..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    No need to get tough and/or personal. And I see what you did there, very clever changing the 'a' to 'u' to spell 'chump.' Great job by you :)..and if you had read my post/reply appropriately, you would have realized that my statement was not specifically directed at you...but rather it correctly encompassed/described the majority of the pompous and arrogant cheating Patriot fans ;)..

can you find any patriots fans that were clammoring for a superbowl run after the jets game?

• Options
    Sherlock wrote:
    can you find any patriots fans that were clammoring for a superbowl run after the jets game?

I never said clammoring or anything of the sort, but many are still disillusioned in their thinking that the Pats have a shot at the Super Bowl this year. Poncier suggested that 99% of the fanbase currently realize that the Pats will not win the Super Bowl, and the very best they could achieve is perhaps making the playoffs. I then pointed out that there are significantly more than just 1% of arrogant/pompous fans who still believe otherwise and feel a Super Bowl run is not out of the question. So who is correct in their assessment??
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,138
    The Champ wrote:

Which Patriots fans are cheating, I certainly have not since I don't own or play for the Patriots? I'm just a fan nothing more, Get your words straight.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    Which Patriots fans are cheating, I certainly have not since I don't own or play for the Patriots? I'm just a fan nothing more, Get your words straight.

Peace

Oh good Lord Earle, my words don't need to be 'straight.' Just having a little poke at the expense of the cheating Patriots and their fans<--is that better? :)..you know, similar to your bright green loving words of encouragement on the Jets thread ;)..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    Oh good Lord Earle, my words don't need to be 'straight.' Just having a little poke at the expense of the cheating Patriots and their fans<--is that better? :)..you know, similar to your bright green loving words of encouragement on the Jets thread ;)..

What more do you it's green and it's different, besides aren't you a Giants fan?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Patriots come through on the west coast. Who's next?

Peace

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    Patriots come through on the west coast. Who's next?

Peace

The Chargers ... the Pats are staying here on the west coast all week, not heading back to NE.

Defense shaped up in the 2nd half ... running game looked real good (granted, it WAS the 49ers) ... and Cassell seemed to get more confidence as the game went on ... he's still no Brady ...

Got a feeling a savvy secondary like the Chargers might fool him into a pic or two next week, but, still, they don't look that hot right now either.

• Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    The Chargers ... the Pats are staying here on the west coast all week, not heading back to NE.

Defense shaped up in the 2nd half ... running game looked real good (granted, it WAS the 49ers) ... and Cassell seemed to get more confidence as the game went on ... he's still no Brady ...

Got a feeling a savvy secondary like the Chargers might fool him into a pic or two next week, but, still, they don't look that hot right now either.

Chargers are going to be a desperate team, this is almost a must-win for them, 2 and 4 is a deep hole to get out of to make the playoffs. Especially with the Bills, Colts, Steelers, and Saints still on the schedule, plus the division leading Broncos.
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:

Maybe staying out west and getting away from NE foe a week will help their confidence on both sides of the ball. I predict a surprise win here, I hope it's on tv here in DC.

Peace

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    Maybe staying out west and getting away from NE foe a week will help their confidence on both sides of the ball. I predict a surprise win here, I hope it's on tv here in DC.

Peace

Oh it will be; It's the NBC game.
  • Options
    17-3 but they have 1st and goal on the one ... chance to get back in it ...

not only are they stuffed, but san diego storms right down for a TD ...

oooooooof, 2nd game in a row on the west coast, not treating them well. I knew when the scedule came out, these 4 west coast games were going to suuuuuuuck.

• Options
    Just got back from the movie *Eagle Eye* which was very good film.

The Patriots are getting killed. :(

Peace

• Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Cassel needs to gt rid of the ball faster! and Marooney needs to stay healthy.
    Go with the no-huddle offense...

It's the defense that's really pissin' me off!
    Like I said earlier, they're just too damn old. :mad:

and Delta O'Neal sucks!
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    Uh oh..your team is looking pretty shitty..it's okay though, I'm sure Belichick will figure something out ;)..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    Uh oh..your team is looking pretty shitty..it's okay though, I'm sure Belichick will figure something out ;)..

They will or heads will roll. :D

Peace

• Options
    remember these guys????

Would be nice if they could pick us up tonight with a big win over Denver.

• Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    remember these guys????

Would be nice if they could pick us up tonight with a big win over Denver.

Man I totally agree with ya, the celtics and Bruins are just too early in their seasons. Is this a home game?

Peace