Options

2008 Patriots

Comments

• Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    g under p wrote:
    Man I totally agree with ya, the celtics and Bruins are just too early in their seasons. Is this a home game?

Peace

indeed, all those south shore folks can expect a REALLY shitty commute home ... ;)
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    shit ... aside from the sacks, been a great first half for the Pats so far!

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,138
    The Patriots are getting it done and getting it done well. :)

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    this is so awesome. i can get my mind off yesterdays game.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    Hey have you noticed the traffic visiting this thread who are NOT fans has lessoned quite a bit.

Can't beg em to come in and say what they usually have to say.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    man, that Harrison injury could be costly ...

Maroney out for the year (not really a huge loss, that guy has been so soft) ... Morris left the game ...

hopefully, this wasn't one of those "costly" wins ...

• Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    g under p wrote:
    Hey have you noticed the traffic visiting this thread who are NOT fans has lessoned quite a bit.

Can't beg em to come in and say what they usually have to say.

Peace
    lol

I'd say prolly cause since Brady went down its become a foregone conclusion that the Pats season is over

but I gotta give it them, even tho this game has been brutal and Casel getting sacked like every drive.

I thought Denver was supposed to be good! :rolleyes:
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Finally, we saw Randy Moss smiling and looking happy. First time all season long.
    Cassel looked like a Pro Bowler tonight.

Morris and the running game was solid too.

The defense looked great too.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    LongRd. wrote:
    Finally, we saw Randy Moss smiling and looking happy. First time all season long.
    Cassel looked like a Pro Bowler tonight.

Morris and the running game was solid too.

The defense looked great too.

let's not go overboard, the Denver defense (especially when Champ Bailey is out) is woeful ...

Rams next week ... hopefully they are done upsetting teams.

• Options
    Superb win by the PATRIOTS today 5-2 still hanging. :)

Peace

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    Superb win by the PATRIOTS today 5-2 still hanging. :)

Peace
    It's good that Cassel didn't get discouraged and lead them back for a late TD pass for the win.

Week 9 will be a tough game regardless of Indy's record.
    Also: Jets at Buffalo and Dolphins at Denver.
  • Options
    And the Bills loss to the Fins shows that they're not ready to take the crown from the Pats just quite yet. Bet the Bills fans can't wait to get revenge on Miami at home in December....in the warm confines of Skydome in Toronto.
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    And the Bills loss to the Fins shows that they're not ready to take the crown from the Pats just quite yet. Bet the Bills fans can't wait to get revenge on Miami at home in December....in the warm confines of Skydome in Toronto.

Yeah but I'm sure the Jets impressive showing against an extremely tough Chiefs team has you guys shaking in your snow boots ;)..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    Yeah but I'm sure the Jets impressive showing against an extremely tough Chiefs team has you guys shaking in your snow boots ;)..
    Jets won, Bills no longer hold the top seed in the AFC East.
    The Patriots can take 1st in the division if they can win at Indy tonight!

We'll see what happens...
  • Options
    LongRd. wrote:
    Jets won, Bills no longer hold the top seed in the AFC East.
    The Patriots can take 1st in the division if they can win at Indy tonight!

We'll see what happens...

who in god's name are these guys in the secondary tonight?

I thought most of these guys were on the practice squad ...

don't need Peyton refinding his form tonight ... 7-0, 1st qtr .... time to get something going on offense.

• Options
    well, the Pats Defense didn't give a big play on that drive but didn't stop the Colts either. Peyton & co. went 91 yards in 15 plays for a TD, 9-mins gameclock they took. that's 3/4 of the 1st quarter...

might be a long night for the Pats... :(
  • Options
    LongRd. wrote:
    well, the Pats Defense didn't give a big play on that drive but didn't stop the Colts either. Peyton & co. went 91 yards in 15 plays for a TD, 9-mins gameclock they took. that's 3/4 of the 1st quarter...

might be a long night for the Pats... :(

pretty good response, came back with a figgy ...

I am concerned with the defense though. d-line needs to come up HUGE tonight

• Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    pretty good response, came back with a figgy ...

I am concerned with the defense though. d-line needs to come up HUGE tonight
    Yeah. nice stop by the defense on that last Indy drive, and now the Pats are rollin' pretty well with the rushing and short passing.

nice drive so far. would love to end it with a TD...
  • Options
    OH MAN that was a shweet call down by one .

Let's go PATS

Peace

• Options
    Keep the pressure on Patriots.

Peace

• Options
    c'mon, no figgy here, punch it in for 6, please!!!

• Options
    yeah ... BenJarvis!

• Options
    not sure I dig the call to go for 2 in the 3rd QTR.

• Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    yeah ... BenJarvis!
    Looks like Belichick's pulling a Shanahan gameplan with all these tailbacks from out-of-nowhere. :D

Maroney's done for the season, then Morris shows up for the game of his career. Morris' out for last week, Faulk had a solid game and Morris still out this week- no fear, Jarvous-Green-Ellis puts 52yds and a TD(maybe more to come).
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    not sure I dig the call to go for 2 in the 3rd QTR.
    yeah definitely dont need that with the lead.

we missed the 2-pt conversion but the Colts hit it...

12-15...close game. the Pats might win it since it's not a blowout. ;)
  • Options
    another good drive for the Pats ... amazed how well they are running the ball.

• Options
    oh man ... 6 points through the hands of Gaffney. UGH

• Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    jimed14 wrote:
    oh man ... 6 points through the hands of Gaffney. UGH

Damn Pro?
  • Options
    Nice first down right there.

Peace

• Options
    Need this right here

Peace