Options

2008 Patriots

youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
edited March 2009 in All Encompassing Trip
Forget last years Super Bowl. And I know a few Giants fans are gonna rip this up, but the Pats are the team to beat this year. They WILL win the super bowl. They won't go undefeated like last year, but they will win the big one. OK, bring it on, haters! GO PATS
He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Forget last years Super Bowl. And I know a few Giants fans are gonna rip this up, but the Pats are the team to beat this year. They WILL win the super bowl. They won't go undefeated like last year, but they will win the big one. OK, bring it on, haters! GO PATS
    looking foward to another fun season. the giants fans enough to worry about without comin here.

Go Pats
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125

Love em but I'm not as confident as last year but it would be sweet and difficult for them to comeback and win the damn Bowl then collect another ring.

[size=+5]LET'S GO PATS![/size]

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,891
    I'm a Giants fan and I'll admit that the Pats are the best team put together. But, they were last year too. I guess thats why they play the games.

If the Giants can't do anything I'll have to hope for the Pats to beat the "Boys" in the Super Bowl because I can't stand those low life thugs. America's Team my ass!
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    They should do pretty well figuring they have one of the league's easiest schedules; I think they play only 1 playoff team from last season at home or something like that (Pitt maybe?). I do think they need to lose a game quickly so people can stop talking about the whole winning streak again, like what happened 3 yrs ago. The one concern I see is that they play a lot of west coast teams on the road, and that leads to long trips. Last year they played only once out of the Eastern time zone, this year they have at Oakland, SF, SD and Seattle, that's a lot of back and forth.
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    This reminds me of 2002 ...

After the 2001 superbowl, the Pats went into 2002 with confidence ... but the defense was old and failing ... I think it was an early season game against the Chiefs where they were lit up for nearly 40 points (granted, I think they won) and I knew trouble was brewing ...

Big loses on the D, especially in the secondary ... I hope they aren't getting torched all season long.

But I am certianly excited for the new season, and still ahve confidence they'll make it back to the playoffs (unlike 2002).
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    don't really care much about what the Pats do this yr, cause we whupped that ass last yr so I'm content. We're the defending champs so I believe we are the ones teams have to take out b4 anyone else.

anyways I think Bradys hurt foot and teams seeing how easy the Giants tagged him last yr puts a HUGE bullseye on that #12 and not to mention everyone else got a bit older and a few losses dring the offseason means the Pats will never be the same again and in a yr or two the big R words gonna hit

time to REBUILD! :eek:
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    don't really care much about what the Pats do this yr, cause we whupped that ass last yr so I'm content. We're the defending champs so I believe we are the ones teams have to take out b4 anyone else.

anyways I think Bradys hurt foot and teams seeing how easy the Giants tagged him last yr puts a HUGE bullseye on that #12 and not to mention everyone else got a bit older and a few losses dring the offseason means the Pats will never be the same again and in a yr or two the big R words gonna hit

well a few posts without ny bullshit aint bad :rolleyes:
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:

What's all this 'we' talk, did you play on special teams or something?
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361

that's one thing that i really hate....even fans of the team i follow. they are fans, that is it. there is no 'we'....there is them and you...

dude, i really like your response :D

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    why you guys don't say "we"?

huh....

that sucks, sorry to hear that
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    jimed14 wrote:

After the 2001 superbowl, the Pats went into 2002 with confidence ... but the defense was old and failing ... I think it was an early season game against the Chiefs where they were lit up for nearly 40 points (granted, I think they won) and I knew trouble was brewing ...

Big loses on the D, especially in the secondary ... I hope they aren't getting torched all season long.

But I am certianly excited for the new season, and still ahve confidence they'll make it back to the playoffs (unlike 2002).
    :( yeah the defensive squad is pretty old too. they picked up John Lynch, a solid veteran but he's up there too with age.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    LongRd. wrote:
    :( yeah the defensive squad is pretty old too. they picked up John Lynch, a solid veteran but he's up there too with age.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Patriots-cut-Lynch-but-probably-not-for-long?urn=nfl,104699

looks like Lynch is gone too

unless they brought him back again yest or today
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Patriots-cut-Lynch-but-probably-not-for-long?urn=nfl,104699

supposedly, that was the plan .... to bring him back in a few days so they don't have to garauntee his full year salary.

although, I head the Jets were intersted in him ... let the Belichick Mangenius games begin!

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:

oh damn! Just checked the roster, he's not on it.
    his numbers hasn't changed that much between Tampa Bay and Denver so he can still productive after all these years.
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:

old news....

they signed Deltha O'Neall also.

• Options
    that reminds me, i should check up on my FFT.
  • Options
    word .Giants arent even on the pats mind this yr

cause Mangini and the Jets not to mention the Chargers, Peyton and a few others in your conference will be gunning for ya. I dont even think its guaranteed you guys make the playoffs this yr the way other teams have improved..you prolly will but its not gonna be as easy as previous yrs
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    word .Giants arent even on the pats mind this yr

cause Mangini and the Jets not to mention the Chargers, Peyton and a few others in your conference will be gunning for ya. I dont even think its guaranteed you guys make the playoffs this yr the way other teams have improved..you prolly will but its not gonna be as easy as previous yrs

you really think the pats won't win the afc east?

really?

• Options
    jimed14 wrote:

really?
    dude..not a jets fan here by any means but their 2nd stringers had 10 sacks alone last week or something like that. Don't sleep on them this yr. And if Farve is even HALF the player he was last yr let's say, you don't think that makes em a legit contender for the afc east?
  • Options
    I have a long standing Man Crush on Tom Brady
    BRING BACK THE WHALE
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:

really?

no. the Bills will!!! woowoot!!!

haha, just kidding. though i am a Bills fan i'm not that optimistic or stupid.

the way i see it:

Pats
    Bills (maybe, just maybe a wildcar...but even then they will lose in the first round)
    Jets
    Fins

So many people are split on the Favre/Jets. some think they will challenge for the division or at worst second place. some think it's the same old Jets. i think Favre was a fool for doing this. one of the reasons the Jets sucked so bad last year, besides no real QB, was the fact that whoever was playing QB from week to week had no time to throw the ball...most of the time they were on their back. yes, Faneca helps a bit but i just don't see things changing much.

Favre might retire during the season as much as he's going to get hit.

anyway, this is a Pats thread. i hope you break your foot Brady :)

• Options
    stickboy wrote:
    dude..not a jets fan here by any means but their 2nd stringers had 10 sacks alone last week or something like that.

against what, second stringers? might say more about the giants O-line then the Jets D

I tihnk it was 8 sacks ... and it was two weeks ago as last week, they had none.

• Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    against what, second stringers? might say more about the giants O-line then the Jets D

I tihnk it was 8 sacks ... and it was two weeks ago as last week, they had none.
    true but still

after all that spending they did to improve their D they better hope its one of the best in the league
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    why you guys don't say "we"?

huh....

that sucks, sorry to hear that

Simply because I don't own or play for ANY of the Beantown teams I root for. Until I do I'll never say that.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,214
    you have to be concerned with Brady's foot - I don't care what they are saying, the fact that he has had a foot problem back to the Super Bowl can't be good.

oh and have the Pats ever won when they couldn't cheat? (ha ha cheating bastards)
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:

They're a better team then they were in 2002. That first Super Bowl team was a statistical anomaly. They scored 3 offensive TD's in playoff games and won the Super Bowl. That was in the mist of Billy B. blowing up the team to get some cap room. The teams that won SB's 38 and 39 were the best teams in the league in those years.

If I was a Pats fan, I would feel confident that they will be back in the final four teams.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,253
    stickboy wrote:
    dude..not a jets fan here by any means but their 2nd stringers had 10 sacks alone last week or something like that. Don't sleep on them this yr. And if Farve is even HALF the player he was last yr let's say, you don't think that makes em a legit contender for the afc east?
    Thye will contend for 8 wins if Favre stays healthy.
    Barring a catastrophic injury to Brady, the Pats have the AFC east sewn up by Thanksgiving.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    No teams right stand out more than any other which bodes well for the Patriots getting to the final four teams in the playoffs.

Peace

• Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    I hope Tom Brady breaks his weiner and is promptly dumped by that fleet-footed Gazelle.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    g under p wrote:
    No teams right stand out more than any other which bodes well for the Patriots getting to the final four teams in the playoffs.

Peace

there are too many good teams in the AFC for this to be a fact.

San Diego, Jacksonville, Indy .... indeed, they all have warts, but so do the Pats.

Just trying to keep it real. Man, I hope you are all right .... I hope Brady is ok ... I'd love another 14-2, superbowl win year ...